(Close Window)
Topic: Roni Schachnaey - Mystic Wallet
Hi guys,

Has anyone seen / used Roni's take on the p**k / secret wr**ing wallet yet?

http://www.merlinswakefield.com/index.php/viruemart-store/latest-products/mystic-wallet-by-roni-shachnaey-detail

Any opinions or reviews?
I would like to know too.
Http://marketplaceofthemind.com/products/mystwall/
Is this like the Strivings such wallet in size and performance ?
Looks bigger - the length is over 4 inches... (11 cm)
I've got one recently. It's a good quality p**k/wr***ng wallet. Nice solid construction, decent quality leather. Solid platform for the wr***ng Has the look of a card wallet rather than your day to day wallet. It's a good price for the quality. Only used it a few times so far in performance, but absolutely no problems so far.
This business card wallet will accommodate full sized playing cards, Richard Osterlind's premium paper used as billets and regular business cards.
I just went to Roni's house and he showed
me the wallet.
Very very good.
Can hold a lot of stuff inside.
for me it was the zipper on the hot side that
made me buy it. It hides the idea of a slit.
great thinking.

Lior
The zip idea look nice to hide the hot side,
i like to be able to cassually flash both sides before use it,
i find it a bit expensive however,

pantera from outow effects looks of much better quality, however, there you cannot show both sides, well, you can, but a window in a wallet is quite suspicous in my opinion
I just received this today and am absolutely enchanted with it and will most definitely obtaining another. It is beautifully made in a fine, thick leather and precision and masterfully crafted for those with exquisite and discriminating tastes. The right side contains a gusset that can easily hold a decent sized stack of business cards. The left side contains two regular pockets and one hot pocket. The outside provides an SUC type feature deceptively masqueraded behind a non-functional zipper that looks absolutely normal that draws absolutely no undue attention whatsoever. This is definitely one of the finest wallets I own and I own quite a few. Worth every penny and an absolutely gorgeous tool for the working professional that comes very highly recommended.
Message: Posted by: MentalistCreationLab (May 20, 2016 10:47PM)
The Roni Schachnaey - Mystic Wallet is really cool and I like it for certain types events where I want a different image or a bit more in the wallet storage when I do not want to use the Mark's S.U.C.. Both wallets are well made. Although I do tend to use Mark's a bit more than the other but its a good wallet.
No photos...too bad.
Https://youtu.be/UTV3Ism8mfo
The wallet is excellent. It is made of quality leather and has a gusset that can hold up to 20 business cards. There are additional slots for cards. The external zipper is a great feature.
Not happy about the exposure in that video. Though the zipper serves a useful function, IMO it's too big.
He's complaining that he only gets paper instructions, not a DVD?

Barry
I know. Right? Although I do not agree with the blatant exposure in this video, it did convince me to order this absolutely fantastic wallet when I was hesitant beforehand. The same with a video I saw for the TeleThought wallet. However the zipper may appear in the video, it does not appear unusual in life and draws no undue attention. If you love your SUC or Chimera, you will probably be delighted by this wallet as well.
Hmm, it is kind of growing on me. But jeez, I don't need another peek wallet, do I?

It certainly looks sturdier than the SUC...
That is the thing with wallets for many of us. I own far too many as well. If you don't want to be tempted then don't even look at The Chimera wallet :D
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (May 27, 2016 09:26AM)
[quote]On May 27, 2016, rmendez wrote:
That is the thing with wallets for many of us. I own far too many as well. If you don't want to be tempted then don't even look at The Chimera wallet :D [/quote]

Why......oh why...... Did you have to post that, and MADE me look the Chimera up? ...... Now I am fighting back buying one....?

RAY
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (May 27, 2016 09:27AM)
I think that I may like Roni's wallet better than the SUC...

Ray
The Chimera and Mystic wallets are so nice that I just had to buy another upon receiving them. I do like the size and sleekness of my SUC wallets; however if I'm wearing a shirt with a pocket. In my research, I believe these wallets to be best at what they do and appear precisely like what they are supposed to be no ID windows. I also like the Stealth Assasin but the SUC was implemented on the right side for some reason.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (May 27, 2016 12:25PM)
[quote]On May 27, 2016, rmendez wrote:
That is the thing with wallets for many of us. I own far too many as well. If you don't want to be tempted then don't even look at The Chimera wallet :D [/quote]

Can you insert a calling card inside of the notepad case or a small envelope? I would like to remove a page from the notepad and place it on the cover of the closed notepad case. You know, so that the person can write of the paper and hand me back the case (wallet)

Ray
Apparently, the creator of the Chimera wallet basically said to Mark Strivings: "FU I can release it without permission and you can't stop me".

Kind of a d move.

But it sucks that if you're looking for a high quality wallet that incorporates the SUC feature, the SUC isn't really it....

I just ordered the Mystic Wallet, looking forward to it.
With all due respect to Mark Strivings whom I greatly admire and respect, I've read that the Mystic Wallet actually predates the SUC but I do not know that to be a factual statement. I do know; however, that very little, if anything, can be considered a new and original concept in the art of magic worthy of exclusivity or patent as much of it either derives from or has resided in the public domain for ages. With that being said it seems trivial to require approval or permission to implement a similar feature in a completely different style or wallet design but that is only my personal opinion. Let us face the SUC for what it truly is. I have seen the exact same types of disputes over cup designs and dimensions in varying materials and found them to be equally ludicrous. That would be tantamount to an automobile company requiring permission from other manufacturers to implement standard features like doors and wheels. Anyway, I think you will love both the Mystic Wallet and the Chimera. I love the SUC for it's sleakness but if you are looking for business card wallets of substantially greater substance, those two are the only ones I've found to be commercially available.
I've used my original SUC for at least 20 years and it is still in perfect shape, showing little sign of wear. In fact, it is indistinguishable from the brand new ones I obtained earlier this year. To infer that it lacks substance, is simply false. It is a high quality, long lasting, professionally made device. It works far more smoothly and reliably than the "SUC function" that I've seen built into any multi-purpose wallet.

