(Close Window)
Topic: 21st Century Prediction ***NEW APP***
No cool shots of meteor showers, limos, street performance montages or dudes in baggy jeans. Just a quick explanation for what I believe is a nice app to add to your performing toolbox.

This application allows one to predict a number, word, drawing or any other information that a person might name. It is intended for mentalists, magicians and other mystery entertainers and is priced accordingly (currently at $29).

Imagine using your phone as a modern swami gimmick. Is this a replacement for that tried-and-true piece of kit? Of course not, but it can be a nice complement to techniques you might already use.

In performance, you send an email to your participant who then provides a number, name, drawing, etc. They then check their email to see that you've predicted in advance what they were going to say.

21st Century Prediction will work by itself, but the illusion is made more powerful by employing a hidden assistant. This assistant will require the “21st Century Prediction Assistant” application (which is FREE!). You can have as many assistants as you wish (but of course, only one at at time). This allows for a dramatic increase in the frequency with which you'll be using this application.

Any party, bar or structured performing situation will allow you an opportunity to find an assistant. Since the assistant app is free, they won't have to pony up any dough to be that assistant. The nicest part about the assistant is that you can send the email to the participant, put your phone away and never touch it again.

You can see a quick demo of a SOLO performance, which can be quite convincing as well:

http://keylmagic.com/site/portfolio-view/21st-century-prediction/

Right now, the app and assistant app are only available in the iPhone App Store. Work has begun on Android versions which will be cross-compatible. In other words, when completed, the iPhone app will work with an Android assistant and vice-versa. When that's done nearly anyone with a smart phone can become your confederate.

We actually had a soft launch of this app in October and it has been available since then. At this point, we're confident that it's stable and ready for more widespread adoption.

Inside the app you will find extensive written instructions and a 30 minute video which explains all the ins-and-outs. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your time. See you around the Café!
This is brilliant!!!!! Works like a charm!
Maybe there's finally something to replace Email Wizard

If so I'm very interested in this.
Waiting the android version!!!!
How does this app handle the situation where someone notices they haven't received a vibrate or audio notification that they've been sent an email? In other words, aren't they going to get the sound or vibration AFTER they give their answer?
If it works as our app TZP works, they should receive the email first and then you push the gained info into that email.

Myke
X
Ive been itching to mention TZP ;)
Scott, Myke is correct in that the email is sent prior to gaining any necessary information. This is not an SMS message so it isn't pushed from the cell network to the device in quite the same way. Depending on their device, their mail client, etc. they may not get an audible/visual notification at all in the time between you sending the email and them providing the information, but of course you could specifically wait for a notification.

In my experience, this hasn't been an issue since after I send the initial email I put the phone away and never use it again (I usually work this in confederate mode). As long as those initial conditions are clearly spelled out to your audience backtracking it becomes very difficult.

By the way, Myke, love your apps, man!
No Android? :(
Guys this app is incredible. Incredible.

Steven, I haven't demoed live yet. I put up my own pic holding a piece of paper - any tips for making the imprinted image appear more "ingrained" into the photo? It appears a bit too bold compared to the photo itself... Of course I could be totally overthinking it. I used a photo holding a thick marker (changed font to smallest as well) and am practicing swami-ING the info as smooth as possible (to mimic what it would look like in real life).
NO WAY!!! Steven, you are a top man :)
I don't have this yet but I think the idea of N**l W**t**g to create a prediction inside an Email is a fantastic idea.

Well done Steven!

Myke
X
Parkrocker, Android version is being worked right now. Hold tight!

DynaMix, you're absolutely right about the blending of the ink on the paper. It doesn't look as blended because the ink is solid black. This is being fixed in the next release to be more of a dark gray which will look more naturally blended in the photo. In the meantime, the two things you can do on your end to alleviate the problem are:
[list]
[*] Make sure that the photo you take doesn't use a flash and has more subdued lighting. Not necessarily dark, but not too bright.
[*] Change the color of the paper you use to something off-white or even some other solid color. The darker the color you use for the paper the more blended the "ink" will look.
[/list]

Granted, you shouldn't have to deal with these workarounds but the issue is being worked. Personally, I just use normal white paper with regular lighting and in my photos the effect isn't too pronounced.

Sean and Myke, thanks for the comments! The next update should be out in the next 4-6 weeks.
All,

There is currently an issue with the web server. Until it is resolved nobody will be doing any 21st century predicting. I sincerely apologize for this and once this is fixed will take additional steps to further stabilize the web server. It failed last night sometime around 10 PM and I've been working the issue with the network people. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience but it should be back on line soon.
This happened to me twice last night! I'm glad at least the message came up saying it was unsuccessful.

Thanks for keeping on top of things sir!
Another vote for Android here :)
Awesome Steven! Can't wait To geht my Handy in this one! When you need a betatester I'm volunteering ;)

Regards
Nico
It looks like a cool email magic app. I'm open to trying it out. Is it on the App Store yet?
Yes it is on the app store but the Web server won't be back online for another day or so.
Sounds familiar...
Android please
Any news on the fix?
Still working it. Shouldn't be long, though. Again, apologies all around. The app has been out since October and we haven't had a problem until last week.
Is this different than my app email wizard? Where did you get the idea for yours?
Yes for Android! :D
James..... yes it is different from yours.
Server is back up. It might go down and up intermittently over the next few days as we continue stabilizing it, but as of now have at it. Still have a couple more weeks work on the next update but things are looking good there as well. Design work on the Android version is just about done and coding will commence right after that. Very excited about the cross-platform capabilities.

Hello, James. Yes, 21st Century Prediction is different from Email Wizard. The initial idea was germinated after reading the first pillar in Tony Corrinda's "13 Steps to Mentalism." There are a couple of other pillars in there that would make terrific apps and I'm in the early design phase on a couple more.

More videos should be going up in the next couple of weeks to further showcase the app and provide some additional presentational possibilities. In fact, I was thinking about working my way through the first pillar of 13 Steps and doing a video performance of each effect in the book.

Thanks again everyone for bearing with these early problems. Your patience is very much appreciated. And it goes without saying, if anyone feels like this isn't a worthwhile app or if these early stability issues have created any negative feelings, I'll be more than happy to refund anyone no questions asked.
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Jan 28, 2014 11:59PM)
My question is I have an Ipad but I have android phone. Which app should I get? Should I go ahead and get it for Ipad or should I wait for the android? I understand the "assistant" will be able to work across platforms but what is will be the better initial app to get or will it matter?
[quote]
On 2014-01-28 11:01, James Mattox wrote:
Is this different than my app email wizard? Where did you get the idea for yours?
[/quote]

James, you gave the mentalism community a great effect that people loved. But then you took it away and sold it to a rich performer for his sole use. You offered a refund which was good but It's not surprising that the gap has been filled.
I was thinking along the same lines as Sean.

I was a big fan of E mail Wizard.
I supported the decision of the creator to remove it from the marketplace.
Even when others were giving him a hard time over it.

I didn't even take up the refund offered as I was quite happy to pay for the use I'd got out of the app.

But I think it a step too far for the creator to start questioning other apps that may or may not bear some similarity to E mail wizard.

Once the creator jumped ship, he forfeited the right to get precious about this. IMHO.

Steve
James and I have initiated a dialogue off-line. Hopefully, we can get through this with a minimum of fuss and get back to real performing. Thanks again... everyone.
Stephen Young nailed it with his post!
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Jan 30, 2014 12:26AM)
[quote]
On 2014-01-29 17:02, Steven Keyl wrote:
James and I have initiated a dialogue off-line. Hopefully, we can get through this with a minimum of fuss and get back to real performing. Thanks again... everyone.
[/quote]

Yeah the thread got a little sidetracked but I would still like an answer to my question.

I am going to try and clarify it a bit...

I have both an older Android Phone and an I pad. I know that some apps are designated to work better with a phone and not a tablet.

So my question is should I get this now for the Ipad or should I wait for the Android version?

I understand that once the android version is up and operational then your assistant can have either kind of device.

But does the "initial email" have to be sent from the device with the actual app installed?

Here is the scenario I am hoping for: I buy the app for my Ipad and I use my phone as the assistant. Since I do not always carry my Ipad I would like to be able to send an email from my phone and use either that phone or another assistant/confederate as the phone to secretly insert the information.

Or do I wait until this is available for android because I would get more use out of it because my phone goes everywhere with me?

Please PM me if necessary.

--Gordon
Gordon, yes, the initial email must be sent from the device with the actual app installed, the confederate cannot send the email. If you buy the app for iPhone you will be able to install both the main app (and the confederate app) on both your iPhone and iPad without requiring two separate purchases. Using the iPad as the email sending device is fine but a quick cautionary note. We didn't do much testing on iPads but we did notice that the secret writing feature doesn't work properly when you use the iPad 2x zoom feature. Using it as a sending device, though, poses no problem.

However, if your day-to-day device is your Android phone then I'd opt to wait for that version since the goal is to be able to perform "anytime, anywhere".
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Jan 30, 2014 12:29PM)
Thank you it is what I figured but wanted to be sure.
Downloaded this app today...but prediction shows error when loaded attachment?? Is the server down still??
The server is not down. Everything appears to be working fine. Make sure you upload the prediction image before you check the email. If you do it out of order you'll get an 'image not found' message.
Version 1.1 is approved and is available for update on the App Store. Here are the changes:

-Fixed the text clipping issue which would cause some letters to look very slightly shortened
-Changed the color of the predicted text so that it blends in to the picture more naturally instead of "complete black"
-Miscellaneous email fixes
-Various iOS 7 fixes
-Updated screenshots on App Store

Enjoy.
Hi Steven,

Really excited to use this so I downloaded the update. Experiencing several issues though:

Most important - I am not getting the white dot "feedback" which seems to be throwing everything off. The email makes it way to the inbox, but says "no image available."

The new fake springboard now has overwritten, blurrred text where the timestamp and battery indicators/signal indicators are. Not a big deal but noticeable.

Hopefully we can get these things knocked out and continue to use this stellar app!
The white dot is showing up for me in all of my test devices so not sure what is happening there, might it be related to the springboard image you're using? As for no image showing up, I can't reproduce this either. Are you sending the email to a desktop mail client like Outlook? If so, it might be configured to download everything automatically so the initial image is downloaded and not updated when the prediction is sent. Note that this isn't how phone work, they typically wait until you click on a mail item before downloading its contents.

As to the status indicators, we'll switch back to a solid background instead of a transparent one. That's resulting in what you're seeing.
Downloading now! sounds great!!
Very excited about this ,

downloading now as well!

I was told by the creator of "Email Wizard " I used that APP more than any single user before it was taken down,
so again I am very excited about this ,

I will post a review as soon as I have a chance to peruse this.
cheers
Derek
First I'd like to say what a great trick this is. However, thing's don't work as they should.
Downloaded this on Monday. I've been working on this ever since. Tonight I thought I'd try it out on a live audience (a group of friends). I'm not sure went wrong but it was a disaster. On the first three attempts the email showed up on my friends phone but the app showed it was still loading. I was left in limbo waiting for the home screen to appear. It never did. On the fourth attempt it went through and everything worked as it should. By then the damage had been done. This isn't a trick I can use as it just isn't reliable enough.
Very sorry to hear that, Phil. This is something that I've not seen or heard about before now. The only real variable at play is in the network itself. The reliability of the network connection at any point in time could explain, at least in part, the problems that you're seeing.

Another possibility is that if you're using Wi-Fi, there could be additional security measures in place, i.e. various types of firewalls that could introduce propagation delay that could interfere with the proper behavior of the app.

In your specific case, once the email is sent from the web service, it sends a notification back to the phone that the email went out and then the home screen appears. If, for whatever reason, the phone fails to receive that notification, then it won't proceed to the next step.

In any event, I apologize for the position you were put in during performance and can look to see if there is some way we can mitigate this from happening. Without being able to replicate it, though, it might prove difficult, but we'll give it a try.
Is the server down? I am getting istock unsuccessful when I try sending a email.

I tried to add a message to the custom message section. I added My usually signature. Name, cell, website & slogan. Then when I tried sending a demo message it said: Istock Unavailable.

So I changed it back to a very short message such as:

Best always,
Em

..and now it works. is there a limit to the custom message?
I also still haven't been able to get it to work since the update. I deleted, reinstalled etc. I wish I had more time to test various scenarios and figure out the problem.
I'll try to reproduce the issue with a long message in the custom message field. Also, what iOS version are you guys using? And Dynamix, are you triple tapping or using the timeout method to upload your text? When you updated to version 1.1 it may have reset to the default triple-tap.
Worked through the problem with emran and found that if you use an ampersand character ( & ) in the message body then the upload will fail. This will be fixed for the next release and should be of minimal impact moving forward. Just wanted to provide the update here.
Works like a charm! FYI This app kills!

I actually got a over the phone gig with this app.
I asked the lady who was going to decide to book me or not if I can try a little demonstration over the phone. She said if I can read her mind over the phone you are hired! My usual go to for closing someone over the phone is a little routine by Joshua Quinn from his book Paralies but I decided to try 21st century prediction.

Sent them the email. They checked to see if they received it but I told them do not open. I put them through a little story about them entering a book store. Going down any Isle to any section. Picking up any book and choosing any word from any page. The routine involve a little bit more showmanship than I can show her but eventually they settled on the word "WORK". When a profession lady head of the HR department says HOLY SH*T I take that as a good sign. Thanks Steven!
Got it to work!!!

In my haste of reinstalling I didn't place a critical field in the email. Back to working now! THANKS STEVEN!!!
Two things. Is it possible to get the original writing area photo that comes with the app. I can revert back to it. Also is there any possible way if I email a client the prediction that they can reply to to my email in stead of the noreply email?
Great points above.

Also, I performed this last night and the email went to the person's junk folder. He is a friend so we were both confused since he gets emails from that address (supposedly) all the time. Kind of gave away that something of a technical nature was going on.
Great to hear the previous issues have been resolved.

And congrats on getting the gig, emran! That's awesome! Sounds like you got the gig because you put the time into developing a well thought out routine, but I'll graciously accept the thanks regardless.

I'll dig up the default picture and post it here soon. In the meantime if you uninstall/reinstall the app you should be reset with the default photo.

Now for the final issue, the email itself. iOS APIs don't allow an app to invisibly send an email on a user's behalf. For that you need to use an SMTP service, which is what the app currently uses. To keep things as simple as possible we're using a default SMTP service account which sends email on behalf of whatever mail account you specify in the options page. Depending on the device and mail client of the recipient, the 'reply to' address will either be the service account address or the address you type into the settings. That also accounts for DynaMix's experience.

The only solution is for the performer to enter their SMTP server, username and mail password into the application. Only then can the mail service send the mail message as the specified user and bypass the service account proxy. The question then becomes is this something that performers would be willing to provide to the application? If so, then I can add this is into the next release. But that's for you guys to decide.

Just to clarify to those without the app, the app is currently working fine. We are just discussing a specific enhancement that may be of benefit in the situations outlined above.

Congrats, again, emran. Well done.
Yes the APP is working 100000% amazing! I am surprised this thread isn't pages long!! GET THIS APP!!!!!

Thanks!! I would totally love to see a STMP in the in the upgrade!! That would be killer.

Also it would be cool to somehow have a copy of the prediction photo stored in your own photo album . This would be great just in case something happens where your reception drops or the spectators signal is bad. You can always show a copy of the photo prediction you took earlier. I usually say I am going to send you a photo attachment I took earlier today. If you really did send it from you Iphone it would be in the photo album haha. Hey you never know maybe you will one day get a spectator who would actually want to check your album lol. Good to be prepared!

Just some thoughts!
[quote]
On Mar 29, 2014, Steven Keyl wrote:
Very sorry to hear that, Phil. This is something that I've not seen or heard about before now. The only real variable at play is in the network itself. The reliability of the network connection at any point in time could explain, at least in part, the problems that you're seeing.

Another possibility is that if you're using Wi-Fi, there could be additional security measures in place, i.e. various types of firewalls that could introduce propagation delay that could interfere with the proper behavior of the app.

