(Close Window)
Topic: How do you get rid of the local drug dealer on your block?
Any suggestions? Realistic answers, please.
Message: Posted by: Mark Boody Illusionist (Mar 21, 2014 05:32PM)
Calling the police would be the place to start.
Been there, done that. Here are some of the details:

A foreclosed house on my street was bought just a few months ago. The owner has a steady job, but him, his son & girlfriend, plus another couple who rent, are running a full-time drug store. It is drawing a lot of unsavory characters. Tons of young teenage foot traffic, plus older customers arriving in vehicles for quick pit-stops or curb-side transacrions. And late at night the two renters make short "back and forth" trips in their car. (We think they may be making deliveries to the college campus nearby).

Neighbors have been reporting license plate numbers and a daily list of activities to the police. But instead of raiding the place, the cops chose to have a "knock and talk" with the inhabitants. Which put them out of business for just one day. It's been "business as usual" ever since.

Apparently, the next step would be for the police to have an informer befriend the house residents, win their confidence, and buy something. The substance would then be analyzed by a lab. If it is proven to be narcotics, then the cops can request a search warrant and raid the place. I'm sure you'll all agree: this sequence of events will probably never happen.

I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how else to deal with this problem? Obviously none of the neighbors want to directly confront these low-lifes for fear of retaliation (i.e. personal injury or property damage).
I wouldn't know what to do beyond calling the cops. Maybe you could ask them to increase patrols in the area for a bit? I don't know where you happen to be located and how overstretched the police might be, so I don't know if that will work.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, you may want to get an alarm system installed in your home. Just in case.
Try the local (or any other) newspaper, setting up a sting operation and police doing nothing would be a perfect way to go about it.

I know an area where I live in and its been going on for few decades, and it still goes on.

Without any backhanders, I don't think this sort of dealing is possible.

Just my thought and not a fact.
Take plenty of pictures/videos and post them all over the internet using social media and embarrass them, your local government and the cops and make sure the news outlets are aware of it. Of course you would have to find an IP address that doesn't tie back to you. Of course some of the clueless would now be informed of a new source of drugs. Good luck Arthur, that a tough issue to resolve. Drugs will be the downfall of this country.
This might be another way lol

http://youtu.be/XoVQaDbPna8
I assume you know I meant for you to do it anonymously.
That's a tough one Arthur.

Have you thought about organizing a Neighborhood Watch Team? Our town has one and it's supported by the local police. We have signs posted alerting visitors to Neighborhood Watch, which might help to dissuade potential customers. Talk to your local police about that possibility. I'm surprised they didn't mention it to you. It sounds to me like your local PD is dropping the ball here. Make them be more proactive with you. Just a thought. They should be more than happy to help you develop a neighborhood watch. If not, then take it to the local papers like someone else suggested. Embarass the PD into doing something.

Good luck.
I go with contact your local television news team and let them know what happened. They might take an interest and if THEY go to the police and ask what's going on, you might get some action.

(Unless of course, the house is being set up as a sting BY the police, in which case you could ruin everything.) :loss:
We got rid of a drug house by putting pressure on the owner of the house. Most drug houses are rented as no one doing that wants their name to be legally connected to what happens inside. I did not go alone, but many people living on the block joined in. The owner was hesitant to sell the house becasue he had made a death bed promise to his mother that he would never sell it. He also wasn't living there as it was in pretty crappy shape. Every time we saw him, we kept on him about drugs, strange smells coming from the house, people coming by at all hours, and the police running in once with guns drawn. Not the house I want near where I am raising my daughter. It took a long time, but the owner finally realized it would, or could, come back at him somhow. He realized there could be violence that he could be liable for, and even the possiblitiy of the house buring down due to drug error. He finally sold it as a fixer upper to a nice young couple, and it is much better now.
They go where the Money is or where the addicts are. Wish there was an easy answer but the only way is to make the place such a heats score they will have no choice but to go somewhere else. How do you do that? Keep calling the police and getting them to come out to your area. Domestic disturbances suspected robberies whatever reason you can find until they realize your neighbourhood is just not a cool place to sell dope in.
Check with your alderman or elected official. Many cities have laws to shut down houses they are public nuisances. But it takes a lot of work.

