(Close Window)
Topic: Magical way to distribute tokens for prizes?
During my kid show, I distribute paper tokens that all the children trade for prizes at the end (thereby buying me a minute to pack up without prying hands!).

I'm trying to come up with a fun, magical way to make the tokens appear. Til now, I've used the Don Alan Egg Can, in which a can of "raw egg" is turned upside down on a kid's head, and the contents magically transform, but this is a little harsh for some groups.

Would love any ideas from out there - maybe a treasure hunt? a guessing game? Something beyond the usual change bag. Looking for something that involves 1-3 kids.
You might want to check out the "Merry Christmas Carousel" in The Wizards' Journal #15. It doesn't have to be themed for Christmas - it's a carousel where the kids win "brass rings" that are printed on blank faced playing cards. It's like a Wheel of Fortune where the kids just can't lose no matter what.
Misers Dream where the coins transform into tokens.
Jim: that sounds great. I'll check out the routine.

Jay: Thought about that type of Miser production, but I already do it with coins in another context. Maybe I need to give it further thought...

Thinking about a "magic mail carrier" bit where a kid wears a cap and bag and magically "delivers" an envelope full of tickets to a "mailbox" (drawer box). But still hoping to pick brains for ideas!