In your specific case, once the email is sent from the web service, it sends a notification back to the phone that the email went out and then the home screen appears. If, for whatever reason, the phone fails to receive that notification, then it won't proceed to the next step.

In any event, I apologize for the position you were put in during performance and can look to see if there is some way we can mitigate this from happening. Without being able to replicate it, though, it might prove difficult, but we'll give it a try.
[/quote]
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I know the venue I was in has a public Wi-Fi hotspot that my phone logs into automatically. I'll be going there again tonight so I'll retry it with the Wi-Fi disabled.

Next, is there anyway of sending emails to more than one person for the same prediction?
Ok, I've been back to the venue that caused the problem before and tried it again. The result was brilliant and I got a booking out of it by predicting tonight's lottery result for someone in Manchester, that's 110 miles away!!
Emran, storing the image in the photo album is one of those obviously great ideas that didn't even occur to me! You're right in that it will be helpful if someone does check to see if you actually have that image AND it will help in situations where the message wasn't received or something else goes wrong on the spectator's phone, you still have the "proof". Great idea, and it's on the list for the next update.

Awesome, Phil! Glad it worked out for you this time and you got booked to boot! Congrats, man. To answer your question, no you can only send emails to one person at a time, but I'll put multiple recipients on the update list. In certain situations I can see how that would be of value.
Being able to do it to more than one person would have been a real bonus last night as I was doing it to people on Facebook. As it was I had to do it to just one person and then they posted a screen grab of the result.

Another suggestion if I may. Would it be possible to have a blank screen to write on where you can actually see what you've written? I'm thinking that having that on the accomplices phone would make for more detailed predictions as well as making it easier.
Phil, I've already got a tracing option in the update pipeline. Just trying to figure out how many options to include, i.e. opacity and color as options. As far as a blank screen, that's up to the user (or confederate). Just set the fake springboard screen to a solid background and for the writer, it will be a blank screen. Work has already started on the next update so hopefully we can get all of these changes added.
Great App! I am having a ton of fun with this. One feature I would like to see added is the ability to enter multiple email addresses or a group email. As an effect, I want to sit in a meeting room full of about 6 people (work meeting) and be able to send one email that would have two or three predictions in the email for 2 or 3 of the people in the meeting and send this email to all of the people in the meeting. This would be a great effect! Thanks again for this app.
[quote]
On Apr 6, 2014, Steven Keyl wrote:
Phil, I've already got a tracing option in the update pipeline. Just trying to figure out how many options to include, i.e. opacity and color as options. As far as a blank screen, that's up to the user (or confederate). Just set the fake springboard screen to a solid background and for the writer, it will be a blank screen. Work has already started on the next update so hopefully we can get all of these changes added.
[/quote]
That's good to hear. I see can great potential for having multiple colours.
Hey Steven! Thank for using my idea to store a copy of the prediction in the photo album! I feel like this is going to grow into a even better application!

Adding the STMP option is great too!

Also the custom email message doesn't let you put RETURNS into it. It just puts everything back to back with no spacing between lines.
Great stuff. I'll put the prediction text formatting on the fix list. I've also got a few ideas to make the whole emailing process easier.
Just tried to do this trick for the first time. Could never get an email to go thru. It showed up on the persons phone as a link. I tried 3 times. Bummer!
The first email went thru, second one no joy!
Is the server down?
Just tried again and I get "no image available".
I just tested it a couple of times and cannot reproduce the issues you're reporting. Try testing this on your own device to limit the number of variables. Also, don't view the email until after the upload from the performing device is completed, as denoted by the white dots in the corners.
It is working now! Wonder why it was down?
When it was down I made sure the white dots were visible before viewing and it was not working. I tried several times. Thanks for the support! Must be gremlins!
Glad it's working for you now!
[quote]
On Apr 11, 2014, gvinson wrote:
Just tried to do this trick for the first time. Could never get an email to go thru. It showed up on the persons phone as a link. I tried 3 times. Bummer!
[/quote]
That's the exact same problem I had. Not using Wi-Fi solved the problem, at least for me.
Phil, thanks for the suggestion. I will try and disable Wi-Fi as it was enabled and see if I can duplicate the condition.
I noticed that in the assistant app, I cannot load an image from the camera folder for the prediction image. It loads fine in the main app. I wanted to email the image to my assistant to be used on his phone. I can load the springboard image fine. Anyone else have this issue? I am testing it by running both apps on my phone. It won't load any image for the prediction image.
Not had any problems loading from my camera roll on either app.
Hi Phil, I am using an iphone 4, is that what you are using? Thanks!
Yes, iPhone 4. Also tried it on an iPad that worked as well.
Phil, I just tried it on an Ipad as well and the assistant app will only load a picture from the library for the springboard image. It won't load a picture from the library for the prediction image. It behaves the same on my iphone. Did you try to load a picture from "The Library" for the prediction image? Thanks, very strange!
One other piece of information, the image I am trying to load from the photo library is an image that I saved by taking a picture from the app so I made sure is was the right format.
Correction to the last post: The photo that would not load came from my camera on the iphone independently of the app and saved to the camera roll.
Just tried taking a photo with my iPhone. Set it as my prediction photo and gave it two test runs, neither email arrived. Re-set it to the original photo and it works fine.
Ya I think there is a software bug in the assistant app regarding the prediction photo and loading it from the camera roll since it happened on both my iPhone and iPad.
We'll get this taken care of in the next maintenance release. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

And per the previous requests, the place to download the original images is:
http://keylmagic.com/files/blanksheet.zip
Yeayyy ...
This sounds great. I have iphone but my girl has android.
No works or not?
[quote]On Jan 21, 2014, Stephen Young wrote:
Maybe there's finally something to replace Email Wizard

If so I'm very interested in this. [/quote]

Hi ...
I'd love to know your opinion 21st as I see, you were User Email wizard.
Best? Worst? Different?
If you have two available that would work?
Thanks
I love it! very strong!

Im looking forward for the update!
Working very hard on the update! It's a-coming. Along those lines, if any current customers want to beta test this new release please shoot me a PM.
Any updates?
Everything else is done except for the custom SMTP stuff which we're having a bit of trouble with. Other than that, all the other changes are going to be very well received, I predict. Don't have an ETA yet but we're working furiously to get it done. It's all really shaping up quite well.
Pretty cool app! Purchased it and I've been playing around with it all day. I really like the possibilities you can create with this.

One interesting thing I noticed from testing it out is that if the email is opened [prematurely] prior to inputting the information, then the photo will always say "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE" no matter what. Even if you input the information afterward and reopen the email, it will still say "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE" from that point on. I guess once you open the email whatever information was on the server becomes permanently stored. Of course this wouldn't be an issue in actual performance since you would simply tell your specator not to open the email just yet. Anyway, this isn't meant as a criticism in any way, simply an observation.
Steven, after playing with this for a few hours I had a few comments/suggestions:

1.) I notice in the From field of the email next to the sender's email it always shows "keylmagicnoreply@gmail.com". Would there be any way to fix/change this, perhaps in a future update?
2.) It would be nice to be able to have the option to change the font color of the inputted text. Right now it's always a dark gray by default. It would be nice to have other color options, like black for example.
3.) Have you considered having an undo/erase button somewhere on the fake springboard page in case the performer makes and error?
4.) I know that in order to hide what the performer is doing and to make the app more deceptive the writing cannot be seen. It might be useful to have a feature where the performer can enable/disable seeing what is being written (and maybe even have the visible writing disappear after a few seconds). Sometimes it's nice to have visual feedback. In most cases nobody will be looking at your screen anyway as you'll have it tilted toward yourself or somewhere out of view like near your lap. For example, if you are using a confederate who isn't very experienced with the app, having the option to see what they are writing can make things easier for them and give added confidence that the information was inputted correctly.

Anyway, just a few suggestions. Thank you and great job with the app so far!
Phatmeat, thanks for taking the time to write all this up:

1) We have a nondescript reply email in the next release. There will also be a custom SMTP version so you can enter your own SMTP details.
2) Full RGB settings on color will be available in the next release.
3) We haven't implemented a feature like this and would need to be careful how it is implemented since we want to preserve as much screen real estate as possible for the writing itself. It's something we can look at, though.
4) This feature is also in the new update. You can turn it on or off in the settings.

