(Close Window)
Topic: Mentalism Reveals 3
Who also ordered (and paid for) this almost two years ago? I contacted Mark Elsdon several times and he keeps promising that the book will be ready soon...
I thought waiting for Bulletproof to arrive was long, but this really is ridiculous. I likes MR1 and MR2 a lot so I didn't wait when this book was announced. Maybe a partial refund for the two year wait would be a nice gesture?

Any news well informed news, anyone?
http://elsdon.blogspot.be/2012/10/mentalism-reveals-volume-3-normal-0.html
That link appears to have been updated to say it will be released in March 2014
Thanks for the link. Hope you get some rewards for the wait, Bartelli!
I would be interested if this can be bought when published. I did'nt find any way to obtain it. Any info is welcome!
I think with pre orders it is essentially to know the reputation of the creator. I will not pre order if I don't know the creator or he has any history of missing deadlines, etc. On the other hand, there are many creators who always stand by their word or deadline.
Mark will come through as he did for volumes 1 and 2. I'm waiting until volume 3 is ready before paying.
Is it released yet?
[quote]On Mar 5, 2014, brehaut wrote:
I think with pre orders it is essentially to know the reputation of the creator. I will not pre order if I don't know the creator or he has any history of missing deadlines, etc. On the other hand, there are many creators who always stand by their word or deadline. [/quote]

Whilst what you say is true, Mark Elsdon [i]is[/i] a very well known (and generally respected) writer...
[quote]On Feb 12, 2015, C.J. wrote:
[quote]On Mar 5, 2014, brehaut wrote:
I think with pre orders it is essentially to know the reputation of the creator. I will not pre order if I don't know the creator or he has any history of missing deadlines, etc. On the other hand, there are many creators who always stand by their word or deadline. [/quote]

Whilst what you say is true, Mark Elsdon [i]is[/i] a very well known (and generally respected) writer... [/quote]

Agreed---I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one of his effects or books but I wouldn't preorder it.
[quote]On Feb 12, 2015, C.J. wrote:
...Mark Elsdon [i]is[/i] a very well known (and generally respected) writer... [/quote]

I watched Elsdon's Penguin lecture, and it's fantastic. My impression is that his well of creativity is overflowing to such an extent that the amount of time he can devote to writing will never balance out the amount of information he'd like to publish. I'm looking forward to his book on equivoque, which he described as "massive" and "encyclopedic."
I generally agree with several of the above-mentioned comments and suggestions: 1. Mark Elsdon is well-respected and an excellent creator. I have a LOT of his material and lectures. 2. DO NOT pre-order anything from him though; just wait until it's actually out. I have made that mistake and am regretting it. Been waiting over TWO YEARS for MR3. He continues to put out newsletters several times each year announcing that MR3 will be complete and sent in the "next two weeks"... and, nothing. 110 weeks later, still NOTHING. What a bummer; it's a reminder of that old saying, "don't make promises you can't keep". Don't take the mental bait that there will be only some small amount released etc., and get sucked in.
This is completely WRONG. Unless your release is 99% done, it's simply wrong to take pre-orders and then not fulfill them for YEARS. It's unprofessional and unethical. Mark is better than this.
I am at the point I will no longer preorder. Plus , even on a limited edition I can always find a second hand copy if it sells out.
Unless that persons name is Richard Osterlind, I pre order from no one
Regardless of who the creator is I have stopped pre-ordering. Just too much aggravation.
I think MR 1 and 2 were really nice, but I will wait with a purchase until it is ready. My last preorder mistake was Sacred Tricks and I do not want to make this mistake again!
A year since the last post in this thread: This year it will be five.
Yes, FIVE years since this book was announced and a few paid for it.

Hopefully it will show in the refined quality of the books content.
[quote]On Apr 13, 2016, brehaut wrote:
I am at the point I will no longer preorder. Plus , even on a limited edition I can always find a second hand copy if it sells out. [/quote]

I was at that point ohhhh, forever. from anyone.
What frustrates me is his release of a huge number of products that have been prioritised over his releasing MR3.

Great that Elsdon is so creative, and great he is grabbing opportunities, but it feels llke shoddy customer service to be ignored or side lined this way.

His website says it will be released in April, but I suspect the Equivoque book will be prioritised
Gives a bad name to those who like to pre-sell to their friends without kickstarter type programs ..
Yet another NEW Elsdon release - POCKETSES.

http://elsdon.blogspot.ca/2017/02/pocketses.html
Anyone received this yet?
Any news on this one?

The guy has released at least 31 new products since I pre ordered around five years ago which is really annoying
How much did you pay?
I have been waiting for years. I have contacted Elsdon repeatedly in Facebook and been told there were delays, that other projects or personal issues got in the way, more recently that it would be available soon, etc. I am not going to say he is untrustworthy, and I would love to be wrong about this, but based on this experience I am reticent to buy from him again.
Pre-ordered this too, never got it but did manage to persuade Mark to give me my money back. It's SUCH a shame because the first two books are some of my favourite books, I found them invaluable and I would still rebuy the first one IF Mark ever publishes it.
Mark should be REALLY ashamed of this. How many people placed pre-orders? He should refund them all ASAP.
I pre-order and was promised the book would be sent after two-three weeks. This is a couple of years ago... And the book was quite expencive.
Well he's just sent out an email saying it is finished and will be sent out in mid-October.

This is great, but I won't be holding my breath ...
It is now less than 60 hours left to "5:00pm (GMT) on Friday the 13th of October"

From Marks mail: "The eBook will be sent at 5:00pm (GMT) on Friday the 13th of October and the hard copy will be mailed out on Monday 13th of November at the latest. Very likely sooner, but that date gives ample leeway for me to be certain."

I am not holding my breath, but this is the most promising promise ever since the delay started a couple of years ago.
This thread reminds me to never hit the pay button if at any point there is an anouncement for a preorder on his equivoque book.
Unbelievable that some are staying so calm and silently wait for so many years.
Is it sold out or can you still order it?
[quote]On Oct 11, 2017, Owen wrote:
Is it sold out or can you still order it? [/quote]

We'll see. Right now everything looks as if it actually will appear tonight.

IT IS EXCITING

But since it is Friday 13th, you will never know for sure.

Whether it will be sold as well, to the people that didn't wait five years, only Mark will know that.
I'm hoping they at least get a much higher price. Both Mark and the poor souls that chimed in £100 back in 2012 deserves that.
Really hope Mark asked for an updated adress from everyone :)))
I got this email from Mark a year ago, when I said I would not buy anything from him before getting MR3:

"I have several customers who feel the same way and who have been getting me to stockpile some purchases for them to buy once they have MR3. I also have quite a few others who have been continuing to purchase my material irrespective of their wait for MR3.
Either way, the great news is that the wait is almost over! MR3 is completed at last and the pdf will be with all purchasers this weekend, with the printed hard copy to follow soon after.
I hope this is the news you were looking for 😀
Many thanks for your incredible patience.
Best regards,
ME"
Did you get your books friday last week? I was away, and I cannot find anything in my mailbox. Maybe I did not even order it.
Still waiting to see if I can even purchase it...
I almost hope it will never be published
[quote]On Oct 17, 2017, GusVanNostrum wrote:
I almost hope it will never be published [/quote]

Why?
That was obviously a tongue-in-cheek joke as it would be an infinite mystery if it was going to be delayed forever by new reasons.

The story of the book would become greater than the book, and the greedy, longing consumers would finally learn a lesson and write their own stories. I don't know. I just find the whole situation bizarre and intriguing. Don't you?
LOL I hear what your saying Gus
[quote]On Oct 17, 2017, GusVanNostrum wrote:
That was obviously a tongue-in-cheek joke as it would be an infinite mystery if it was going to be delayed forever by new reasons.

The story of the book would become greater than the book, and the greedy, longing consumers would finally learn a lesson and write their own stories. I don't know. I just find the whole situation bizarre and intriguing. Don't you? [/quote]

I agree completely, and sorry I didn`t understand the joke :)

I find this totally bizarre and a lesson learned. This is also a great example of awful customer service. I wonder if there is some legal action we can do? In my eyes this is stealing. I paid 100 pound, and it seams like he has no intention writing this book.
I personally think there is a book. It has been written. Rewritten. Then after a while it became a dormant project with no real incentive for finishing it. Then it got renewed focus, more rewriting and then it fell a sleep again.

Now it has reached a critical point where I think he wants to start to focus on the next real book (the one on Equivoque, which probably will be great). So now we are hopefully on the finishing lap, or at least the finishing heat. I am not that good with motor sport analogies.
[quote]On Oct 18, 2017, GusVanNostrum wrote:
I personally think there is a book. It has been written. Rewritten. Then after a while it became a dormant project with no real incentive for finishing it. Then it got renewed focus, more rewriting and then it fell a sleep again.

Now it has reached a critical point where I think he wants to start to focus on the next real book (the one on Equivoque, which probably will be great). So now we are hopefully on the finishing lap, or at least the finishing heat. I am not that good with motor sport analogies. [/quote]

I hope you are right :)
Anyone received anything yet? Because I haven't.

Not sure whether to be disappointed or not as I was expecting to be let down again. I've lost count of how many times he's reassured me that the thing will be sent and then not sent it.
I haven't. I was promised the ebook version on the first of October. No ebook, no physical copy.
Well, it looks like we're going to have to keep on waiting because the last message I got from him said that he had zero committments till the 30th and so he'd get the book out early last week. And it's now the 30th.

Wish he'd stop making these false promises.
I keep my fingers crossed. This must be the home stretch.
At least we get mails from Mark!
Will it arrive in 2017?
I'm tempted to wager that it will not. I am tempted to offer Mark a bet just so he will pull his finger out and deliver the thing, but then I don't want to pay him to deliver something that he said he would deliver years ago.

Will it be worth the five year wait? Is any book worth such a long wait? Probably not ...
I've just looked at his blog. He released another product on the 5th of November while promising to deliver on the 15th of October and then, when letting everyone down again, later in the month. MR3 customers are clearly low on his priority list.

Never pre-order from this person.
A friend of mine claims that he has got a mail where Mark claims that the final version of the manuscript was sent to the printer like in mid October.
For the printed copy to be delivered in early November. That should be kind of exciting, shouldn't it?
He said a while ago that the pdf's were ready to be sent. He had to manually code them to prevent piracy. How long does it take to add an space on on page per customer? Even if it takes 5 whole minutes for one, the whole process would take less than 9hrs.
[quote]On Nov 9, 2017, GusVanNostrum wrote:
A friend of mine claims that he has got a mail where Mark claims that the final version of the manuscript was sent to the printer like in mid October.
For the printed copy to be delivered in early November. That should be kind of exciting, shouldn't it? [/quote]

Mark Elsdon says a lot of things. I have lost confidence in him.
I am not getting any mails anymore, can anyone confirm the rumours?
Still nothing ... The deadline has been pushed back yet again, as predicted.
So what is the current prognosis, anyone? I live in China right now, so maybe that is why I don't get any emails.
Well, based on his form over the last five years, we will not be receiving it by x-mas as he has stated, and he will of course prioritise the release of multiple further products on his blog. In fact, it looks like he has got something lined up to release on his blog tomorrow.

