(Close Window)
Topic: New Cold Reading Book!
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that my next project will be my Ice Cold System! It's going be a hardback book. The book will contain the method to my personal cold reading system. I've already started writing it, and expect it to be finished, and on the market by June. With this system I won't hold anything back, and you will be able with practice AND give DETAILED readings that can last up to an hour. The hit rate on my system is 95% to 100%.

There are no Barnum Statements, and I will teach you how to get CRAZY hits from VERY personal aspects of the person's past and present. It has been tried and tested on thousands of people. What I'm teaching here is the closest thing to being a real "Psychic" as possible. The system is easy to learn, but a lot to digest. I think it will make you feel VERY comfortable going out, and giving readings, because it's set up to were you can't fail.

I'm really excited about this project. A lot of YEARS have went into devloping this system. I think readers OF ALL levels will be VERY happy.

Best Wishes,

Morgan
This sounds awesome Morgan!!

Can't wait for this :) will it be a limited release?
Hey Matt,

Yes it will be a limited release! I'm not sure how many copies yet, but not a lot.

Morgan
Okay sweet as :) can't be wait
Hey Matt,

I will keep you posted!! :)

Morgan
This video shows about a minute of a 20 minute long reading that I used to lead into Razors Edge. I had to cut it down for obvious reasons. It's not a cold reading DVD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQZNsnSpTzM&feature=youtu.be

Morgan
I wish you well in this endeavor.

Bobby
Good luck with this. I'm always happy to read another book on reading.
Thanks guys! I appreciate it a lot!!
Subscribed
Can't wait---will this be on pre-order, or will we have to wait until June to order? Just want to be clear on this so any of us that want in don't miss the boat! Thanks!

Regards,
Mike
Thanks Mike! I will probably put this on a VERY short preorder. The reason being it will be limited to only a 100 copies!

Best wishes,

Morgan

I will keep YOU posted!
Thanks, Morgan! I'm very excited about this release of yours, and wish you the best!

Regards,
Mike
Sounds intriguing.
Morgan was telling me about this a while back and I've heard about it from a few people, to get the reaction like Morgan did in the demo is amazing enough and the fact that this is only a small chunk of what is possible is really amazing in itself. I don't want to let this one slip past me, so go a head and count me in!

-Jakob
I'm excited to announce that Peter Turner is going to overview this project, and even write some of his own thoughts on the subject! :)

Morgan
WOW! really looking forward to this! it sounds really interesting (:
Hi Morgan,

I'm very interested in this, is ther a mailing list I can sign up to?

Sylar
Your new book sounds really exciting! Looking forward to it :)
Could you give us a little more info please? because all I could get from that vid was that you whispered something, and then used a forer sounding line or two, or rather - what came across as one, what is the system in play please?

is it like a hybrid of mentalism techniques mixed in with canned lines, or is it based around a true/pure system? cheers...
Hey Morgan,

Can you keep me in the loop too please :-)

Thanks,

David
[quote]On Apr 18, 2014, IAIN wrote:
Could you give us a little more info please? because all I could get from that vid was that you whispered something, and then used a forer sounding line or two, or rather - what came across as one, what is the system in play please?

is it like a hybrid of mentalism techniques mixed in with canned lines, or is it based around a true/pure system? cheers... [/quote]

Fantastic question! I'm interested in the answer to this, as well! Love to know a little bit more about the project's contents, but I'm definitely intrigued.
[quote]On Apr 15, 2014, Morgan Strebler wrote:
Thanks Mike! I will probably put this on a VERY short preorder. The reason being it will be limited to only a 100 copies!

Best wishes,

Morgan

I will keep YOU posted! [/quote]

Hi Morgan,

I would really like to be put on a possible mailing/preorder list for your new project Ice Cold. Is that possible? It sound great indeed!

Best regards,

Mikkel,
Denmark
Really looking forward to this release!
Dear Morgan,

Same for me too. If you have some sort of pre-order list, then please put me on!