Anything else springs to mind as you use the app please let us know. Thanks again for the feedback.
[quote]On Sep 4, 2014, Phatmeat wrote:
Pretty cool app! Purchased it and I've been playing around with it all day. I really like the possibilities you can create with this.

One interesting thing I noticed from testing it out is that if the email is opened [prematurely] prior to inputting the information, then the photo will always say "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE" no matter what. Even if you input the information afterward and reopen the email, it will still say "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE" from that point on. I guess once you open the email whatever information was on the server becomes permanently stored. Of course this wouldn't be an issue in actual performance since you would simply tell your specator not to open the email just yet. Anyway, this isn't meant as a criticism in any way, simply an observation. [/quote]

This is a limitation of the spectator's email client, not the app itself. If the image is downloaded prematurely then the only way to get the right image to show up is to refresh the image in the email message. Most phone based email clients don't support manually refreshing an image once it's been downloaded, which is ultimately the problem. But as you say, it's not too difficult to keep spectators on point especially if you develop a compelling presentation.
Great! excited!!!!!
[quote]On Sep 4, 2014, Steven Keyl wrote:
[quote]On Sep 4, 2014, Phatmeat wrote:

One interesting thing I noticed from testing it out is that if the email is opened [prematurely] prior to inputting the information, then the photo will always say "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE" no matter what. Even if you input the information afterward and reopen the email, it will still say "NO IMAGE AVAILABLE" from that point on. I guess once you open the email whatever information was on the server becomes permanently stored. Of course this wouldn't be an issue in actual performance since you would simply tell your specator not to open the email just yet. Anyway, this isn't meant as a criticism in any way, simply an observation. [/quote]

This is a limitation of the spectator's email client, not the app itself. If the image is downloaded prematurely then the only way to get the right image to show up is to refresh the image in the email message. Most phone based email clients don't support manually refreshing an image once it's been downloaded, which is ultimately the problem. But as you say, it's not too difficult to keep spectators on point especially if you develop a compelling presentation. [/quote]

Agreed! ;)
[quote]Steven Keyl
3) We haven't implemented a feature like this and would need to be careful how it is implemented since we want to preserve as much screen real estate as possible for the writing itself. It's something we can look at, though.
4) This feature is also in the new update. You can turn it on or off in the settings[/quote]
In my opinion 3 & 4 go together. No point in seeing what you've written if you can't correct a mistake once you've made one. A small button in a corner wouldn't lose much screen space. Just a thought.

Can't wait for the update either way :-)
Hi Steven,
Any plan will update the new function ?
As we finished the latest extra features, we decided to hold off releasing this until we finalize support for iOS 8. Best guess is that we are another two weeks away from submitting this to Apple, barring any unforeseen issues.
Hi Steven,

Awesome. I can't wait it release.
Any idea for a release date?
Still no Android version ?
Yes Android would be nice
Great App!

Just a question,

Is there a way to put in the senders email,

Get to the HOT screen,cancel out of the APP

And then get back in to the APP,at the HOT screen?
Thanks
Try this. Send the email, let the hot screen load then shut down the APP. Now, re-start the APP and click validate. Select the last email you sent from the list (should be the top one). The hot screen will now re-load and you can then input the info as usual.
Have been getting an increasing amount of email on the next update so thought I'd provide a general update here.

The next version is coming along nicely and is a couple more weeks away from being submitted to Apple. We're just finishing the iOS 8 fixes now. Due to the nature of this app, the iOS 8 changes forced fairly substantial changes to certain areas in the code, but there doesn't appear to be anything that will prevent us from hitting our schedule. But of course that can change.

In any event, just wanted to let you know what to expect in the new version. I'll skip over the minor bug fixes and small enhancements and get to the good stuff (if you don't own this app, most of this will make no sense):
[list]
[*] iOS 8 support... obviously.
[*] Changed the email input screen to look like a regular email screen. That way, it's easier to hand the spectator the phone so they can enter their own email if you so choose. If not, it still looks more natural when they see you typing their email into the email screen.
[*] The image is automatically saved to your photo roll so in the event that technological calamity strikes (not being able to reach the web server, for example) you can still have them open your photo gallery and see that the image is exactly as predicted
[*] Made attachments optional. You can also specify an image to use as an attachment. One idea is to use a small white rectangle as the image so it appears 'invisible'. Another idea is to add a second static photo with forced (psychological or otherwise) outcomes. A third option is to use a 'business card image' to make it easier for them to get in touch with you.
[*] Option to view the text as you write it. This will make it easier for some to get more consistent writing. You can also control the opacity of this text.
[*] Text color of the prediction is completely editable now so you can ensure that it looks just right for your prediction image
[*] CUSTOM SMTP! For the tech-savvy among you there is an option to use your own smtp server to send the email. Not necessary, but a very nice feature for those that want it.
[*] Added a customizable 'softening' feature that allows the writing to blend even better into the final image
[/list]

Very excited about this next release and hope you will be, too. Again, our timetable is to have this released to Apple within the next couple of weeks and then once accepted will be available on the App Store. For those that have shown interest in the app, my thanks. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Will update this thread again when the app is available for download.
Look forward to it. This is a very nice effect.
Wow!! Just bought this and this is great! What an awesome app.

Patrick
[quote]Added a customizable 'softening' feature that allows the writing to blend even better into the final image [/quote]
This.

No matter who I perform this for, they always see that the prediction wasn't written with a pen/pencil and point out that it's pixellated.
I've been getting around this by having the picture be of me holding my iPad up with the iForce Doodle screen open. That way, the pixellated prediction is warranted since it shows up on the iPad screen.
All of this has been smoothed out and softened. Along with a fully customizable RGB color palette it shouldn't be an issue regardless of how high (or low) res your initial photos are.
[quote]On Dec 2, 2014, Revel Rob wrote:
[quote]Added a customizable 'softening' feature that allows the writing to blend even better into the final image [/quote]
This.

No matter who I perform this for, they always see that the prediction wasn't written with a pen/pencil and point out that it's pixellated.
I've been getting around this by having the picture be of me holding my iPad up with the iForce Doodle screen open. That way, the pixellated prediction is warranted since it shows up on the iPad screen. [/quote]

THAT IS BRILLIANT!
When are we likely to see the update. Seems to have taken an age (I know, the best things come to he who waits!!)
I certainly apologize for the delay in getting this version out. We were almost finished with all the features when iOS 8 dropped and we had to make quite a few changes to keep it working correctly, then we had to finalize the features, do all of the regression testing and finally get it submitted to Apple.

As of right now, we're hoping to have this submitted to Apple within the next week and from there the approval process should be fairly quick. Historically, for us, it's never taken more than 2 days for approval.

So again, to all those who are waiting, my apologies, but it shouldn't be long now.

And Dynamix, you're right, Revel Rob's idea is excellent.
Hi Steven,

I recently switched from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 6. A problem I encountered is that I could no longer use this app because I couldn't bypass the fake lock screen pictured here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2343344/Photo%20Dec%2005%2C%2012%2036%2046%20AM.png

Pressing the blank box at the bottom left corner of the screen no longer does anything. This problem must have been introduced with the release of iOS 8 because I noticed that I am having the exact same issue with the fake lock screen on iPredict+ as well: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2343344/Photo%20Dec%2005%2C%2012%2035%2033%20AM.png

In the meantime my workaround was to delete the app and reinstall it. Thankfully I can continue using the app as long as I don't enable the fake lock screen again. Hopefully you're already aware of this issue and it will be addressed in the next update.

Thank you for your continued support on this amazing app, it's been serving me well! :)
Desiring to update ... the wait is still long.
Regards
App has been submitted to Apple and we are waiting for the green light.
This is looking more and more amazing. Great job!

Steven, any updates on the Android version?
As soon as we get this version approved by Apple we're going back to work on the Android version. No timetable yet because we don't know exactly how much work will be involved in getting these apps cross-platform compatible but I don't anticipate any major setbacks. A wild and best guess would be summer '15. If the wheels fall off and nothing works right it could be as long as 12 months but I'm optimistic it will be substantially sooner than that.
Today the application is not working.
Am I the only does that?
Regards
[quote]On Dec 26, 2014, jcss wrote:
Today the application is not working.
Am I the only does that?
Regards [/quote]
Just tried mine and it's working fine.

