(Close Window)
Topic: PENGUIN LIVE!•Dec 29: 100th LECTURE: Bob Cassidy. Living legend
Bob Cassidy is coming to Penguin Live on 29th December 2013.

It's their 100th lecture (Penguin, not Bob) so they booked a living legend! I for one am looking forward to this more than christmas :)

best,
Sean
Looking forward to this, thanks for the heads-up.
Wonder if the site will collapse under the demand? :)
Exciting !
I'm there!
Great news indeed
What are you expecting to include and cover in the lecture Bob? Previous and currently released material or anything new that we may not yet have seen before? Is this going to be a marathon session?
As anyone who has ever seen me lecture knows, I only start with a very general outline and then just take off from there, never really knowing exactly where the lecture is going- except that it will eventually get there. :eek: (I will likely drive the moderator crazy.)

I'll be talking about my classics, history, billet switches, psychology, logical disconnects etc, etc., along with anything else that occurs to me at the moment. Will probably cover quite a few things from my books, particularly The Arful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy, Volume 2: Fundamentals.

Anything special you guys would like me to talk about?
[quote]
On 2013-12-20 12:08, mastermindreader wrote:
As anyone who has ever seen me lecture knows, I only start with a very general outline and then just take off from there, never really knowing exactly where the lecture is going- except that it will eventually get there. :eek: (I will likely drive the moderator crazy.)

I'll be talking about my classics, history, billet switches, psychology, logical disconnects etc, etc., along with anything else that occurs to me at the moment. Will probably cover quite a few things from my books, particularly The Arful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy, Volume 2: Fundamentals.

[/quote]

I would like to here your thoughts on stagecraft, and the effects of drinking bong water :)
I'll drink some before the lecture and you can see for yourself. :eek:

I'll talk about some stagecraft, too!
Maybe you could sneak in a discussion of your philosophy including the web?
Yes- I'll talk about that.

Keep the requests coming guys- you're writing the lecture for me!
[quote]
On 2013-12-20 05:09, Sean Giles wrote:
Bob Cassidy is coming to Penguin Live on 29th December 2013.

It's their 100th lecture (Penguin, not Bob) so they booked a living legend! I for one am looking forward to this more than christmas :)

best,
Sean
[/quote]People throw the word "legend" around way too freely. But in this case it's more than accurate. He's also very generous with his time and funny as hell. This is going to be one great lecture!
Steve
[quote]
[/quote]

That routine when you read someone´s mind!

;)

I will be there Bob (online and RV)

Best
Have you any revisions or updates to your card memory/calling effect?
Envelope s*****ing
how about if you could only perform 3 effects from annemann as a short set, which three would they be and what order?
that way you hit all the things that are important in performing...the order, how to link them together, how to build the wow factor as it were...that kinda thing?

getting the delayed read after a b*****-s*****? the timing/pacing of it...

Tervil?

and also, the spider tattoo and how you got it...
What spider tattoo?

:eek:
Sorry, I am obviously mistaken...whatever the thing is on your right hand, between thumb and index...
What thing? You mean the spider?
Have I entered the web?
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (Dec 20, 2013 12:23PM)
I've been looking forward to this one since I first heard about it! Can't wait!

Bob, can you talk a little about the "major effect" and why you think it is so important in terms of opening your show..

Robert.
Really looking forward to this one...I'll be there live in studio!
I will be there!!! =D Online!!! Wha about 4th dimension?
I am so excited about this!

I've owned copies of Anneman and Corinda for years. I've read lots of books about mentalism and seen lots of videos. But it was when I downloaded Bob's "Fundamentals of Professional Mentalism" fom Lybrary.com that I was finally inspired to start actually performing.
I'm in...

Looking forward to it!

And, Bob, to you and all the other alter kockers
here on the forum, Merry Christmas.

Best wishes,

Scott
Cool!
Major effects- okay
4th Dimensional - in depth
Iain- What web? The one on my left upper arm where the spider usually is when he's not on my hand?

And Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Fructifying Festivus to all!
*swots at it*

I will be watching, with a 5 year old El Dorado golden rum in hand...
And if you could keep the spider thing going during the lecture, as a running gag - that would be immense...
What spider thing?
Did I tell you about my web tattoo?
Certainly a legend. And, living is ALWAYS a good thing.
Look forward to lecture, Bob, honestly was hoping you'd sit on 4DT though.
Actually, 4DT has been in print now for over ten years and is on my Mental Miracles DVD. I won't be going into some of the more esoteric refinements, though. Just the basic version.
Can't wait for this!

Some ideas:

1)the logical disconnect when doing a center tear routine,

2)how to do a peek in real time.

granterg
Also, how to do a peek of an imp p*d in real time.

Respectfully,

granterg
Okay, granterg.

I'm writing all these down and plan on bringing out your list of questions and answering all of them in the lecture.

Keep 'em coming. This is a sure way of making certain that the lecture contains something for everyone.
Thank you Dr. Bob.

I love the idea of the mar**ed deck principle - you can create miracles for the lay person.

But as we all know, if your eyesight is average, you can't read a darn thing, especially under the pressure of performance!

I have experimented with many different mar***ed reading systems, but I still have a lot of difficulty.

My question would be: How should a performer handle this problem?

Thanks again!
Looking forward to this!!

Billy
Bob, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on performing 4DT in a casual setting, the significance of character building and development of your character based on that characters abilities or skill set.
Okay, Alwow. Character building and development is something I will definitely cover. Will also discuss working in casual settings.

Keep em coming!
Many thanks for asking for suggestions. I'd love to hear your...

- Thoughts on construction of a (i) cohesive, (ii) well-shaped, (iii) satisfying act?

- Thoughts on (and demonstrations of?) pre-show work and dealing with the ways it can go wrong?
I second Alwows character building. Also, what about your outlook on "sense and meaning" and making the effects personal and meaningful?

Matthew
I want to see you doing an effect with the red head (can't think of her name right now)... :)

Best
Sean
Great great great! Bob, could you give a demo of introducing some cold readings in one effect, to enhance it? I know everything you will cover will be a gem, anyway...
By the way, could you do a 5 hours lecture please? loool
[quote]
On 2013-12-21 01:35, MatthewSims wrote:
I second Alwows character building. Also, what about your outlook on "sense and meaning" and making the effects personal and meaningful?