Start documenting everything. Any time you see a police car. Any disturbance. Count number of cars. Take pictures. Get the neighbors to join in. Every one keep a notebook

Soon you'll have enough for city attorney to take action against the owner.

We had similar situation with a small bar by our house that was bought and new owner turned it into a drug dealing scum pit. It took us three years but we finally got him out. It could have been done sooner if we knew to document everything.
Move to Colorado. Then everyone will be so high no one will care.

It's everywhere Arthur. Fighting them will only bring their wrath on to you, and that can be nasty.
Move.
[quote]
On Mar 21, 2014, Bob1Dog wrote:
That's a tough one Arthur.

Have you thought about organizing a Neighborhood Watch Team? Our town has one and it's supported by the local police. We have signs posted alerting visitors to Neighborhood Watch, which might help to dissuade potential customers. Talk to your local police about that possibility. I'm surprised they didn't mention it to you. It sounds to me like your local PD is dropping the ball here. Make them be more proactive with you. Just a thought. They should be more than happy to help you develop a neighborhood watch. If not, then take it to the local papers like someone else suggested. Embarass the PD into doing something.

Good luck.
[/quote]

Agree with Bob - we have Neighbourhood Watch here in Australia also and surely those signs would discourage their customers and also it would make the villains feel they were up against a community, not individuals. I've lived near a similar place, but they don't last long here - the moment the police get wind of somewhere like that they're on to it.
Move to another block.
Get the local church to organize a picket/protest.
They might be the only group that can get in the dealers face without too much fear of retribution.

Good luck.
Post garage sale type signs on streets leading to it.
"Follow arrows to drug house."
"This way to get high."
"Only two more blocks ahead"
"Don't forget, it's 8637 on the right"
"You're almost there, no secret knock needed"
etc. etc. You'll get attention sooner than later if only to find out who is posting the signs.
Call the DEA, fill them in on what is transpiring and what you have done so far.
John
Call the DEA, fill them in on what is transpiring and what you have done so far.

John
You can start playing silly games but what are you going to do when they start playing back?
Arthur, the knock and talk does not work as you well experienced. Neighborhood Watch can be effective if people are serious about being the eyes and ears of the neighborhood. What may not look suspicious to cops will to someone who has lived in that area.

My suggestion is to contact the drug unit of the local law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction. Advise them of the knock and talk and how ineffective it was. If the local agency does not have this unit, contact the state agency. Under no circumstances should you or anyone else get involved as it could pose a high risk to you all. Some of the suggestions given were funny, but not realistic.

Even in my own neighborhood, we had a local drug dealer just up the street. He is living on our money now in state prison. I don't know what area you live in (city and state), so I am not familiar with the resources available. If you want to discuss this further privately, PM me or email me at policemagician@yahoo.com. Glenn
Almost all states have silent witness phone lines you can call.
Make a phone call from a pay phone and describe your situation, emphasize children
being harmed by these peoples actions.
Most if not all police stations have silent witness email addresses, download TOR,
use TOR to get a free gmail account, and use TOR to turn them in, this way you are
completely anonymous, and just watch how fast the dealers go down.
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Unfortunately, I live Washington State where apathy and PC-ness have spiraled out of control. Unless you're robbing a bank (in which case the cops will shoot you dead), the legal system here seems to be soft on criminals. They appear to have more rights than decent, tax-paying citizens.

As to posting signs: Our neighborhood does have a block watch, but it has been completely ineffective. None of the neighbors want to confront these creeps directly. The drug house residents already know we're watching, but they are so bold it doesn't even phase them.