What's taking Apple so long? :-)
Therefore I do not me is working. I use iPhone 6 and Istock help from an iPhone 4 and also an ipad ios 8. It does not work. Get a message that says (upload failed). Any help?
Just got back from New York and saw this.

Apple is still reviewing the app but they have suspended operations over the holidays so when they resume the approval process hopefully we will be in progress or near the top of the list. Jcss, iOS 8 updates are part of this build being reviewed by Apple. Many people have been able to use iOS 8 devices but it has been inconsistent for others. If you're using iOS 8 and are experiencing problems, then hold on until the next update. Apologies for the inconvenience.
You know approximate date of when it will be available? Thanks for the reply.
Apple doesn't provide that information. Once it goes in for approval, I just wait until they say 'yea' or 'nay'. The holiday sabbatical makes predicting a specific date even more difficult but when they resume operations, I don't think it will be too long.
Still no news from Apple?
I'm also checking 6 times a day if the update is already available. :-(
That is 7 times too often per day... wait... I have my limitations...
No response?
This must be the longest update ever :-) Should be worth it thou.
Does anyone know what is going on with this app? As far as I can see it no longer appears on the App Store !
Well I think that Steven should say something.
Maybe he sold it to Copperfield :)
[quote]On Jan 23, 2015, Phil J. wrote:
Does anyone know what is going on with this app? As far as I can see it no longer appears on the App Store ! [/quote]
OK, I've just checked again and it's back on the APP store. Maybe it was just a glitch. Either way I think Steve should give us an update on the er...update! :-)
I really want this update as well but I am sure Steve will be releasing it soon!
A few days ago Steven wrote in another thread that he has to go to hospital because of his back. I think that is the reason why he doesn't response here.
All the best to you Steve. Get well soon!
[quote]On Jan 23, 2015, Chester Sass wrote:
A few days ago Steven wrote in another thread that he has to go to hospital because of his back. [/quote]
Yea, I just saw this post. Sounds painful. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Do any of you add a message to the email? Would you mind sharing ideas for text?
I'm having problems with the text in the message saving. Anyone else have this problem?
What kind of problem?
It doesn't save when I exit to app. It resets.
Are you getting the two white dots?
Yes
Scott, I know that it may be a dump question, but as a former IT supporter I have to ask this obvious question:
After you've altered the text did you click on SAVE in the upper right corner, or did you just hit BACK?
No problems with my phone here.
My apologies for the lengthy absence. I'm back now and semi-ambulatory.

Sean, I almost re-injured myself laughing from your post... not cool, dude :)

Scott, something that has bitten me in the past is that I'll change something in settings and then click 'back' instead of 'save'. If you just click 'back' then the new content won't save. Hopefully, the problem isn't something more sinister. [EDIT] Chester beat me to it.

Status Update:
On Wednesday of last week we were rejected by Apple for something VERY minor which we fixed and resubmitted the following day, on Thursday of last week. Given the speed at which they process the "do-overs" I strongly suspect approval within the next day or two at most. I can't apologize more profusely for the delays. No one wants this thing released more than I do.

Here is a list of final features that made it into this build:

[list]
[*] Fully iOS 8 compatible
[*] Custom SMTP capability so emails are actually being generated from your mail account (this is optional, you do not HAVE to use a custom smtp account)
[*] Added a '2 second delay' to 'submit image on:' option in addition to the 5 and 10 second delays. This is my preferred setting and think that most of you will like this one too.
[*] Custom attachment may be included if desired; this could be a white square which would be invisible or another image that works with your presentation
[*] Text may be viewed while writing the secret information and the opacity of this text is controllable. For me, my neatness has dramatically increased when you can actually view the writing. Particularly helpful with the confederate app.
[*] Final text color is is editable with full RGB values
[*] 'Softening Level' feature has been added to allow the text to blend better into the final image.
[*] All text has been further smoothed for an even more polished finished image. One effect of this is, you know how certain rounded letters can look somewhat angular? Not anymore.
[*] Final image is automatically placed in camera roll so in the event the user can't get their email, you can still show the picture as a success. I've never had to use this yet, but when something doesn't work right I'll be glad it's there.
[*] Email screen actually looks like an email screen and I've been having users type in their own email address because it's quicker than having them dictate it and everything looks above board
[*] Up to 3 email addresses can be entered on the email screen
[*] Numerous other smaller fixes and enhancements
[/list]

I've used the SMTP feature on about 12 different email accounts of different types with different providers. Each provider has different settings and security rules which may require specific tweaks to your settings. To save time for those of you that will be using the SMTP feature, here are some helpful tips that I learned the hard way:
[list]
[*] Port Number: will nearly always be either 25, 587 or 465. Most commonly it's 587 with the SSL (security) switch ON. If using port 25, and less commonly 465 (which is a legacy port not used much anymore) then the SSL switch is normally turned OFF.
[*] SMTP Server Name: The most common problem here is that people enter their POP server name or other mail server. Check with your ISP to make sure you know which server is being used for SMTP
[*] Username: this will be the full email address and not just the username
[*] Password: not much to say about this one. It IS case-sensitive, as per usual
[*] SSL: This sets up two way encrypted communication (SMTPS, for the techie types). Please read the advice above under 'Port Number' for more info on this setting
[*] Some providers require the 'reply to' address be of the same domain as the originating account. In other words, if I use stevenkeyl@gmail.com for the smtp settings but the 'reply to' address is set to stevenkeyl@somethingelse.com then it may generate an error and not work. Check with your ISP for their security rules on this. I always keep these addresses the same to avoid any potential problem.
[/list]

Not being fully up to snuff, I don't know how often I'll be checking back here but I'll try to do so a bit more consistently. Thanks for all the support and hopefully it will be out directly.
Good to see you back on board! I hope you are fine and I'm really looking forward that update.
[quote]On Jan 26, 2015, Chester Sass wrote:
Scott, I know that it may be a dump question, but as a former IT supporter I have to ask this obvious question:
After you've altered the text did you click on SAVE in the upper right corner, or did you just hit BACK?
No problems with my phone here. [/quote]

I definitely am saving the text I type in. All other parameters are saving except the text. Please help.
All,

Another issue I'm having that I'd like some help with. In attempting to change the prediction photo, I assume the green frame has to fit on the entire paper that I'm holding. However, even when zoomed out as far as I can I find I can't get my whole self in the picture. Am I doing something wrong?
My photo is myself holding a marker pen and standing next to an A-frame whiteboard. The final prediction looks very convincing.
Version 1.2 is now live in the UK App store!

Great work Stephen. You are a top man for creating something I actually use :)
Live in the US too! Unfortunately, the Validate button has a typo. Isn't it always something?
Ahh! It's Christmas again! Version 1.2 is great!
Awesome job Steve!
[quote]On Jan 28, 2015, Josh Clarke wrote:
Live in the US too! Unfortunately, the Validate button has a typo. Isn't it always something? [/quote]

Come on dude, the spec doesn't see it and it doesn't affect the working at all. A lot of work goes into these things and Steven has done a fantastic job with this update.

The writing now looks much more realistic and is integrated with the photo seamlessly.

Used solo this is an incredible effect. Used with a helper it's an absolute miracle.
I am still having same problems I mentioned on the previous page with the new update. This app has great potential, but not if it does not do what I need it to do. Can anyone suggest a fix for the problem that I am having saving the text that I type into the field? Does the link need to be in a certain position?
[quote]On Jan 28, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:
Live in the US too! Unfortunately, the Validate button has a typo. Isn't it always something? [/quote]

Come on dude, the spec doesn't see it and it doesn't affect the working at all. A lot of work goes into these things and Steven has done a fantastic job with this update.

The writing now looks much more realistic and is integrated with the photo seamlessly.

