(Close Window)
Topic: Mind Summit, a new mentalism convention announced for Europe.
The first [url=http://www.mind-summit.net]Mind Summit[/url] mentalism convention, will take place from June 8-10th, 2014 in Cologne, Germany.

The global boom in mentalism has been taking place for a number of years. Many magicians are now using and incorporating mentalism effects into their performances. Many others are seeking the right information on how they can add mentalism effects to their own shows. The Mind Summit will cater to anyone from novice to expert who has an interest in the field of mentalism.

The convention organizers are; Danny Archer from the US, who was the founder and one of the producers of MINDvention, the longest running public mentalism convention in the world, and Thomas Heine and Rainer Mees, from Germany who have extensive credentials in the world of mentalism as both creators, manufacturers and performers and they are the founders of Paralabs. These three bring years and years of mentalism and convention experience to the table.

The convention will take place at the beautiful Hotel Dorint (An der Messe Köln), Deutz-Mülheimer Str. 22-24, in Cologne (Köln), Germany.

Cologne is Germany’s fourth largest city and the river Rhine runs right through the city. The venue is less than a ten minute ride from the Cologne/Bonn International Airport and there is a train station meters from the hotel’s front door. The hotel has all the modern features and amenities that will make it a most enjoyable convention for the attendees. The hotel rooms are spacious and modern and the venue has all the ambience and technical requirements needed to host a first rate convention. Surrounding the hotel are a number of other hotels as well as many Cafés and restaurants.

We are very pleased to announce two of our headliners. From American, a seasoned performer and a revered teacher that anyone interested in mentalism will know, Richard Osterlind. Richard has been a top corporate performer for over 40 years. He has traveled around the world entertaining presidents, heads of state, foreign dignitaries, CEO executives, sports figures, newscasters and audiences from every walk of life. In addition to performing and lecturing at the Summit, Richard will also be offering a full day Masterclass.

Are second headliner is Peter Turner from the UK. When trying to describe the impact that Peter Turner is making on modern mentalism, Bob Cassidy said it best.

"Peter is at the forefront of a new generation of mentalists to whom, in a very real sense, the torch has been passed. When you've tried Peter's material, I'm sure you'll agree that the torch is in the right hands" - Bob Cassidy

In addition to the convention, the producers will also be organizing Master Classes with some of the featured presenters (Osterlind and Turner will both be offering additional classes and instruction). These Master Classes will be limited in size and will take place either before or after the Summit. Details to be announced.

Registration for the convention will be 425 euros and there will be an early sign-up until March 8th for only 400 euros. The price includes convention registration as well as lunch for two days as well as coffee, cakes and drinks during the day.

The producers are excited to be able to introduce and present such an event in Europe, and we are looking forward to an informative and entertaining convention and we hope that you will be able to join us.

Friend Mind Summit on Facebook.

Danny Archer danny@dannyarcher.com
Thomas Heine heine@paralabs.org
Rainer Mees mees@paralabs.org
Does that price include accommidation?
[quote]
On 2014-01-05 17:27, aukt wrote:
Does that price include accommidation?
[/quote]

from the OP:

" The price includes convention registration as well as lunch for two days as well as coffee, cakes and drinks during the day."
Ah sorry I missed that. I thought, given the price is double that of mindvention, that maybe it included accommodation.

Looks like a great opportunity for Europeans.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jan 5, 2014 04:49PM)
I'll be there!

Christopher
Heyyy right in the neighborhood!
Very good news!!
That's pretty cool and only an hour drive from where I live. I'll try to attend.

For all foreigners: Cologne is one of Germanys most beautiful citys with a lot of nice bars to spend the evenings with fellow mentalists. It's a very good choice for a convention location.
Message: Posted by: edgar allan holmes (Jan 5, 2014 04:57PM)
HI really interested in this but I've just two hopefully quick questions

are those dates a Sun, Mon and Tues?