Matthew
[/quote]

Hi Bob,
I would second that. I'm interested in your thoughts on how to connect to an audience.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
Patr!ck
Bob,

I'd love it if you could talk about the Q&A act a bit. Not only methods, which it would be cool to see, but also more importantly how to sell the idea that you're really in their heads.

All the best,
Charles
Hi Bob, I'd be interested in your thoughts on openers and using indexes along with everything else people have mentioned,

Can't wait,

Sea
What a treat for the festive period!

Bob, if possible could you discuss and expand upon your writings in "staging it" and performing mentalism in a stage/parlour capacity. Stage presence, holding attention, owning the stage and communicating who you are in that environment. I would find things like that fascinating

Also if possible could you explain or at least try to communicate your creative process when developing an idea. Things like "when you know enough is enough" and the routine doesn't need to be developed anymore.

Looking forward to it!
2013 has been a great year and what a way to end it.

Mark
The techniques and mindset required to memorize a shuffled deck of cards in seconds!
Eleven seconds, actually. Yes, I'll talk about the actual method I use- which is slightly different than has appeared in print or on my DVD. And a bit easier, too.
Definitely looking forward to this!

I am personally interested in pros and cons of spec as psychic scenarios
It's going to be a Bob Cassidy Christmas!
[quote]
On 2013-12-21 04:13, jjsanvert wrote:
Great great great! Bob, could you give a demo of introducing some cold readings in one effect, to enhance it? I know everything you will cover will be a gem, anyway...
By the way, could you do a 5 hours lecture please? loool
[/quote]
I second this greatly!

Also, could you share your thoughts on Billet work concepts in general? Tears vs peeks, justifications, psychology .. etc?

Cant wait, this is gonna be awesome. Probably the first time I'll be staying late to post questions :D

- Feras
Yes. Will be doing a lot on billet work.
[quote]

How do you feel about the use of complex electronic devices?

[/quote]
Mr. Cassidy,

I have been using RotWD to great effect......it is one of the finest pieces of deception that I employ. I would be curious if you routine the effect in diffrent ways, i.e. I use it as a dead or alive with multiple envelopes. Perhaps you could discuss this, however I would also be happy if this technique was never discussed again, lol!

Billy
What Looch said and
Preshow
Would be my list

This is great that not only will the legend be lecturing and anything you speak a out will be gold but even more incredible is your allowing us to influence or even directly write the lecture topics

Thank you in advance and thank you for all you have contributed to mentalism! You are an absolute inspiratation of the highest caliber
David-

Thank you. But it's not at all incredible that I'm letting you guys provide a lecture outline.

I'm just lazy. :eek:

But, seriously, I don't want anyone purchasing or coming to the lecture to later say that I didn't cover something they had been hoping for. But I guarantee someone will say that anyway, and others will say I revealed too much. But either way, I can blame it all on you!
If there's time, how about speaking on:

-When someone first learns you're a mindreader, how you handle the inevitable question "What am I thinking right now?"

-How you justify having a person write something down?

-As a reader, how you handle difficult questions....such as when a female client/sitter states she's pregnant, and wishes you to reveal the gender of her child, or if the child will be born with any defects. Or a parent suspects their teenager is using drugs, and they want you to confirm or deny if they are using drugs. Or the sitter wants to know if their spouse/fiancee is cheating on them. Or the sitter wants to know who will win the Super Bowl, and by how many points. Or any other type of difficult/weird question you've encountered during your experiences as a reader.

Thanks in advance!
While I know it is not "in" at the moment in mentalism (which btw is fine with me) I have always loved your blindfolds, and would really like to hear your thoughts on a good blindfold sequence using them, and your thoughts on bf effects today.
Thanks Mindpro. I can talk a bit about blindfolds. Good suggestion.
[quote]
On 2013-12-20 18:30, mastermindreader wrote:
Actually, 4DT has been in print now for over ten years and is on my Mental Miracles DVD. I won't be going into some of the more esoteric refinements, though. Just the basic version.
[/quote]

Where do we get the esoteric refinements?
Bob...there are lots of things I want you to cover.
Look at it this way...most of your target audience (me included) has been in mentalism for a reasonably good time.they have read almost a majority of your books ,maybe not seen all your videos...but most haven't been to your lectures.
I am not looking for effects.
I want to know how I can make 4DT into my effect and not Bob's effect as you have refined your presentation that I have not been able to improve or alter in any way.
Most of all I am looking for your Jazz QA inputs because there has been very little on DVD about it.
And STAGECRAFT an important facet that most Penguin lecturers have not covered.
Things not to do..mistakes one should not make, things that can go wrong......though experience is a good teacher I would rather bank on your experience.
If you are going to do chronologue or card memory and 4DT...it would be a waste as we would not be able to utilise your talents and experience..50(?)yrs.
There are hundreds of things that one needs to know apart from the 'tricks'...please cover those.
One lecture cannot do justice to you.
[quote]
On 2013-12-22 10:33, mindpunisher wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-12-20 18:30, mastermindreader wrote:
[/quote]

Where do we get the esoteric refinements?
[/quote]

LOL- In my "Journey Through the 4th Dimension,"which is also included in the just released "The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy, Volume 2: Fundamentals."
[quote]
On 2013-12-22 10:34, mindshrink wrote:

...If you are going to do chronologue or card memory and 4DT...it would be a waste as we would not be able to utilise your talents and experience..50(?)yrs.

There are hundreds of things that one needs to know apart from the 'tricks'...please cover those.

One lecture cannot do justice to you.
[/quote]

I'll be discussing lots of effects, but those are never what my lectures are really about.

And, no. It's not 50+ years. I turned professional at 22, so it would be 42 years. Don't make me feel older than I already am! :eek:
This is great news, I had Peter Turner, marc spellmann, looch and Patrick redford as my top four favourite penguin lectures but I know bobs will be the best! I also like bong water ;)

Kieran
In yor book "the artful mentalism of bob cassidy volume 2" in the 4th dimension telepathy book you talk about using common names as a reference and something you keep researching as a mentalist, what ghings do you research as a mentalist as well, and what none mentalism books do you recommend that contain usefull knowledge for a mentalist?
I would ask you to bring along Dr. Crow for some HooDoo and maybe Dr. Bob too, but from the list you already have here it will maybe be longer than Richard Osterlind's lecture at Penguin!