Used solo this is an incredible effect. Used with a helper it's an absolute miracle. [/quote]
Sorry, I wasn't bashing Steven or his app. I was trying to point out the error humorously. I just think it's funny with all the work put into the app that one letter was left out of a word. I love the app and will be using it a lot more now because the update is so good.
[quote]On Jan 28, 2015, Scott Kahn wrote:
I am still having same problems I mentioned on the previous page with the new update. This app has great potential, but not if it does not do what I need it to do. Can anyone suggest a fix for the problem that I am having saving the text that I type into the field? Does the link need to be in a certain position? [/quote]
Have you tried uninstalling the app and installing it again?
Josh, I must be blind because I don't see a typo. Where is it?

Scott, a couple of ideas here. Way back in the early part of development there were issues with certain special characters being misinterpreted and messing up the output. Can you try a simple test like 'hello world' (without the single quotes) to see if you can get the text to update. It's possible if you're using certain characters or symbols that it may generate an internal error and not update the text appropriately. If that doesn't work, Josh's idea is a good one, try totally uninstalling/reinstalling the app. If none of that works, I can try an internal code review to figure out situations where it might not update properly but at that point we're getting into needle and haystack territory but I'm certainly willing to spend the time to check it.
The update is great! Thanks Steven. I can also see the typo, which doesn't bother me at all.
Now it would be great to see the accomplice tool on android, because my wife went from iPhone to Xperia Z. :eek:
[quote]On Jan 28, 2015, Steven Keyl wrote:
Josh, I must be blind because I don't see a typo. Where is it?[/quote]
Validate is missing an A on the first screen.
Chester, now that this version is out, it's full steam ahead on Android!

I have the A on my version, which was the final build version before we released it to Apple, which means one of my developers must have inadvertently took it out between the last version I was sent and the version submitted to Apple! Pity.
Will there be an update to the 'HELP APP' so that the assistant gets the benefit of visible writing.

Also, can anyone explain the 'Attachment' option?

Thanks.
Thanks for all the suggestions. The word 'test' saved and sent. I do think it may be symbol related.
Update. I wonder if it's the exclamation point. The most recent messages seem to be saving. I am hopeful to try this out soon. So much potential. Now I just have to figure out a way to get me prediction picture centered correctly.
Phil, with the attachment option you can send something else with the prediction.
I attached my business card right now. So the person that gets my message doesn't only have my email but also all the other contact information.
Chester, thanks for that. Good thinking.
IT'S WORKING!!!!! Thank you all for your help. I cannot wait to try this out. What are you all using for you prediction photo?
Looks great!
Phil, both apps were submitted at the same time so the helper app should be approved directly.
[quote]On Jan 28, 2015, Steven Keyl wrote:
Phil, both apps were submitted at the same time so the helper app should be approved directly. [/quote]
Oakey Dokey. I'll keep an eye out for it.
Anyone having problems with the helper app?? I keep getting a "upload failed" message when trying to send the image via confederate mode from my Any suggestions?
I get the same problem. I don't know but I'd hazard a guess and say you need to wait for the update which is due any day now.
Hi Steven, I cant seem to get the gmail smtp setting to work. I think I am getting blocked.. and suggestions?
Ah, nevermind! Got it. If anyone is having gmail problems.. its this.

SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port: 587
SSL Protocol: OFF
TLS Protocol: ON
SMTP Username: (your Gmail username)
SMTP Password: (your Gmail password)

then this: https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
Congratulations on your recovery. I'm testing and Assistant stock help does not work. I get an upload error message. Help please
The helper app hasn't been approved by Apple yet. The old version (1.1) of the helper app does NOT work with the new app just released. We submitted them at the same time so it's a little surprising the delay has been this long. Typically, they are released within minutes of one another. I've just checked again and it's still marked 'Waiting for Review' meaning it hasn't been rejected and is still somewhere in the queue.

That's all the info I have. Shouldn't be long though.
Ok. Thank you...
[quote]On Jan 28, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:

Used solo this is an incredible effect. Used with a helper it's an absolute miracle. [/quote]
Sorry, I wasn't bashing Steven or his app. I was trying to point out the error humorously. I just think it's funny with all the work put into the app that one letter was left out of a word. I love the app and will be using it a lot more now because the update is so good. [/quote]

Good man :)
Help! I can't make this work with smtp. Any help?
Custom SMTP is really something that you need to check with your provider on how they do things. On the last page I listed some items that are most likely to cause issues, I'll repost it here:

[quote]On Jan 26, 2015, Steven Keyl wrote:

I've used the SMTP feature on about 12 different email accounts of different types with different providers. Each provider has different settings and security rules which may require specific tweaks to your settings. To save time for those of you that will be using the SMTP feature, here are some helpful tips that I learned the hard way:
[list]
[*] Port Number: will nearly always be either 25, 587 or 465. Most commonly it's 587 with the SSL (security) switch ON. If using port 25, and less commonly 465 (which is a legacy port not used much anymore) then the SSL switch is normally turned OFF.
[*] SMTP Server Name: The most common problem here is that people enter their POP server name or other mail server. Check with your ISP to make sure you know which server is being used for SMTP
[*] Username: this will be the full email address and not just the username
[*] Password: not much to say about this one. It IS case-sensitive, as per usual
[*] SSL: This sets up two way encrypted communication (SMTPS, for the techie types). Please read the advice above under 'Port Number' for more info on this setting
[*] Some providers require the 'reply to' address be of the same domain as the originating account. In other words, if I use stevenkeyl@gmail.com for the smtp settings but the 'reply to' address is set to stevenkeyl@somethingelse.com then it may generate an error and not work. Check with your ISP for their security rules on this. I always keep these addresses the same to avoid any potential problem.
[/list]

[/quote]
All fixed thanks to Steve. Support 100% thanks a lot for your help.
What a GREAT update!!! Well worth the wait!
Maybe it has been covered before, but how can you make sure the message doesn't go to the spectator's spam mailbox?
Josh, the only way to be sure that thIs doesn't happen would be to use your own smtp settings and to have the receiver to add you to his white list.
In other words, if you've never send that person an email beforehand you'll never know how the security setting will react to your email. But I think that 99.5% of our mails we'll go through as long you don't include words like "Viagra, pills, sexy ladies" in your message. ☺
I seem to be having the most trouble with Hotmail users. My email message doesn't say anything; it is just the image. I might just start pre-screening people for the trick. Just a simple, "Who do you use for email?" If they say Hotmail, I'll just say, "That's cool", and not show them the trick.
You should include a subject! A lot of email providers don't like empty subject emails.
I do have a subject.

Anyway, I just had a very strange issue happen. I was emailing myself to test the app and someone else's prediction image was used instead of mine. Whoever uses a small notepad with a Sharpie next to it and predicted the number 41, I received your image. Very strange.
Lol Josh, was the sharpie Japanese?
[quote]On Jan 31, 2015, weapon wrote:
Lol Josh, was the sharpie Japanese? [/quote]
I'm not sure. Unfortunately, I deleted it.
I have a feeling it was mine lol. Strange lol
I had an amazing idea today. What if Steven and Gui (the creator of Photo Prediction) made an app together? The spectator could pick a card and a number, word, etc. and the email would contain a picture of that card with the number, word, etc. written on it!
That would be getting into the realms of 'Email Wizard', which unfortunately was sold to David Copperfield.
I guess I'll just have to force a card then.
I am still randomly receiving other people's prediction images while testing the app. This is weird.
This is a new one! We're currently looking at the issue. In the meantime, if it happens again send the image to stevenkeyl@keylenterprises.com. I apologize for the issue but we'll get it worked out.
[quote]On Feb 2, 2015, Steven Keyl wrote:
This is a new one! We're currently looking at the issue. In the meantime, if it happens again send the image to stevenkeyl@keylenterprises.com. I apologize for the issue but we'll get it worked out. [/quote]
I emailed you a couple of images. I'm trying to see if I can recreate the issue.
I won't expose too much but I have been using this with a M-deck.
Spectator shuffles.. Deals to any number. Once they stop I get the info.. Do the dirty work. When they open the email that was sent before the deck was in play they find the card written on my white board something like. 5 H
For five if hearts.