Thanx in advance

Gijs
It looks like the clip involves both cold reading and hot reading/p** s***, no? Was the name reveal and whispered information strictly cold reading? Is that part detailed in the book as well?
Morgan, can you address all of the outstanding questions on this thread? I need the same clarifications. Thanks.

Regards,
Mike
Hey Guys,

Sorry I've been away for a bit.. I will answer all qwestions tonight! :)

Best Wishes,

Morgan
Have Razor's Edge as of yesterday....can't wait to try it out...but have same questions from the vid and would like to be on preorder list, Morgan.
Thanks,
Bill Meeker ("Doc Ben") :sun:
Hey Morgan,

Received the Razor's Edge and the Liquid Metal dvd's. Please add my name to your list for your upcoming book.
Thanks.
Hi Morgan,

You are probably writing all of the responses as I type this. I look forward to the update.

Regards,
Mike
Morgan has been extremely busy, Ive been using his system for the last couple of years, I will attest that it is a real system, no hot reading involved, there is an actual way of divining names with this system. I was also there when the video was shot, We went into a bar an asked if anyone would be interested in seeing some magic, and that girl was one of the people that came out with us. What you see in the video is what happened , we did have to cut it down because the reading itself was about 20 minutes. No questions were asked prior to, nor anything was written, no mentalism ploys were used, just 100% cold reading. I will say this though there are some things that I have seen Morgan do, that he cant explain to me how he does it, its actually kinda freaky lol, like we were eating at a Chinese buffet and we started talking to an old guy there, Morgan started doing his reading, and he told the guy that he had 3 grand kids, the man started arguing he had 8, then Morgan kept saying no you really got 3, and then the old man said "well 3 are my biological grand kids" ,that to me was insane, anyone else would have just moved on as a miss and hoped they forgot about it, it threw me off when Morgan kept arguing about it lol. Im sure hes working on a way to explain it, just for this book. Hopefully that gives a little more insight.
It would have been nice to see some of what was cut from the video.
What is left does not appear to be anything, at least to me.

I understand not wanting to show too much though. It is tough finding the right balance.
I would also be interested in seeing the full 20 minutes, especially if it were engaging and stimulating for the spectator.

Regards,
Mike
What would be really great is a demonstration video of the same style as Peter Turner's 'The Gift' which demonstrates fully, clearly and directly without revealing anything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2zOgt4NEsc
Hi guys,

Sorry I've been away. My mom fell and broke her leg and had to have surgery. Then she fell and broke it again, and had to have the procedure done again. I've also been VERY busy with Razor's Edge orders, and bookings. I'm here now though to answer your questions. This book is already around 300 pages, and it doe have an actual system to the readings. It has several core foundations that help you build around your cold reading act. It's a home base if you will. This safety net allows you to venture off, and go absolutely cold. If you happen to start missing at first and are a beginner you have this foundation to fall back on. I cover three different foundations in the book Tarot, Palm Reading, and Rune Stones. They build into my system. You will learn how to divine names, making people cry EVERYTIME, and being their rock to lean on, Age reading (give full reading based on a persons age), The whisper in the ear, and knowing stuff from peoples past that COMPLETELY impossible. How to listen to your sitter.. There is no Mentalism ploys used here or H** R****** involved nobody EVER writes anything down. There Is so MUCH to name on here! I just wanted to give a few examples, and explain a little more about the book. I also want to state that the book will most likely come with a Tarot Deck and Rune Stones.

Best wishes,

Morgan
Hi Morgan,
Thanks for the info. You can count me in.
When this is available I would love to see a review by one of the known established readers here.
[quote]On Jun 1, 2014, seadog93 wrote:
When this is available I would love to see a review by one of the known established readers here. [/quote]

What he said.
This sounds really exciting, Morgan. Can't wait for Ice Cold to be released. I have an intuition this is going to be a powerhouse work, and will be among the first to place my order!
Ice Cold goes on Pre Order today!
OK
How do we pre order?
It's on pre order now at www.morganstrebler.com.
Message: Posted by: Harry the magic man (Jun 1, 2014 08:58PM)
Thank you Morgan.
:)
Harry
The first 50 Pre Orders of Ice Cold will come signed, and with a FREE Tarot Deck!!