I would be delighted for Mark to prove me wrong, but ... plus ca change.
This thread is funny.
So people paid for this FIVE years ago and still hold out hope of getting it? Laughable. I think preorder is the wrong word, I think in this case we can safely change it to theft. I would be fuming. What a disgrace. Why do people still buy anything from him?
Because Mark knows his craft and MR1 and MR2 were very good.

He will deliver one day. Not too sure when.
Yes. No matter what. He will deliver. The delays cannot be undone, but he will deliver.
He must deliver to be able to focus on the Equivoque-book next.
Well, I guess if the people who paid are happy with the situation and not bothered about waiting five years and counting, as he releases product after product in the meantime then I suppose all is good!! Who am I to criticize. Best of luck with it!
I suspect few of the MR3 purchasers are happy with the situation and not bothered.
Yes! My book finally arrived and it's great!
You mean you received 'Mentalism Reveals 3'?
Just pulling your leg. ;-) I don't want this thread to disappear...
Promises are so hard to keep.
How many times have we received a promised deadline now? And how many times has it moved to a later date? I really believed it would arrive this year. But that hope is gone. More frustration has replaced that hope.
I still hope for this year. It looked promising and I cannot see any reasons it wouldn't be possible to keep the promise this year.
Maybe because he spent his time on the things he has just released? Hidden gems was the last one wasn't it? (but there have been countless others) Must have taken time to put together. Also it is an ebook so you get it within 12 hours apparently, not 12 years!!

You paid 5 years ago and you are expecting to get it before the end of the year? I really hope you do, but good luck with that one.

This really is inexcusable and pretty disgraceful, no?
If it doesn't come by the end of the year, hopefully his new years resolution will be to finish the *** thing
Well, let's hope so. Now it is just a matter of hours.
When do you think you will lose faith? After 8 years, 10? Can't believe he's got away with this for so long.

If you look here

http://elsdon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/mentalism-reveals-3.html?m=1

he says

"Note: For a variety of reasons, this book is very, very, very late, for which I offer my sincerest apologies. One day, I will write another book which will detail the numerous delays, setbacks and disasters encountered during MR3's writing and publication. Even at the very end, there have been further unavoidable delays. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thankfully, it will finally, actually, be published on November 17th 2017.
For real."

For real? I bet you all cant wait to pre order the book about the disaster of a book you preordered. What a funny guy!

I remember being really annoyed at having to chase up my order of MR1 and when it came I didn't think it was that good to be honest, I sold it on after reading a couple of times. I don't know how he stretched it to two volumes and can see why he's struggling with 3.

You hear people who self publish say things like people don't understand the difficulties and delays you can encounter, but 5 years of "delays and disasters"? come on??!! If you find it THAT hard then don't do it.

I also hear people say that because of experiences like this they will never be burnt again. This is also a shame for people who are genuine. I know plenty of people who have actually delivered perfectly well when it comes to pre orders.

Maybe he deserves a mention in the worst customer service thread, people there are fuming over waiting 3 months!!
[quote]On Dec 31, 2017, TheGingerWizard wrote:
Maybe he deserves a mention in the worst customer service thread, people there are fuming over waiting 3 months!! [/quote]
Maybe indeed he does. Is there such a thread for real? I couldn't find it.
It was in latest and greatest but got moved.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=656386&forum=177
I usually don't post anything but this situation is absolutely shameful. You would think there would be some communication from him, but even if there was, it would be nothing but false promises. This is certainly not a way to solidify a loyal customer base. How does one do this when the community is so small? It's incomprehensible.
He mustn't be a very good mentalist. At least not as far as predictions go.
So what is the current prediction?
Will Elsdon release this soon?
Given that he assured us it would be with us by Christmas, I am hopeful that it will be delivered very soon.
Http://elsdon.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/men......html?m=1

"Thankfully, it will finally, actually, be published on November 17th 2017.
For real."

For real!!

Also it says.....

"How to develop your own original material, as well as cherry-pick the very best items from the thousands of books, DVDs, tricks and manuscripts that are already out there."

Sounds a bit like his latest release Hidden Gems?

If this limited release sold out then my prediction is that he was well happy with the ten thousand pounds he wandered off with almost six years ago.

No excuses are good enough, its an absolute disgrace and tantamount to theft in my eyes. How is he still selling stuff? The absolute nerve of releasing so many products in the meantime? Unbelievable!
I was more hoping for any new information.
Have you messaged him directly?
Numerous times of course. I just don’t want to feel alone in this state of uncertainty.
Finally after 5 years, I'm asking for my money back. I don't want this book anymore.
I have a lot of Mark Elsdon stuff. He won't be selling to me anymore. No matter how good his material might be.
[quote]On Jan 22, 2018, Bartelli wrote:
Finally after 5 years, I'm asking for my money back.[/quote]
Oh my God, I laughing so hard. It's hilarious.
Finally after 5 years, I'm asking for my money back. I don't want this book anymore.
I have a lot of Mark Elsdon stuff. He won't be selling to me anymore. No matter how good his material might be. [/quote]

Well, if he happens to give you the next release date in order to try to keep your custom or for any other reason, do please let us all know what that release date is.

Thanks
Finally after 5 years, I'm asking for my money back.[/quote]

Honestly? Wow.

Maybe corinda's unpublished 14th step was pre-orders!! It's just a theory.
I also pre-ordered 5-years ago but after nearly 2-years of waiting, I demanded a refund to which Mark obliged. If this was a low-dollar item like $25-50 I'd probably still be in the queue, but this was a very expensive book. This was absolutely shameful and definitely tainted Mark's reputation with many of his core customers. The right thing to do in this instance would have been to send a letter of apology with three options for the buyer: (1) Remain on back-order, (2) Request a full refund, or (3) Request a refund but stay on the waiting list to reserve a copy.
Yeah to be fair to Mark he has always been willing to refund when I have asked him.

There is a sunken cost effect here - the more time you invest in waiting the harder it is to disinvest. The longer you wait the more you say to yourself "Surely it cannot be much longer ... surely"
No reply from Mark yet (via Facebook Messenger).
How much did this cost?
[quote]On Feb 2, 2018, Tim Cavendish wrote:
How much did this cost? [/quote]
From 4 to 10 years.
And £100 GBP
Two weeks later, no reply from Mark.
Let's hope that this will be solved until the Blackpool convention
Has anyone considered what the effect would be if a boycott of all magic sites that sell his products was initiated? 100 disgruntled mentalists won't move the needle but if nothing he produces is sold maybe that would send a message.
Does he attend, vend or perform at conventions?

Pressure him loudly and publicly there.

Pressure the convention organizers if they hire a deadbeat for their event.
One month later: no reply
He has no problem taking $15,000 from his supporters while delivering nothing in return, but will be the first to cry foul if all his work ended up on Torrent type site.
Here you have his paypal email address;
zebraelsdon@hotmail.com
If I'm reading correctly, he took the money for this book... when?

2012, yes?

Approximately 6 years ago?
That is correct.

I don't understand how anybody can do any business with him when he obviously has a criminal mind, and has fooled so many in our community. This is 100% theft in my eyes.
The problem also rests with the purveyors of his material. I've had contact with several of them and they are without a doubt righteous individuals. I'm sure they are very aware of this situation, however because of their close relationship with Marc Elsdon they remain silent. Knowing that he has scammed 100 of his supporters (and theirs as well), are they not complicit by distributing his wares and not using their influence to rectify this? If the distributors of magic/mentalism products want the support of the magic community by not buying illegitimate copies of creators goods whether physical or electronic, shouldn't they also expect the same courtesy from the creators to make good on what they are being paid for? They would have to be part of the equation to remedy this. I think it has come time to contact these distributors (and we all know who they are) and ask them to use their influence. In addition, Marc Elsdon if and when he finishes this book, should show his "appreciation" for everyone's patience and throw in a nice "gift" as an apology for not delivering as promised (and not with some cheap way out by delivering an e-book which costs nothing).
Interesting enough, I sat with Mark and joined him for a few beers over the Blackpool convention. Mark as we alll know is one of the most creative guys in the business and along with this has several HUGE flaws un his operation business wise.

Since I have dealt with him personally on a business level and since a few close friends had also invested in this project I sat down to speak with him about it. Quite rightly he holds his hands up and is FULLY aware of the situation and just how badly he has let people down...but that tou already know...

The reason for me chiming in is that I hoped to bring you guys some closure to this. Now although Mark is a friend I will agree wholeheartedly (and he agrees) that he has handled this situation very badly he is not an evil person. He is simply a VERY poor business man. That said I can bring some positivity to this thread.

Mark tells me that pdfs are almost ready to send out to those that have invested already and the physical book will be following as sion as printed. The material he shared with me showed genuine promise and so whilst I can’t excuse the delay I can indicate that the end of the wait is VERY near!

I also hope and truly believe that Mark has learned a harsh lesson here and hope it helps to improve his organisation over the equivoke book which I am very excited about.

Best Wishes Michael
Well, he told me about the pdf’s a couple of years ago, and said the pdf would be out in two weeks time. Here we are two years later. But since this is coming from you Michael my hopes are a little higher. Thanks for the info.
I agree, Michael Murray is a straight shooter. I've purchased several items from Michael and he has always been candid and honest. I know because I'm exchanged emails with him a couple of days ago and his honesty is above reproach. If he says this will be taken care of, rest assured it will be.
I feel sorry for you Michael that you feel the need to chim in, it shows that you are a stand up guy.
As long as the Yakuza hasn’t taken any of Mark’s fingers I think he is perfectly capable of using his keyboard, either to post a message here or send an email to the people who he has taken money from.

Mark couldn’t wish for a better friend then you.
No problem at all, as I say, I can’t blame anyone for their frustrations, I would be livid too. But If I can be in a position where I can give Mark a prod up the backside and help in some small way to bring closure to this for my friends on here then it is a job worth doing.

I will be speaking with Mark regularly over the next couple of days and hope that I can bring you even better news in this period!