Andre
Bob have read some of your thoughts on preparing in advance for 'impromptu' situations and would love to see one of your go-to routines and/or general thoughts along these lines.

Also, thanks for all the Café generosity and time. =)
[quote]
On 2013-12-22 20:18, Andre Hagen wrote:
I would ask you to bring along Dr. Crow for some HooDoo and maybe Dr. Bob too, but from the list you already have here it will maybe be longer than Richard Osterlind's lecture at Penguin!

Andre
[/quote]

Dr. Bob, Dr. Crow and me refuse to appear in the same room with each other. That's why you never see us together. We just don't get along very well.
[quote]
On 2013-12-22 20:18, Andre Hagen wrote:
... from the list you already have here it will maybe be longer than Richard Osterlind's lecture at Penguin!
[/quote]

Osterlind's lecture is nothing next to Peter Turner's! Pete's was so long they had to split it into two files...

And now back to Bob... (incidentally, Bob, given that you've already been referred to as "Dr Bob" in this thread, it might be worth setting the record straight on the differences while the whole world is watching, as many seem to think they (you?) are one and the same).
Message: Posted by: Richard Osterlind (Dec 23, 2013 07:44AM)
I can't wait to see Bob's lecture. Although Bob and I have been friends for over %^&*#& years, I don't think I have ever seen him lecture! Perform,yes - lecture,no.

When I was at the studio, there were a few references made about the length of the lecture, since my first one was so long. I never went in to set any records. I just love the art of mentalism and to talk about it.

I don't know how long a lecture Bob will end up doing, but if it only turned out to be 45 minutes, it will still be worth it! To measure the "quality" of a lecture by its "length" is about the most childish approach I can think of.

Most of you only know Bob from his books - which are wonderful. I know him personally and, trust me, you will want to see him on Penguin Live. The man is a genius and knows more about the art than any 10 other mentalists together. Don't miss this.
Thanks Richard. Very kind of you.

You know what would be fun? We should do an event together. We could lecture, perform, argue, tell stories and sing songs in the longest event of its kind ever recorded. (We could even offer a prize to the person who managed to listen to the whole thing in one sitting!)
Well I'd pay to see it, just for the stories the two of you must have. Sounds like great fun :)

Best
Sean
[quote]
On 2013-12-23 12:16, mastermindreader wrote:

You know what would be fun? We should do an event together. We could lecture, perform, argue, tell stories and sing songs in the longest event of its kind ever recorded. (We could even offer a prize to the person who managed to listen to the whole thing in one sitting!)
[/quote]

I'm in!
You'll both be at Mindvention next year? Need a promoter???
It would be cool to see the two of you debate the positions you give diametrically opposed advice about! Not that anything would likely get resolved (why should it? ) but you are both so passionate it would be engaging and quite a learning experience.
Message: Posted by: Richard Osterlind (Dec 23, 2013 01:49PM)
[quote]

[/quote]

I would absolutely LOVE that, Bob! I think, if people heard us talking things out, they would find there is really very little we disagree on. (Except, of course, about who sings better!)

Maybe we could get Penguin out to Vegas next year at MindVention and pay us really big bucks to do a lecture together! (We both are professionals!)

Take care my friend and I can't wait to see your lecture!

Richard

PS No playing the drums!
Message: Posted by: Richard Osterlind (Dec 23, 2013 01:50PM)
[quote]
On 2013-12-23 13:59, Bill Cushman wrote:
It would be cool to see the two of you debate the positions you give diametrically opposed advice about! Not that anything would likely get resolved (why should it? ) but you are both so passionate it would be engaging and quite a learning experience.
[/quote]

Bob, I think if you heard us together, you would see that what might seem like disagreements are really not that at all when explained with our own points of view.
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (Dec 23, 2013 02:03PM)
No doubt IMO that Stateside, at least, the "dream duo" for a lecture in Mentalism would be Cassidy & Osterlind!

I'd gladly pay my entry fee, irrespective of price.

Robert.
Seal the deal Penguin!
My order is ready

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3907

Bob, extremely cool new avatar! Hope that you can share your exclusive work about biokinetic eyes

Best
Bob,

It would be great to hear what you think about, when is an improvement on an old effect making it better versus just changing the presentation making it your own.
I.E. What do you think makes an effect your own versus being.

A lot of people are just presenting and old idea and changing the presentation. What makes and old effect new again?

Tim
I cannot wait.

Have a ball.

Colin.
[quote]

[/quote]

Make it happen...please!

I've never been able so far to attend Mindvention, but from what I've been told isn't this pretty much what you two do there anyway? Except,of course, with a glass in hand?

That would be one Mindvention or Penguin Lecture I would travel to attend!

Andre
[quote]
On 2013-12-23 20:53, Andre Hagen wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]
... from what I've been told isn't this pretty much what you two do there anyway? Except,of course, with a glass in hand?

[/quote]

Yes, exactly. Except this way we get paid for it!
Although I mock most mentalists,
Dr Bob IS NOT one of them fellas'.

Congratulations on the Worldewide Live Lecture Bob!
I spotted this on my way to work this morning.

[img]http://www.makesweet.com/f/a/f/b/afb833b8-b5f9-4106-8edc-254d1e0b4832.png[/img]

p.s. I shall be watching the free pirated feed from Mexico in my little pueblo.
I'll have a few shots of tequila on your behalf with the local senoritas.
Bob WHO?

Is he any good?

:lol:
[quote]
On 2013-12-24 19:17, Shrubsole wrote:

Bob WHO?

Is he any good?

[/quote]

I understand your confusion. It is Bob Cassidy but his avatar, I believe, has been usurped by his nemesis Dr. Crowe.

I'm sure of it!

Do not stare into those dark eyes for too long if you value your sanity!

Andre
[quote]

[/quote]

MindVention 2014
I can't wait!
I will be driving down to Columbus for this.
I would really like to attend this event in person, if possible.

Does anyone here know how to buy tickets for this live?

Thanks, granterg.
Go to the Papercrane site. There you can sign up to attend the Penguin live lecture in person. Seating is limited so don't wait.

http://www.papercranemagic.com/liveevents.php
Thanks so much for the info Mr. Cassidy.

Best,

granterg
Some points that I'd like to be discussed in your lecture :

- Building rapport
- Building drama
- The art of revealing an information
- Impromptu mentalism
- The logical disconnect
- White Dwarf / RotWD

I would also love to hear your thoughts on Depicting Thoughts/Psychic Slate Test.