I'm please to announce the contributors of the book. They are in no special order because they are all brilliant Ulises Galeano, Peter ThePerceptionist Turner, and Colin McLeod!! I'm VERY excited about this book!!

Thanks,

Morgan
That's fantastic. I can hardly wait for this book.
Thank you Morgan.
[quote]On May 31, 2014, Morgan Strebler wrote:
Hi guys,

Sorry I've been away. My mom fell and broke her leg and had to have surgery. Then she fell and broke it again, and had to have the procedure done again. I've also been VERY busy with Razor's Edge orders, and bookings. I'm here now though to answer your questions. This book is already around 300 pages, and it doe have an actual system to the readings. It has several core foundations that help you build around your cold reading act. It's a home base if you will. This safety net allows you to venture off, and go absolutely cold. If you happen to start missing at first and are a beginner you have this foundation to fall back on. I cover three different foundations in the book Tarot, Palm Reading, and Rune Stones. They build into my system. You will learn how to divine names, making people cry EVERYTIME, and being their rock to lean on, Age reading (give full reading based on a persons age), The whisper in the ear, and knowing stuff from peoples past that COMPLETELY impossible. How to listen to your sitter.. There is no Mentalism ploys used here or H** R****** involved nobody EVER writes anything down. There Is so MUCH to name on here! I just wanted to give a few examples, and explain a little more about the book. I also want to state that the book will most likely come with a Tarot Deck and Rune Stones.

Best wishes,

Morgan [/quote]

Hi Morgan,

A couple of questions before I hit the purchase botton.

1. How much can be done without the Rune Stones and Tarok Cards? I'm a great fan of the organic way you do it on the video clip.
2. Is the whisper thing kind of similar to Peter Turner's stuff on Devil in Disguise. I never got hold of his DVD, but the principle absolutely fascinates me.
Hey Mikkel,

You don't have to rely on Tarot or Runes. I personally use Palms. You can just give straight cold readings if you want. My crazy ass eyes make it hard for me to do that. lol He is adding his whisper effect, and mine is completly different. There are some other GREAT contributors to the book such as Peter Turner, Colin McLeod, Ulises Galeano, and Paul Voodini!
[quote]On Jun 2, 2014, Morgan Strebler wrote:
The first 50 Pre Orders of Ice Cold will come signed, and with a FREE Tarot Deck!!

I'm please to announce the contributors of the book. They are in no special order because they are all brilliant Ulises Galeano, Peter ThePerceptionist Turner, and Colin McLeod!! I'm VERY excited about this book!!

Thanks,

Morgan [/quote]

Hi Morgan,

Is there something special about this Tarot deck? Is it custom made for this project?

Regards,
AH
Hey Adam,

It's just a regulat Tarot deck. Just throwing it in. Some people may not own one. In the book the meanings of ALL the tarot cards have been custom written and will fit most every deck.

Morgan
First page of Introduction to Ice Cold

What is Intuition in the Dictionary?
The Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary definitions of intuition are:
In-tu-ition (noun)-
1: immediate apprehension or cognition without reasoning or inferring
2: knowledge or conviction gained by intuition
3: the power or faculty of gaining direct knowledge or cognition
without evident rational thought and inference

So, that means intuition by definition would not be reasoning, inference, or rational thought. And without rational thought, that would also eliminate intellect, judgment and common sense. Very few people reach intuition, but with this book you will be as close to that as possible.

This is the Cold Reading System that I have been doing for multiple years, it has developed over the years to what it is today, an entire foundation that you can use on any oracle, whether that be, tarot cards, playing cards, runes, or palm reading, as well as a script I have created over the years, to make it easier to remember, that you can come back to if the reading starts going downhill, it has been battle tested in all conditions, and places. It is the script I used to become the number one psychic on five actual psychic websites in less than a month (per a bet that I had with Ulises Galeano).