To make matters worse, the church one block away makes money by sponsoring N/A meetings 3 times a day. They feel these folks have to be "nurtured" ... even though occasional drug deals have also been spotted taking place in their parking lot. Last week I saw a guy on our street smoking a glass crack pipe, then walking over to the church to join his pals for an N/A meeting!

The trouble with asking a newspaper to "expose" the drug house, is that (according to the police) we have no actual proof that drugs are being sold. Yup, despite all the obvious activities, they say we have no proof! So the dealers would have to be caught red-handed ... and the cops have already botched that opportunity. I also have a sneaking suspicion, because our state recently legalized marijuana, that the cops are reluctant to take firmer action due to changing drug laws.

Sadly, the best advice I have been given, is to move. Which I can't afford to do. In the meantime, we'll keep reporting the drug house activities to the police department's Special Operations Group and hope that something will happen.
[b][i]Un freaking believable![/i][/b] What is going on out there anyway? Calling all drug dealers; relocate to Washington State.
You say "drugs". Which ones? Marijuana only? A non-issue. Crack, cocaine, heroin? You got a problem. By defining "drugs" you get a better perspective of the problem...

Doug
[quote]
On Mar 22, 2014, Bob1Dog wrote:
[b][i]Un freaking believable![/i][/b] What is going on out there anyway? Calling all drug dealers; relocate to Washington State.
[/quote]

I don't know what part of Washington Arthur lives in, but that comment really isn't fair. There have been many major busts of cocaine, crack, heroin, etc. dealers in my area. Those things aren't tolerated any more here than they are in Delaware, for example.
Http://www.chicagoreader.com/chicago/how-to-get-rid-of-the-local-drug-dealer/Content?oid=875133
When local law enforcement doesn't step in to solve an obvious problem that the locals are upset about, it leaves the door open for other kinds of organizing to take place.

In NYC, the Nation of Islam--not an organization I'm particularly fond of, but that's sort of part of my point--got tremendous traction in some communities because they were able to drive out the local drug dealers.
[quote]
On Mar 23, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

I don't know what part of Washington Arthur lives in, but that comment really isn't fair. There have been many major busts of cocaine, crack, heroin, etc. dealers in my area. Those things aren't tolerated any more here than they are in Delaware, for example.
[/quote]
I knew I'd get your attention with that one Bob! :-)
I know you did!

But it really is pretty nice where I live in the Seattle area. There's a reason this place frequently makes the top ten in the various lists of best places to live in America.
Isn't the love of rain another reason? :)
LOL. Not really! But it's probably why we have so many beautiful forests and lush vegetation. And most people are pretty friendly. (Even Bigfoot seems to get along.)
Probably smokin' some o' that BC "Purps". Our Bigfoot is Sasquatch, and he likes the "Arjan's Haze"...LOL!

:) Doug
[quote]
[/quote]

Illegal drugs houses are everywhere. I don't even need to mention how accessible they were when we lived in New York City. But you'd think moving to suburbia would be safer. Not so. Here's my homeowner nightmare story:

When our livelihood was destroyed by 9/11, my wife and I relocated from NYC to the fishing village of Gloucester, MA. We bought a little cottage in a great neighborhood right by the ocean. But even there, drug houses were prevalent. On the block behind us, a drug dealer had an overdose. And on our own street, two houses down lived a very wealthy real estate agent, whose daughter was a heroin addict. This mother thought the best way to prevent her daughter from running away from home, was to invite the girl's drug dealing boyfriend to move in with them! Needless to say, this caused a constant stream of traffic, drawing all sorts of unstable and dangerous low-lifes to our area. After several years of trouble, the house was finally raided and the boyfriend went to jail.

About 5 years ago we moved to Bremerton, WA. We own a beautiful 1933 brick Tudor house on a very good block. However, when we first took occupancy, we had no idea that our next-door neighbor, a mom of 3 young kids, was running a prostitution ring. Even worse, her teenage son was a drug dealing felon. Her behavior, and that of her girlfriends and their male customers - even out in the street at night - was like watching the Jerry Springer Show! But because she was friends with our bull-dyke block captain and another female neighbor, every effort to get rid of this unpleasantness failed.