And kind of on the back of that are day tickets going to be made available?
Most computers and laptops have a time on the bottom right of their screen - if you click that, you get a little calendar showing...
Message: Posted by: edgar allan holmes (Jan 6, 2014 02:07AM)
[quote]
On 2014-01-05 18:01, IAIN wrote:
Most computers and laptops have a time on the bottom right of their screen - if you click that, you get a little calendar showing...
[/quote]

was that an attempt at humour?

sorry to ask but I'm not a f****** mindreader!

anyway day tickets?
It WAS pretty funny, Edgar. :)
[quote]
On 2014-01-06 03:07, edgar allan olmes wrote:
[quote]
On 2014-01-05 18:01, IAIN wrote:
[/quote]

was that an attempt at humour?

sorry to ask but I'm not a f****** mindreader!

anyway day tickets?
[/quote]

it wasn't actually - it was trying to help you become slightly more self-sufficient! I was helping you spot where your calendar is on the machine you are already using - so you don't need to ask a question like that, you can find out for yourself very easily!
Hey Edgar,
day tickets will be available and as soon as we figure things out we will let you know as well as post on the website.
The year is young but I know that this will be the highlight of the year!!! (:
I'm looking forward to this great event! :)
Sad there isn't many mentalism conventions in Asia.

Or...?

M
Hi Edgar,
those dates are Sun-Tue... and day tickets will be available I am sure (just don't have the details yet). D
Aukt wrote; “I thought, given the price is double that of mindvention, that maybe it included accommodation.”

Nope that’s just what we pay for stuff in Europe. By comparison virtually everything is way more expensive over here.

You guys just don’t know how good you have it. :)
[quote]
On 2014-01-06 18:58, Sealegs wrote:
Aukt wrote; “I thought, given the price is double that of mindvention, that maybe it included accommodation.”

Nope that’s just what we pay for stuff in Europe. By comparison virtually everything is way more expensive over here.

[/quote]

He is so right, I'd shop everything in the states if shipping would cost less :)
[quote]

[/quote]

You're not joking. I spent a month throughout Europe recently, and gasoline is approaching the equivalent of $8 US/ gallon. Yikes! That explains why there are so many tiny cars over there. Wondering when the US will follow suit.
[quote]
On 2014-01-06 19:53, Jumbopenny wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

You're not joking. I spent a month throughout Europe recently, and gasoline is approaching the equivalent of $8 US/ gallon. Yikes! That explains why there are so many tiny cars over there. Wondering when the US will follow suit.
[/quote]

Well, I've done the maths on the registration fee, the hotel, and the flight, and it's virtually the same price for me to fly from the uk to vegas for mindvention as it is for me to go to this one on my doorstep, so I think I'll choose the desert this time around.
Sounds great, If this is an annual thing, maybe it could rotate around different countries in Europe :)
Starting off with Ireland next year !!
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your interest in this event! We're really looking forward to it and are absolutely excited about the presenters that will lecture.

As for the costs: we're currently in further negotiations with the event location because we found a way that we don't have to rent the event technology from the hotel. Bringing all sound, lighting and projector technology on our own could reduce the room rental noticeable ... and we could redirect the savings achieved to the registration fees (all those who already registered could expect a partial refund obviously).
Within the next two days we'll know details - but we're full of confidence! :)

Stay tuned!

[quote]On 2014-01-07 13:27, seamagu wrote:
Sounds great, If this is an annual thing, maybe it could rotate around different countries in Europe :)
Starting off with Ireland next year !![/quote]
Yes, we intend to make this an annual event. But as it is an All-European convention we tried to locate it as near to Europe's centre as possible for all interested attendees.
So if you take a map of Europe and search for its centre, ... you will find that Cologne is pretty near by! ;)

[img]http://www.imedpro.de/images/europaOff.gif[/img]

Cheers
Th.
Cologne is an awesome city. Spent 4 months there while working in Germany on the Geller show. Easy access to so many other areas too.
Good News! As Thomas mentioned we were able to do better with the hotel and registration prices for [url=http://www.mind-summit.net]Mind Summit[/url] are as follows...

Convention Reg 385 euros
register before March 8 for only $350 Euros

Remember that registration includes lunch and coffee/soda/snacks for Mon & Tue.