Best Wishes Michael
Still no news from Mark. He could at least give us another update.
[quote]On Mar 7, 2018, Bartelli wrote:
Still no news from Mark. He could at least give us another update. [/quote]
Alas, his updates don't seem to be worth much.
Perhaps when he finally sends the book, he can wrap it up in a purple ribbon.
[quote]On Feb 26, 2018, celebrity wrote:
No problem at all, as I say, I can’t blame anyone for their frustrations, I would be livid too. But If I can be in a position where I can give Mark a prod up the backside and help in some small way to bring closure to this for my friends on here then it is a job worth doing.

I will be speaking with Mark regularly over the next couple of days and hope that I can bring you even better news in this period!

Best Wishes Michael [/quote]

It look like he might have fooled his friend Michael also. A couple of days has now become 10 days and no update..😞
Just messaged him again tonight and will let you know when he replies!

Best Wishes Michael
“Off over the weekend then back writing on Monday. I am 100% certain that it will be finished next week.“

Will give him another nudge on Tuesday to see what is happening!

Best Wishes Michael
Can't begrudge him the weekend off. He's been writing for six years. Everyone needs a break!!
:)
Last year, one of the promised dates was October 13, which actually was a Friday 13th.
I don't know if Mark chose that on purpose, and if not, if it somewhat affected the outcome.
As I am nowhere near being superstitious:

Next Friday 13th will be this April. A month from now.

I hope we all can wish for that being a decent target.
[quote]On Mar 13, 2018, GusVanNostrum wrote:
Last year, one of the promised dates was October 13, which actually was a Friday 13th. [/quote]

Actually, as I understand it, it was deliberate. I had a couple of Guinness with him in Dublin just weeks before.
At the time all I could do was to express my happiness over the fact that the project now was finished.

On the positive side: I now have new celebrations to look forward to when it eventually is released!
I always thought of Mark Elsdon as one of the good guys. But he has announced multiple times that the book was done. He even sent it to the printer. And now he is still writing?
Mark, I know you are reading this. If the book is ready soon, you can keep my money but at least have the courtesy of replying to me on Facebook Messenger. Or do you only know how to find me when you have products to plug?
Blimey! Never noticed this thread before. This is truly scandalous!
Here's my, almost certainly worthless, thoughts on the subject.
If I had in my head material to be published in a book then it shouldn't take more than a few months, plus editing and proof reading, to get it on to paper. Tbe fact this book has never materialised makes me think that not only has it never been written but Mark has no idea what to put into it. Chances are he'll come up with something eventually but there seems to be a good chance these will be ideas that have come from desperation as opposed to brilliant inspiration. No audience testing just half baked ideas to prevent a public lynching.
Just say NO to pre orders.
Unfortunately the problem seems to be the same with other later release :(
On February 4th Michael Murray posted the wait will be over soon for MR3. A couple of days later, he posted it may be only a week away. Now its been three weeks, any news Mr. Murray? We all know you're doing your best, can you get a firm answer for us?
Six years past payment, the only real answer is the book itself.

Anything else is yet more empty words, words, words.
I agree, I am surprised that he drag Murray’s good name and repurtation down the dirt. It is not good to be associated with a criminal and giving false promisses to people who have been waiting six years for a paid book.
Voh002 - Just to clarify, the only promises offered on here are those offered by Mark himself. I had read the posts on here and understood the frustration so asked Mark at Blackpool what the present situation was with the book (as I like to help where possible).

I was never aware there was a preorder on this until I read this thread and I most certainly don’t condone opening a preorder option until a book is complete. Non the less, I found myself in a position where I could speak with him in person about it and post HIS replies on here since he has sadly not done this himself. I thought that being a messenger of this information may be helpful to some, so please don’t shoot the messenger here ;)

As Tim quite rightly suggests, the only real proof will be in the pudding!

Best Wishes to All!
[quote]On Mar 19, 2018, voh002 wrote:
I agree, I am surprised that he drag Murray’s good name and repurtation down the dirt. It is not good to be associated with a criminal and giving false promisses to people who have been waiting six years for a paid book. [/quote]

As I read the thread, I didn't get that at all

Even if the book never comes out

To me, Mr Murray still comes off as having tried to help and as a positive

I didn't order this book, so maybe my emotions are not as high as others - on this matter

But the very fact MM has pushed and tried to get information for everyone (who has ordered) - must surely put him in a good light

Whether he is being lied to or not

I would guess that the author isn't lying, he has always intended it to come out (when he has said) but he has struggled with a block or has been depressed about it and can't actual sit down to work on it

I'm not sure if over the years he's given you guys loads of free stuff, or just ignored you

But chances are after this struggle - it's not going to be a great book

Maybe he should just refund everyone

Or some grand gesture and massive explaination and apology to try and win back some of his reputation (big PR move)

I would give you guys the book, and a choice of £100 worth of my other ebooks and a very detailed list of what went wrong and apologies - with a caveat that I was never going to take pre orders again - and how amazing you guys have been to stick with him through his difficult times

Anyway MM from this thread is a hero and to say otherwise would only serve to show the poster has a lack of reading comprehension
I see the wording was wrong. I really appriciate you trying to help us out here Michael Murray. I`m just tired of having a thief in our community, and that people still do business with him. It is direspectful to all the people he has stolen money from.
The responsibility of delivery is on Mark Elsdon only. It is quite clear that Michael Murray is only trying to help our cause and help a friend as well. Kudos to Michael for trying, let's just hope that Mark Elsdon can see his way through this mess and come out looking halfway decent. It's unfortunate that these things occur and it's not the first time I've been duped by a "proffessional". If we don't hear from Mark soon maybe a concerted campaign to let the magic community know what kind of individual Mark ultimately proved to be.
If I have to wish for anything -- I would wish that Mark scrapped the MR3 book altogether and
either

1. Offered all preorder customers their money back.

or

2. Suprised us with a [i]finished[/i], [b]printed[/b] Equivoque Book as an alternative.

What I really, really hope is that he does not release anything else until one printed book (be it MR3 or The Equivoque Book) is delivered and ready [b]physical.[/b]
[quote]On Mar 20, 2018, lands10 wrote:
The responsibility of delivery is on Mark Elsdon only. It is quite clear that Michael Murray is only trying to help our cause and help a friend as well. Kudos to Michael for trying, let's just hope that Mark Elsdon can see his way through this mess and come out looking halfway decent. It's unfortunate that these things occur and it's not the first time I've been duped by a "proffessional". If we don't hear from Mark soon maybe a concerted campaign to let the magic community know what kind of individual Mark ultimately proved to be. [/quote]

Yes! Six years is not long enough. We shall keep waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting.
It's amazing that this thread complaining about the time taken is itself four(!) years old.
17th November 2017, For real.

Sometime last week, 100% certain.

Never, it's been 6 years ffs.

Hover your hand over these three release dates, wait until you get a feeling and push any two towards Mark Elsdon...........

Maybe he will put this in the equivoque book?
I checked if Elsdon could have done something similar before and came over this article. It is publicly availeble so I guess it is OK to post. It might give an explenation. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7343307.stm
Mark's got a new book coming - "My Imaginary Book - Vol. 1". Look for it soon.
This is actually funny reading:

Elsdon newsletter #26 February 2012:
Finally, Mentalism Reveals 3 will be available before the end of the year. To avoid the madness that surrounded the release of Volume 2, I am not promising any specific date, or promoting its forthcoming release on the Magic Café or anywhere else, other than mentioning it in this Newsletter. I will not be hyping the contents, commenting on how many copies are left or any of the other usual marketing strategies.

Elsdon newsletter #27 May 2013:
Mentalism Reveals 3 will finally see the light of day this month.

Elsdon newsletter #32 February 2015:
Great news! Mentalism Reveals 3 is finally, actually finished and goes to the printers in just over a week’s time. I’m using the same printer as the recent Mike Murray, Atlas Brookings and Kennedy books, so I know that the quality will be great and the turn-around fast! All pre-orders will receive their pdf copy of MR3 the same day it goes to the printer. Once again, genuine apologies for the length of time it has taken to write, edit, re-write, re-edit (seemingly ad infinitum) this book. Of the limited edition of 100 copies, 93 are already spoken for, so if you’ve been waiting, now would be a good time to bag one of the remaining 7.

Elsdon newsletter #37 February 2016:
The long(long-long-long)-awaited Mentalism Reveals 3 is finally finished and will be in the hands of all purchasers within the next couple of days. This latest volume contains a number of guest contributions from the likes of Weber, McBride, Brookings and others, and I’m particularly pleased to be able to feature an essay and effect by my good friend Stuart Nolan. His work on the ideomotor principle is truly astounding and I think in the long term will shape the future of mentalism. I’m honoured that you’ll read his introductory work on the subject in MR3.
If you’d like to grab one of the handful of copies that aren’t yet spoken for, you can do so here.

And here is an email from Elsdon when I complained of no delivery of the MR3 November 2016:
Elsdon: I have several customers who feel the same way and who have been getting me to stockpile some purchases for them to buy once they have MR3. I also have quite a few others who have been continuing to purchase my material irrespective of their wait for MR3.
Either way, the great news is that the wait is almost over! MR3 is completed at last and the pdf will be with all purchasers this weekend, with the printed hard copy to follow soon after.
I hope this is the news you were looking for 😀
Many thanks for your incredible patience.

Michael Murray February 2018:
Mark tells me that pdfs are almost ready to send out to those that have invested already and the physical book will be following as sion as printed. The material he shared with me showed genuine promise and so whilst I can’t excuse the delay I can indicate that the end of the wait is VERY near!

Michael Murray 9 of mars 2018:
Elsdon: Off over the weekend then back writing on Monday. I am 100% certain that it will be finished next week.

Nothing against Michael here, but it shows that Mark also lies to his close friends.

And if it is true that he has sold 93 copies back in 2015, it is at least 9300 pound he has stolen. Maybe it is time to conatct the police?
Maybe an idea to contact some of the names mentioned in the 2016 post to see if they have contributed anything.
If not then legal action maybe the only recourse.
Anyone else thinking that a man this dodgy may very well have sold more than the 100 limited copies?
Anyone know which city or area he lives in? I want to make a phonecall to the local police and hear our options, and what we can do. I have enough documention that he is clearly lying and also made a lot of money on this scam.

And yes, I hate being lied to and deliberately deceived.
I doubt you'd be able do do anything now, that's why I'm surprised people have left it 6 years to start thinking about going down that route. That's far too long no matter who it is. It's not like he's done a runner either, he has released so many products since taking money for this and a thread in latest even mentioned him hawking his wares around the recent Blackpool convention. Talk about audacity.