Eventually the "madam" defaulted on her mortgage. We were overjoyed, because we thought that would be the end of it. But have you ever heard the saying, "scum always rises to the surface?" This was proven to be true. Because the madam's female friend offered her the use of her house, which she was abandoning! This is right across the street from us. So this madam became a squatter, moved right in, and recruited all her female "employees" and several male customers to help carry her possessions across the street!

So now, instead of being next door to us, The Springer Show was right in our faces. And so was the constant flow of low-lifes coming to buy drugs. Due to this influx, there were several car thefts and robberies on our street. We were often scared to leave our house, and when going on errands, we sometimes back-tracked and drove past our house again to make sure none of her low-life friends were casing our property.

We even had to call the cops on the madam's son one night at 2:00 am, when we found him prowling around in our back yard! This caused endless amounts of animosity, not least because she had the support of our illustrious block captain. But eventually, through consistent efforts on our part, we compromised her, and got the bank to force her out. Like most scumbags, she simply moved her business elsewhere without missing a beat.

But I'll tell you, it was such a relief to get rid of her and her operation! My wife and I couldn't wait for some decent folks to move in. But here's the problem: because it was now bank-owned, the house was selling for half its real value. And guess who bought it? The creep who is running the current drug operation!

Now here's some more background: Up until recently there was another drug house further down our street, which is not in our line of vision. This was a hard-core meth dealer. His immediate neighbors worked together and sent in reports, and it took several police visits over 2 years, but eventually his total disregard for the law worked against him. But it only worked because this drug-dealer was a renter. That allowed the authorities to involve his landlord and get him evicted. (But would you believe, the cops didn't arrest him ... he is reportedly already back in business in a different neighborhood).

Our biggest obstacle with the house across the street from us, is that the drug-dealing creep is not a renter. He owns the house. And that is a different story. Except for emailing suspicious activities to Police Department's Special Operations Group, and calling 911 whenever necessary, and pestering politicians, we are basically powerless. We can only hope that one day the cops will attempt to catch the perpetrators red-handed.

P.S. To answer Dougini: There is definitely pot being smoked at the house. But we think it's mostly recreational. All the neighbors are pretty sure they are dealing in harder drugs. This is based on observing the behavior of the residents (which is not typical of pot smokers). Plus the fact that hypodermic needles have been found on their property. And the many curb-side transactions we have seen in parked cars, with cash being exchanged for small packets.
[quote]
On Mar 23, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I know you did!

But it really is pretty nice where I live in the Seattle area. There's a reason this place frequently makes the top ten in the various lists of best places to live in America.
[/quote]

I know Seattle is nice. Though I've only been there twice. Once through SEA-TAC airport when I shipped to Alaska in 1967 and later in the mid eighties when I spent a few days at our printing facility in Federal Way. Very nice indeed. :-)

It's just when I hear stories like the one Arthur is telling, it angers me that our public officials won't do more to help folks like Arthur and his family. City officials/police, state officials/police, federai officials/feds. And you're right Bob, it's all over just like you say, here in Delaware as well. We're a small state so we don't get the attention or the large number of bad guys that the larger states do, but we have our problems too on a smaller scale. But we also bust a lot of them too.

I only wish for America what's good for all of us, and drug busting is a good thing. And I'm not talking about pot. I'm totally for legalizing it. But we have to do something about the hard stuff and the crime that goes with it.
[quote]
On Mar 23, 2014, Bob1Dog wrote:
And I'm not talking about pot. I'm totally for legalizing it. But we have to do something about the hard stuff and the crime that goes with it.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, it seems that pot very often leads to the hard stuff. That's what I've always heard, anyway. If that's true, would not increased pot use (i.e., more 1st time users who might not otherwise have tried it, & users who use it more than they perhaps than they would have prior to legalization) cause an increase in these types of situations?
No, Cannabis is not a "gateway" it does not lead to anything despite what "it seems to" you. Maybe that's all you hear because that is all you want to hear. It is not true.