[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/564170350333766/]Mind Summit on Facebook[/url]
With the original pricing - wasn't there a $50 gap between the earlybird and the later registration? Or am I remembering wrong?
Price goes down, discount goes down. Makes perfect sense.
I think it's awesome that the people organizing this are giving discounts they are getting from the hotel back to their customers and not increasing their winnings.
[quote]
On 2014-01-08 15:56, aukt wrote:
With the original pricing - wasn't there a $50 gap between the earlybird and the later registration? Or am I remembering wrong?
[/quote]

Original pricing was 425 euro... early registration 400 euros... 25 euro gap
My error danny sorry. looks great.
Wow that sounds really great.
Thank you for the discount. :)
Will there be translation from English to German? I honestly hope not. I guess everyone in mentalism has sufficient knowledge of English. A lot gets lost in translation anyway... not only information but also time. It would be nice to get two hours worth of information in a two hour lecture.
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Jan 10, 2014 02:13AM)
[quote]On 2014-01-10 02:58, Bartelli wrote:
Will there be translation from English to German?[/quote]
No. Even if hosted in Germany this is an international convention and the common language is English.
Some of those potentially interested may regret this; but as you stated correctly the disadvantages of a translation procedure outweigh from our point of view. So all lectures, workshops, panel talks and discussions as well as the shows will be in English language only without translation.

Cheers
Th.
Great! Count me in.
You're in!
Pleased to announce that Pete Poskiparta (aka Peter Burnside) will be presenting at the Summit. Peter has performed as a professional mentalist for over 15 years. He is one of the most sought-after performers for corporate events in Finland and scandinavian countries. As a performer, he is charismatic,and he really knows how to captivate his audience, whether big or small, domestic or international.

Peter has done over 70 episodes of mentalism for radio but his career on the radio, however, extends far beyond this, starting at the end of the 1990s when he worked on the radio as a sports commentator and to hosting other radio programs. He really knows how radio works and what kind of material works on radio and why. How to get the best out of your radio performances? Peter will tell you Top 10 tips for radiomentalism.
Had a chat with Danny yesterday. What a great convention this will be. The "names" he has lined up already are fantastic. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks Joe... looking forward to when we can get you to present...
Is there going to be a.... "Marketplace" with different items, books? :)

- John
*of topic*

Are mentalists heads that heavy, they have to be supported?

Have a look at the avatars of Stephen Young, Danny Archer and John Linden...

Couldn't resist...

*Back on topic*
No, at least not all, Thomas seems to be o. k. ... :) Jan
Well Jan's is light enough that doesn't need to hold on to his.
However he has cheated somewhat by spreading the load over two identical heads.

Well, they always say "Two heads are better than one."

Steve
Steve, do not offend my twin brother, and do not forget that we have to share one brain, you lucky one :). Jan
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Jan 28, 2014 11:47AM)
Ah, I remember ... your twin brother, ... the good looking one, right? :)
Germany? that's almost home! Meet you guys there
And you stop stealing my patter please, Thomas... I am glad that I got at least fifty percent of my patter together, I am still negotiating with my brother, and that's not easy, he is 5 minutes older than me... Jan
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Feb 18, 2014 01:21PM)
Hey there,

you may want to check the [url=http://www.mind-summit.net][b]'Mind Summit 2014'[/b][/url] website again!

[list][*]There's an update regarding our presenters
[*]A preliminary scheduling is up
[*]And two additional master classes are annouced[/list]
Click: [url=http://www.mind-summit.net][img]http://www.paralabs.org/MindSummit/MindSummit_Logo_100.png[/img][/url]

Cheers
Th.
It's gonna be a good one!
And I knew that we will meet each other, Looch - finally this year it will happen :). Jan
I remember when conventions had the good stuff as part of the schedule, not the separate masterclass. Sigh.
[quote]
On 2014-02-19 04:37, aukt wrote:
I remember when conventions had the good stuff as part of the schedule, not the separate masterclass. Sigh.
[/quote]

There IS....Me and jan are lecturing lol

The masterclasses are a separate entity, look at the lectures taking place, its going to be a stunning event :)
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Feb 19, 2014 04:51AM)
[quote]
On 2014-02-19 04:37, aukt wrote:
[/quote]
A lecture of max. 90 minutes at a convention can hardly be that in-depth, comprehensive and interactive that an eight hour workshop can be - don't you agree? And that professionals have even more to teach that you can put into a 90 minute lecture should be self-explanatory as well.