I also agree Michael was the good guy here just trying to help people out, but I notice he still sells Mark Elsdon's products on his mind fx site. I wonder how he feels about that now, after being vocal in this thread and knowing first hand how Mark Elsdon has shafted people and stolen their money? Maybe if dealers were made aware of what he has done and stopped supporting him by continuing to sell his products it would send a message but I very much doubt it to be honest.

I know someone who ordered this and I can't believe they have just left it this long and believed all the BS. I think everyone who sent him money should push as hard as they can for a refund, but even that is a stretch at this point. Apparently he was still writing this last week, does anyone really think if it does surface it would be worth the 6 year wait??

The whole situation is madness.
[quote]On Mar 23, 2018, voh002 wrote:
I checked if Elsdon could have done something similar before and came over this article. It is publicly availeble so I guess it is OK to post. It might give an explenation. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7343307.stm [/quote]
Given that Elsdon was himself convicted in court for selling pirate satellite TV decoder cards, maybe it would be fitting for all buyers to demand their refund and then pirate his book later. Surely he would understand.
At this point I've become philosophical about this. There are expressions like "You reap what you sow", "What goes around comes around", "Men are not punished for their sins but by them" and "Karma is a B---H". Eventually he'll get what's due him. He obviously doesn't truly believe in a higher power. When something tragic happens to him or one of his family members he'll ask why, and maybe he'll realize then why one's deeds to others determines your own fate. Take a look at the world around us, with such tragedy and despair happening daily. As aggravating as it is, if not getting a book I paid for is the worst thing that happens to me in my life I'm ahead of the game.
[quote]On Mar 25, 2018, lands10 wrote:

When something tragic happens to him or one of his family members he'll ask why, and maybe he'll realize then why one's deeds to others determines your own fate....

if not getting a book I paid for is the worst thing that happens to me in my life I'm ahead of the game. [/quote]

This is the worst post in the history of the internet
Even though I am waiting for this book as well -

I sincerely [b]URGE[/b] everybody in this thread to be decent.
We do not need to call the police nor to be nasty.

Please.

We all wish this will be resolved in a good way.
If you are really desperate, please contact Mark in person and ask for a refund.
I don't care about the money. Just tired of him lying and stealing money. If you have delibratly sold this book since 2012 knowing it will not be released you are a thief and you have to take the consequence. People are way to patient. We are takling maybe over 10 000 pounds. But of course if he will finaly release the book it would be another question. But there are no certain signs that’s going to happen.

I hope you don’t think I am nasty for contacting the police Gus. It is just my sens of justice, and what I find acceptable behaviour from him.

And for the record. I have asked for a refund 6 months ago. No answer.
I never preorder I think its best to wait till tried and teseted, or we will all have more draws full of even more magic we don't use or sell. :)
If you wanted this, there was no other choice. It was preorder or miss out. The first two Mentalism Reveals books were great and I didn't want to miss out on the third one. Allegedly only 100 copies would ever be available. But at this point I also doubt that this was ever true. No way to be sure.
[quote]On Apr 1, 2018, Bartelli wrote:
If you wanted this, there was no other choice. It was preorder or miss out. The first two Mentalism Reveals books were great and I didn't want to miss out on the third one. Allegedly only 100 copies would ever be available. But at this point I also doubt that this was ever true. No way to be sure. [/quote]

There are always second hand copies available
[quote]On Apr 1, 2018, brehaut wrote:
There are always second hand copies available [/quote]

Please don't spread the word about second hand copies being always available as I'm afraid that even the first-hand copies won't be available.
Does anybody have news about this? I know from a trustworthy source that Marc does indeed read this thread and is laughing with his friends about this. I am not amused.
In the mean time he is publishing and selling other new material.
[quote]On Apr 10, 2018, Bartelli wrote:
Does anybody have news about this? I know from a trustworthy source that Marc does indeed read this thread and is laughing with his friends about this. I am not amused.
In the mean time he is publishing and selling other new material. [/quote]

Sorry to call you out on this

But that is total rubbish

Just from a logic stand point

Why would Mark (and who is Marc anyway) be laughing?

That trustworthy source is just you not understanding the situation but wanting to seem like you are in the know

This is not a fun or good situation for Mark

If he was laughing about it, do you really think Michael would have bothered to engage him further?

Your post is really silly

Anyway I hope you guys who have waited so long get a book to justify the wait. My guess is, if it's such a struggle, the book itself may not be as good as ppl hope

All the best, x
Duster, I get your point. But wouldn't you be laughing after you cashed in 10000 GBP for an empty promise?
The right thing for Mark with a K to do is to be honest to his customers. If he cannot deliver he should refund the 10000GBP, if he can he should give us a date and stick to it.
He does not respond to me contacting him. Shouldn't I feel scammed? I guess I'm interpreting this behaviour in the wrong way.

I thought that he meant what he promised (multiple times). Silly me. Why would you trust someone with a good reputation and who puts out some great material to deliver on a promise? My bad. I'm sorry.

I admit that I haven't heard Mark laughing myself. The last time we met he promised me (to my face) that the book would have been ready about a year ago. Since I said no when he asked me to show him and his family around in Brussels, he hasn't responded to my inquiries. My fault completely! He says he doesn't care about the café. Neither do I and the only reason why I'm still here from time to time is for this thread. And I know that he knows about this thread. And he most probably feels bad about not delivering what he promised. But that doesn't show at all. Kudos for Michael Murray for giving us an update. But that should have been by Mark Elsdon himself.

So come on Mark, I am very forgiving. Give us an HONEST update. I can understand that some things are more important and **** happens, but what is it, more than 5 years now???
Did he give out loads of free stuff to ppl who ordered this, to say sorry for the original delays [a million years ago]?

I thought he did - but that may have been some other creator [with the same pre-order type mess like this]

If I understood this correctly has he not offered ppl refunds, and some ppl taken them - but many have decided not to - as they have waited so long they maybe feel too invested....

I really can't imagine that this has been put off so much - for any reason other than it's a struggle and the end result is not likely to be 'worth the wait'

If he won't give refunds - I thought he offered them to all and anyone - then maybe [if there is some other stuff of his you like] he will offer to change your payment for other works of his [?]

Again I can't see him laughing about any of this... he might have been laughing if he took the 10k, and easily knocked the book out - then he would have enjoyed the situation. But this - he's no doubt felt bad about it, and gets hassle from it, and no doubt lost more than he gained from it - so I don't think he's laughing at you.

Though the victim here is not Mark - but people who pre-ordered a book that has missed it's deadline, and the next 30 deadlines after that
Can't believe this is still going on.
There's a simple solution. Ask for a full refund. If that fails to materialise take action in the small claims court. It's a simple process and I'm fairly sure you'd win.
Sadly despite several messages to Mark asking for news he has not responded to any messages since March 20th so it is with regret that I can’t bring you any further news on this as I had hoped. I had 100% faith in his personal word to me in February but sadly that time has elapsed. Such a sad situation :(
This is pathetic and shocking to say the least.

Well, I have an opinion and a prediction.

Opinion - Cheats and criminals have invaded our little world and we passively allow this to continue, as he continues to transact normally with other dealers.

Prediction - I have an uncomfortable feeling that probably one of the posters on this thread is an alias for Elsdon, although I would love to be wrong.
[quote]On Apr 12, 2018, NeverMind wrote:

Prediction - I have an uncomfortable feeling that probably one of the posters on this thread is an alias for Elsdon, although I would love to be wrong. [/quote]

Who on this thread has been supportive of Mr Elsdon [?]

If you can find anyone - then maybe check their history and see what they have been posting elsewhere

I can't remember anyone - but I could be wrong - who could be Elsdon

So I predict that you are wrong, and are almost as lazy as Elsdon to suggest so... But you wanted [loved to be] wrong, so congrats...

Of course if I'm wrong... I'm glad I don't own any hats I would then have to eat
BREAKING NEWS! I quote Mark: "Just a quick message with the news you may have thought would never come - MR3 is finished."
The book should be in our inbox on Sat. 28 April 2018! I haven't read the whole email and I won't be sharing the contents here for reasons people who have received it will understand. But there is an apology and a (very) small gift. I don't believe if the gift is a sufficient compensation but at least it is something.
[quote]On Apr 15, 2018, Bartelli wrote:
BREAKING NEWS! I quote Mark: "Just a quick message with the news you may have thought would never come - MR3 is finished."
The book should be in our inbox on Sat. 28 April 2018! I haven't read the whole email and I won't be sharing the contents here for reasons people who have received it will understand. But there is an apology and a (very) small gift. I don't believe if the gift is a sufficient compensation but at least it is something. [/quote]

:dancing:
I see a pattern -- I too pre-ordered another of his hyped products back in October 2017.
Was going to be shipped November 1st.
Gave me the same excuses (private issues, incompetent printer, Armageddon, et al) everybody else heard in this post. I thought it was strange because I'd been an Elsdon regular (not the past tense).
Received screenshots of the finished product too...

But why should I worry: it's only been nearly half a year overdue. I can wait another 5 1/2 years!
(@ all bizarre magicians in Penny: Rick Roth ring a -Wisseman- bell?) :firedevil:

My £100 including worldwide postage
Just 2 days before it arrives!
I just reread Marc's latest email, and I have read to the end this time. There is a nice bonus included that I didn't notice that may possibly almost make up for the wait. Possibly almost. :)
Looking forward to tomorrow's email.
I have no dog in this show as I NEVER pre order and these days all the money I have is being saved for my wife's knee surgery. But whatever the deal is with this character no freebee or "gift" I think would have been worth the wait.

To those who did wait let me just say that you people have the patients of the Saints. I would have gone to the law.
Today's the day the PDF hits the inboxes. Anyone received it yet?
[quote]On Apr 28, 2018, funnymagic wrote:
Today's the day the PDF hits the inboxes. Anyone received it yet? [/quote]

LOL... what an optimist!
Did people buy a PDF? Or a physical book?
A physical book, but the PDF is being sent out first.

I really hope that deadline is met, for the sake of you guys that paid. But, I still have tremendous doubts.
If he's UK based - he has 1hr 20mins before it's no longer Saturday
He sent out an email today saying there is a two days delay... So Monday it will hopefully be out. I have hopes that he tells the truth this time. My only concern is the content. Is there contributions from Weber, McBride, Brookings and others as he promised? And is this book written in a hurry? I hope it is not a rushed project as he has had 6 years to finish the book.
You do get the book as well - as he could be saving money if there is no actual book just some pdf he's knocked out to shut everyone up
I am NEVER purchasing ANYTHING from this guy - WOW!

There seems to be a disproportion level of vendors in the mentalism field of unscrupulous vendors Rick Roth, Bob Cassidy, Marc Strivings and now this clown.