Thanks.
Very very excited about this lecture!
I leave for Columbus, Ohio on Saturday morning. So if anyone else has suggestions about what they'd like me to talk about, be sure to post them before I go. (I'll have my computer with me, but I'd like to get most of this in outline form before I leave.)

Good thoughts,

Bob
[quote]
On 2013-12-22 06:54, Mindpro wrote:
While I know it is not "in" at the moment in mentalism (which btw is fine with me) I have always loved your blindfolds, and would really like to hear your thoughts on a good blindfold sequence using them, and your thoughts on bf effects today.
[/quote]

I second this!

Also if you get time as there is so much everyone else is asking for, a couple of incredible stories!

Pete x
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (Dec 27, 2013 05:39AM)
Yes, and if you have time, Bob - perhaps you could "touch on" the audience selection process that you use to get people up on stage. I have read and listened to your thoughts on this before with the Weber seminars you've done, but, maybe you have some new thinking on same.

Thanks,

Robert.
I don't have any suggestions for your lecture, Bob. But I'm going to be doing my best impression of a sponge, and absorb everything you have to say. Really looking forward to this!

- Arthur Stead
Pre-order it, and its only $24 at the moment...

my order is in...
I just signed up. Not sure if I'll be able to watch it live yet. Looking forward to this very much.

Ray
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (Dec 28, 2013 05:15PM)
[quote]
On 2013-12-28 16:13, Ray Bertrand wrote:
I just signed up. Not sure if I'll be able to watch it live yet. Looking forward to this very much.

Ray
[/quote]

The download to the Penguin site will take between 24 -48 hours after the lecture.

I'm sure it will be well worth your wait!
Wow. Bob is one of my favorite people in the Café! This is Epic! I know it's gonna ROCK! :)

Doug
Bob Cassidy's "Mental Miracles" DVD was my first formal introduction to mentalism. So, he's partly to blame for me being here. :)

While other big names may have fled the Café (rightly or wrongly) Bob remained and continues to offer us his sage advice and counsel. He is indisputably the Café's greatest mentalism resource.

You can bet your s**** gimmick that I pre-ordered this Penguin lecture! :D
This was an excellent reason for finally signing up for the penguin aap!
:)
Really looking forward to the lecture, Bob!
Me too.

Have fun, Bob. I know I will.

David
I just signed up for this lecture with Penguin magic.

Does anyone know if they will let me watch it live, or do I have to wait until the lecture is over to view it?

Thanks,

granterg
Usually you'll receive an email with the link to the live-feed right before the lecture starts.
Thank you, really looking forward to seeing this living legend.
Just a few hours before Penguins most magical moment ever...

For the first time a real living legend will be lecturing at Penguin live BOB CASSIDY!!

I wish to see a relaxed Bob without any plans, just going with the flow with what he does best, being a great entertaining show-man! Yes and he has some amazing writing skills but I have read so much of his work and if I can be honest, I just want to see the show-man:) Owning the stage and having fun with some strong mentalism!

But probably he promised too much already to do just that. Either way I will be thrilled to watch the SHOW! It's nice to see a born performer doing what you like best.

THIS WILL BE AMAZING!!!

John
Got to love it!

Bob is now my official hero!

:)
Name & Place routine penguin edition is great!
[quote]
On 2013-12-23 14:49, Richard Osterlind wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

I would absolutely LOVE that, Bob! I think, if people heard us talking things out, they would find there is really very little we disagree on. (Except, of course, about who sings better!)

Maybe we could get Penguin out to Vegas next year at MindVention and pay us really big bucks to do a lecture together! (We both are professionals!)

Take care my friend and I can't wait to see your lecture!

Richard

PS No playing the drums!
[/quote]

Richard, maybe you could get Bob to attend the East Coast Mind Jam in New Jersey in March? It's even in the right state for him. You, Banachek and other greats will already be there, it would be the perfect venue, right in Bob's home state :)
Ahofer, that would be great, but Bob now lives in Seattle.
[quote]
On 2013-12-29 22:14, arthur stead wrote:
Ahofer, that would be great, but Bob now lives in Seattle.

[/quote]

Aw, man... Oh well.
I lost my connection. I hope the end was as good as the beginning. Will have to wait for the video to be posted.
My connection just cut out too. Wha' happen'?
I think that was the end. Dan said it was ending, then CUT, no connection.

The session was fantastic!

Thank you, Bob!
In this lecture, it was amazing to see Dan Harlan and Bob Cassidy together.

It was very entertaining and I really liked listening to the stories.

granterg
Yes, this was just as expected. Fantastic!
Excellent and entertaining lecture. Only 4 hours long. LOL

Ray
Aw, darn. I didn't want it to end. I think we may all wake up with a collective hangover. :cheers:

This was classic! Penguin may have to slap a PG-13 rating on this one. Only Bob Cassidy could get away with taking a leak in the middle of a lecture. :)

I especially liked: the new version of "Name/Place," the idea of using Flashback to segue into MOABT, and the notion of exploiting popular names associated with certain years/decades (If anyone has any good links to a resource on this, please share).

Forgetting about effects, it was great just hearing all those anecdotes!
Bob did a great job and it was indeed great fun to see Bob and Dan together. Essentially, they just recreated, updated, and expanded his classic Mental Miracles DVD. I'll certainly say this lecture is a no-brainer, must-have, if you didn't get it already, but then I must admit to being a bit biased.

[quote]
On 2013-12-30 00:13, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
I especially liked: the new version of "Name/Place,"
[/quote]
I'm surprised that Bob didn't mention this, but an obvious credit of this "new" version is Orville Meyers' Tervil, which can be found in The Jinx.

- Jheff
I came in at 4DT and watched as long as I could before I was pulled away by other demands. I'm watching a replay now and Dan and Bob did great work together. I liked listening to the two of them enact the jam auction while relating it to mentalism. The discussions about the phone book test, the 719 coincidence, and the newly slanted Name/Place routine were entertaining and satisfying. Though I learned some of the material shown from the Mental Miracles DVD I got my money's worth tonight. When I first logged in 4DT was being explained and there was talking over one another, speaking in half-sentences, and it was hard to comprehend what Bob was saying. I was afraid the entire lecture would be like that but it was just those few moments of simultaneous speech; I'd logged in at the wrong time. In the long run it didn't end up hurting the explanation of 4DT at all and the rest of the lecture was smoothly conversational. Loved hearing little secrets and extras that can't be found anywhere else and there were plenty of laugh-out-loud moments. Thanks to Messrs. Cassidy and Harlan and the Penguin production team.
Who was getting on Dan's case via Twitter? I thought he did a pretty great job, considering the challenges of moderating an unscripted, free-form lecture like that.
Great lecture Bob. I enjoyed it from start to finish and it was great fun. Really like the addition to Name/place.