Throughout this book I will give you nuggets of information that I have acquired through experience in the real world through a multitude of years. I will take you from a complete beginner, to a seasoned pro by the time you are done reading this book. I often get asked how I get people to cry or freak out so much about what I say to them, this is covered in the advanced sections of the book. As well as how to be their rock to lean on when this happens, because you want to make them feel as good as possible while giving them extremely strong information about their lives, information that there would be no way to know unless you were a genuine psychic. Things like names of their loved ones, that has a backup script in case you miss the name, that will be leave them more surprised about how you knew. As well as branching systems to get pin point hits, based on their age, you will be able to tell their hobbies, and traumatic events in their lives, as well as some of the medications that they are taking or drug use.

I didn’t like the other systems how others cold read; it sounded like fishing, too much, and hated hot reading. So I wanted to create something with the same results as hot reading but purely cold reading, I also always believed that Cold Reading, is being able to go out and connect with someone on a level weather be a psychic entertainer level, or personal level. Being able to tell things to people that only they know about themselves being past present or future, and entertain them with no props, no magic no mentalism and just connect mind to mind. This book will allow you to do just that!
There will also be a secret forum for Ice Cold owners to discuss, share thoughts, and ideas. Plus I'll be on there helping with any problems daily!
Order placed! Very excited and looking forward to reading your new book, Morgan!
Thanks Enotskcaib,

I appreciate your order! I hope you enjoy the book! I'm VERY proud of it! :)

Thanks,

Morgan
I've ordered one, also. I hope the release date is early because I'll be back in the States for a month in mid-July and hope to take the book with me. I live in Korea and don't want to wait until August for it. Still, it would be a nice welcome home present ... nah, I want to take it with me.
Hello Everyone,

I had a chance to see a clip with the Ice Cold system in play, and I'm sharing it with you here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QHaBUpelO0

As you can see, this has the potential to create such high level emotional bonds with your spectators. Great work on this, Morgan and Ulises!

Regards,
Mike
I liked that clip.
I thought it was a good mentalism routine with a lot of potential for a reading. I didn't really see much reading (in the way I think of it/phrase it) though.

...that is a sweet crossed keys tattoo, btw!
Hi Everyone,

In the interest of fairness, it has come to my attention that there is more at play in the clip that just Morgan's thinking. The video is also a performance from one of the effects of Andreu's latest book, MindSight:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

The effect is called SentiMental. Yes, for the kicker ending it does uses a bit from Morgan's / Ulises personal cold reading approach, but the premise of the effect is from Andreu's new book.

So you won't be able to do it exactly like shown in the video unless you read both books and apply the explained approaches.

I hope this clarifies things for some of you out there.

Regards,
Mike

[quote]On Jun 4, 2014, insight wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I had a chance to see a clip with the Ice Cold system in play, and I'm sharing it with you here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QHaBUpelO0

As you can see, this has the potential to create such high level emotional bonds with your spectators. Great work on this, Morgan and Ulises!

Regards,
Mike [/quote]
How much is the preorder? The link on the private message does not list price.
The price of the book is $300, and I predict it will be a must-read item for all those interested in cold reading.

Regards,
Mike

[quote]On Jun 4, 2014, StuartPalm wrote:
How much is the preorder? The link on the private message does not list price. [/quote]
Hey Mikkel,

You don't have to rely on Tarot or Runes. I personally use Palms. You can just give straight cold readings if you want. My crazy ass eyes make it hard for me to do that. lol He is adding his whisper effect, and mine is completly different. There are some other GREAT contributors to the book such as Peter Turner, Colin McLeod, Ulises Galeano, and Paul Voodini! [/quote]

I just placed my order. I'm looking forward to the release, Morgan!! :)
Not trying to be a jerk here or anything but for 300 bucks Id hope ever order would be signed and a deck.... just saying...