And the SUC is NOT a wallet. It's a simple business card case- something that you can let a participant hold without raising any eyebrows.
You're saying that your original SUC is indistinguishable from the new one? Because I've heard exactly the opposite from a number of people...
That's EXACTLY what I'm saying.

My original SUC was version one. My new ones are a version one and a version two. Both the old and new ones are black leather.The version ones are identical. I even showed both of them to some attendees at the last MINDVention and no one could tell them apart.

The version two, on the other hand, does look different than version one, because it has two extra pockets inside. But, even if you looked at all three of them, you probably couldn't tell which one was twenty years older than the other two. The new ones are the same top quality as the old.
I share Bob's opinion. For me, bulk does not equal quality and a zipper does not equal stealth. If anything, a zipper begs to be unzipped if left in some participants' hands.
Like anything else, it comes down to intended use and personal preference. Personally, I agree with those who have shared their opinion the Mystic Wallet is well made of quality leather, and is in fact 'sturdy'. It is. Mystic is a fantastic wallet that does exactly what it says on the tin.
Got the Mystic wallet. It's nice, definitely thicker leather and holds more cards than the SUC. The zipper is fine, seemed a little big in the images but as Mr. Mendez says, it's fine in real life..

The hot pocket is deeper and the wallet is a touch wider on the short end than the SUC, as such there is a bit more cover for loading and stealing billets. The Peek in the SUC is a little better though, with the Mystic you need to push it down into the pocket to get a good portion of the card to show up. It's a minor difference.

I really need to quit walleting... but the Stealth Assassin is on it's way from Alakazam, so... And I just saw a demo of the Telethought 2 and I didn't realize that I want it also...

(I have like new Outlaw Showdown for sale btw, please buy it)
Mention has been made about the 'new' SUC being different from the original many years ago in some way. Absolutely false. The recent rerelease of the SUC is identical to the cases that I had out many years ago, and yes they are indistinguishable from those original cases. Whatever you may have heard to the contrary was either a misunderstanding or just plain false info.
With the Mystic wallet I just push the card down until it hits my palm which positions it perfectly. The same with the Chimera. You will like the TeleThought II as well. The handling is different from it's predecessor but is equally if not a bit more deceptive. My SUC wallets, the standard by which all others are measured, are awesome too. It is the only wallet that will comfortably fit in any shirt pocket. For completeness, I just acquired the very rare Vendetta walle from a third party seller which combines features from the SUC and Caper Case. It is rumored that approximately only 50 were made.
After seeing the demo for the telethought, I realized that the Pantera filter can also be used to simulate an empty window. Two cards in the outside pocket over the filter.
You certainly have quite the collection going!
I take it you don't own one. The TeleThought wallet is a completely different animal that has absolutely nothing in common with any other wallet out there aside from the fact that it is a peek wallet. It is the James Bond of peek wallets where you have to actually see what it does to believe it.
Yeah, hasn't arrived yet. I have one on the way. Watching the demo, it seems like the filter is used to simulate an empty window (albeit on the inside). I was thinking that the Pantera could be used that way too. Have two cards in the window, take one out and give it to the spec. Of course it goes in the zipper, then remove the other card and get the peek. It looks like the window is just empty after you take out the second card. I actually like that handling a lot better.
The TeleThought wallet contains a filter unlike any other that is no longer being manufactured by 3M. It allows viewing that is clear as day from the performer's perspective but appears pitch black like an empty ID window from every other perspective. It has absolutely nothing in common with the Pantera and you are in for a real surprise. With regards to mentalism, it is the most amazing technology that I have ever witnessed.
Mr laugh, you need to get the espionage unless you already have it.

J
Pretty happy with the Cassidy, but at the current rate, I'll probably end up with one. My SAW showed up today....
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jun 6, 2016 05:23PM)
(Stand up and clear throat) My name is Ray Noble and I am a recovering wallet junky...... (Wipe tear from eye and sit)

You guys have a wallet addiction and that is one monster to break....... :)

Ray
I don't get why - I barely use them in performing! There's just something so alluring about a tricky wallet....
I am a wallet junkie too but mine get used every opportunity I get :)
[quote]On Jun 6, 2016, Last Laugh wrote:
I don't get why - I barely use them in performing! ... [/quote]

Nor should you, particularly in stage or platform work.

I've heard some guys brag that they carry a whole show in their wallets. I always ask, "Why would you do that? Do people who've seen your show before ask you if you brought your magic wallet with you?"
I'm totally with you Bob. This is something card magicians typically don't get either. Too much of anything is a bad thing. God. I would hope no one is using a wallet on the platform since they are best utilized when performing for small groups in intimate settings.
This is one of my all time favourite p**k/s****t wr****g wallets and I have been speaking with Mark and Phil at Merlins about the possibility of them ressurecting this little beauty!

Until then, if anyone here in the UK is selling theirs, please message me as I am on the lookout for a spare.

I don't need the pendulum, Ouija card/sheet, instructions or box, just the wallet itself.

All the best,

Paul McCaig.
I would love to get my hands on a backup!! Best of luck getting them remade Paul!
[quote]On Jul 23, 2019, illusioneer wrote:
I would love to get my hands on a backup!! Best of luck getting them remade Paul! [/quote]

Thank you illusioneer,

I will keep pushing Mark and Phil and keep Café members informed :)

All the best,
Paul McCaig.