(Close Window)
Topic: Blackpool releases for 2014
Are there any new releases that will be at Blackpool in a couple of weeks that have not already been mentioned ?
Yes there are. They are surprises for a reason and shan't be discussed here. I used "shan't " because Blackpool is in England.
Cutts, You crack me up!
Drowning boy: "I will drown; no one shall save me!"

Pedantic school teacher: "Well then, you shall drown and I will not save you."

Boy drowns: teacher goes home to write lesson plan on the prescriptivist distinction.

:)
[quote]
On 2014-01-30 00:14, Tom Cutts wrote:
Yes there are. They are surprises for a reason and shan't be discussed here. I used "shan't " because Blackpool is in England.
[/quote]

Don't Americans use 'shan't'?
We have a new utility coming out, I'll be wearing one all weekend, I use it at every gig and in casual situations.

I can't say more about what it is but every magician could use one of these.

I think we will only have about 40-50 made by Blackpool so come and check it out on the first day.
[quote]
On 2014-01-30 02:39, Saturn Magic wrote:
We have a new utility coming out, I'll be wearing one all weekend, I use it at every gig and in casual situations.

I can't say more about what it is but every magician could use one of these.

I think we will only have about 40-50 made by Blackpool so come and check it out on the first day.
[/quote]

Wow! so Depends finally make kit to the U.K.!
I believe Paul Daniel's is coming out with a 4 DVD set.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jan 30, 2014 09:24AM)
This year at the Dark Pond is big for me as I will be releasing OHM 2. I will have Revolver and the new Timeless version of Eclipse there for the first time too.

Christopher
[quote]
On 2014-01-30 10:24, Christopher Taylor wrote:
This year at the Dark Pond is big for me as I will be releasing OHM 2. I will have Revolver and the new Timeless version of Eclipse there for the first time too.
Christopher
[/quote]
any detail about ohm2?
Hiya all!

Bigblindmedia will have early stock for some new releases at the 2014 Blackpool Convention. we have:

Kneill X's 'The Last Prediction' - a self working, uber impossible Open Prediction.
Scott Thomson's 'Aurora - Modern Card Flourishing' DVD - some insane card flourishes from one of the UK's finest Cardistry proponents.
Liam Montier's 'The Double Lift Project' DVD - a MASSIVE project looking at anything and everything to do with the double lift. Techniques, tricks, tips - the full works!!

may have some other surprises too - all depends on manufacturers. HA!

Come say 'Hi' if you're attending. I will be on the stall with Liam Montier for the entire convention. Feel free to bring us soya latte's and nice biscuits. :)
[quote]
On 2014-01-30 11:52, ozman wrote:
Hiya all!

Bigblindmedia will have early stock for some new releases at the 2014 Blackpool Convention. we have:

Kneill X's 'The Last Prediction' - a self working, uber impossible Open Prediction.
Scott Thomson's 'Aurora - Modern Card Flourishing' DVD - some insane card flourishes from one of the UK's finest Cardistry proponents.
Liam Montier's 'The Double Lift Project' DVD - a MASSIVE project looking at anything and everything to do with the double lift. Techniques, tricks, tips - the full works!!

may have some other surprises too - all depends on manufacturers. HA!

Come say 'Hi' if you're attending. I will be on the stall with Liam Montier for the entire convention. Feel free to bring us soya latte's and nice biscuits. :)
[/quote]
these big one move projects are great I have the elmsley and cullfather ones. so I will be picking up liams next dvd and that last prediction thing sounds pretty cool. I also would like to know more abut this saturn magic utility
I think the idea of blackpool releases is that they are exclusive to that place...so I don't think you can expect much detail on here, before their exclusive release(s)...otherwise, its not entirely fair on Blackpool is it...
[quote]
On 2014-01-30 11:52, ozman wrote:
[/quote]

