(Close Window)
Topic: Me doing my thing.
A while ago I asked about the difference faced when busking at busker festivals. Also in the past took a lot of great info and advice from this section on the Café. So I thought id share a little of the video I shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqzJyYsfk7c&feature=youtu.be

Hope you enjoy
Yellowcustard

I thoroughly enjoyed your video! Nice crowd! Thank you for sharing it. Too cold here for busking outdoors yet, can't wait!
Nala
G'day Alan
That looks like a fun event - nice to see people almost falling over each other to pay.
Were you doing your usual performance - short and do it again????
Thanks for letting us see your work,
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
Hello Yellowcustard,
hey I watched your film clip,.. and enjoyed it.
I thought to myself, "What a nice Street Show!"
Small.
Portable.
,...nö electronics(!).
wow!
really great.
I take my Hat off,.. for you.

I wish you proper weather,
proper people,
proper places,...
and a little Mr. Proper for behind the ears.

smiles from Eldena,
gallagher
Nice work! Thanks for sharing. It looks like it was a fun day.
D.
Alan, I enjoyed watching this. Thanks for posting it. Fat hats!
Simple, direct, and fun. Clearly enjoyable for all around--they were practically pushing in to tip your hat. Thanks for posting!
Thank you so much chaps for the feed back very happy you all enjoyed it. Just to colour in a few gaps. My routine is normally multiplying bananas to pull a crowd. then my sponge ball purse frame routine, then the egg bag which I did do but all the footage I am of camera so there is none on this video. Then I finish with the rope routine. Because the crowd already gathered I played with the ball and gazzo idea which worked then did my regular thing.

Bob to answer your question I did do this just as a one of busker show and did not go straight in to the next show. A because I only had a 30 min slot but also the sun was so punishing I need a break.

Gallagher being portable is important. I can carry that routine with me any were with easy. I can carry it a small bag with me and by wearing a bright coloured shirts and a hat I am ready to go any were. but I can also go shopping to the museums no worries its a great way to be.

As for the hatting yeah it was wild.I normal do small door way or smallish circle shows. This was my first big circle show I would of pulled them closer but they were hanging in the shade and in New Zealand the burn time is 15-20min so I was happy to stand out and play wide. The reposnce was great and not seen on camrea I had about 5 group of pepole chat afterwards and a group photo. It was a great. A note on hatting in New Zealand here we have no tipping culture and busking is around but usually musician. So you do need to educate on why and when to tip. But once they relise there more than happy to pay. Because they are use to something called gold coin donations.

Any way thank you and take care and get big hats.
Great show.
Good connection to the audience... You brought them in, and they had a good time, and were willing to pay for it. Can't do much better than that!

The Doctor