Best
Sean
HOLY MOTHER****! This lecture was too awesome! It was phenomenal how Bob cassidy explained his routines and delivered his thinking on mentalism. Even though most of us on the Café have his works, it is still a joy to watch him perform and lecture.

And I must say, Dan Harlan is so commendable to to be able to inject humor and host a lecture without it being scripted as questions were thrown at him. And not forgetting people here on the Café that posted questions and what not. (: Everyone contributed to this successful lecture and ended 2013 off with a bang! What a great moment this is =D

Hats off to Bob, Dan, Penguin Magic and Papercrane for their venue!

Great job!

Darren
I didn't learn Bob´s avatar secret of biokinetic eyes! , haha

Great insights, all expectations and more fulfill, thanks Bob.

Best
Bob was great! Dan was annoying.
[quote]
On 2013-12-30 02:23, Jheff wrote:
Bob did a great job and it was indeed great fun to see Bob and Dan together. Essentially, they just recreated, updated, and expanded his classic Mental Miracles DVD. I'll certainly say this lecture is a no-brainer, must-have, if you didn't get it already, but then I must admit to being a bit biased.

[quote]
On 2013-12-30 00:13, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
I especially liked: the new version of "Name/Place,"
[/quote]
I'm surprised that Bob didn't mention this, but an obvious credit of this "new" version is Orville Meyers' Tervil, which can be found in The Jinx.

- Jheff
[/quote]

Tervil is one of my favourites from PME and it's a nice idea to incorporate it into name/place. It fits perfectly.

Sean
Thanks for the lecture Mr.Bob
Yes- Meyer would be an obvious credit if I ever wrote that idea up. The fact is that I just came up with the combination and few hours before the lecture and thought close-up performers might find it useful as it does away with the need for the large pad.

That said, I believe there are several effects that have used the basic principle. Meyer may have been one of the first.

Good thoughts,

Bob
"if you don't understand it, then you don't deserve to do it..." - that cracked me up...and oh so true...

a fantastic lecture...i think dan was there to dumb it down for the teenagers who usually only buy one trick dvds...
When is the download expected to be ready? Is it usually a couple of days?
I could access mine this morning...about 12 hours ago...just click the "learn" button, and if your browser has a download app/plug-in, then just click that (that's what I did)...

also - just for bob:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEio4rQDU5A
Message: Posted by: innercirclewannabe (Dec 30, 2013 02:34PM)
Or this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW6ibN9M6gA

Robert.
The Cassidy Lecture is uploaded on the Penguin site
Sitting here now planning, scripting and rewriting my 2014 public shows as I watch Bob's lecture - they already include one Bob.C classic and looking to incorporate another after a cursory glimpsing of this! *** it! ... Legend!

Very grateful for your tremendous contributions to our art Bob!

Happy holidays
A very enjoyable watch. Thank you Mr Cassidy.
Every day I'm seeing things a little clearer
This helped enormously.

steve
The lecture is terrific :)
An absolutely brilliant lecture. I could listen to Bobs stories forever!
Fantastic lecture from a real master! Thanks Bob!
Well I made it back to Seattle just in time to bring in the New Year. And I hope you all have a wonderful one!

Remember- Stay connected and remain mental. :eek:

Bob's New Years Resolution for 2014- Make it to 2015!
This lecture was incedible.

Thanks Bob!

And to all: A happy new year! :)
It was awesome I watched live it was so worth staying up for.

I loved your stories Bob, also the way you portrayed yourself. My favourite line?

You didn't understand? You don't deserve to!

Much love man,

Pete
No point of saying that this is a great lecture....
Everyboddy knows Mr. Cassidy is one of the all time greatest mentalist.
The effects is of caurse some of the best ever created.
But the the stories and insight are the real value here!
Bob drinks rum and coke.
Bob tells dirty jokes and.....
Bob cracks me up!!!
For me the highlight was 'I'm so old I don't give a sh#t'

Bob, you're a genius in so many ways, thanks for sharing.
Excellent stuff from a man who built the mountains that the rest of us are trying to climb.

Best,

Atlas
[quote]
On 2014-01-01 14:13, Funnybaldbloke wrote:
For me the highlight was 'I'm so old I don't give a sh#t'

Bob, you're a genius in so many ways, thanks for sharing.
[/quote]

That line works for me as well! LOL

Ray
Like they say, it's funny because it's true! I can get away with saying and doing a lot of thing in shows, lectures, etc. that I would never have dreamed of years ago.
Enjoyed the lecture Mr Cassidy ,

My sons name is Carlin after George Carlin,

George Carlin became even more crotchety and didn't give a s$@t as he got older and I loved it,

With all due respect, you remind me a little of Mr Carlin,

And I love it.

Thanks for the wisdom Mr Cassidy

Derek
I'm flattered. Carlin was fantastic.
I've watched it several times ( thanks to minumum amount of sleep in the past few days ), while familiar with your writings hence your effects, loved the variations but most importantly, as my only exposure to you performing was from the youtube videos, I finally got to see you not just performing, but also talking and discussing.

That was an eye opener sir, a real treat. Thanks for giving us the chance young guys to witness it. My only negative: While Dan was great, I only wish the audience had experienced mentalists in the crowd ( only one familiar with the Shaxon envelope? really? ).

Now with that Im gonna read stuff again, ***.

- Feras
I loved the joke: "now you know where I get my powers from" after pouring a bacardi-cola.
Loved it. And I'm not even through... I'm a fan.
This really was an incredible lecture. Bob to me is like the Sinatra of Mentalism. Bob does it HIS way, and that is brilliant. He added one element to his Name/Place routine that is worth the lecture alone. But there are many many gems in the lecture that I think many might miss the first time around. Watch it again and again. It's like digging for gold, in a bucket full of gold. Its there if you want it.

