(Close Window)
Topic: Blink from jbmagic
Hi guys have any of you got this. the video of it looks great and was wondering if any of you guys could review it. the video is on http://www.jbtv.co.uk look under cards for blink.

Whoops I wrote that a bit wrong...i was wondering if any of you guys have the trick and could review it...(didn't want it to read as though I was commanding any of you guys to buy it.... :bg: ) d'oh
Yes I have it. It was the first card gimmick that I ever bought. I could do some basic sleights and I saw it and thought that it was great.

I haven't used it since I learnt to do it without a gimmick. I picked up Daryl's video on colour changes and that set me off. I find it preferable to be able to do it without gimmicks because then I can do it whenever and using any cards, as opposed to only changing the QH to 9S.

If you are just getting into magic then I think it is useful and will give you some performing experience, but if you can do the sleight of hand necessary to do it without then it is a bit of a waste.

Personally if you asked me I would suggest getting a video on colour changes and start learning that way, but you didn't so I won't. :)
Thanks for the advice. I'll look into the daryl videos.
I agree completely. I think a snap-change or even a shapeshifter looks just as magical, but withut a gimmick.
just a note to say if anyone uses this or any other simalar hinged effects if you work in very hot countrys as I do (the canarys) it is best to store these things in your fridge as it prolongs the life of the rubber, same applies with banded coins etc. After 3 months in the heat I found it better to work gaff free where possible. :sun: