(Close Window)
Topic: Card in Fire Wallet (pro) - Trick
Anyone know anything about this?

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=50757
The card looks small in the wallet, it does not look like a full sized poker card? or is the picture just distorted?.
I prefer the look of the Jardonnet Wallet, which does the same thing, but it would be interesting to see this in action.
I am sorry but card in fire wallet is just so da mn ed weird to me....
I've got one coming in to look at before we list it for sale, will report back once it's here.
It is an old item. only just become widely available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juxz5VeK4g4

Not a great video, and the guy's palm is terrible for this angle of filming! Not a bad little wallet though, by the looks of it.
That's what you call an honest demo!!!
Jeezuz! A knockoff of the RealMans wallet with a fire gimmick installed. Wonderful.
[quote]
On 2014-02-05 10:46, Doomo wrote:
Jeezuz! A knockoff of the RealMans wallet with a fire gimmick installed. Wonderful.
[/quote]

I was waiting for you to point that out!

it's like taking a cow and duck taping a toaster to it
[quote]
On 2014-02-05 10:49, MagicKatie wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Based on the piddly flame, it looks like they taped a mini Bic lighter to it.
[quote]
On 2014-02-05 11:07, inigmntoya wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Something a Modification or two will soon sort out :)
[quote]
On 2014-02-05 12:14, MarcLavelle wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If by modification you mean the wastebasket....
I think that's not TOO bad, but the flames are only coming out from one side. Me no likey :(
[quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why bother with the hassle?
Just get a Jardonnet/Kaps wallet: http://www.jardonnet.com/jawa.html

That aside, as has been pointed out, it appears that this model has ripped off Tony Miller's Real Man's Wallet design.
If you want one of those (sans the fire gimmick), get the real thing: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S3204
These have just arrived into stock and it is a nice wallet you can use every day.

The fire part is just on one side so this would be better holding it partially closed instead of opening right up.

The plus side is the fire part side is very thin so it does not bulk out the wallet.

The fold over press stud front flap make this wallet extra impossible and they can look all they want at the outside there is no way into the wallet.

It takes UK 20 notes no problem which is often a problem with magic wallets not being big enough for UK money.

This is well made and will stand up as your everyday wallet, it also has a casual look about rather than shinny black leather that most wallets seem to be.

In all a very nice product for the money, check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/card-in-fire-wallet-pro-.html
To me, this is taking two very distinct effects and combining them into something that amounts to less than the sum of its parts.

On the one hand, you have fire coming out of a wallet, which is usually played as a gag, with the wallet then being used in a [i]normal[/i] way, to hand out a business card or similar.

On the other hand, you have a signed card to wallet, which in itself is usually the climax of a longer routine.

The brief appearance of flames, regardless of size, prior to taking out a signed card, just seems so wrong to me. I mean, if my wallet can emit flames, it's a 'special' wallet, right? Yep, it's a "magic wallet", no doubt about that.

If you pull out a [non flaming] RMW or HOW wallet, the mystery will be: how on earth did that happen? How did my card get into his wallet? The wallet looks normal.

This is a case of putting unnecessary 'heat' on a prop, both figuratively and literally, and in so doing, hugely diminishing a strong piece of magic.

Oh, and the wallet looks pony.
[quote]
On 2014-02-10 08:35, tomsk192 wrote:

This is a case of putting unnecessary 'heat' on a prop, both figuratively and literally, and in so doing, hugely diminishing a strong piece of magic.
[/quote]

well put

Shawn
You don't have to use both at once if you don't want to, but at least you have the option.

The look of the wallet is very casual, it's not for me (too old now, traditional black leather for me) but I've seen young guys with this kind of wallet.
[quote]
On 2014-02-10 08:55, Saturn Magic wrote:
You don't have to use both at once if you don't want to, but at least you have the option.

The look of the wallet is very casual, it's not for me (too old now, traditional black leather for me) but I've seen young guys with this kind of wallet.

[/quote]

That's true, Mark. But I wouldn't combine a fire wallet effect with a card to wallet routine [i]in the same set[/i], let alone in the same trick.

If young guys are using wallets like these, then it just goes to prove that youth [i]is[/i] wasted on the young... Bah humbug, I'm off for my pint of stout.
I seem to remember the older generation saying a similar things when I was a kid!!

Mines a larger!
;)
The only decent effect I have combined with a fire wallet is Extreme Burn 2. Open wallet, flames, take out burnt-looking currency, and with a wave.... :bg:

Jim
[quote]On Feb 10, 2014, J-Mac wrote:
The only decent effect I have combined with a fire wallet is Extreme Burn 2. Open wallet, flames, take out burnt-looking currency, and with a wave.... :bg:

Jim [/quote]
Loving that idea Jim