(Close Window)
Topic: Anthony Blake - The interview
Hi guys,

This is Javier Noriega, amateur mentalist and hypnotist from Spain. I’m 37 years old and I’ve been studying (and doing) magic and mentalism for 22 years now. Long time reader here in the Café, although I don’t write too much (English is not my mother tongue…).

I work as a financial reporter and, recently, I started to interview some of the most interesting pro magicians in Spain.

Here you can find my latest interview: Anthony Blake (http://eltaumaturgo.com/blog/?p=1256). Member of the PEA, he received the Dunninger Memorial Award in 2003.

The interview is written in Spanish (sorry guys!), but there he speaks about his latest show in Madrid, his magic philosophy and influences (Ascanio, Dunninger, Juan Tamariz and his friend the late Juan Antón), how he uses DR in his shows, the way he studies with books and DVDs, his thoughts on planned failures in mentalism or on magic TV talent shows, Dynamo, Criss Angel and alike…

Please, feel free to ask.

I hope you enjoy it.

Best regards,

Javi Noriega

PS: Sorry but I'm not able to fix the link. You should copy & paste...
Thanks for posting this Javi. I still haven't seen Blake, hopefully next time he is In Barna
I've always felt that my good friend Anthony Blake ranks among the finest mentalists in the world. I always enjoy it when we meet up.

He's a well-known personality in Spain and I wish that we'd see more of him over here. If you have a chance to see him, take it.