Thanks,

Morgan [/quote]
Buy or don't buy, but I don't know why people want to !@#$% about the price. It is what it is. Think it's too much? Don't buy it, but let Morgan (or any author, because this happens all the time here) choose to price it as he or she wants.
Morgan,
Although I'm not new to cold reading, I certainly have a tremendous amount I desire and need to learn. I believe this book will put me on the path and that's why I didn't hesitate for a second to purchase it on the first day it became available. I am SO looking forward to receiving and using the Ice Cold System.
Thanks for writing it,
Gaunt
Gaunt, why this book specifically and not Morgans other works? Or Bob Cassidys or even Peter Turners products??
Sorry for my curiosity, it's just sound way too specific to me.
Gaunt, why this book specifically and not Morgans other works? Or Bob Cassidys or even Peter Turners products??
Sorry for my curiosity, it's just sound way too specific to me.

airztonne, in answer to your question, I own three of Morgan's other works. I have the utmost respect for Bob Cassidy as he is a legend and always will be. I hope to begin purchasing "Bob Cassidy's Guide to The Jinx" this month. Thanks to the threads in the Magic Café I have recently purchased products of Turner, Finley, Alexander, Vlad, Webster, Rowland and others. Thank you for the questions.
Gaunt
[quote]On Jun 6, 2014, Gaunt wrote:

Thanks to the threads in the Magic Café I have recently purchased products of Turner, Finley, Alexander, Vlad, Webster, Rowland and others. Thank you for the questions.
Gaunt [/quote]

Must have been an expensive couple of months!
Hi Chamberlain,
I guess it has been. I failed to list Ash as a May purchase. Great to interact with a member from Scotland.
Thanks for the comment.
Gaunt
Mr Strebler, Does the system enable to make "predictions", since we are at the nearest of this (the definition you give of intuition says that it is no conscious knowledge, but actually that doesn't mean we have not unconsciously grabbed pebles of information we then assemble for our internal reasoning, so I will differ a bit with you on that point), from written pieces or phone calls?
Or do you have to have people in front of you?

Finally, my question comes to "can you make it blindly, with only words as data for starters"?
Do you even need starters?

I am very interested with this product. But as a neuroscientist, and someone very much interested by psychology
and behavior (talk about professional quirks...), some of your claims are really "magical",
so it is hard for me not to wonder about its workings and possibilities...

I am especially intrigued about your use of patterns to identify the things you want to know in your subjects?
Does it use such things? Because in the end, we really are very different, and some things are purely random (like
given names), so how could you read that using such things?

Thanks by advance for your insights
Hi Everyone,

In the interest of fairness, it has come to my attention that there is more at play in the clip that just Morgan's thinking. The video is also a performance from one of the effects of Andreu's latest book, MindSight:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

The effect is called SentiMental. Yes, for the kicker ending it does uses a bit from Morgan's / Ulises personal cold reading approach, but the premise of the effect is from Andreu's new book.

So you won't be able to do it exactly like shown in the video unless you read both books and apply the explained approaches.

I hope this clarifies things for some of you out there.

Regards,
Mike

[/quote]

Thanks for claryfying.

Btw, the link is wrong, this is the correct link for MindSight:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=554928&forum=218

Cheers,

Andreu.
Hello Everyone,

Regards,
Mike [/quote]

So to confirm aside from the fact that it's Andreu's effect with the whole think of an emotion part, what Ulises is doing theres is Morgans Ice Cold system?

In other words, Ulises correctly guessed it was about her giving birth completely cold?
Folks,

In accordance with "magicians helping magicians", I am posting the link for the other Ice Cold System thread in Latest and Greatest:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=555343&forum=218&start=30

As you will read, there exist serious concerns among leading mentalists and cold readers regarding Morgan's work. I will let you all make your own determination about implications from these leaders in our field with such harsh words for the Ice Cold System.

Morgan, it would be greatly appreciated if you could add your thoughts. Thanks.