And to listen to Bob expressing his colorful language while drinking his joy joy juice, sitting next to a giant stuffed Penguin? Well, that's just priceless!

Thanks for everything you've given us Bob!
"( only one familiar with the Shaxon envelope? really? )."

And that is a GOOD thing!
[quote]
On 2014-01-02 10:22, sbays wrote:
"( only one familiar with the Shaxon envelope? really? )."

And that is a GOOD thing!
[/quote]

Yes. That was my reaction as well.

One guy approached me after the lecture and asked if I'd explain my back palming technique!
[quote]
On 2014-01-03 02:39, mastermindreader wrote:
One guy approached me after the lecture and asked if I'd explain my back palming technique!
[/quote]
!
Haha, where do they get these people from >_<
Just purchased your book today (through another entertainer's credit card as I can't have it show up on my credit card statement). Looking forward to receiving it. Maybe there is a chapter in there on how to back palm. LOL

Ray
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...there is NO other mentalist quite like Bob Cassidy...his style, his persona, his charm...it's truly amazing, and this lecture captures the living legend at his best...it's money well-worth spent!

Regards,
Mike
A great lecture sure to be a classic at Penguin. Thanks Bob for making us laugh and look back at the classics instead of the latest gimmicks. I am reading Best of Mental Wise, and Psycho Gizmo for new ideas.
Not to be redundant, but I've got to chime in with everyone else. Absolutely wonderful lecture. I have practically everything you've produced and even though I've seen or read about most of this material before, it's still extremely helpful to see it again. Watching you do such a flawless 4DT, no matter how many times I've seen it (at the Castle, on the web or on DVD), I still learn something new (on so many levels). My only problem is purely selfish...I hate the fact that everyone who downloads this lecture for a criminally low price will see that routine.
I agree. Great seeing Bob in his well-deserved status sharing with us. The one ting I enjoyed about the lecture, as Mr. Mindbender touched on, was it was so refreshing to see a experienced, mature perspective on mentalism. I enjoyed the same from Osterlind. I mean this in the sense that most seasoned performers have their core act, their staple, as opposed to the younger generation of mentalists that are always seeking, buying and on the search for the latest and greatest new things to come out hoping for the holy grail.

Bob shows that once you have a time-tested, proven act or act(s), it's very rare to add something completely new, but more so to progress and evolve your existing material.

Great job Bob!
I just watched the lecture. No "new effect" here, but sooooo many "tips", variations, and the soooo clever constructions and presentations of the effects. And, most important, the "whys".
If Bob Cassidy was going to do exactly the same lecture, I would buy it again, as it is so helpful to watch him perform - and just to listen to him.
A lot of "stories" from the past also, always very interesting. The 719 test was just hilarious.
And also: no electronics, no impression device. Just some pieces of paper, and genious constructions. As an example, I know 4th dimention telepathy by heart, performed it on stage, and still was fooled at one time during the routine (during the "one-ahead" management). Just great.
If you don't know anything about Bob Cassidy's work, you will be fooled and delighted. Same if you know his work. Bottom line: GET THIS.
It's a wonderful lecture. I'm a big fan of Bob for years, so I was already familiar with his work and thinking.
If you search new routines or the last gimmick, it's NOT for you because his core act is time-tested and don't have (need) changed very much, so you certainly have read or seen it yet.
BUT, Bob is a living legend and it's always interesting and fascinating to see a master performing and refining his existing work. Bob gives a lot of great tips and, above all, he explains the whys and wherefores.
JJ Sanvert,

I was thinking similar things. How much entertainment and mystery was wrought just with a deck of cards and paper and pencil.

Bobby
I know for a fact how much a memory routine can do. It has gotten me my first spontaneous applaus when the last card was named. I don`t use Mr. Cassidy`s but every memory routine should work. I don`t like to be to magicy and rely on peeks to do a pseudo memory routine so I memorised a complete deck in 1 hour and use that one. Although after seeing mr. cassidy`s routine I saw how it must be performed and mine is real close to that one.
Although I've watched MENTAL MIRACLES dozens of times, there was enormous value in seeing the ways some of Bob's material has changed over the years -- and how some of it has not had any reason to change. And it should go without saying that the extemporaneous (or seemingly so) dialogues between Dan and Bob contained a vast amount of wisdom and fodder for thought.

4DT is the single most exquisitely choreographed bit of chicanery I've ever seen. When and if I finally perform it, I'm committed to doing it justice.

One question, Bob, if you're still tracking the thread. In the discussion of 4DT (after your performance), you did something I'd not seen you do before: after talking about the sequence of having the first spectator place her billet in the S***** f*** envelope, you visibly removed it from the stack *prior* to having her lick it.

Do you ever actually perform it that way?

Best regards,
Josh
No. Josh, I don't. She licks it and THEN I remove it from the stack, just as in the actual performance. Have no idea why I showed it that way in the explanation phase.

Glad to see you picked up on the "seemingly extemporaneous" exchanges between Dan and I. I knew exactly what I wanted to cover and what I was going to say throughout the lecture, but I didn't bother telling Dan because that would have taken the apparent spontaneity out of it. I always use that technique in interviews and moderated lectures. It works well but it often drives the moderators crazy.

But I want to thank everyone here at the Café who offered suggestions about what I should talk about. Many of you wanted stories and theory and I gave a lot of that. Funny enough, the one negative review I got complained that there were too many stories, too much theory, and not enough "new tricks." The guy obviously missed the point of the entire lecture. If there is one thing mentalism is about, it's NOT new tricks.

Good thoughts,

Bob
The only thing I don't like about 4DT is a different slant on the too perfect theory, Bobs performance is too perfect, anything I do to make it my own is going to dilute it into a lesser effect than when Bob performs it (well few of us are Bob, well just one of us really). Generally when making an effect my own I want to make it better in some way, not necessarily better than the original, but better for me in a way that, at least in my own mind, does not lessen the effect but simply makes the performance unique to me. Watching Bob perform 4DT is similar to watching Marc Salem perform sneak thief or Derren Brown perform which hand, you can't improve on perfection and so how can I possibly perform this effect without copying Bob and not feel that I'm performing a lesser version. Fantastic lecture though, a real masterclass full of wisdom and humour.

Mark
I personally love Bob, if it wasn't for him and his performance and thinking I would not be "trying" the things I try today!

For the first time(when watching any performer) I felt relaxed, like we were just a couple of guys over a beer. Most people miss this, Bob knows his sh*t and is sooo cool with it.