And they all make top of the line stuff, the best, I don't get it.
BREAKING NEWS! I quote Mark: "Just a quick message with the news you may have thought would never come - MR3 is finished."[/quote]

"IS finished". If he is only sending a PDF instead of sending a book, why the wait from the 15th to the 28th? Does it take 13 days to warm up his email sending finger? Now there's an extra two day delay on top of the six years?? I wonder if that could be because it isn't actually finished.

Didn't think it could, but this just gets worse.

Genuine question, are there people still excited to read this book for it's own sake? Or is it more a case of just getting something for your money?
No, that's how long it will take him to get to the Cayman Island were he can not be extradited.
To be fair........

Finishing a book - and it being ready to send out, are two different things.

Finishing a book – means completing it, as in writing it all…

But – after completing the book – you then need to do lots of things to it… which can go from formatting to proof reading and many other bits and bobs.

It would be normal for there to be weeks of work needed [for any reasonably long/normal sized book]

So it is not strange for it to not be ready to send straight away – or for that same person to think they can polish it up in a few days, but it then takes longer…

I’m not on his side, I’m just saying the assumption that finishing a book means its ready to send out, is not correct…

If your assumption was instead that the author was in fact a weasel – then after 5+ years you could be spot-on
At this point everyone who paid REAL money would I believe accept a rough draft PDF.
Bad spelling; poor grammar, warts and all!
That's ridiculous.
Tim, the whole situation is ridiculous.

What I mean, is this guy is out of excuses, he need to delivered anything right now.
With understanding of eventually sending what he promised and took money for.

I have seen the same thing happen in the past with Bob Cassidy, and currently with Rick Roth of Outlaw Effects. The results were the same, you'll never see the product. Say good-by to your hard earn cash.

BTW- publicly shaming these guy's never works. But everyone in mentalism community needs to know about Rick's and the others so they can avoid the same dilemma.
Calm down now. I have never been this optimistic regarding the progress.

Haters will be haters.
[quote]On Apr 28, 2018, voh002 wrote:
He sent out an email today saying there is a two days delay... So Monday it will hopefully be out. [/quote]
So today is the big day folks. Post here once you've received the PDF.
I don't understand why it would have taken him longer to send out PDFs of the whole book on Friday than just the first chapter?

I also know of at least 2 other projects that he's at least 6 months late delivering. I will never order from Elsdon again.
[quote]On Apr 30, 2018, clairvoyant wrote:
I don't understand why it would have taken him longer to send out PDFs of the whole book on Friday than just the first chapter? [/quote]

Obviously because the rest of the book was one of these:

a) not written [least likely]
b) not proof read [edited/corrected]
c) not formatted

It's kind of pretty obvious why someone might be able to send one chapter and not the rest
Pay £100 for a book and get one chapter as a PDF 6 years later, bargain! 😆
Soooo.. anyone received it yet? It's now 8pm in the UK..
Very quiet in my mailbox. But there is still time.
Are you all waiting for the 1st chapter, or the whole book

Did he send the first chapter on Saturday [?]

Has nothing at all been sent [?]

I'm a little confused as to what has or hasn't been promised/sent
Really, relly soon now.
[quote]On May 1, 2018, GusVanNostrum wrote:
Really, relly soon now. [/quote]

You're starting to sound like Mr. Elsdon.. lol (joke) :)
According to Mark's facebook, today is the day!
[quote]On May 1, 2018, Marko Ragnos wrote:
It's the most entertaining thread on Magic Café. [/quote]
I'm glad someone is enjoying it. ;-)
Still nothing, BTW.
It has arrived!
!
Long live Mark Elsdon!
I just received a message from Mark Elsdon, you can pre-order now, a brand new release "Mentalism Reveals 4" by sending money to his paypal.
Special pre-order price - £200.
After six years price will be - £400.
[quote]On Apr 30, 2018, The Duster wrote:
Are you all waiting for the 1st chapter, or the whole book

Did he send the first chapter on Saturday [?]

Has nothing at all been sent [?]

I'm a little confused as to what has or hasn't been promised/sent [/quote]

I take it you're not a customer then?
Did you get the entire book or is someone just still joking?
[quote]On May 1, 2018, dave_matkin wrote:

I take it you're not a customer then? [/quote]

I believe I have many times stated that I am not a customer (or should that be victim)
Who else has the book?
Funnymagic, you have received the entire book in PDF format?
Is it a rough draft or a completed book ready for printing?
Any information as when you will get the hardback printed version?
I don't have the book. I was asking who else had it other than Bartelli.
Still none of you have got it?
Bartelli, have you received a PDF consisting of the entire "Mentalism Reveals 3" book in a completed format (not a rough draft)?
Did Elsdon state the actual date of released of the hard/soft physical copy?
Please any details.
The book should be in our inbox on Sat. 28 April 2018![/quote]

Then there was a 2 day delay... making it the 31st

Now if you read here

It just says May with no date specified.

So has anyone got this yet or not?

Looks like more Elsdon 'promises'
Not believing the lies.
I wonder if anyone is stupid enough to defend him when 31 May comes, and there is still no book.
He sent the e-book yesterday. The hard-cover will soon follow.
[quote]On May 2, 2018, TheGingerWizard wrote:
The book should be in our inbox on Sat. 28 April 2018![/quote]

Then there was a 2 day delay... making it the 31st

Now if you read here

It just says May with no date specified.

So has anyone got this yet or not?

Looks like more Elsdon 'promises' [/quote]
That blog is edited. It’s from 2014... The original blog did not say May 2018.
Don't get me started... :cry:
So does anyone actually have it? Or was Bartelli pulling our chain?
It has arrived. I have my ebook-copy. I will however not share any more information about it as I have invested 5+ years and £100 in this book.

The best thing about this is that Mark can put work into the coming Equivoque material. (In between beers)
I had the time to do a quick first read of the book as well. It contains some very serious topics and it is well thought out, but still is an easy read, even for a non English speaker. I believe that one of the goals of this book is making us mentalists think more about every (really every) aspect of our trade and that is something that I really like. It also gives you the tools to do so. I don't always share Mark's opinions, but that is no problem. We are encouraged to make up our own opinions. IMO this book will make me a better overall performer. So for me it is worth the price I paid. If only it didn't take 5 years to receive it.
I have only skimmed over the effects. For me they less important. But looking at them very briefly, they also are well thought out and usefull.
It certainly is on par with the other two MR books. I'll have to read them again to be sure, but this might be the best of the three.

Is all forgiven? Not yet, but I'm happy that I didn't get a response to my request for a refund about 6 months (or was it longer) ago.
How many will not receive the book due to having changed email/physical addresses in the last 6 years? (Morgaine, is this your issue?)

How many died while waiting?
Tim, this isn't the only product that Mark hasn't delivered on. I believe Morgaine is referring to one of the other products that Mark's well past the due date on delivering even though he sold pre-orders for them.
[quote]On May 4, 2018, clairvoyant wrote:
Tim, this isn't the only product that Mark hasn't delivered on. I believe Morgaine is referring to one of the other products that Mark's well past the due date on delivering even though he sold pre-orders for them. [/quote]

This is indeed the case, lie upon lie upon lie and he doesn't even care (trust me on this, he's untouched by criticism -- he's got the money)
When is the physical book due?
Based on Mark's email, buyers should receive a physical copy at the beginning of june. I will definately fill a complaint through Paypal asking for a refund if Mark doesn't deliver what he promised on time.
[quote]On Jun 2, 2018, Psy wrote:
Based on Mark's email, buyers should receive a physical copy at the beginning of june. I will definately fill a complaint through Paypal asking for a refund if Mark doesn't deliver what he promised on time. [/quote]

The paypal cover runs for 6+ years now [?]
Well, I read all this thread and I can’t believe it, after 6 years people are still hesitating yo ask for a refund, wow 😮
He’s making a lecture with Ian Rowland in Newcastle at the end of this month, any of the members will be there ?
Paypal claims are too late: the money is his and he spent it on burgers!
I'm so ANGRY at him :angry:
No book yet. :-(
[quote]On Jun 10, 2018, morgaine_le_fey wrote:
Paypal claims are too late: the money is his and he spent it on burgers!
I'm so ANGRY at him :angry: [/quote]

Small claims court. Its easy to make a claim, cheap, and if one person wins you'll open the floodgates so everyone could make a claim. Bankrupt the lying, cheating scumbag.
[quote]On Jun 10, 2018, ed wood wrote:

Small claims court. Its easy to make a claim, cheap, and if one person wins you'll open the floodgates so everyone could make a claim. Bankrupt the lying, cheating scumbag. [/quote]

That is not correct, it's bad advice.

To start with, there would be no floodgate

Even if you win small claims - you may not get the money, or it may cost you more than you win

As you have to pay for bailiffs - but they have no real power [as not court appointed]

So then you have to pay lawyers to either put a charge on his house, or future earnings - etc [but he is not a sole trader so good luck with that]

So if it's for £100... it already cost you more than that

Then if he does go bankrupt [you think that is a win -yeah?] - You are out all that money, and he no longer has to pay you back. And the way his business is structured [as he has a company] his liability will be limited. So actually you lose not him

That of course is if you even had a case

What are you claiming for, the book [?]

You pre ordered it, it was delayed...

In court you have to show that you asked for a refund

His Lawyer: So it was delayed over 6 years, and at no time did you ask for a refund? My client in good faith has sent you the eBook, and since the case started you have received the physical book.

I guess when you lose the case, you may have to pay his costs. Then he will have to get a bailiff - and you can go bankrupt, so you don't have to pay him... at least that will be a win for you

Yep you sure showed him

Hmm.
Duster, you're wrong.
You ask for a refund, if within 30 days it doesn't arrive you take him to court.
When you win you ask the court to freeze his bank accounts until payment is made.
I assume he is a sole trader but even if he isn't it makes no difference.
The payment was made for a physical book. If the book does not exist it is a guaranteed win.
The man is a lying, cheating scumbag. There are too many in our community and action needs to be taken against them. don't support this man or anyone who chooses to work with him or supports him.
A third party debt order

Would cost £110

And I doubt they would issue it, as I doubt you would win a claim like this after 6 years

Getting A third party debt order For £100 [?] that costs £110 and takes a lot of paper work and other costs

Hmm
Bankruptcy If the amount you are owed is more than £750, you can also apply to make the defendant bankrupt using a "bankruptcy petition". The court can make a bankruptcy order against someone who fails to pay their debts. But this may involve a lot of legwork and can be expensive (a £600 deposit that will often be refunded from the assets, £190 court fee, plus costs for instructing a solicitor).
Government webpage

"Customers have up to 6 years to make a claim for an item they’ve bought from you"

5 years in Scotland

Note from when they bought it - not when they got it

There is no way you would win a small claims court case, but if you really want to spend the money, go ahead
Sheesh The Duster....too much time on your hands?
It's still within 6 years since this went on sale. Ergo small claims court still applies.
Your post about bankruptcy is completely irrelevant. Stop starting silly fights on the internet.