This is the reason for separate types of presentations: lectures, worthwhile, full of good stuff and as profound as possible regarding the time given - but due to the timeframe comparatively reduced anyway; and 'master classes' that offer more time for more good and worthwhile stuff that can be explored even more in-depth.

Cheers
Th.
This is going to be great. This year Christmas will be in June! :)
Looch beat me to the punch, but thrilled to announce that he will be lecturing at the convention.

Also info is up on the Richard Osterlind Master Class (and three spots have been booked in the first 24 hours).

For years there have been Master Classes from the Mystery School and recently from Bob Kohler surrounding MINDvention in Las Vegas. It makes sense to offer these classes when the talent is already in Europe for the convention. If Richard was coming over only for a Master Class the class would be a lot more expensive to cover the costs associated with travel. For those that are able to make it, it will be an incredible day of learning.

PS So far our farthest traveled attendee will be from Singapore!
I'm in.
Summit update... 7 slots are filled for the Richard Osterlind workshop... We just had our first registration from Israel... Shalom David... still waiting on word for Turner/McLeod workshop...

Is everyone aware that we are kicking off with an attendee show? This is your chance to get up before the group and show you latest effect. Time limit 8 minutes... at MINDvention several people have jumped from the attendee show into a regular lecture slot. Please email Danny Archer (mindsummit@aol.com) if you are interested in performing in the show.
Danny

Are there any plans of having the same masters and lectures in Mindvendtion in Vegas this year and have Paralabs in the dealers room as well ?
I apologize for my question above. I got the answer from Mindvention website.

Sorry
[quote]
On Mar 4, 2014, Joaquin wrote:
Danny

Are there any plans of having the same masters and lectures in Mindvention in Vegas this year and have Paralabs in the dealers room as well ?
[/quote]

While the two conventions will share acts occasionally, they are two separate conventions. As to Paralabs I am sure Thomas or Rainer will comment on that.

Because of the two events that are already taking place (McBride's Master Class for Mentalism and Kohler/Stetson Workshops) we have not planned to do a Master Class. But if that changes, I will let you know.
[quote]
Mind-Summit website wrote: Registration for the convention is 385 Euros and there is an early sign-up until March 8th for only 350 Euros.
[/quote]

Hi Folks,
only one day left.
And think about, that this probably will be German time. (German time is 5 hours ahead of EST.)

Cheers
Boo
I'm really looking forward to Mindsummit. Can't wait to meet as many if you guys as possible 😄
You'll see a lot of guys there, mate, as far as we can say for now! :)

Actually there will be attendees from 16 countries (as of today):

[list][*]Austria
[*]Belgium
[*]Cyprus
[*]Denmark
[*]Finland
[*]France
[*]Germany
[*]India
[*]Ireland
[*]Israel
[*]Italy
[*]Netherlands
[*]Singapore
[*]Sweden
[*]Switzerland
[*]UK[/list]
Now, as the early booker fee expires today, we expect some further registrations within the next hours of those who want to make a last minute use of the discount.

We're looking forward to a fantastic event, ...:)

Cheers
Th.

[url=http://www.mind-summit.net][img]http://www.paralabs.org/MindSummit/MindSummit_Logo_100.png[/img][/url]
Me and my brother will come and visit MindSumit as dealers with our products from MetalWriting.

I truly hope that I will get to know a lot of wonderful performers during the convention.

Best,

Ark
I think you will Ark...

PS Are you bringing those sunglasses? :)
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Mar 18, 2014 04:00PM)
Hi,

the cooperative Peter Turner/Colin McLeod master class is finally announced and ready to be booked - and what an event this will become!

Their one-off 'Dual Realities' master class will take place only Saturday the 7th of June 2014, 10am - 8pm, strictly limited to 15 delegates.

For details check the Mind Summit website - www.mind-summit.net

We're excited to be able to offer such a memorable dual workshop to you!

Cheers
Th.
Summit update -

Hi all. Things are progressing nicely for our first convention in Europe. With almost twenty countries from around the world this will be a real international convention. There are two spots left for the Richard Osterlind Master Class, and five spots left for the Turner/McLeod class.

