(Close Window)
Topic: Books?
I'm looking for a book (well, more than one :D ) about illusions which resumes a bit all the techniques (I'm not talking of routines, I'm talking of the methods used i.e. deceptive base, wedge base, etc...). I'm passing throuhg a research phase and a book like that will be very helpfull. Can someone tell me if there is such a book and if it's purchasable online? I have to order online because where I live it's almost impossible to find books like that. Any ideas?
The book I would suggest is "The Seven Basic Secrets of Illusion Design" by Eric Van Duzer.

It is strictly a collection of methods, it discusses over 90 stage illusions and their methods. It is not a design book, or a book with plans, the drawings are all about the 1-2" size. It is 180 pages spiral bound.

But it is very good.

Paul Osborne used to carry it, but I just checked and did not see it on his site at the moment.

Hope this helps out.

Blair
Federico,

I'm similarly situated to you in that I am experiencing a steep growth curve. I second Blair's recommendation. The Eric Van Duzer book is fantastic. It is also available on Amazon's website in kindle format for about $10.
That is an amazing price for the info in it!

B
Thanks I'm definitely going for this one in kindle version! (Kindle is a loooong way better for me because it would take ages and a lot of money :bg: for a delivery from the US)
Other suggestions? :)
Pkessler can yiu tell me (maybe via pm) the link because the only one I can found at that price is "The Magician's Secrets of Illusion Design" by Eric Van Duzer...is this the same book?
I believe that's the one Federico. There are a lot of others. Paul Osborne's books are great and have specific designs. You'll also need to learn woodworking/cabinetmaking, metal working, and plastic working. Also how to work with fabrics and all the other components of building an illusion show if this is your plan.
Ok I'll buy it in a minute...I always work with wood and metal and if you go in the workshop session you'll find a couple of my posts where I posted some pics of my where does the duck go illusion...whith this book (and others) I'm only in search of "something else" like effects that I don't know or different methods because my knowledge is mostly based on online stuff....