Just received an email from Ian Rowland (a man I admire)
"On Friday, June 29th, as a sort of 'warm up' event before MINDS gets underway, my friend Mark Elsdon and I are teaming up to present a unique two hour lecture. "
"Main themes: Creativity tools / Magic-as-metaphor / Making money from mentalsm (SIC)."
Mark Elsdon sure has a lot to say about making money from Mentalism!!!
That's it: I'm sueing!
Hahaha

Good luck with that.

Seriously don't take Ed Wood's advice you will lose money... he has poor judgement, it's no wonder he is notoriously such a bad director
[quote]On Jun 2, 2018, The Duster wrote:
Based on Mark's email, buyers should receive a physical copy at the beginning of june. I will definately fill a complaint through Paypal asking for a refund if Mark doesn't deliver what he promised on time. [/quote]

The paypal cover runs for 6+ years now [?] [/quote]

Who said I made my order 6 years ago?
Cool - so you bought it through paypal 6 months or less ago

So then yes you can

If it was over 6 months - then no you are out of time
Back from my lawyer: all duped PM me for this thread is trolled
Well, I just received something else in the mail from Mark that he was very late on delivering, the Storytelling Workshop notes and workshop DVD (http://elsdon.blogspot.com/2017/08/storytelling-mentalism-workshop-london.html). On his website, it shows it was originally supposed to have been shipped on September 18th, 2017, so there is hope for getting things from him eventually.
Raum - it is clear that you find this all very amusing, would you care to elaborate?
Is it the misfortune of others that amuses you?
Do you feel somehow superior?
I hope I've got it wrong but please, do tell.
Is it the beginning of June yet?
And in the mean time Mark is giggling while reading this.
Yes, he really is.
Can someone who received the pdf of this give an honest review?
Did he fulfill all the promises from the ad, guest contributers etc?
And Mark Elsdon still selling and lecturing. Nobody react to this thread.
[quote]On Jun 23, 2018, Marko Ragnos wrote:
And Mark Elsdon still selling and lecturing. Nobody react to this thread. [/quote]

PM me Marko
I found the eBook to be quite pedestrian and not worth the wait. It is not jam packed with useful novel effects. The musings are predictable and lack any deep insights. I was put off by the incessant delays and wondered if I should even bother with this author again on that basis. If things don't change, he is off my list entirely. I would rather invest in the writings of Creasey for example, the most recent of which, MMM, is not only brilliant but was delivered in a timely manner.
This sounds like the situation of Rudy Coby's lecture notes which were presold but not written for years, and were then hastily slapped together as a rush job to deliver something.

See also Martin Gardner's Impromptu by Todd Karr/Miracle Factory, which was approaching 10 years past its pre-orders and slapped together an inferior product.
[quote]On Jun 25, 2018, jstreiff wrote:
I found the eBook to be quite pedestrian and not worth the wait. It is not jam packed with useful novel effects. The musings are predictable and lack any deep insights. I was put off by the incessant delays and wondered if I should even bother with this author again on that basis. If things don't change, he is off my list entirely. I would rather invest in the writings of Creasey for example, the most recent of which, MMM, is not only brilliant but was delivered in a timely manner. [/quote]
I second that!
[quote]On Apr 11, 2018, celebrity wrote:
Sadly despite several messages to Mark asking for news he has not responded to any messages since March 20th so it is with regret that I can’t bring you any further news on this as I had hoped. I had 100% faith in his personal word to me in February but sadly that time has elapsed. Such a sad situation :( [/quote]

Just wondered if, knowing what Mark was like and seeing how people had been let down with broken promises over the course of six years you asked him again about this when you arranged to market this for him?

https://www.mindfx.co.uk/collections/new-arrivals-1/products/equivoke-workshop-by-mark-elsdon-booklet-dvd-set

Did anyone receive the physical book by the beginning of June as promised? Or is that another six year wait?
Speaking only for myself, I bought a LOT from Michael, but seeing that he keeps vouching for Elsdon, giving his thievery a platform, made me decide that I won't be buying from him anymore either. And I say this with sadness...

I'm still waiting for Limelight for sales, marketing and business situations.

But do PM me: we're getting organized :spinningcoin:
So sorry to hear that you will no longer support me because of the actions of another. Anyone who knows me personally, knows that I will always do my very best to please others and so after reading this thread early on, I found myself in a situation where I could personally speak with Mark in an attempt to provide some answers as to what was happening with this book.

I posted the information I had from him on here which I had hoped would be helpful to those Café members who were affected by this. When Mark failed to fulfill the comitment he gave to me personally I felt let down myself and did not want to comment further since I did not want to give further false hope to anyone. Believe me, I was as saddened by this situation as anyone else, perhaps me more so because I genuinely believed in what he told me.

Even though I hadn’t posted on here from that point I continued to push Mark for answers behind the scenes and it was very evident that if this project was ever going to see the light of day Mark would need money to cover the printing costs (what he did with the original money taken is unclear to me).

Knowing that Mark needed this money I questioned Mark on what products he had available for me to purchase and he mentioned that he had the Equivoke sets (as referenced above). Since Mark is widely regarded as an expert in this area I thought it would be possible to “kill two birds with one stone” by providing my customers with a valuable product and providing Mark the cash he needed to cover the print costs (this I believed was acting in the interests of those who were waiting for this book to be delivered).

So, after Mark sent me the pdf of the item I was happy that the book had finally been written and so took the decision that I would help fund the printing costs in a bid to bring closure to this sorry state of affairs.

Despite not wanting to comment further Mark told me this weekend that the books have been printed and will be posted next week.

I can assure anyone reading this that my exclusive intention in all of this is to help bring closure to this. Those that know me will know that these comments are sincere, that I don’t condone the actions of Mark and I am genuinely upset to hear that anyone would think otherwise.

With respect to you all,

Michael
[quote]On Jul 2, 2018, celebrity wrote:
Even though I hadn’t posted on here from that point I continued to push Mark for answers behind the scenes and it was very evident that if this project was ever going to see the light of day Mark would need money to cover the printing costs (what he did with the original money taken is unclear to me).
[/quote]

Fair enough. I appreciate your explanation and think it was worth posting. Your desire to help was always commendable. The above quote just about sums Mark Elsdon up. We are talking up to 10k taken from people six years ago. After taking pre orders and finding out the confidence he had in himself to write it was completely unfounded he should have done something about it then, not continue to string people along while he skipped off with the money. No wonder he couldn’t fund the printing of his rush job 6 years later if this is how he conducts business.

On a personal note I wouldn’t hesitate to support Michael in the future, but Elsdon is a different story.
I don’t have MR3, but stand behind the customers here. The dealers who support him is not good in my eyes. Great job trying to sort it out in the first place Michael, but now you have to do the next job. Stop selling his other products.
I can understand the frustration and madness against Mark Elsdon but Michael Murray can’t be blame for trying to sort out the situation or saling his other products, if you stop buying from Murray then I think you’ll stop buying from all the dealers who carry Mark Elsdon’s products, Penguin, Vanishing......most of them !
I was recently at a convention where Mark elsdon was too but I heard no one asking him about MR3 released....
Michael Murray is one of the nicest guy i’ve met and i’ll always support him because I know he is loyal and honest and sometimes too kind maybe.

But I totally understand all the fuzz against Mark Elsdon and would be crazy if I had bought a product 6 years ago 100£ Without receiving it....
It has nothing to do with Michael alone, but rather people in the business selling Elsdon`s creations. I was looking over what Elsdon was offering and there were a couple of things that was interesting, but I would never buy anything from him in respect for all the people he have let down. And this should also count for magic dealers. They should shut him down in respect for the customers who has been deceived by him.
So, comparatively I actually sell very few of Elsdon's products compared with many other stores. Among the items I did sell were Xenomorph, Limelight & No Way Two Way which were digital products, these have now been removed from my site as a mark of respect to the customers who have been affected by this.

However, the difficulty lies with the other products namely "Tequila Hustler" & "Tequila Hustler 2" (TH2 still pending release) as I purchased the exclusive rights from Mark for these effects three years ago. Considering that Mark no longer profits from these items and one hasn't been released as yet it is not viable for me to take those ones down. Whilst I truly sympathise with anyone who has been affected by Marks actions I can't help but feel that the frustrations are now being vented elsewhere rather than at the main man himself. I do know that if anyone had taken my money and had failed to deliver I would have pursued action privately long before a year had passed.

As I said before and I will say again, Marks handling of this situation has been shambolic to say the least and in hind sight I wish I had never stepped in to help mediate the situation as it has only served to drag me into a mess that never involved me in the first place. In an effort to help you guys further I paid Mark for two orders of expensive products so that he could fund the printing costs one being his Equivoque Workshop DVD's and the other being his Story Telling Workshop (which I haven't yet listed on the site as I prefer to slowly add to the site rather than flood it with new products). Having stepped in to do this to help you guys get your books I am now feel that I am personally being penalised for this and simply can't win either way.

Please consider the following from my point of view -

1) I pressed Mark for news and put pressure on him to complete the book for you guys.
2) I gave him financial support to help cover printing costs so that he can deliver the item owed to you guys (and ofcourse to provide two new products that would be of interest to my customers).
3) I took down the digital products of his as a mark of respect to you guys.
4) Once I have sold out of the remaining Equivoque sets I will list the second item I purchased which is the Story Telling Workshop but won't be buying any more of these.
5) I will however continue to sell Tequila Hustler and will sell Tequila Hustler 2 (when I have time to release) it as Mark does not profit from these as I own the complete rights to them.

Having done all that was within my power to help you guys, I will now take my exit.

Wishing you all the very best and hope that your MR3 saga is brought to an end soon.

Michael

Note: As far as other Magic stores are concerned the vast majority would have purchased individual items or perhaps the exclusive rights to products from Mark without ever being aware of the MR3 book and the story behind it. Some may have purchased items years ago and still have them on their shelves. Is it fair to penalise them because of the mistakes of another. I personally think not but that is not for me to decide, only those affected by this can make the judgement call.
I wish other dealers could be like you Michael. I did not know what you had done her, and have not read the holde story. As I said I have no products from Elsdon. I just sympathize with the people who has bought from him. I will also exit. Good luck to the buyers.