Below is a list of the participating dealers (who I think are a very important part of the convention). How great is it to be able to see and learn about the all important props and gimmicks that we use. Below is a list of our exhibitors and you can find links to their websites on the [url=http://www.mind-summit.net]Mind Summit website[/url].

With a little over ten weeks until the start there is plenty of time to make your plans to join us in Cologne for what promises to be a most entertaining and enlightening three days (or more!) of non-stop mentalism.

PS If you haven't do so already please join [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/564170350333766/]Mind Summit on Facebook[/url] to meet and greet your fellow mentalists.

Peace,
Danny

2014 Mind Summit Vendors
Paralabs
Stolina
Labco
Taylor Imagineering
SO MAGIC EVENEMENTS
Metal Writing
Zauber Kellerhof
Master Miracles
Promystic
MAGIKDATA.COM
This looks like a brilliant event and am gutted I am already committed to something else.
Have a great time.
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Mar 27, 2014 10:55AM)
[quote]
On Mar 27, 2014, Limitless wrote:
This looks like a brilliant event and am gutted I am already committed to something else.
Have a great time.
[/quote]
So you're limited? ;)
That made me laugh Thomas!
The first part of the Richard Osterlind interview is up on the website [url=http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/presenters---osterlind.html]Here[/url]...
... and the second part of Danny's [url=http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/presenters---osterlind.html]Richard Osterlind interview[/url] is online too.

[url=http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/presenters---osterlind.html][img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/osterlind_link_small.png[/img][/url]

In the first part of the interview Richard shares with you some personal and private memories on how he started his career in Mentalism.
In the second part of the interview Richard talks about his appearance at the Mind Summit, what he has planned for the convention part and about his view of being successful in the business.

Cheers
Th.

[url=http://www.mind-summit.net][img]http://www.paralabs.org/MindSummit/MindSummit_Logo_100.png[/img][/url]
Really looking forward to it.

My first convention in many years.

Hope to meet all those friends, I haven´t seen in years.

Ravi
PS:

Just curious.

How many have signed for the convention so far?

Can´t imagine, so many mentalists together over here in cologne. Going to be great.

Ravi
At the moment we look forward to welcome about 120 guests in Cologne. But as there we're still nine weeks ahead, it's highly probable that the number of attendees will rise anyway within the days to come.

Country-wise we're up to 20 at the moment - which is wonderful as this will add a very special touch of internationality and interculturality to the event, ... :)

[list][*]Austria
[*]Belgium
[*]Canada
[*]Cyprus
[*]Denmark
[*]Finland
[*]France
[*]Germany
[*]India
[*]Ireland
[*]Israel
[*]Italy
[*]Netherlands
[*]Norway
[*]Singapore
[*]Spain
[*]Sweden
[*]Switzerland
[*]UK
[*]USA[/list]
Cheers
Th.
Thanks Thomas for this information, sounds great.

Ravi
[quote]
On Mar 13, 2014, Danny Archer wrote:
PS Are you bringing those sunglasses? :)
[/quote]

LOL

Thanks, they are part of a performance outfit - but they do kick a**!
Ugh! This sounds so awesome and I'm so sorry I'm not able to attend!
I'll do what I can to get you for the next year's Mind Summit!

Your appearance at the 2013 MINDvention was absolutely awesome - and I'm dead certain that you would blow away the European colleagues! So let's stay in touch and keep a slot for this in your appointment book for June 2015, please!

Cheers
Th.
Thanks for dropping by Cashetta... I agree with Thomas... we have to get you to the Mind Summit... we will talk again, soon.

Because she is so good, she is always booked and working! June is her busy month... but maybe next year we can work some magic...