There is a lot to learn from Bob's stories, I am nobody, but if I was to revere just two people in the entire world it would be Bob and Kenton. I love them both so much that I call Kenton Papa Kenton and Bob Uncle Bob!

Thanks for everything,

Pete x
Pete-

You make a fine nephew!

I've got lots of great stories, but I try to only tell the ones that actually have a point relating to mentalism. (I've hidden some of my best secrets in jokes and seemingly pointless stories.)

Uncle Bob
Fancy a "Coffee" sometime Bob? ;)

Cheers
Art
I'm having a cup right now!
I have always said that you, Bob, are like the Vernon of mentalism. You are creative, friendly, intelligent and a natural raconteur.

Oddly, I was saying this just yesterday when I was hanging out with "mikedyne"
LOL! Say hi to him for me!
I will.
Bob, I really love your name / place routine. The only thing I find myself up against is that when I perform in more casual settings sometimes the burning of the billet isn't possible. I know deep down that I should maybe look at more suitable routines for the situation than compromise such a great piece but like I say I really do love everything about name / place so I thought I would ask if you had any ideas other than burning the billet. The s***ch isn't so much a problem but I know the complete destruction of the billet is integral to the effect so I have struggled to find an alternative! Cheers!!
[quote]
On 2014-01-17 06:07, TheGingerWizard wrote:
Bob, I really love your name / place routine. The only thing I find myself up against is that when I perform in more casual settings sometimes the burning of the billet isn't possible. I know deep down that I should maybe look at more suitable routines for the situation than compromise such a great piece but like I say I really do love everything about name / place so I thought I would ask if you had any ideas other than burning the billet. The s***ch isn't so much a problem but I know the complete destruction of the billet is integral to the effect so I have struggled to find an alternative! Cheers!!
[/quote]

Just do a center tear
I have thought about that quite a bit, but for some reason it just doesn't sit well with me. I will revisit the idea though, thanks! I also tried out a Looch idea from his drawing dupe in SAD where you put the billet in a place that would be hard to retrieve (if you have SAD or his penguin lecture you will know what I mean) but it doesn't seem to have the same impact then.
After talking about it here, I've realised there is not much else you can do really!! I'm just going to burn it, if I get any complaints they can swivel, it's more than worth it :)
Or just tear it into peaces and put them in your pocket for example, like in other variations..
If I was going down that route I would probably pre scribble on the d***y do the s***ch and have someone else tear it. The reason I don't want to do the centre tear is I get magicians guilt that the participants will think I see something whilst tearing. It's the reason I don't do centre tears I communicate what I'm doing. Not a problem with the technique, just with me. I've never got on with it. I would probably have that same problem if I was tearing it for real without the p**k.
I must admit that the use of the lighter does have so much going for it that it's better to do and be ***ed (Rhymes with spammed - Silly Nanny filtering something that isn't a swear word anywhere outside of America) than not to do it.

It's use is very cunning and natural and the added theatrics of flame and totality of destruction makes it a winner in every way in my book. And let's be realistic, it's one small piece of paper, not a Cuban Cigar that you are lighting up, so doesn't come under any smoking ban law that I know of. Just make sure you have brought your own receptacle to put the ashes/burning paper in as using anything owned by the establishment just gives them one more reason to complain.

So I either do it complete with the burn and don't bother asking or if for any other reason I can't burn it, I don't do it.
That is exactly how I have settled on it! :)
While I appreciate masking with asterisks words like "s***ch" and "p**k", it doesn't take a genius lurker to decode those words. Since we're outside Inner Thoughts (why are we?), I'll talk about what the audience sees when I use an alternative to burning.

I want them to be sure their message is gone, so in informal settings I tear it up into little pieces and deposit them into an open soda can. The pieces could hardly be retrieved even if I wanted to (in his lecture Bob covered a funny way to get rid of the pieces which I also have used several times). During a formal performance I either burn the paper or put the torn pieces into my left jacket pocket as dan the man wrote above.
"s***ch" and "p**k"

Scratch and Pork? Is that really the secret behind this?

Shhh! :)
I've discussed alternatives many times here on the Café and in my writings. But I'd rather such discussions take place in Inner Thoughts.

(Note, though, that a CT defeats one of the primary features of the routine.)
My bad, consider me told :)
The lecture was awesome! And I don't use that word lightly, lol.

The only thing I've seen remotely like it is An Evening With Doc Shiels, which I picked up in Michigan over the holidays and watched a couple of days ago. Not in terms of content (as no effects are taught) but in terms of style. Doc is drinking, smoking and cursing while he shares fascinating stories from his career. Sound familiar?

Bob, I suspect you have seen this. If so, care to comment?
No. I haven't seen it. But it sounds like Doc and I should get together sometime.
My alternative handling (not using fire) for Name/Place are described in detail in my "The Return of the White Dwarf (and other Names and Places)"
I have not seen the lecture and am not familiar with the routine, but if your question is how to get rid of a b****** clean, why not drop it down the old hatch. Mouth... that is. ;)
Well if you want to downgrade strong mentalism to a comedy routine, yes, you could do that.
Bob, I was a bit unclear what the reasoning was for dealing the cards face-up in the Koran effect. I understand that you CAN get away with it, but am not sure why you prefer it. Is it to simplify the method slightly, or do you think the effect is stronger that way?
Doc-

The effect is, IMO, much stronger when the cards are dealt face-up. I've actually had mentalists who should know better ask me afterwards how it was possible to do the effect that way.

I don't want to get into a detailed explanation of my reasoning, though, here in the Penny forum, as it is publicly searchable. If you'd like to ask in Inner Thoughts, I'll be happy to respond.

Best-

Bob
Bob, posted this on Penguin. Want to reach out and say thanks for all you've contributed to the art.

All I can say is Bob Cassidy is THE MAN! What more could you ask for. You have a guy who's been doing this in the real world since he was a kid. Loves what he does. He's a great thinker who is constantly tweaking his ideas and presentations. What an explosive combination... and it's all handed to you on a silver platter. If you're serious, you'll want to study the S%#T out of ALL OF HIS STUFF! (I just ordered artful mentalism 2 and can't wait to dig in) Do yourself a favor and watch the Card Memory performance on the mental miracles dvd. Sit at your computer and write out the script for the whole routine. The years of refinement should then be made very apparent. Then, using the dynamics you witnessed in his performance as a roadmap, make it your own.

