(Close Window)
Topic: New tic-tac-toe mentalism app -- looks pretty cool!
Message: Posted by: TheAmazingSteveo (Jan 10, 2014 09:54AM)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magic-trick-2/id789461885?mt=8#
Message: Posted by: starnight (Jan 10, 2014 04:53PM)
But why never for android users???? Grrrr
Message: Posted by: Sean Giles (Jan 13, 2014 01:41AM)
This is a great app & I'm suprised that there isn't more buzz about it. It's very clever and much easier than I thought. You can win noughts and crosses without ever seeing where your opponent has gone.

You don't even need to know how to play the game, you just do what the app tells you. Best of all your phone is in your pocket while you are playing and you don't need to see or touch it!
Message: Posted by: MagicApps (Jan 16, 2014 04:39AM)
[quote]
On 2014-01-13 02:41, Sean Giles wrote:
This is a great app & I'm suprised that there isn't more buzz about it. It's very clever and much easier than I thought. You can win noughts and crosses without ever seeing where your opponent has gone.

You don't even need to know how to play the game, you just do what the app tells you. Best of all your phone is in your pocket while you are playing and you don't need to see or touch it!
[/quote]

Thank you very much Sean, you're right the App has been downloaded hundreds of times the first day by 99% of non-magicians. I think magicians prefer more expensive and more complicated tricks ;-)
Message: Posted by: george1953 (Jan 16, 2014 05:51AM)
Yet another vote for Android users !
Message: Posted by: DynaMix (Jan 16, 2014 07:38AM)
[quote]
On 2014-01-16 05:39, MagicApps wrote:
[quote]
On 2014-01-13 02:41, Sean Giles wrote:
This is a great app & I'm suprised that there isn't more buzz about it. It's very clever and much easier than I thought. You can win noughts and crosses without ever seeing where your opponent has gone.

You don't even need to know how to play the game, you just do what the app tells you. Best of all your phone is in your pocket while you are playing and you don't need to see or touch it!
[/quote]


Thank you very much Sean, you're right the App has been downloaded hundreds of times the first day by 99% of non-magicians. I think magicians prefer more expensive and more complicated tricks ;-)
[/quote]

Yes the .99 price certainly has advantages and disadvantages.
Message: Posted by: Sean Giles (Jan 16, 2014 08:24AM)
[quote]
On 2014-01-16 05:39, MagicApps wrote:
[quote]
On 2014-01-13 02:41, Sean Giles wrote:
This is a great app & I'm suprised that there isn't more buzz about it. It's very clever and much easier than I thought. You can win noughts and crosses without ever seeing where your opponent has gone.

You don't even need to know how to play the game, you just do what the app tells you. Best of all your phone is in your pocket while you are playing and you don't need to see or touch it!
[/quote]


Thank you very much Sean, you're right the App has been downloaded hundreds of times the first day by 99% of non-magicians. I think magicians prefer more expensive and more complicated tricks ;-)
[/quote]

Put it up to 30 and it'll be the next big thing...
Message: Posted by: ash2arani (Jan 16, 2014 11:05AM)
Android!! Android!! Android!!! Ok, I cannot wait for Android :D
Message: Posted by: MagicMan1957 (Jan 19, 2014 12:41AM)
A question for users of this app.

The instructions say you must always make the first move with this app but must you always start with your first move in the middle square or can you start in any square?
Message: Posted by: rasp (Jan 19, 2014 03:07AM)
You can start anywhere
Message: Posted by: Ray Bertrand (Jan 19, 2014 11:08PM)
Android rocks. I-aps should not have a complete monopoly.

Ray
Message: Posted by: Greg Rostami (Jan 25, 2014 07:45PM)
Hello friends,

I just downloaded this app.

For $0.99 it's pretty nice. I'm a little concerned about a $0.99 app exposing the basic method of teleFoto, but I guess there's not much I can do about that.
After being in the app business for 5 years, I always find it fascinating how developers believe the only way to make money is to make free or $0.99 apps.

I think it's very interesting how you MUST email your spectator to perform this effect.
If you're performing for a stranger, I can see this being a problem. The spectator may not want to share their email or there isn't enough time to do so.

The premise of the effect is interesting. It's basically a one trick app. I've already used the app for a few performances. At the present time, I don't feel I can attach an emotional hook to this routine.

I truly respect and admire the developers technology in this app. I just wish they would realize that they would make a LOT more money pricing their app much higher.

my 2 cents,
Greg Rostami
Message: Posted by: MagicApps (Jan 26, 2014 03:34AM)
[quote]
On 2014-01-25 20:45, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hello friends,

I just downloaded this app.

For $0.99 it's pretty nice. I'm a little concerned about a $0.99 app exposing the basic method of teleFoto, but I guess there's not much I can do about that.
After being in the app business for 5 years, I always find it fascinating how developers believe the only way to make money is to make free or $0.99 apps.

I think it's very interesting how you MUST email your spectator to perform this effect.
If you're performing for a stranger, I can see this being a problem. The spectator may not want to share their email or there isn't enough time to do so.

The premise of the effect is interesting. It's basically a one trick app. I've already used the app for a few performances. At the present time, I don't feel I can attach an emotional hook to this routine.

I truly respect and admire the developers technology in this app. I just wish they would realize that they would make a LOT more money pricing their app much higher.

my 2 cents,
Greg Rostami
[/quote]

Hi Greg,

We consider that any magic app on the Apple or Google App Stores is therefore available to every non-magicians.
So basically we can't consider such apps as a professional tool for pro magicians.
You're right it is only a "one trick app" that anyone can use to amaze their friends and family for a nice price.
As it is a simple app (only 2 days of work) you can understand we can't sell it over 1 buck...

Our pro magicians team works on worldwide magic events using especially many customized magic apps not available to the spectators/clients...
This is our business model. This service is more profitable for us and is more respectful to our customers.

This app was included in our Magic Apps Suite for Android (8 magic apps) and this package was launched in mai 2011 for a worldwide Paypal contest.
So we use this method since many years and I think you agree with me that all non-developers can't understand how it works.

Regards.
Message: Posted by: Magic1jim (Jan 27, 2014 04:18AM)
I love all three of the available iphone apps, very clever and very simple stuff. I would of paid a lot more then what you sell them for. My personal favourite has to be Magic Trick #3 though. Well worth the set up
Message: Posted by: ash2arani (Feb 5, 2014 03:36PM)
Magic Trick #2 just hit the Google Play Store. Yaaay!! :D
Message: Posted by: ZachDavenport (Jul 25, 2014 02:30PM)
[quote]On Jan 25, 2014, Greg Rostami wrote:
I'm a little concerned about a $0.99 app exposing the basic method of teleFoto, but I guess there's not much I can do about that.
After being in the app business for 5 years, I always find it fascinating how developers believe the only way to make money is to make free or $0.99 apps.
[/quote]
No spectator will be able to figure that out, and had you not posted that most magicians probably would not either.
Message: Posted by: SupaHEEro (Aug 3, 2014 12:47AM)
Has magic trick #3 out in App Store yet?