Adam
[quote]On Jul 10, 2018, celebrity wrote:
I do know that if anyone had taken my money and had failed to deliver I would have pursued action privately long before a year had passed.[/quote]

Dear Michael,

I reconsidered my previous post regarding the crooked Elsdon, and shouldn't have pointed fingers to you out of mere frustration.
I stand corrected and will continue to purchase from your admirable site - containing admirable products.

One last remark though: I reacted well within a year (purchase October 2017) but he kept me hanging on to make in to the paypal refund/claim limit and then started answering with denigrating remarks to my mails, basically laughing in my face.

From my side, I've got a solution for european customers and we're pushing this forward.

Thank you Michael for sticking your head in the guillotine but your head shouldn't have rolled...
Please accept my apologies.

Love
Morgaine xxx
I don't post on the Café that often but I feel compelled to chime in - Michael's integrity and customer service is second to none. What's happening is really unfortunate and it's heartening to see Michael take these corrective measures. I won't ever hesitate to support his website.
Mr Murray, sadly no good deed goes unpunished...
Michael, thanks for your efforts to help. I've bought items from you in the past, and your customer service has been exceptional.
Just FYI. He's offering 30% off everything on his site now, in case you want to spend 30% less on something you'll never receive.
I guess that the 30% off is at least a way to give back to all who are upset, not?
How about if Elsdon sends me the item, when I receive it I will send him the 30% off. Trust me now.

haha

I never hesitate to buy from Michael Murray. The most trusting man in magic.
After discussions with people over the years, I recently brought out my first big release. (I won't mention it here as this post isn't about self-promotion.) I was overwhelmed by the response and a number of dealers contacted me to ask if they could stock it, which was very flattering. I responded to each to say that in the first instance I was going to give it to Michael Murray as a time-limited exclusive. To me it was simple and an easy decision to make - it was a mark of thanks for what he's done for me and others. I have no idea whether that was the most lucrative step for me (though Michael is a well known and well respected dealer so there's no reason why it wasn't a good business move) but I don't care. I can always widen the reach at some point but to me people will always be more important than worrying about profit. And I adopted that view from some great people in this community, with Michael right up there.

I know of a number of situations where Michael has used his influence and support to help others behind the scenes, costing him time and in some cases money as well. I also know he hasn't always received the same back, but he cheerfully continues to support people and doesn't let it affect him. Nobody else could organise the MINDS convention in the same way that he does, and those who have been lucky to attend will say just how special it is because of him. As just one small example, amongst the craziness of putting everything else together this year he made sure that he found the time to help provide opportunities for several creators to showcase new products (I was amongst them and remain grateful to him for that - he did it without asking for anything in return and long before we discussed him stocking my effect). He surrounds himself with a group of close mentalism friends who are fiercely loyal - not because they are 'yes' people, but because they have each seen the constant support and kindness that he extends to others and they know he is just 'one of the good guys'. In fact each and every one of them deserves that same phrase, and together they are a truly positive group.

I'm not going to comment on Mentalism Reveals 3 - it didn't and doesn't involve me and it would be presumptious for me to dive in on it - but Michael has done what he could to support the whole community in helping to bring resolution. It's great that having seen more of the full picture, some have come on and amended their view in attacking Michael for it. That's entirely right in my view and is to their credit - it's just one more example of Michael helping to clear up a mess that was not of his making. Most of the time we don't get to hear about when that happens - let's not shoot him down because he's been forced to reveal more than usual in a public forum. And I hope that amongst the sour taste surrounding that release for those who invested in it (which I completely understand) at some stage some of those affected will find the opportunity to thank him for helping to salvage things as much as possible. And if it's too raw to do that, then at least to themselves to acknowledge his role in helping to move things on for them.
So Elsdon still hasn't produced the actual paid-for book yet, right?

Electrons do not a book make.
Https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/man-charged-over-satellite-tv-2840393
[quote]On Jul 28, 2018, Withnail wrote:
Https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/man-charged-over-satellite-tv-2840393 [/quote]
No need to bring this up again. This is already known.
This is truly a pathetic situation all round. Maybe, rather than asking dealers to boycott creators, we as a community should start a movement to boycott pre-orders, making them an unacceptable selling tactic?

PS: i’ve never met Michael Murray (I don’t think?), but in all my years of purchasing mentalism products he has always struck me as a totally honest and upright guy. We need more like him.
Why nobody report to PayPal? It's possible to block his account?
[quote]On Jul 29, 2018, Marko Ragnos wrote:
Why nobody report to PayPal? It's possible to block his account? [/quote]
Because he took people's money for this book 6 years ago.
August, no book.
@Michael Murray: we all know (or a least we should) you are the good guy here. No need to defend yourself.
About boycotting pre-orders: I can imagine sometimes people need some funding before they can make the physical products. I have no problem with pre-orders. Even not with one or two unkept promises. I do have a problem with people who keep lying.
For those who want to meet their friend in person :
https://www.virtualmagie.com/articles/comptes-rendus/conferences-rencontres/conference-de-mark-elsdon-samedi-13-octobre-paris/

It is very regrettable that some offer such individuals still a "stage".
I sent the link to this thread to the organizer of the event.
Last emails spring/summer 2018 from Mark Elsdon:

14 of April:
It is going to have one final edit and two proof-reads and then will be in your inbox, two weeks today (Saturday 28th. This month. This year.) The hard copy will then take around three weeks to print, so that will be in your physical mailbox by the end of May.

28 of April:
So please don't worry! The book is still finished. It's all been edited now and will be going to print on Monday, the same day you'll get your eBook copy.

01 of May (when the e-book was sent out):
THE final edit will be heading the the printer tomorrow morning. I will be in touch again tomorrow once he gives me the estimated delivery date.
So once again, thanks to those of you (almost everyone!) who has the kept the faith. And to those I who I hear have been particularly vocal on the forums and spreading lies about me that this is all just a big scam and that I would never deliver the book... no hard feelings and I genuinely hope you enjoy the book :-)

14 of June:
Just a quick update after having spoken to the printer yesterday: the book is expected to be delivered to me on Wednesday the 27th of June, which is just a little less than two weeks away. So not long now!

10 of July:
As expected (although later than the original estimated date, which was a week before the MINDS convention), the printed books were finally delivered last week, but unfortunately they had not been printed according to spec. I'll be in touch again either on the 20th or 23rd to confirm that the books have been delivered, and then once more in the week on the 23rd when the books are dispatched.

Have not heard anything after the email from 10 of July.

I find it strange that he forgives the people (01 of May) who called this a scam, and accusing him for not delivering the book. But the book is still not delivered..

I find it also strange that he has markedet this book again when he said for over three years ago that there were only 7 copies left. It was limited edition with only 100 copies:

Email February 2015:
Of the limited edition of 100 copies, 93 are already spoken for, so if you’ve been waiting, now would be a good time to bag one of the remaining 7.

Email 07 of May 2018:
THIS LONG-AWAITED BOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE. Mentalism Reveals 3 Extended Journeys of Exploration and Discovery.
[quote]On Aug 4, 2018, Waterloophai wrote:
For those who want to meet their friend in person :
https://www.virtualmagie.com/articles/comptes-rendus/conferences-rencontres/conference-de-mark-elsdon-samedi-13-octobre-paris/

It is very regrettable that some offer such individuals still a "stage".
I sent the link to this thread to the organizer of the event. [/quote]

Here you have the email, let him know what kind of person Mark is.

thomas@virtualmagie.com
I've heard that the physical book is sent to the printer now.
Give the guy a break. Editing is often much more taxing that writing the first draft. Perfection takes time. And, you can't go without eating while you edit, so you need to get some money upfront. When you self publish, there's no publisher upfront. You have to get it by pre-selling. It took 10 years to write Gone With the Wind.
"Gone With The Wind" is a work of fiction that took imagination to write. I think you picked a poor comparison. Putting down your ideas and methods about a magic effect that you have already perfected is worlds apart from writing a classic best seller.
But now it is almost finished. If the printer guy is doing his work now, everything will be settled soon.
[quote]On Oct 4, 2018, GusVanNostrum wrote:
But now it is almost finished. If the printer guy is doing his work now, everything will be settled soon. [/quote]
That seems to have been the song for the past 6 years.

Still no book delivered, correct?
The pressure is on!
On 18 September we got the message that the book was being printed and case-bound by Haresign Press. Now, almost two months later again, still no book. How long does it take to print, bind and ship 100 books? I hope they can do more than one book per day. If not, this book is a real bargain, considering the labour costs of getting it printed and bound.
Sorry to say this, but I don't get the impression that any hard copy book is in your future.
Http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7343307.stm

the date is of no importance: the behaviour IS!
Have anyone heard anything from the printer guy? Does he even have an email address that we know of? Have anyone tried to contact him?
[quote]On Nov 20, 2018, GusVanNostrum wrote:
Have anyone heard anything from the printer guy? Does he even have an email address that we know of? Have anyone tried to contact him? [/quote]

The guy from haresign has an account on here, I think. Try sending him a message.
I have sent him a message through the contact form on his website
You won't get a response from Steve Haresign. I've emailed him three times. He does not care.
[quote]On Nov 20, 2018, Energizer wrote:
You won't get a response from Steve Haresign. I've emailed him three times. He does not care. [/quote]
Just like Mark Elsdon I guess.
Steve Haresign, is one of the nicest, genuine and stand-up guys you would ever wish to meet. If he has not responded to any messages, you can guarantee that there is a genuine reason for why he has not been able to reply. Steve is the guy that has printed a large majority of the best books that are out there. Together with Phil Smith who has also worked on these books, they make for a formidable team.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I cannot sit idly in the wings and see people like this dragged into something that is not of their making.

Regards,
Rasp.
Another name is being draged down now because of Mark Elsdons actions. What an unbeliveble guy. Mr. Elsdon is the definition on bad customer service.
Hi guys,
Having been alerted by Michael regarding this thread I thought I'd better update people as I presumed that Mark would have been keeping in touch with everyone.
As is obvious, I am not a big Café user, only logging on a few times a year.
Firstly, let me assure you that the book is printed and is in a queue to be finished. I took this on solely because I knew of the frustration and delays surrounding this release. However, at this time of year it was never going to be a 5 minute job. I take pride in the work I produce, as I hope is evident by previous releases and if the truth be known, I turn down many more than I accept. While it appears I'm not answering any messages - I have only had 3 and they were answered as soon as received. There are no messages on here either so go figure. Please use steveharesign@hotmail.com as a point of contact. As soon as I have a definite date for them to be delivered to Mark, as he is now handling distribution, (which for everyone's sake I hope is soon), I shall post on here that he has them.
Regards

Steve
Thank you, Steve, for this answer of clarity for us.
This has little to do with folks receiving their books, but I wonder if people think that they are worth the price being asked. I have read Mentalism Reveals 1 and was disaapointed. I don't think it is particularly good at all and it did not tell me anything I did not already know. I hope that Mentalism Reveals 3 is better for the sake of all that have had to wait so long to receive it.
[quote]On Nov 21, 2018, haresign wrote:
I have only had 3 and they were answered as soon as received.

