(Close Window)
Topic: Peter O'Toole, RIP
He had the most fantastically powerful voice I have ever heard and yet seemed so quite. He liked a game of snooker between playing the theatre in my neck of the woods. That's how I met him years ago. He had a good sense of humour. I had always been a fan of his. Well, anyway it's a shame he has gone.
My favorite actor. It was always just a pleasure and a joy to watch him. "My Favorite Year" was wonderful.
One of my favorite actors, too. And a very amusing guest on talk shows ... for which He usually showed up half sloshed! Loved him in "Lawrence Of Arabia", "My Favorite Year", "How To Steal A Million", and the satirical black comedy "The Ruling Class."
Talking as a straight married guy here......He was probably the
most handsome actor I've ever seen. See Lawrence of Arabia for proof.
He was my kinda guy. Hard drinking, fast living. Also, a fantastic raconteur.
Another one of my favourites goes...I must be getting on a bit.
Sad news. Always enjoyed watching him. Some giant performances . I always felt that he was one of the actors who could have achieved so much more were it not for his personal demons.
RIP. :(
R.I.P.
I rather liked him in the movie in which he and Audrey Hepburn starred, [i]How to Steal a Million.[/i] As Arthur noted above. It was a charming movie.
Swans sing before they die. Actors bow. Here is Alan Swann's final bow from "My Favorite Year." It is a moving and fitting tribute to O'Toole as well:

http://youtu.be/j3UzqqHuB3U
Loved him in Lawrence of Arabia as a teen. Then a few years later I did my junior college year in London and met him. I'm typing half these letters (the right side of the keyboard) with the hand that shook his. Completely engaging on the screen and in real life. Gonna miss him!
Tributes pouring in for Peter O'Toole:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25396105
I just recently watched Bertolucci's "The Last Emperor" last week. Peter O'Toole nearly steals the whole show. (The real show, of course, was the Forbidden City.)
A legendary actor that will be missed; his performance in The Lion in Winter is superb and what a great dynamic between O'Toole who played King Henry II in his later years and the impeccable performance of Katherine Hepburn as the formidable Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine.

Going to watch Becket later.

"Is there no one who will rid me of this meddlesome priest?"

I love this quote from Peter O'Toole from an interview: If you are going to whine about quitting drinking, then just get back on the bottle. Do. What. Thou. Wilt."

May his memory be eternal.
RIP to a true legend.
Peter O'Toole as Jeffrey Bernard - Gambling and Bookmaking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK255HISRNY