I love a challenge!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Apr 10, 2014 11:30PM)
[quote]
On Mar 8, 2014, ParaLabs - Thomas wrote:
You'll see a lot of guys there, mate, as far as we can say for now! :)

Actually there will be attendees from 16 countries (as of today):

[list][*]Austria
[*]Belgium
[*]Cyprus
[*]Denmark
[*]Finland
[*]France
[*]Germany
[*]India
[*]Ireland
[*]Israel
[*]Italy
[*]Netherlands
[*]Singapore
[*]Sweden
[*]Switzerland
[*]UK[/list]

[/quote]

HEY! You forgot Canada! :wavey:
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Apr 11, 2014 12:40AM)
HEY! You don't have to refer to my [b]first[/b] listing of countries but to my [b]latest[/b] one! :baby:

[quote]
On Apr 4, 2014, ParaLabs - Thomas wrote:
At the moment we look forward to welcome about 120 guests in Cologne. But as there we're still nine weeks ahead, it's highly probable that the number of attendees will rise anyway within the days to come.

Country-wise we're up to 20 at the moment - which is wonderful as this will add a very special touch of internationality and interculturality to the event, ... :)

[list][*]Austria
[*]Belgium
[*]Canada
[*]Cyprus
[*]Denmark
[*]Finland
[*]France
[*]Germany
[*]India
[*]Ireland
[*]Israel
[*]Italy
[*]Netherlands
[*]Norway
[*]Singapore
[*]Spain
[*]Sweden
[*]Switzerland
[*]UK
[*]USA[/list]
Cheers
Th.
[/quote]
This Convention sounds Awesome.
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Apr 13, 2014 03:39AM)
Hi there,

A captivating [url=http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/presenters---turner.html]interview with Peter Turner[/url] is online at the [url=http://www.mind-summit.net]Mind Summit[/url] website.
In this interview Peter shares some memories from his difficult childhood, how this moved him into magic and mentalism and in which way his experiences had effects on his interpretation of our art. He even provides some insights in what to expect from both, his lecture and the mutual master class with Col McLeod.

Enjoy!

Cheers
Th.
Great interview!!!
Ah, Kolsch, the Dom, Berliners, Karnival...

All you need is Dunninger returning to his ancestral home :)
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Apr 14, 2014 01:10AM)
You tell me, mate!
We would have loved to have you there as you know, ... ;=)
We will make it work next year brother. It will give me a chance to learn my entire show in German :)

Bis bald
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Apr 17, 2014 06:50AM)
And the last seat for Pete's and Col's master class is gone today - booked out!

Still two single seats remaining for Richard's master class. :)

Cheers
Th.
The Richard Osterlind class is not SOLD OUT. Thanks to all who are participating.
Really looking forward to meeting new friends there!

It will be the first convention I've been to in about fifteen years where I haven't worked :)
Another great interview conducted by Thomas and featuring Colin McLeod is now up on the website [url=http://www.mind-summit.net]Mind Summit[/url]

PS Also interviews with Osterlind and Turner are available!
Taking off for Europe today... looking forward to meeting you all in Cologne!
Enjoy your trip over here. looking forward to Cologne.
See you there.

steve
Here here Steve, I'm super excited about going!!!!
Met a great mentalist yesterday in Vienna. Luca and his wife Annka do a wonderful two-person act... I hope we will be able to book them for next years Mind Summit!
At my lecture last night in Steyr, I ran into Dieter who will run the A/V at the Summit and Rene. Great guys and they are excited about the upcoming convention (as am I).
More good news!

Working out the details, but for the very first time at MINDvention, we will be offering an extra charge workshop. One will take place the day after MINDvention and feature our Guest of Honor Richard Osterlind in a full day workshop. The other will take place during the convention and will be three hours with the always wonderful Michael Weber.

Still working on the detail and will update as info develops.
Hi there,

Just five more days to go, ...
If you are interested in the final scheduling - [url=http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/convention-2.html]here we are (click)![/url] :bg:

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/Schedule_03_06_14_600.jpg[/img]

Cheers
Th.
On the Facebook group page, someone has just posted that due to emergency circumstances, they will not be able to attend. If there's anyone here who has been wanting to go, he'd really appreciate being able to sell his ticket and accommodation on. Check the posts on the Facebook group for more:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/564170350333766/682903401793793/?notif_t=group_activity
Hope you guys have a splendid time. There's someone in Canada wishing they were there with you.

David
I'm heading over to Canada in October, but first Cologne is calling and I'm almost done packing :)

steve
Thank you so much, David! :)

It would be a pleasure to have you here at some point in time too.