You may be able to add some pressure by reporting the cars to 1-800-GRAB-DUI and get some of the customers to stop.
Chessman-

Marijuana is NOT a gateway drug. That's a myth.

Would you call alcohol a "gateway" to other drugs or anti-social and unhealthy behavior? SOME people do crazy things when they're drunk and probably try a lot of things they wouldn't try otherwise.
All things which are vices tend to precede other immoral or evil habits or practices.

.... And the land is filled with robbery and murder.
Arthur, that really makes me sick. Drugs are really a disease in our society. I use cannabis for Glaucoma. It works. I have friends who use it recreationally. None of them, even their dealers have ANYTHING to do with meth, cocaine, crack, Ecstasy/Molly or any of that. I know three independant (not state regulated) pot dealers in town. They forbid anything NOT cannabis-related.

All three of them are outstanding individuals! Their clientel are quiet, courteous, patient and considerate. I have not met one person I'd label a "druggie". Dozens of people! No loud music. No drama. 13-15 people were at one guy's place and I did magic for them! That was a treat!

I imagine there are less than savory drug-users here in town. I don't know them though. Every once in a while I hear about a bust. But that crap Arthur is putting up with...yow! I don't know what I'd do. That...just sucks... :rolleyes:

Doug
Buy them out Arthur. Where's there's muck there's brass. ;)
[quote]
On Mar 24, 2014, tommy wrote:
All things which are vices tend to precede other immoral or evil habits or practices.

.... And the land is filled with robbery and murder.
[/quote]

Two of the oldest of vices are gambling and drinking. They've been the doom of many a poor boy...

So how's the bar and gambling business going, tommy?
[quote]
On Mar 26, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
They've been the doom of many a poor boy...

[/quote]
<singing to myself in a gravelly voice> .....in the house of the ri-i-i-i-sing sun.
THE DUBLIN PENNY JOURNAL.

SO thousand times, whereas the atoms concerned in pro-
ducing the phenomena of nature, are doubtless millions
of times less than the smallest object whieh can be seen
with the naked eye." .

Odours are capable of a much wider diffusion, if we
are to ascribe their action to the radiation of atoms, and
not. as many suppose, to any affection of the medium by
which they are surrounded. A single grain of musk has
been known to perfume a room for the space of twenty
years.

And a piece of wire gilt with eight grains, or the six-
tieth of an ounce of gold, may be drawn out to a length
of 15,000 feet, the whole surface of it still remaining
covered with gold.

A grain of gold may be beaten to cover So square
inches, which is then only the hundred-thousandth _ part
of an inch thick ; and still it maintains all its qualities as
gold.

If a grain of gold be melted with a pound, or 5,760
grains of silver, and a single grain of the mass be dis-
solved in diluted nitric acid, the gold, though only the
5761st part of a grain, will fall to the bottom and be
visible ; while the silver remains dissolved in the acid.

A grain of silver may be beaten till a microscope shows
3000 distinct parts; if one of these be then dissolved,
it will tinge 18,000 grains of water; a grain is, there-
fore, divisible into 18,000,000 sensible parts !

A pound of cotton has been spun so fine, that it would
extend 168,000 yards, or 25 miles.

A quantity of vitriol being dissolved and mixed with
9000 times as much water, will tinge the whole; conse-
quently it will be divided into as many parts as there are
visible portions of matter in that water.

If a candle be lighted, it will then be visible about two
miles round; and, consequently, were it placed two
miles above the surface of the earth, it would fill with
luminous particles a sphere whose diameter is four miles,
and before it had lost any sensible part of its weight.