They're called stroopwaffles, dammit! ;)
I will have a small thing on rsvp stall come and see cant wait to Blackpool also there will be some awesome new releases from will Houston and john carry come by just to say hi

k
Message: Posted by: disgruntledpuffin (Jan 30, 2014 03:08PM)
Can I please be there to see Liams reaction if someone brings him a drink that isn't coke?
Message: Posted by: disgruntledpuffin (Jan 30, 2014 03:10PM)
[quote]

[/quote]

Can I please be there to see Liams reaction if someone brings him a drink that isn't coke?
All I can say in regards to Blackpool, as its going to be awesome! I have seen first hand, many upcoming releases from BIGBLINDMEDIA....and it is ALL killer material that I currently use in my sets. Keep an eye out for them..big stuff underway!
Risk4 Will also be available at Blackpool release:
http://youtu.be/GvqQQQktw00

Best regards,
Titanas
Looks great brother! See you soon!
[quote]
On 2014-01-31 06:57, Titanas wrote:

Best regards,
Titanas
[/quote]

Will you be there, hope so we could have a few beers, but I doubt the food would be as good.

I still remember that bar in Greece I can't recall what it was we ate but it was very good!
[quote]
On 2014-01-30 12:59, IAIN wrote:
I think the idea of blackpool releases is that they are exclusive to that place...so I don't think you can expect much detail on here, before their exclusive release(s)...otherwise, its not entirely fair on Blackpool is it...
[/quote]

I don't think exclusive means embargoed.
[quote]
On 2014-01-31 07:17, Saturn Magic wrote:
[quote]

Best regards,
Titanas
[/quote]

Will you be there, hope so we could have a few beers, but I doubt the food would be as good.

I still remember that bar in Greece I can't recall what it was we ate but it was very good!
[/quote]

I am always there Mark :)
Beer it is then, yeah that food in Greece was awesome!
Thought Transmitter Pro by John Cornelius

The Worker's Dream wallet by Harry Robson

Tony
Marvelous-fx well be launching

The Quantum Casket
The Marvelous Wonder Phone
The Marvelous Pencyclopedia

As well as two other bits of fun
[quote]

Best regards,
Titanas
[/quote]
This looks cool and I loved the trailer voice for the car animation
[quote]
On 2014-01-30 05:48, Doomo wrote:

Wow! so Depends finally make kit to the U.K.!
[/quote]

I don't think anybody got his one
[quote]
On 2014-02-01 04:59, Tony Curtis wrote:
Thought Transmitter Pro by John Cornelius

The Worker's Dream wallet by Harry Robson

Tony
[/quote]

TT pro is a major step back. Save your money on this
[quote]

Christopher
[/quote]

Christopher,

I have your regular version of Eclipse. I was thinking of getting the Timeless version. How many coins in total can the Timeless coin purse/wallet hold?

Michael
Message: Posted by: SubconsciousSymbols (Feb 1, 2014 08:26AM)
Care to elaborate on why TTPro is a major step back magicbyswh?

I just watched the trailer on his website and it looks like it works as advertised. I think you can have them place their card back in, beneath another card?!, then they can close the wallet and put the elastic band on it. Then you get your p**k through an opaque, closed wallet!

I will hold off until I see it live at Blackpool but I would love to hear your thoughts.

Aw
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Feb 1, 2014 10:24AM)
[quote]

Christopher,

I have your regular version of Eclipse. I was thinking of getting the Timeless version. How many coins in total can the Timeless coin purse/wallet hold?

Michael
[/quote]

Michael: I responded to your PM. Cheers,

Christopher
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Feb 1, 2014 10:26AM)
[quote]
On 2014-01-30 11:17, max88 wrote:
[quote]
Christopher
[/quote]
any detail about ohm2?
[/quote]

Max: There are some significant improvements. Sent you a PM.

All the best,

Christopher
[quote]
On 2014-02-01 09:26, SubconsciousSymbols wrote:

I just watched the trailer on his website and it looks like it works as advertised. I think you can have them place their card back in, beneath another card?!, then they can close the wallet and put the elastic band on it. Then you get your p**k through an opaque, closed wallet!

I will hold off until I see it live at Blackpool but I would love to hear your thoughts.