Very killer.
Also Steven.. Would it be even possible to have preset feature in the next version?
For example.
You can have 15 premade images of what you would reveal. Something like different countries written. You send the initial email. They name a country then you can touch a certain preset area in your screen to push the image.
It would be awesome.
I hope it makes sense lol
Hello Steve. You know anything about iStock help?
JCSS: if you're having a problem with iStock Help you need to wait for the latest update. It's due any day now.
Emran, preset reveals are a great idea! One issue though is that there are already some GREAT apps out there that do a wonderful job with card reveals. Gui's Photo Prediction comes to mind straight away. I love that app! If we can add preset functionality without sacrificing the core of the current app--which is essentially a modern-day swami gimmick then by all means we can chat about what features it should have and the best way to implement it. It would be a killer feature.

As for iStock help, some bad news... It was rejected yesterday (Monday) by Apple for something silly. We're fixing it today and will resubmit it tomorrow. So it's release is a little further away than we had hoped.
You are right Steven! It would be kinda cool to somehow store some of our ``thumb written messages`` like a index for later use ;)
Anyone having a problem sending the email? Started getting an error message for the last 20 minutes. Tried different email addresses but with no success.
Turned off smtp and now it works! Strange as it worked ok before.
Just had a look at the Servers website and several people have logged complaints about emails not being sent from various mobile devices. Most are attributing it to a smtp failure. So at least we know it's not (or unlikely to be) the app.
Any news on the iStock Help update???
Still awaiting approval.
[quote]On Feb 11, 2015, Steven Keyl wrote:
Still awaiting approval. [/quote]
With two more email apps on the horizon I'd say it's more important than ever to get everything up to date as soon as possible.
What are the 2 email apps you mention.
The confederate app (which is still free) was approved by Apple yesterday.
Today I've noticed is that using smtp work me by sending mails to gmail. But if I send an email to a yahoo account, never reaches the mail... Any advice? does it fix? should I ask before that type of email use? Thank you
Anyone having compatablity issues with the iPad for the confederate app?? Doesn't seem to fit on my screen properly? HELP!!!! Disappointed to say the least.
[quote]On Feb 19, 2015, Scott Kahn wrote:
Anyone having compatablity issues with the iPad for the confederate app?? Doesn't seem to fit on my screen properly? HELP!!!! Disappointed to say the least. [/quote]
I had the same problem. Solved it by deleting the old one and then re-installing.
[quote]On Feb 19, 2015, Phil J. wrote:
[quote]On Feb 19, 2015, Scott Kahn wrote:
Anyone having compatablity issues with the iPad for the confederate app?? Doesn't seem to fit on my screen properly? HELP!!!! Disappointed to say the least. [/quote]
I had the same problem. Solved it by deleting the old one and then re-installing. [/quote]

Tried this. Didn't work. Any other ideas?
Got it working. Apparently it has to be in portrait orientation.
Ah, yes just tried starting it in Landscape and it went funny.
Having a problem with email going to spam to an aol address during testing.
Hoping for a fix as it is not reliable enough for me to consider using it now.

Presets idea is great. I would also like an option where my ugly scribble is converted into typed text. But first, I'd like reliability.
Have you set up the SMTP? This solves some of these problems. Also get the receiver to ad you to his contacts list.

I don't have much of a problem with the spam issue. Everyone has email which gets wrongly sent to the spam box from time to time. Asking a spectator to check their spam box isn't an unusual thing for them to do.
Phil,

I don't know if asking a spectator to add you to his contacts list is either a solution or a practical solution. First, adding you to my iphone contacts is irrelevant in terms of determining spam. The service provider's system determines the spam, not the contacts list in the phone. If you mean for them to add you to the list of people not to block from within the service provider's site, well...that's just insanity.

But, to play along, yes, I have frequent contacts with my wife and my emails are getting sent to her spam folder. I didn't set up the SMTP. I'll look into it. Thanks.
When I add a photo from camera roll, whether cropped or not, it changes the aspect ratio and squeezes the picture. I'd like a fix for that, or at least clarification on the size I should crop to.

Also, I'd like to be able to adjust where the print shows up within the photo from my library. I'm finding it challenging to create an acceptable photo beyond the default, as a photo with both my face and a piece of white paper is nearly impossible to create if the text always winds up in the center of the photo.

In other words, I'd like to be able to drag the green box around the frame, and possibly even resize it. I would also like a green box to appear when choosing a photo from the camera roll.
[quote]On Mar 21, 2015, Phil J. wrote:
Have you set up the SMTP? This solves some of these problems. Also get the receiver to ad you to his contacts list.

I don't have much of a problem with the spam issue. Everyone has email which gets wrongly sent to the spam box from time to time. Asking a spectator to check their spam box isn't an unusual thing for them to do. [/quote]

I set up the SMTP. Seems to be the solution. Thanks.
When I said add to contacts I should have clarified by saying email contacts not phone contacts. But glad you got it sorted.
I have several issues with this app:
1. When I have a contact with more than 1 email address it always uses the first address, even if I choose the 2nd or third one.
2. Since several days I can't send any mails anymore, sometimes it works, but then the recipient does get a mail without the actual image...
Any input?
thanks
H
Anyone? Any idea how to get help?
Why not contact the developer stevenkeyl@keylenterprises.com.
Will do so, thank you Phil!
Just saw this. Quick responses are:

1) We'll add this to the fixes for the next release
2) After running the web services through their paces everything seems to be working. I can see in the server that other people have been using it as well. If the image doesn't appear it can be because the phone that's rendering the email doesn't automatically render the image (not very common). Another possibility is that the place you're sending the email might have firewalls or additional security that may strip out the link. Without more details it will be difficult to track this down. Am more than happy to work with you on this and Phil is right that the email address above is probably the best place to continue this conversation. If you continue to have trouble please send me an email and we can get it resolved.
Thank you Steven, will try to gather all info and send you an email! cheers, H
[quote]On Mar 21, 2015, Robvs wrote:

Also, I'd like to be able to adjust where the print shows up within the photo from my library. I'm finding it challenging to create an acceptable photo beyond the default, as a photo with both my face and a piece of white paper is nearly impossible to create if the text always winds up in the center of the photo.

In other words, I'd like to be able to drag the green box around the frame, and possibly even resize it. I would also like a green box to appear when choosing a photo from the camera roll. [quote]

This is my MAJOR problem with this app. Until this is fixed I will continue to use the default photo.
I love the app, minus the aforementioned flaws. I would also like to add that I'd love to see the email screen more closely resemble the real one so that the spectator can type the email address in himself. There's nothing more annoying than trying to run a smooth presentation when your spectator says his address is "rbz underscore z0o0l forward slash blah blah blah @ I can't spell your company.com."

Annoying. Also, the email screen does not react like the typical one too, in terms of what happens when you try to type, try to erase, and what happens when you click send.

I'd like it to appear as though I loaded a pic from my camera roll into an outgoing email. The spectator can see the very top of my head from the attached pic. And then the process appears genuine and reacts genuine as they type their address. Would be really cool if they could click send and then it's completely hands off if working with a confederate. In other words, after they click save maybe the appropriate dummy screen appears.
Just noticed that the password screen doesn't work with iOS 8.3 on my iPhone 6.
Josh, thanks for the info. We're working an update for 8.3 now.
The Notes app in iOS 9 lets you draw on your notes. Perfect for the prediction image ...
[quote]On Apr 9, 2015, Josh Clarke wrote:
Just noticed that the password screen doesn't work with iOS 8.3 on my iPhone 6. [/quote]

Hi, same problem with iOS 9 on the iPhone 6+. 😕
Is there a code we can put on our website that would show the prediction image?
PWRIS, we had fixed this in 8.3 a while back and the developers are currently looking at a fix for iOS 9. I apologize for any inconvenience. Josh, right now, that can only be done as a manual process. I know of at least one performer that sends the prediction to all the phones in the audience. It's blocked very well so there is little to no chance of things going amiss. To achieve this, you would need to send the prediction to an assistant's email who would take the link of the image and update your site. In a closeup setting, without an assistant, it can't be done without scripting a custom solution.
Hi Steven, Thanks with Apple updating their system every five minutes it must be very frustrating for you guys.
Would have liked to have seen some suggestions implemented by now. Mainly, I'd like the app to look like and respond like the real mail app once it's launched so that the spectator can type in their own email address.