It is not, however, to be hence presumed that the space
is filled with luminous rays, for rays of light travel
200,000 miles in asecond, and 20 per second produce con-
tinuous vision. Hence, if we divide the circumference,
12 miles, or 7,200,000 tenths of an inch, there will, at
one time, be but 1,440 rays emanating from the candle,
so as to produce distinct vision two miles distant in every
tenth of an inch.— The effect of odours may be similar.
Indeed, a candle fixes oxygen while it parts with light.

Gambling

The fashionable absurdities in these matters are equally
amazing and dcsiructive. Do not we see men passing
their best hours, and their prime of life, in these scenes
of folly, whose rank, fortune, and natural abilities, might
entitle them to the highest offices in the Commonwealth?
Degrading themselves to the low level of professed game-
sters, and herding with these, as their chief intimates,
their bosom friends : blind to every kind of merit, but
that of the learned artist, whose boasted qualification is,
that he is both able and willing to ease them of the use-
less burthen of an estate. Yet, fond as they are of this
mad extravagance in theory, the practice of it is attended
with the most consummate misery. As the tide of for-
tune ebbs, at least, as often as it flows, so the sad reverse,
to which every adventurer is exposed, awakens by turns
every gloomy and accursed passion of the soul. Here
we may often see a numerous assembly of both sexes,
chained down by the magic of the fatal circle ; the sor-
cerer seated triumphant in the midst, with his instrument
of deceit before him ; at length the spell begins to work,
and the engine of falsehood is put in motion ; the en-
chanted crowd stand fixed with anxious eyes and beating
hearts, till, in the end, fate proclaims the magician victo-
rious ; who, by secret and unsuspected arts, hath conveyed
the wealth of his followers into his own pocket ; leaving
them nothing in return but the just reward of grief and
■vexation, indignation and remorse. Here one may often
see the fairest faces dimmed with envy, or kindling into
rage ; .by turns distracted with the tyranny of every vile
affection ; squandering those fortunes, which their provi-
far other hopes and expectations ; setting to the hazard
the very means of their future support — Here, then, be-
hold the wretch completed 1 Surrounded by a train of
inextricable miseries ! bis fortune vanished beyond re-
demption ! He cannot work ; and to beg he is ashamed :
he hath disgraced his ancestors, and ruined his posterity :
behind him he sees nothing but guilt and shame ; before
him, nothing but misery and despair. What then remains,
but that he throws the last fatal dye for eternity, and con-
clude the horrid scene by a halter, a dagger, or a pistol !
Or if his fury, horror, and despair, break not forth upon
himself, they are sure to discharge themselves on his fel-
low-creatures. His intemperate wants call aloud for era.
tilicatioi); and force must restore what folly deprived him
of. Hence the spirit of violence hath gone out among
us, and the land is filled with robbery and murder.

The common gaming house is doing well but the bar is not doing so good.

:)
Have you tried getting a gig? Potheads love magic.
The routine practically writes itself:

"I have here three ordinary, household mushrooms..."
How do you get rid of the local magician on your block?

Order a Pizza to some other block.
When I moved into my neighborhood I soon discovered that the place across the street was a full time grow house.

No problems, no crime, no late night riots etc. Due in no small part to the fact that it was a legal and regulated facility.
Due in no small part to the fact that we have legalized drugs there will now be far less unsavoury characters in jail and far more on the block. And do you have a spare bedroom?
Unsavoury characters? I know of NONE! Then again you might find ME unsavory...just sayin'...

Doug
[quote]
On Mar 27, 2014, tommy wrote:
Due in no small part to the fact that we have legalized drugs there will now be far less unsavoury characters in jail and far more on the block. And do you have a spare bedroom?
[/quote]

Who is "we," tommy? Washington State and Colorado have legalized regulated sales of recreational marijuana. Have they legalized drugs in addition to alcohol in Great Britain as well?

Carl Sagan- now THERE was an unsavory cannabis user if I ever saw one...
[quote]
On Mar 27, 2014, Dougini wrote:
Unsavoury characters? I know of NONE! Then again you might find ME unsavory...just sayin'...