Bob, you ROCK brother! Much respect.

Bobby

P.S. You remind be to a "T" of one of my buddies from the neighborhood growing up back in Boston.
Thanks, Bobby. I'm happy that you've found my material useful.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Loved the lecture,

In regards to the Th*mb Writ*r I did a search for "dunlop nickel banjo finger pick" and many sorts and sizes came up.
I have a reg. sized thumb, is it asking too much for a reference to the right type of finger pick? :)

Any tips would be appreciated, I'm running a bit low on moolah right now otherwise I would go ahead and get "THE RESURRECTION OF DR. CROW"
Get these. You can use four of them for NWs and give the thumb pick to a musician friend.

http://www.amazon.com/Jim-Dunlop-33P018-Nickel-Thumbpicks/dp/B000GEAR08

The metal is malleable and is easily bent to fit any size thumb.
Thanks Bob, would you mind also mentioning what you use as an islet for the listo led? I believe you were about to but then lost your train of thought :)

Thanks
PMd you. I'd rather not discuss this in this public area of the Café.

Best-

Bob
Bob,

Just got a chance to watch the lecture, great as usual. I found the conversational
approach with Dan to be most informative and entertaining.

Hopefully they will have you back, perhaps to do a 5 hour session on Q&A,
and perhaps an In depth on that back palm, lol

I'll spring for the sugar water :)

Renz
What sugar water? :eek:

Thanks Renz.

Bob
My sugar water would be Jack Daniels , lol

I also picked up Artful 2, going to start it this week
Just finished the lecture (a little late to the party) and wanted to chime in with how fantastic a video this really is. As mentioned above the routines are incredible and will fry everyone who watches them. But that is not the real beauty here. It is the conversational moments between the effects. They teach more about the performance of really strong mentalism than just watching the routines does. Dan and Bob do such a great job of breaking down the reasoning behind why you do what you do rather than just what you do and that is where the real magic is. Bob clearly has worked this stuff to a point where he could do it in his sleep which makes the presentation even stronger because he can concentrate on selling every moment. It's a shame I'm unlikely to get to see bob perform live living all the way over in the uk but with this video you get the very best of it to watch again and again. It should become a must watch for anyone who wants to add moments of real astonishment to there work and whilst the material may not be suitable for magicians the thinking behind the effects would benefit any performer of the mystery arts.

Can't wait to get some of this thinking into my own material.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth.
Bob's Lecture was amazing.
In my opinion one of the best Lecture from Penguin.
Finally got around to watching the lecture and really enjoyed it.

I remember when I was first exposed to Bob Cassidy and Harry Lorayne about 15 years ago when I was first starting out in magic (and long before I got into mentalism). I'll be honest, I was young, didn't know anything (don't know much more now), and I didn't care for them too much. Being a guy from the midwest, I thought these east coast guys came off as a little arrogant or cocky. Luckily I was smart enough to keep these thoughts to myself, and I eventually just listened to what they had to say and teach. The knowledge and insight they had (have) is so vast. Not only do they have great tricks but the thinking behind the tricks is what I came to appreciate more. How to present yourself and more importantly how to entertain the audience. The respect and accolades they have received over the years is there for a reason. Why I thought that about them back then, I have no idea, I was dumb and naive. But to this day they have become two of my favorite performers, watching them entertain is truly something. The reason I also bring up Harry Lorayne with Bob Cassidy is because I see a lot of similarities, and I'll touch on those in a minute. But anyways, the lecture.

I knew beforehand that the lecture was going to be special. It would be more about how and why we do the things we do, not just the tricks themselves. Looking over at my bookshelf, I've got plenty of books and DVDs, enough 'tricks' to last several lifetimes, but to learn more about how to be a better entertainer is what I was really excited about. That and I knew there would be some great stories. I really love listening to the stories. :) Bob shares a story about how he first started out in magic and card manipulations and fan and split fan productions. Then he goes on to show his back palm! A good one at that! Sitting there smiling, I just shook my head. I identified because I also started in card manipulations. And while I don't practice it as much anymore, I still have a great fondness for it (thank you, Jeff McBride!).

Even though I tuned in for his thinking, the effects he did were awesome. Many of them from his Art of Mentalism 2. And the scripting, little nuances, how he picks out "volunteers", this stuff is [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0qm0KUPeD8]gold, Jerry! Gold!"[/url].

Bob also touches on his [url=http://www.lybrary.com/thirtynine-steps-mentalism-a-10.html]favorite books[/url]. It would be great to hear some honorable mentions that have come up since then (since he can't really change the list due to the play on 'thirty-nine'). Pete McCabe's Scripting Magic and Ken Weber's Maximum Entertainment are two that I would rank right up there. My main point being that it is fascinating hearing these great minds give their thoughts on other recommended works. Hearing Bob talk about Henry Hay's Amateur Magician's Handbook and how he couldn't sell it when working in a magic shop.. another great listen.

I also learned about Hans Moretti:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH-PFecys6Y]Hans Moretti Cardboard box illusion[/url]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUWaeU1y_rM]The Crossbow (1995) - Hans & Helga Moretti[/url]

And how Bob worked under him as an assistant. I am still in awe when watching the videos. I never really liked stage illusions. Those are the exceptions.

I could go on and on with the gems in this lecture, I won't but I have to mention Bob's card memory routine. This is something near and dear to my heart since I am in the process of learning to memorize a deck of cards with a goal to do it in under a minute. I've been training my memory (thank you, Harry Lorayne!), and this routine by Bob really resonated with me because like he and Harry Lorayne, I like to incorporate actual mnemonic techniques into my act. I find the topic fascinating. The way Bob is able to take a card memory demonstration, and make it entertaining while keeping a good pace, etc. It is a work of art.

Can't stress it enough, this is a great lecture, can't wait until Richard Osterlind (the awesome guy who kindled my interest in mentalism) and Bob Cassidy get together for another lecture. If they only told stories and gave their thoughts on mentalism I will die a happy man.
Please don't die after you watch our lecture. (And I hope we don't die while doing it.)

Funny you should mention Harry. He was (and is) one of my favorite performers ever since I first saw him on the Ed Sullivan show many decades ago.

But thank you for the nice comments and I'm glad you enjoyed my lecture.

Good thoughts,

Bob