Aw
[/quote]

[img]http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/images/magic/thoughttransmitterprothumb.jpg[/img]

If anyone wants to see and try the Thought Transmitter Pro with no obligation then please visit my stand at the Blackpool Magic Convention.

Tony
[quote]

Aw
[/quote]

It initially appeared to be a step backwards because the leakage was pretty bad and it could not be used for the spectator to write directly on the pad as in the original. However the pad can be pretty easily modified to work like the original and the leakage can be solved by using thicker cards in the wallet. As a result I would now consider this an improvement over the original as it can be used in two different ways that are both very deceptive, it is far slimmer than the original and the battery can be easily changed. For more details take a look at the TT Pro thread.

Mark
[quote]

Aw
[/quote]
I guess you can judge for your self at blackpool. There is already a long thread on this on the Café. The peek has been changed so now it is basically like all the other peek wallets. The way it was - set it apart from the others. Also the gimmick is much brighter so forget about doing this at all in a slightly dim area. Had John just kept the design like it was but made the battery exchangable it would have been perfect. Now you can change the battery but it is just another peek wallet. I have plenty of these that needs no battery.
Paul Daniel's DVD ...
cannot wait to see the information regarding this release.
Paul is ... and will remain an iconic magic image to most performers in the UK.
A great mentor.
[quote]
On 2014-02-01 11:24, Christopher Taylor wrote:
[/quote]

Christopher,

Michael
[/quote]

Michael: I responded to your PM. Cheers,

Christopher
[/quote]

Christopher,

I look foward in getting both Timeless and OHM 2. The improvements to OHM 2 sound fantastic.

Thank you.

Michael
Hello Everyone,

rsvpmagic will be releasing two major new products at Blackpool 2014.

We will have limited pre-release copies of the new Will Houstoun DVD set "Modern Magic" which features an extensive body of Will's coin and card work in a three DVD set running at just over five hours! These will be presented in a limited edition box set with case. This is a truly amazing set of DVDs.

There will also be the new John Carey release "Keep Calm and Carey On", which features 13 brand new routines from the brilliant John Carey, with several routines using the 'think of a card' plot. Again we will have some pre-release copies.

Also on the stand will be the amazing Kieron Johnson with some new stuff, plus he'll be performing some of his signature material live, alongside Will Houstoun and John Carey throughout the convention.

See you there!

Best,
Russ
It's all gone very quiet regarding new releases for Blackpool convention, normally a week or so before the event the café is bursting with dealers wetting out appetite to spend lots of money there! Only one or two things announced up to now and I'm starting to worry that I will spend more time in the Spanish bar than the dealers :)
I will be releasing my Silent Treatment - Digital Edition.

This is really exciting because it offers so many advantages over the original while still maintaining the same effect.

Come and see me at my stand and I'll be happy to chat about it and show what can be done.
Thanks Jon, I will do.

Ian.
[quote]
On 2014-02-01 06:25, magicbyswh wrote:
TT pro is a major step back. Save your money on this
[/quote]

Gotta disagree. I received mine a couple of days ago from John, and really like it a lot. Yes, the process is a "shift" from the original, but for me it is still a great piece. Plus, I've found that visibility/readability is a step up from the the original. Again, love it, but YMMV.

About the lighting issue, Tony Curtis mentioned that on many units, whoever put these together put the gimmick in the wrong slot in the wallet, so light leakage was bad. With the original, I would be careful about using it in a well-lit flourescent room - too tough to get a clear read. No problems with TT Pro on this score (for me, anyway). Conversely, I've tested both old and new TT's in a completely dark room, and the difference there was not big, so I'll be comfortable in most environments.

As Tony said, visit him and see for yourself if its something you can use. I love it, personally, but everyone likes a different menu :)

You may not need it, but make no mistake, it does what it does very well.
[quote]
On 2014-01-30 06:23, Magic-Daniel wrote:
I believe Paul Daniel's is coming out with a 4 DVD set.
[/quote]

A free zimmer with every set ???
Cheeky... He'll be sending Debbie round to duff you up ;)
Hello Everyone,

Here is one of our biggest releases at Blackpool this year, from the brilliant Will Houstoun. Modern Magic is a three DVD set (In a limited edition DVD presentation box) that has a running time of over 5 hours. Featuring the kind of magic that has given Will a reputation as one of our finest sleight of hand masters, you'll learn some of his favourite routines and handlings, including his masterful "Shadow Coins" routine.

