(Close Window)
Topic: Regular protea deck
Where can I get a regular protea deck here in Florida?
Do you mean their 333 deck (used for 'Phil?')

e
No ... the regular one ... I want to end clean but they were out last time I contacted them overseas ... Is there a dealer here?

Posted: Jan 6, 2014 12:01 am
No one?
Not that I'm aware of. I contacted the company in South Africa a couple of years back in an effort to order a large quantity of their decks.
They were remarkably indifferent (I'm being polite).

I have an alternative for you that may work.
I'll PM you to keep this 'off the air.'

e
Why not use Phoenix?
Message: Posted by: MentalistCreationLab (Jan 6, 2014 10:41AM)
Dave are you talking about the orginial Phoenix deck that was offered through Haines House of Cards during the 1950s and 1960s or a newer version? I Asked Haines to make me up one of the early style which they did only because they still had the orginial instructions in the archive. I was also the first person to buy one in 25 years.

Slim, Haines is in Norwood, Ohio give them a call they may be able to help. They are around the corner from US Playing Card. While Ronald Haines is no longer with us his wife Betty still can make special decks up by request. Many may not know that they were the ones who made Fox Lake and supplied much of the card magic to the industry at one point before the advent of the net. There website is week at best and since its an old school magic shop you will need to call them. There phone can be found on line. I had a couple of other specail old decks made up that were designed by Hall Haines has the rights to make that have not been seen in decades. You just got to ask. Also the cost at that time a few years ago was about 20 to 25 per deck and well worth it. Just do not do what I did and forget where you put them or use them to make another deck special deck thinking that the pop eyed popper was just a regular deck. Did that a couple of times.
Hi guys,

Did anybody find a source for the Protea 333 decks?

Thank you
Just out of curiosity, what's so special about these decks?
[quote]On May 29, 2014, MatthewSims wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what's so special about these decks? [/quote]

A good question to ask in Inner Thoughts.
I just want to be clean at the end .... PM me matthew and I'll PHIL you in ... :dancing: :bigdance: :bigdance: :band:
[quote]On May 30, 2014, Slim King wrote:
I just want to be clean at the end .... PM me matthew and I'll PHIL you in ... :dancing: :bigdance: :bigdance: :band: [/quote]

Order the Phoenix DD - far superior to Protea in every respect (104 reasons as a matter of fact)

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=20&lang=en&detail=true&Category=7&ArtID=142

PM me Slim if you have questions.
One can buy regular Protea decks from the manufacturer at about $1.00 US per deck. Minumum order is 50 decks. (Shipping additional.)
You can order them here,
http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/acatalog/Protea_Playing_Cards.html
OK ... Anyone want to go in on 50 with me? :wavey:
I just want to know the reason you don't want to get a regular and Dd Phoenix :)
Me too - makes little sense but what do I know lol???

With Phoenix you get 104 cards that are th****r and better made with a complete deck with zero limitations. Protea not so much.

Oh well - go buy 50 decks then and you could always give 'em away for the holidays.
:)
I already have four separate routines set up using these decks. It's Basically the only card stuff I do in Mentalism. It would easily be worth $50 to end clean on these four effects. I try to always end clean and allow the audience the opportunity to handle anything they wish.
:firedevil:
This might be worth the effort if others were interested in the regular decks. With shipping from Africa... plus shipping to those interested, the price would probably hit about $4.00 a deck. Then again, I got shafted by at least one Café member (no one in this thread) who asked me to buy some lectture notes, then never replied to my PMs after I paid for the notes. It's a rather tricky thing, dealing with folks on the net. If one bought some blank-faced decks as well, they could be used quite well in corporate or trade show work. Just thinking out loud.
Well ... $200 is a bit different than $50... so I guess I'll just buy one at a time. :birthday:
I still don't get it...

If it's worth $50 to you to end clean:
You can get 4 reg. poker decks for $12
and 2 DD Poker-sized decks for $50.

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=65&lang=en&shop=true&Category=10
Habit I think.

Get the Phoenix DD's Slim - you will thank me and dmoses in the end - promise!
OK ... I'll check into it ... There is a few hours of set up that I'll have to re-do...
Thanks again!!!!! :dancing:
[quote]On Jun 4, 2014, Slim King wrote:
OK ... I'll check into it ... There is a few hours of set up that I'll have to re-do...
Thanks again!!!!! :dancing: [/quote]

If you use Sharpie on the cards - separate them and let them dry thoroughly for awhile before boxing.
Yes .. I was worried about that ..Thanks!!!!
I found that sharpie bleeds through on the DD cards - have other's not found this to be true?
That was my main worry...
Nope. No problem at all.

I suggest you contact Christian (Cardshark) directly if you have questions but I've made quite a few DD's with an extra thick point sharpie and have never had bleed.

Christian might suggest a certain brand but I've always used Sharpies. I know Robert and others here at he Café have used sharpies.

Use the thick chisel point pen so you get good legibility with a single stroke. Then separate and let thoroughly dry for a few hours.

I've created Phil, Duality, and pop eyed poppers with these decks and never an issue.
Slim- check out this link to answer your question:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=552235&forum=203
For everybody who wants to understand the Phoenix Decks system with all variations (including the Double Deckers), check out www.release-the-power.com.

And for all who already know about the strength of the Double Deckers: how about telling you that we have much more than just the decks that you can find on our website?

We produced Double Deckers in:
blank faces - red or blue backs
regular faces - blank backs
both sides blank
double facers in two variations (identical sides or indifferent sides)
double backers in all combinations

So nothing really is impossible, right? Just get in touch with me if you need a certain custom made Double Decker.
Did you make the tarot cards I have? I think so!!! :bat:
Dave - I can get these at any stationery shop for you. They are South African made and available all over the place!
I just need 4 regular decks... no hurry on shipping.
Okay let me see how much it'll work out at and get back to you 😉
Thanks!!! I appreciate it ..wish they sold them here...
[quote]On Jun 5, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Did you make the tarot cards I have? I think so!!! :bat: [/quote]
Yes, I also did the Tarot cards.

Btw, I even have antique Double Deckers. Would be interested in how you want to use them.
I love the look and feel of the tarot decks I have ... I'm just too busy to use them. Look for Jake Blues(me) on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon ..probably Monday!!!! :dancing: :bigdance: :bigdance: :band: :dancing:
[quote]On Jun 11, 2014, Slim King wrote:
I love the look and feel of the tarot decks I have ... I'm just too busy to use them. Look for Jake Blues(me) on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon ..probably Monday!!!! :dancing: :bigdance: :bigdance: :band: :dancing: [/quote]

Awesome!

Will do. Congrats to you on that big gig.