Take care, my friend, and best regards to Sheree!

Th.
Well it was a wonderful convention.
Great big thanks to Thomas, Rainer Danny and others fro organising it so well.
Packed with great speakers.
Wonderful shows.
Great atmosphere.

Loved every minute of it.

Thanks guys
Steve
Stephen Young hit it on the head......... FANTASTIC event!!!

Really great meeting people in person whom I had only corresponded with here before......... utmost respect for Jan Forster, incredibly nice guy and polished performer!!

Rasp.
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Jun 12, 2014 11:02AM)
Thank you both, Steve and Rasp! :smiletear:

Here some impressions, ... :rolleyes:

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/1.jpg[/img]
Flags in front of the hotel ...

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/2.jpg[/img]
... RollUps inside.

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/4.jpg[/img]
Master Class on Saturday ...

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/4a.jpg[/img]
... Mentalism approachable ...

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/5.jpg[/img]
... with Colin McLeod and Peter Turner.

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/5a.jpg[/img]
Structuring the convention room.

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/6.jpg[/img]
The brilliant Lars Ruth presenting his Yedi act during the opening show.
May the force be with you! [IMG]http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/star-wars/smiley-vault-star-wars-025.gif[/IMG]

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/7.jpg[/img]
The first lecturer - Dr. Knut Knackstedt. We will invite him again for sure and offer him a larger time slot. Great feedback for him and his presentation!
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Jun 12, 2014 11:02AM)
[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/15.jpg[/img]
Lecture Colin McLeod.

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/8.jpg[/img]
Panel discussion
Nicolai Friedrich, Looch, Peter Turner, Colin McLeod, Richard Osterlind

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/9a.jpg[/img]
Selfie of the talk participants and their audience, ...

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/9.jpg[/img]
Topic by the way: [i]Creating Original Mentalism[/i]

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/16.jpg[/img]
He is simply brilliant!

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/17.jpg[/img]
Here on stage with Wonder Man Fred.

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/18.jpg[/img]
Florian Severin presenting his infamous eye trap.
With his strange kind of effects was one of the crowd-pleasers without the doubt.
Maybe you can see him at some point even at Mindvention, ...
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Jun 12, 2014 11:03AM)
[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/10.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/11.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/12.jpg[/img]
Peter Burnside who talked about radio mentalism.
Here with Jan Becker ...

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/6a.jpg[/img]
... here with Richard Osterlind.

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/13.jpg[/img]
Jan Forster demonstrated his taste sensitive empathy ...

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/14.jpg[/img]
... and Mathias Fischedick offered a Q and A exploring the topic of Mentalism in TV.
[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/19.jpg[/img]
Lecture Richard Osterlind - Spoon Bending, ...

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/20.jpg[/img]
... on stage with Lars Ruth.

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/21.jpg[/img]
Spoon Twist ...

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/22.jpg[/img]
... a synchronization with a borrowed watch, ...
[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/23.jpg[/img]
... classic mind reading ...

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/24.jpg[/img]
... and finally his famous and inimitable penny bend!

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/25.jpg[/img]
Danny Archer began sweating and welcomed the audience to 'Mind Sauna 2014'.

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/28.jpg[/img]
Jan Becker is definitively one of the most reputable mentalists in Germany; but on international basis he is not as well known as he should. This will change now for sure.
His lecture and his spontaneous master class triggered a raving feedback even from the big names in the business!

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/29.jpg[/img]
Peter Turner's performances - as inexplicable and mystifying as anticipated.

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/30.jpg[/img]
Colin McLeod, Michael Murray und Peter Turner

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/31.jpg[/img]
Thimon von Berlepsch, Jan Becker, Lord Jack Nasher, Colin McLeod, Jan Forster
[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/32.jpg[/img]
Final applause

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/33.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.paralabs.org/mindsummit/_Media/MindSummitPics/34.jpg[/img]

Obviously genuine attendees are better qualified for an objective review that one of the producers. Anyway - from my point of view the event was demanding ... but fantastic!
Apart from the fact that the hotel's aircon quit the service and we took all efforts to help the attendees with a 'cold beverages flat rate', the convention went like a Swiss watch thanks to our team.