The trailer can be seem here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LVRqs9n7W0

Best,
Russ
[img]http://www.tonycurtismagic.com/images/magic/thoughttransmitterprothumb.jpg[/img]

Like I said before just visit my stand at Blackpool and see the Thought Transmitter Pro live with no obligation to buy.

Tony
Will do Tony, That's on my list, I have the first version 1 so looking forward to seeing the new one.

Cheers

Ian.
I see matthew wright has a sharpie trick ready to release..........
FULL 52 HAS A FREAKING 3 DVD SET WITH DAVID REGALLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message: Posted by: Perseus Arkomanis (Feb 14, 2014 06:48AM)
Awesome mr. Stevens!!! Looks great!
[quote]
On 2014-02-12 11:26, Tony Curtis wrote:

Like I said before just visit my stand at Blackpool and see the Thought Transmitter Pro live with no obligation to buy.

Tony
[/quote]

Visit this guy and make sure you check the wallet working in Low light you may change your opinion on how easily the light can be concealed
Mark Mason has a new release called "Shell Shocked." He gave a sneak peek at Magi-Fest in Columbus.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/New-Release---Shell-Shocked-Coin-Sets.html?soid=1102911954924&aid=yAX4WFVE6Lc

~Steve
[quote]
On 2014-02-14 10:14, Superjon wrote:
[quote]
On 2014-02-12 11:26, Tony Curtis wrote:

Tony
[/quote]
Visit this guy and make sure you check the wallet working in Low light you may change your opinion on how easily the light can be concealed
[/quote]

Owning both, and following John Cornelius' written instructions, I have not had trouble - with either the old or the new TT - in being able to conceal escaping light in a dimly lit room. However - again, this is in a very dimly lit room - there is a difference in the amount of light that comes through the peek area directly toward your body. I saw - looking at myself in a mirror in a very dimly lit room - no light hitting my body from my old TT, and just a very little bit from the new. I would add that the level of dimness in the room was a level in which I would never perform.

For me, the TT Pro allows more flexibility in where I would use it (speaking of lighting conditions).

What I peek is clearer/sharper in the TT Pro.

The following is based solely on the visibility of the peek:

I would use the Pro over the original in a medium to brightly lit room, especially one with flourescent lighting.

If performing in a very dimly lit venue, I would select the original.

As is very easy to mod the old so that the battery issue is no longer a problem, so it is nice to have the best of both worlds!

As with all things, YMMV. I freely admit that I am completely biased :) as I just love the method and get a lot of enjoyment using it.
Okay...for everyone who is not there, what is the must have in the dealer room? Any surprises?
What's the newest creation from Promystic??
[quote]
On 2014-02-22 16:16, lunatik wrote:
[/quote]

With Respect to Craig this should not be spoken about on a public forum !
Ah, wish I were there. Some of this looks pretty good!
I too am curious about promystic's new release
[quote]
On , Martin.Lester wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Let's go to the basement then!
[quote]
On , emyers99 wrote:
I too am curious about promystic's new release
[/quote]

PM intro'd this at mindvention. Beautiful and tony stark would be proud to wear it.
[quote]
On , Martin.Lester wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why? Craig has some good stuff out there, I've been happy with some of it and not so happy with some of it. However, since he offers products to the community -- there is no difference in discussing his newest product or anyone else's release here. As long as there is no exposure, it shouldn't be an issue.

Robert
Certain items aren't discussed. This us one of them. That's in respect to the creators wishes. So now I will shut my yap.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came and said hello to me on the MagicWorld stand. It was a long weekend but great to meet so many cool people in the Dealer hall (and later in the Ruskin!)
Maybe next year or 2016ish.