Doug
[/quote]

Naw, I figure a little bit of gravy, a side of taters. You'd be just fine.
“We” Bob refers to those people who have legalised the vice, as opposed to those have not, obviously. The legalisation of this, immoral or evil habit or practice, results in more, socially or morally objectionable or offensive unsavoury characters out on the block, who would otherwise be in the prisons. Of course such people will draw all sorts of unstable and dangerous low-lifes to our friends area. Why there is no room to swing a cat without hitting an unsavoury character these days.
[quote]
On Mar 28, 2014, tommy wrote:
“We” Bob refers to those people who have legalised the vice, as opposed to those have not, obviously. The legalisation of this, immoral or evil habit or practice, results in more, socially or morally objectionable or offensive unsavoury characters out on the block, who would otherwise be in the prisons. Of course such people will draw all sorts of unstable and dangerous low-lifes to our friends area. Why there is no room to swing a cat without hitting an unsavoury character these days.
[/quote]

The approach to the issue that you advocate (criminalization and incarceration) has proven to be a miserable failure. Why do you cling to something that does not work?
Your mistake is thinking that I advocate criminalization and incarceration.
Haven't we been through this before?

Marijuana is bad because tommy says it is. Case closed.

How dare you people state your opinion and cite your statistics and facts?
What is wrong with all of you?
Where does Tommy say "Marijuana is bad"?
How about we start caning these drug dealers? :dancing:
[quote]
On Mar 28, 2014, tommy wrote:
Where does Tommy say "Marijuana is bad"?
[/quote]

Seriously, Tommy?

Your words from a few posts back:

[quote]The legalisation of this, immoral or evil habit or practice,...[/quote]

"Immoral or evil." Sure sounds like you don't approve. Do those words mean "good" in your book?
Well I might have been taking about alcohol.

:)
The inner and outer circles and our apparent ability to control either one with other is the very definition of magic. Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind.

How about using magic to get rid of drug dealer on your block?

If I were a dealer then I would do it if I thought I was under police surveillance. I guess such an illusion can be created in the mind. I like mission impossible.
Tommy-

I asked my friend, Doctor Crow, what the best way was to get rid of a drug dealer. He replied, "Easy, just undercut his prices."
Lol. It is true. If you can not beat them join them. Even if you get rid of one another will spring up to meet the demand. I moved from the city center, when we had our fist kid, to live out, in on the posh side, with the stockbrokers and all that. You know, thinking, well this is better place to bring up child. Turns out the biggest drug dealers live around here. Obviouly there is a lot money in the game and they come here to buy big houses. It is like going from small time to big time crime I guess. The gang is all here. Such is life. :)

Cool! Looks like smile is now working again.
Yes, I used to know a gentleman with a very posh London address who....

Anyway.

We live on what the local West Indian community call 'the front line'. It used to be much worse, when we moved in. Crack & Smack heads everywhere; there was a pub on the corner that had been completely taken over and they just sold on the street outside it. It was raided a couple of years ago; 40 police officers went in in riot gear. Guns, drugs etc. seized. It is shortly to reopen as a posh wine bar. Our area is really changing, thank goodness. My wife used to feel very nervous, which was horrible. Now they all know us anyway, and say hello to the kids etc. I guess we have just learned to accept it. And when I need a bit of puff... ;)
I wonder if the Vatican is a safe block.
You need to keep an eye on your wallet and children....
That's true- my children always were after my wallet.
Can I suggest the following? (Borrowed from reddit)

Change the name of your WiFi to something like "FBI Van No. 3." Helps if you've got a friend with a sketchy-looking van he can park down the street too.

Also, woo fifty posts!
How do you get rid of the local drug dealer on your block?