Steve [/quote]

Apologies I have done you a disservice. And yet you might want to check your website is working properly because each time I sent my message I got a confirmation message saying that it had indeed been sent. This happened three times.
Thanks for the update Steve. But in his emails, Mark told us that you would handle the shipping as well.
[quote]On Nov 21, 2018, Bartelli wrote:
Thanks for the update Steve. But in his emails, Mark told us that you would handle the shipping as well. [/quote]

In his emails Mark told everybody they would get their books 6 years ago..
[quote]On Nov 22, 2018, Adam Meier wrote:

In his emails Mark told everybody they would get their books 6 years ago.. [/quote]

Thank god you joined the Café 3 months ago to tell us all this Adam.

[quote]On Nov 21, 2018, haresign wrote:

However, at this time of year it was never going to be a 5 minute job.

Steve [/quote]

Wasn't this with you in September? Can I please ask what has been the delay between September and now?

Thanks
[quote]On Nov 24, 2018, Energizer wrote:
[quote]On Nov 22, 2018, Adam Meier wrote:

In his emails Mark told everybody they would get their books 6 years ago.. [/quote]

Thank god you joined the Café 3 months ago to tell us all this Adam.

[quote]

Your welcome!

Regards

Adam
Bottom line for the duped (me included): SUCKERS!
Bottom line for future duped: there's one born every minute!

The illustrious frauds like Rick Roth, Cody Stolz - and others for sure - welcome Mark Elsdon!
:applause:
No christmas miracle this year.
Another reputation ruined.
Is this the biggest scam in the mentalism/magic community the last decade? I can’t think of anything similar where a fellow performer has stolen at least 10 000 pund from people. Just crazy.
Go and find someone else to hate Adam

The book has been with the printer for the more than three months.
This is the most strange thread on Café
[quote]On Apr 16, 2018, morgaine_le_fey wrote:
I see a pattern -- I too pre-ordered another of his hyped products back in October 2017.
Was going to be shipped November 1st.
Gave me the same excuses (private issues, incompetent printer, Armageddon, et al) everybody else heard in this post. I thought it was strange because I'd been an Elsdon regular (not the past tense).
Received screenshots of the finished product too...

But why should I worry: it's only been nearly half a year overdue. I can wait another 5 1/2 years!
(@ all bizarre magicians in Penny: Rick Roth ring a -Wisseman- bell?) :firedevil:

My £100 including worldwide postage [/quote]

It is just love my friend for all the people who have lost their money. And I am not only talking about this book. Here is another example. And the list is getting longer and longer each day. In the meanwhile people still support this guy.
[quote]On Dec 30, 2018, Energizer wrote:
The book has been with the printer for the more than three months. [/quote]
Perhaps the printer is awaiting payment before printing...
And perhaps he isn't. This wasn't the issue the printer has given as causing delays.
[quote]On Nov 29, 2018, morgaine_le_fey wrote:
Bottom line for the duped (me included): SUCKERS!
Bottom line for future duped: there's one born every minute!

The illustrious frauds like Rick Roth, Cody Stolz - and others for sure - welcome Mark Elsdon!
:applause: [/quote]

...you forgot Jerome Finley and Dale Hildebrandt
Energizer I'm not sure why you are protesting some of the posts here? I appreciate everyone posting on this thread and warning potential future customers about how Mark conducts his business and how he treats people. The printer may of had the book for months but Mark has clearly made false promises and lied for YEARS. It shows Mark to be unethical and not trustworthy. People should be continuously forewarned of merchants who practice bad business and hopefully such postings will discourage others from spending their hard earned money on a person who simply does not deserve it.

I could have easily purchased something from Mark but thanks to this thread and the people who posted their experiences I never will. Thanks very much to everyone who shared their experiences, I owe you all a pint!
It looks like he may be about to make himself disappear...

http://elsdon.blogspot.com/2018/12/major-news.html

and is in need of some quick cash...

http://elsdon.blogspot.com/2018/12/mega-ebook-insanity.html
“There will likely be the occasional ‘specialist’ new release at some point in the future, but these will only ever be marketed and sold in very small numbers. “

Of course, he’s still keeping his options open for when he fancies a holiday or the car insurance is due etc.

Anyone here going to preorder his 2019 equivoque book? He’s been writing that longer than MR3 hasn’t he? I’m sure it will definitely, maybe, probably, almost certainly be printed and released on time, honestly, trust me!
I guess nobody will pre-order from him if they have heard about the issues regarding MR3.

After getting his reputation ruined and giving false hope and fooled so many people for several years it could not continue. The buyers could hope for a miracle regarding the MR3, but I would not have high hopes. I have a friend who has paid for the book and he said he got an e-mail from Mark Elsdon recently where Elsdon said he would probably change to another printer. Here we go again... :)
[quote]On Jan 1, 2019, Adam Meier wrote:
I guess nobody will pre-order from him if they have heard about the issues regarding MR3.

After getting his reputation ruined and giving false hope and fooled so many people for several years it could not continue. The buyers could hope for a miracle regarding the MR3, but I would not have high hopes. I have a friend who has paid for the book and he said he got an e-mail from Mark Elsdon recently where Elsdon said he would probably change to another printer. Here we go again... :) [/quote]

It would have been quicker to handwrite each copy at this point. Maybe Mark should consider hiring a scribe...
I'm not sure I understand the state of affairs now. What are we waiting for?
Can anyone that has got a recent update on anything in the process spill some beans?
You're waiting for some fresh lies.
A blue moon? Flying pigs? A cold day in hell?
Steve Haresign has had the book since Sept 14th (he told me this himself). I've emailed him nine times now without response.

Can whoever contacted him previously to tell him to post on this thread because his reputation was being damaged please ask him to come and post on this thread again and tell us what is going on?

Thanks
I would guess (100% guess) that Steve will print them once he gets paid

That’s a guess

But would make sense

As I’m sure if it were Steve holding it up, mr Elsdon would be telling everyone
Why would he (Elsdon) pay for the books to be printed and sent

As his rep is garbage either way... he should be more motivated to keep the money

Everyone got it as an ebook

And they got free gifts over the last x years?

Also I thought the book was meant to be rather poor?

Just another bad creator

I wish the best to those who did order it and hope you do get the book

X
Steve did not indicate the issue was payment to me when he replied to my first email. He indicated he was on some kind of waiting list to use the finishing equipment. Must be quite a waiting list.

It would be great if Steve's friends could please prompt him to respond to my other 9 emails.
[quote]On Jan 16, 2019, Energizer wrote:
Steve did not indicate the issue was payment to me when he replied to my first email. He indicated he was on some kind of waiting list to use the finishing equipment. Must be quite a waiting list.

It would be great if Steve's friends could please prompt him to respond to my other 9 emails. [/quote]

If Steve don't deliver as promise it is Elsdon`s responsibility to get the books out anyway. He should have a time limit for the printing, and if the books are not delivered within the limit, he should change printer.
I have no idea about what the cause of any delays are but I will say that I would trust Steve Haresign with the deeds to my house. Steve is an absolute stand up guy. This book is Mark’s responsibility and communication with customers of said book is Mark’s responsibility too. Steve may havé a need to communicate with Mark but he has no obligation to communicate with Mark’s customers. As such I will not be contacting Steve to prompt him to respond to emails that are not from his own customers about his own products.

Mark
No problem. But he invited us to email him by putting his email address on this thread so it is disappointing he won’t respond.
Now, whilst I promised myself that I would never post on this topic again (as this product has nothing to do with me and I felt burned the last time I tried to help) I did find myself speaking with Steve today as I have recently completed a new book of my own that he will be printing for me.

Against my better judgement I raised the subject of MR3 and can thus offer the following information -

Why were there additional delays -

In short, a delayed payment resulted in a missed printing slot.
The printed books were sent to be finished by the people who deal with the covers.
Steve took ill and requested that these people deal direct with Mark to complete these steps and range delivery.
Steve's health issues coupled with the fact he had to send his mobile to be fixed left him uncontactable and he was very surprised that the books had not been delivered when we last spoke.
He chased this up and it seems that the finishing company had had a query that was left unanswered due to the contact issues.

What is happening now -

The issue has been resolved, the finishing will now be complete and Steve will be personally collecting the books from the finishers at the end of this month and (despite his health issues) will then hand deliver them to Mark. This is scheduled to happen between the 28th to 30th of January. I have 100% trust in Steve to deliver (hence placing a £4500 order with him this week).

I should add that I called Mark to inform him of the update and that Steve would be in touch with him to make the appropriate arrangements (it also appears that Mark had Steve's old mobile number too). Having asked Mark why he hadn't responded on this topic himself he informed me that he has been banned from the Café.

Please remember I am only the messenger, I have nothing to do with this project and only take the time to post to try and help those that have yet to receive the book they paid for!

Best Wishes Michael
Thanks Michael. You da man.
Thanks for a concise and honest update, Michael.
I am sure the chapter with Colin is worth the wait.
[quote]On Jan 19, 2019, GusVanNostrum wrote: worth the wait. [/quote]

That’s hilarious!
Thanks Michael!
Just got word from Steve, the books have been finished and have been successfully delivered to Mark.

Best Wishes Michael
Hurray!
Thanks again, Michael Murray for being a messaging angel. This is [b]BREAKING NEWS.[/b]
Has anyone received the book?

http://elsdon.blogspot.com/2019/01/mentalism-reveals-3.html
Mine eyes have seen the glory. The actual, physical book is before me.
And do you have any thoughts yet about the contents? Earlier installments (1 and 2) were a disappointment imo.
The book has arrived in Belgium as well. It only took 7 years!
Is it including a chapter with Colin McLeod? I have not got any book.
[quote]On Jan 24, 2019, celebrity wrote:
Just got word from Steve, the books have been finished and have been successfully delivered to Mark.

Best Wishes Michael [/quote]

Michael...

I just wanted to sway thank you - despite the fact that this had nothing to do with you at all - you took the time to communicate with us. Mark could learn a thing or two from you.

Time and again we see so many negative situations posted about on here and it normally comes down to communication.

Thank you for setting such a good example to us all.

Kindest regards

David
I am still waiting for my copy. Still no answer to my emails from Mr. Elsdon.
Sadly same here
What are the odds?