Regards,
Mike
Who is Ulises and why did Morgan bring him in to the project? I've seen him post here occasionally but he's no Jerome, Luke, Looch, Docc, Bob or Iain.

My guess is Morgan brought him in to add legitimacy but seems an odd choice.

I think Morgan overplayed this release - $300 seems a stretch.
[quote]On Jun 9, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Who is Ulises and why did Morgan bring him in to the project? I've seen him post here occasionally but he's no Jerome, Luke, Looch, Docc, Bob or Iain.

I think Morgan overplayed this release - $300 seems a stretch. [/quote]

Good question. What about the contributors Morgan mentioned: Paul Voodini, Colin McCloud and Peter Turner? Have they previewed Ice Cold? If yes, will they comment on its contents?
I'm a big fan of Paul Voodinis work (bought a bunch of his pdfs over the years) and would love to know his thoughts. Whilst someone like Colin is superb at what he does, along with Peter, I don't think they have the same experience working solely as a cold reader/psychic that Paul has.
Morgan and others set the bar VERY high with the price tag from a performer that has little track record in cold readings in terms of releases.

I think its best to walk before you run - Morgan could have released this as perhaps a $60 book and underpromised/overdelivered.

But with this... it seems a shame really.

Scryers Band Of Readers is less $$$ by far.

If Morgan is paying attention he might be wise to dial the price WAY back, lower expectations, and let some buzz get created over a new baby.

This seems like buzz kill at $300
I believe Morgan's mother has been ill/had an accident.
Hi Morgan,

I hope all is well on your end. When you get a chance, can you let us know which 5 psychic websites you were ranked as the #1 psychic? Also, can you let us know the names of the other cold reading systems that you mention below you don't like? Thanks.

Regards,
Mike

In-tu-ition (noun)-

So, that means intuition by definition would not be reasoning, inference, or rational thought. And without rational thought, that would also eliminate intellect, judgment and common sense. Very few people reach intuition, but with this book you will be as close to that as possible.

This is the Cold Reading System that I have been doing for multiple years, it has developed over the years to what it is today, an entire foundation that you can use on any oracle, whether that be, tarot cards, playing cards, runes, or palm reading, as well as a script I have created over the years, to make it easier to remember, that you can come back to if the reading starts going downhill, it has been battle tested in all conditions, and places. It is the script I used to become the number one psychic on five actual psychic websites in less than a month (per a bet that I had with Ulises Galeano).

Throughout this book I will give you nuggets of information that I have acquired through experience in the real world through a multitude of years. I will take you from a complete beginner, to a seasoned pro by the time you are done reading this book. I often get asked how I get people to cry or freak out so much about what I say to them, this is covered in the advanced sections of the book. As well as how to be their rock to lean on when this happens, because you want to make them feel as good as possible while giving them extremely strong information about their lives, information that there would be no way to know unless you were a genuine psychic. Things like names of their loved ones, that has a backup script in case you miss the name, that will be leave them more surprised about how you knew. As well as branching systems to get pin point hits, based on their age, you will be able to tell their hobbies, and traumatic events in their lives, as well as some of the medications that they are taking or drug use.

I didn’t like the other systems how others cold read; it sounded like fishing, too much, and hated hot reading. So I wanted to create something with the same results as hot reading but purely cold reading, I also always believed that Cold Reading, is being able to go out and connect with someone on a level weather be a psychic entertainer level, or personal level. Being able to tell things to people that only they know about themselves being past present or future, and entertain them with no props, no magic no mentalism and just connect mind to mind. This book will allow you to do just that! [/quote]
Hi guys - thought I would add my thoughts/impressions about Morgan's book. As you may be aware I am listed as a contributor. Morgan got in touch with me probably 2 weeks ago and wanted to tell me about his new cold reading book. We discussed it for around 30 minutes on the phone. His ideas sounded good, made sense, and (perhaps most importantly) workable. He had one little tip that he shared with me that I thought was a stroke of genius - but obviously I can't share it with you! :)

After talking with me, Morgan asked if I would like to contribute anything. I told him that I was far too busy at the moment with various projects and issues at home to write anything new for the project, but I would gladly contribute my Cold Reading Lecture Notes. He was happy to accept this, and I contributed it as a gift, no payment required. My understanding is that my contribution is an added bonus, an extra, rather than something that makes up the bulk of the work.