*Share a few cocktails with him...of the molotov variety. ;)

*This post was made purely in jest and is not meant to condone or promote violence or illegal activity. I even included the little winky smiley thingy so it would be taken that way. Just wanted to be clear on that, I'd hate to get banned because of a stupid joke.
Mr. Van Van Mojo,

YOU ARE HEREBY ORDERED TO CEASE AND DESIST

Whereas Molotov™ is a proper name, registered with Acme-RoadRunner International, we must demand you cease and desist using the term Molotov Cocktail™ in any way that could be construed as a generic use of the term. Molotov™ is always to be written with a capital M as it is the name of the inventor of the Molotov Cocktail™, but more importantly it is an important trademarked and patented asset of Acme-RoadRunner International. The Molotov Cocktail™ is a superior exploding persuasion technology, not to be confused with far inferior products that can have unfortunate unintended consequences.

Any questions can be forwarded to our lawyers at Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe.

Sincerely,
John Smith
Under Assistant West Coast Promotion Man
What is "Legalize it?" Oops, I'm slipping into the Jeopardy thread.
Arthur,
I just read this and it reminded me of the same situation in my mother's apartment complex a few years ago. These guys were selling hard core drugs like crack and the traffic of addicts coming in and out was out of control. At the time I called a narcotics division anonymously and gave them good details like the type of drugs being sold, description of characters selling, time of day/night, etc., etc.. Within days the police made several raids. Unfortunately, the dealers would reopen several days later but I would continue to make the calls.

Eventually, the dealers stopped. I think they got the message that the people living in there were fed up. The process didn't happen overnight but persistence paid off. I'm sure theses narc hotlines still exist but you may have to do the research. I don't think the local police station will do the trick. Good luck but most of all, don't let these dirt bags drive you out of your home, especially if that is not an option for you.

Roberto
Roberto,

Glad your persistence paid off. Our situation is still the same, i.e. business is booming and there's a consistent stream of traffic. All the neighbors have been sending daily reports to the SOG (Special Operations Group), which is what passes here for a Narcotics Division. So far no action has been taken, except for their friendly "knock and talk" in February, which only served to warn the creeps that they are being watched.

That said, the drug dealers are getting bolder and more careless! Several times now, we've seen teenage purchasers leaving the premises holding white packets. And just yesterday we saw a youth counting his money before entering the house. Couldn't be more blatant! But according to the detectives handling our case, they've got more dangerous drug houses to deal with. So we'll just have to keep doing what we're doing, and hope that one day our problem will be taken seriously.
Pics... News... Solution.
[quote]On Apr 13, 2014, Tom Cutts wrote:
Pics... News... Solution. [/quote]

Unless we can provide absolute proof (i.e. photo evidence of an actual transaction), a news story could result in a lawsuit for slander.
Get as many local and even state agencies involved as possible. Your alderman, police, dept of housing and inspection, parole/probation officers of any known people hanging around the place, states attorney etc. Sometime one agency can take steps that another one can't, won't, or doesn't have time for. Or can act on a basis that others can't. For instance if the police won't stay on top of the problem, housing may be able to take steps such as shutting the house down based on illegal activities or as a public nuisance.
Been there, done that, still doing it ... including chiding the realty agency ... who don't give a hoot.
If you can't beat them, join them. Become a bigger drug dealer until they go out of business.
[quote]On Apr 15, 2014, arthur stead wrote:
Been there, done that, still doing it ... including chiding the realty agency ... who don't give a hoot. [/quote]

It may take years. But as I said, you may stumble on an agency that will help eventually. There may be an agency that can lean on the realty agents or title holder in a way that you can't.
Thanks, Marlin1894 .... we'll keep up the pressure!

Dynamike: Good one!
Arthur,

Would it help if everyone in the neighbourhood put up cheap surveillance cameras?

Even if to save money they were dummy ones?

But it would need to be everyone at the same time so that no one was singled out for retribution.

If you cant chase them out perhaps the answer is to scare off business to the point they decide they'd do better elsewhere.
Said the Ministry of Love, which maintained law and order.