Obviously there are always one or two things that could be improved the next time; but over-all the feedback was brilliant!

Personally I enjoyed especially a book test that I presented as part of the opening show.
Now usually we would obviously go through a selection procedure so that my audience genuinely trusts me that my participant isn't a stooge (and he isn't for real) - but to keep things straight this time I simply handed over those books to the most trustworthy person in the room, our friend Richard Osterlind. You have to know that last year at Mindvention Richard mentioned to us (in a somewhat sentimental mood I guess) how much he enjoys it to be genuinely astonished and surprised but that this doesn’t happen that often these days - no surprise after more than 30 years in the business.

So I decided to perform our "Nightmare Alley" book test for Richard. And if I interpret his reactions correctly he WAS quite astonished and surprised during my presentation.

We worked long and hard on this book test and that it passed the 'Osterlind exam' and that neither he nor anyone in the audience could explain what happened was one of my personal highlights!

Added together we had about 160 attendees from 25 counties. And the internationality and culture-independend and -overarching connectedness of the attendees regarding their passion for the art was simply intringuing!

Maybe one of the attendees is in the mood to share some his impressions as well.

Cheers and see you next year!
Th.
Sounds like it was sensational, Thomas. I really regret that I was unable to make it this year. Looks like one for the mentalism history books.
Bob, thanks a lot for your introduction and the flattering words about myself before I could start my lecture... :) That came as a total surprise for me as I didn't expect anything... I just got told to wait a moment :)... it was worth the wait although I lost almost my frame of mind ;) Jan
[quote]On Jun 12, 2014, JanForster wrote:
Bob, thanks a lot for your introduction and the flattering words about myself before I could start my lecture... :) That came as a total surprise for me as I didn't expect anything... I just got told to wait a moment :)... it was worth the wait although I lost almost my frame of mind ;) Jan [/quote]

I was hoping you'd be surprised. I taped that video introduction in the Parlour of Prestidigitation just before my second show at the Magic Castle last week.

I had already been booked to perform at "Beyond Brookledge" and the Castle which is why I couldn't be there to introduce you in person.

Best-

Bob
Message: Posted by: Rainer - ParaLabs (Jun 13, 2014 05:27AM)
With regards from the photographer Juergen Elskamp, I have created a Piccasa Album which you can see here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/113122647655694075843/MindSummit2014ByJuergenElskampPhotographer?authkey=Gv1sRgCK2DreWF_vPZ3wE

best from Cologne

Rainer
Message: Posted by: Rainer - ParaLabs (Jun 13, 2014 08:31AM)
And a short Video (thanks Ingo):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXyO-MuUK7U&feature=youtu.be

(just for fun)
It was good, I liked it!
Well done pictures too!!!

Endre
Well done video :) ...
Thank you all for some great days in Cologne. I like the video Rainer, it sum up the amazing days. Well done everyone.
Thank you Rainer, Thomas and Danny for this great summit. It was my first convention and it was an absolute pleasure to meet you all!

Thank you vey much to all. Especially Trixi! :)
I recognize a lot of those pics, lol :) The Mindsummit was really really amazing, I can't find a negative aspect about it (especially when you are lucky to live at 1:30 from the place :D ), except that time passed too quickly!

[quote]On Jun 12, 2014, ParaLabs - Thomas wrote:
Personally I enjoyed especially a book test that I presented as part of the opening show.
[/quote]

Indeed your book test was great!
It was so great , Thank you all people !

a video of all the lectures would be wondeful :-)
I had such a great time!

Thanks so much!!!

Ravi
I had a great time. Very inspiring, but quiet hot like a sauna, especially at the Gala Show on Monday! ;)

regards
kiki
I have left over a few copies of my lecture notes (booklet, 44 pages, color print, title „Personal Regards“ ) written in English for my lecture during “Mind Summit Europe” in Cologne/Germany last month. It contains three very elaborated and unique routines. You had not to attend the lecture to enjoy its content :). It is a special edition and will not be reprinted!

If you are interested drop me a line to see if I still have it. 20 Dollars or 15 Euros postage paid worldwide (PayPal). Jan