New suggestion: Create a way to have preselected sentences sent to the person's inbox. Rather than a swami-like function, allow a "grid-like" function of choosing something on the screen to send. This would allow for "free will" type of effects but with genuine predictions being sent after the fact.
Most of the ideas previously listed have been implemented. The only ones not included are concepts that are too big and would cost too much. Also, not sure what the disconnect is here as I have my specs type their own email address in every time I use the app. Given the ubiquity of mail programs available for every different type of device, I've never had someone say, "This doesn't look exactly like the default mail app that comes with the iPhone!"

It looks like a mail app and no one has ever voiced any skepticism that it is other than what it appears to be.

I love the new suggestions and something else I'd love to do is add picture capability. Photo Prediction is an app that does most of this except for the emailing part. Combining these two ideas together would be a lot of fun to pursue. The biggest problem as always is ROI.
Many have complained that they'd like this app to look like and respond like the real iOS mail app once it's launched so that the spectator can type in their own email address. Here an idea for all of you to try. Begin by launching your iOS mail application. Open a new message and hand the phone to the spectator to type in their email address. When they hand the phone back tell them you are going to send them a brief message with a picture attached but they are not to open it yet. Under this guise, touch their address and then click "select all" then "copy." Close the iOS mail application by pressing the home button and then launch the 21st Century Prediction app. Select "email." Touch and hold the To: box and then select "Paste" to paste their email in. Send. Problem solved.

You're welcome!!!!

Scott Kahn
Any update on an android version?
I tried running this app recently after not using it for a long time and I'm encountering an issue which is preventing me from using it. When I open the app it presents me with a Login screen that required a password. I recall there is no actual password and that in order to bypass this screen you just tap the blank box at the bottom left hand corner of the screen; however, that action no longer seems to do anything -- hence I cannot access the settings/features. I'm using an iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.5. Is there a solution/workaround for this issue? I can't recall whether or not there's an option to disable the Login screen within the settings and if this feature can be turned off. If I delete and reinstall the app can I continue to use it as normal or will I still encounter this problem?
Phatmeat, sorry about that issue. For some reason, iOS made a fix that broke that function so yes you can uninstall/reinstall and everything should work fine, but don't turn on the login screen.
Steven,

Awesome app. Thanks for all you do.

Patrick Wallace
Thanks, Patrick!
I have been using this app off and on for a while now, but for some reason the images are no longer coming through on the emails that the spectator receives. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Anyone else having this issue?
Any update on Android
Does this still work well with IOS 11 ?
Daniel, I'm not sure what the problem is, but as far as I know no one else is experiencing that issue. Send me an email offline and we can troubleshoot further if you're still having issues.

ursmagicbalu, the news on Android isn't good. Doesn't look like the port over to Android is going to happen. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

magicphill, iOS11 is fine, but there seems to be a problem with the large screen of the iPhoneX. If you have an iPhoneX then don't buy it until we can assess the situation.
App is no longer on the app store?
[quote]On Aug 26, 2018, Magic Patrick wrote:
App is no longer on the app store? [/quote]

The application does not open on my Iphone x ... Any answers?
Regards
The application does not open on my Iphone x ... Any answers?
Regards
It is no longer on the app store because it doesn't currently support iPhone X. Working on an update.
Any news of when this will come out again?
Any news???
Will the app we bought ever work again?
The developer is not going to give any response ???
[quote]On Oct 2, 2018, Steven Keyl wrote:
It is no longer on the app store because it doesn't currently support iPhone X. Working on an update. [/quote]

some answer? We do not know anything since October 2018
Sorry, jcss. Just noticed this now. This forum is not regularly monitored as this isn't designed as a support forum. For fastest response, you can always ping me at: steven.keyl@keylenterprises.com

In any event, the news isn't good. I've gone back and forth with Apple and in order to get this to work with the current version of iOS, it would require expensive changes that I can't make right now, because I just don't have the money. There are only a few apps that really work from a financial perspective and this isn't one of them. I've never made my money back on my initial investment of the app. Which is fine, because the app was first and foremost something that I thought the community might use and enjoy. But at this point, I can't put any more money into this project, so at least for the time being, it's going to sit on the shelf. Might it come back at some point? Certainly, but when that might be I couldn't say. It won't be anytime soon.

My apologies to any and all that are affected by this news, and I wish you the best.

Steven
Hmm. I seem to remember you giving me an aweful lot of grief when I shut down one of my apps, which just so happened to be the app you copied for this one. “I’ll never buy an app from you again” is what I believe you stated on here. I gave refunds, will you?
Your arrogance in claiming some sort of equivalence between our actions shows just how perverse your moral sense is.

As for me, my app wasn't commercially successful, but it was used by a surprising number of performers that related stories to me about how it worked for them in both close-up and stage settings. I never made my initial development cost back but kept it running at a loss for several years before being unable to continue. I did this because I care about the community and wanted to make something that performers could use.

You, on the other hand, ran your app for a few months and then had the opportunity to sell it to an exclusive buyer, knowing you were hanging your customers out to dry--but you didn't care. You were chasing the almighty dollar... and good for you.

Your attempt at creating some form of equivalency here is ludicrous. I've stated before I'll never buy another app from you again, and I never will. You don't give a rat's ass about your customers, and they know it. If others feel the same way about me, that's their prerogative. I've been as up front as I possibly can, I've dealt with people ethically, and I stand by my actions, and I'm pleased to have been able to provide something of value to the community for as long as I was able.

And as for refunds, I've offered refunds to every customer that has ever asked for one.
So you just deciding to just stop supporting your app is somehow better? Yeah right. That’s not very caring. Other developers have managed to keep their apps up to date.

You stole someone else’s idea, didn’t give credit, and then denied it. How’s that for moral sense.

Seeya
I'm sorry about what happened but I do not pay to pay for applications and then stop working.
[quote]On Apr 20, 2019, Steven Keyl wrote:
I'm sorry about what happened but I do not pay to pay for applications and then stop working.

Sorry, jcss. Just noticed this now. This forum is not regularly monitored as this isn't designed as a support forum. For fastest response, you can always ping me at: steven.keyl@keylenterprises.com

In any event, the news isn't good. I've gone back and forth with Apple and in order to get this to work with the current version of iOS, it would require expensive changes that I can't make right now, because I just don't have the money. There are only a few apps that really work from a financial perspective and this isn't one of them. I've never made my money back on my initial investment of the app. Which is fine, because the app was first and foremost something that I thought the community might use and enjoy. But at this point, I can't put any more money into this project, so at least for the time being, it's going to sit on the shelf. Might it come back at some point? Certainly, but when that might be I couldn't say. It won't be anytime soon.

My apologies to any and all that are affected by this news, and I wish you the best.

Steven [/quote]
This is a bummer. It appears as I may be a couple years too late.
As for jcss, there’s a difference. I agree, if you buy an app and then that app no longer recieves updates and becomes useless. Makes it difficult to want to buy any other apps from that creator. But if a creator is upfront and honest with you about their products. And why they no longer receive updates, I think there’s a lot to be appreciated there. Alan Rorrison told me for over two years that “any dice” was getting an update and that it was pending. He made countless excuses and even attempted to call me a liar at one point. But, when in fact there was never such an update pending for that app. Or when another developer ( Gui ) tells you that he has an update pending on another product, and should be ready within a couple of weeks. But again, nothing comes of it after a couple of months .

The last two examples I gave are from my own personal experiences with two separate creators promising similar results. But couldn’t deliver on their word. That’s what you call bad business. And people should steer far away from those type of people when it comes to buying products. Now compare that to what Steven has done. Which is the complete opposite. Steven has come back to this forum and answered your question and was extremely honest with you about the product. Which he didn’t have to do in my opinion. I respect that. And can say that if he chooses to release any other apps, I will have no concerns about buying them . Simply Because he has clearly displayed the type of customer supper that I, myself, as a customer expect and hope for.
. So Steven, if you read this my friend, I want you to know that you have my full support in any product you release or choose to come back to . I will be on that long list of future customers.
Thanks, Lonnie! Your support is deeply appreciated. And thanks to those that reached out via PM for their support as well. Cheers, everyone.