I have no idea what Pete and Colin have contributed. But I am sure it will be great, as they are two of the stand-out thinkers in mentalism at the moment. Likewise with Morgan's work.

From my conversation with him, I know that Morgan is a passionate guy with a real love for his work and this book in particular. It isn't my place to comment on the price-tag as I haven't read the work. I merely added my contribution to him as a favour.

Hope this helps to clarify things.
[quote]On Jun 11, 2014, Voodini wrote:
Hi guys - thought I would add my thoughts/impressions about Morgan's book. As you may be aware I am listed as a contributor. Morgan got in touch with me probably 2 weeks ago and wanted to tell me about his new cold reading book. We discussed it for around 30 minutes on the phone. His ideas sounded good, made sense, and (perhaps most importantly) workable. He had one little tip that he shared with me that I thought was a stroke of genius - but obviously I can't share it with you! :)

After talking with me, Morgan asked if I would like to contribute anything. I told him that I was far too busy at the moment with various projects and issues at home to write anything new for the project, but I would gladly contribute my Cold Reading Lecture Notes. He was happy to accept this, and I contributed it as a gift, no payment required. My understanding is that my contribution is an added bonus, an extra, rather than something that makes up the bulk of the work.

I have no idea what Pete and Colin have contributed. But I am sure it will be great, as they are two of the stand-out thinkers in mentalism at the moment. Likewise with Morgan's work.

From my conversation with him, I know that Morgan is a passionate guy with a real love for his work and this book in particular. It isn't my place to comment on the price-tag as I haven't read the work. I merely added my contribution to him as a favour.

Hope this helps to clarify things. [/quote]

Thanks for the info but it really doesn't clarify too much. One stroke of "genius" idea does not a book make. We are concerned. He's not you. Not by a longshot. We shall see. $300 is big bucks for a new book from someone not known for this specific kind of work or history.
[quote]On Jun 11, 2014, saysold1 wrote:

Thanks for the info but it really doesn't clarify too much. One stroke of "genius" idea does not a book make. We are concerned. He's not you. Not by a longshot. We shall see. $300 is big bucks for a new book from someone not known for this specific kind of work or history. [/quote]

I can sadly offer no more insight as I haven't read the book, and offered my contribution as bonus material as a favour to Morgan. If I knew any more I would happily divulge. :)
Morgan, I advise you to share your work with Voodini, as he can impartially and properly assess the value to consumers. Thanks.

Regards,
Mike
I am interested in the book.. just taking my time and waiting for reviews..
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jun 11, 2014 11:51AM)
The video did nothing for me at all. Seems like can lines from the sneak peek that was on the video.

I am willing to bet my left man bit that the whispering was part of something that happen a few moments before.

I really don't see any reading here. Just a few can lines and a pre show bit. Seems like a magician trying to do readings and trying to pass it as the real deal. Might be better to,just buy Paul Bell's book, 'readings for the magician'.

Well, I just saved myself $$$$$$.

Best
Ray
Lots of opinions for a book that even isn´t sold yet.. ;)
Thanks Mister Voodini for these insights. That's better than nothing and we at least know that
some interesting material will be there (even if the bulk of it is still to assess).
For the rest, I think we have now to wait a little for Morgan, as we also had some feedback from Pete Turner
about "his contribution" to the book.
Since this is not a limited product finally, we are not in an urge.
Wait & See...
[quote]On Jun 11, 2014, backinblack wrote:
Lots of opinions for a book that even isn´t sold yet.. ;) [/quote]

Many of us are pretty good at reading palms - and also the tea leaves of a product that seems half baked and overpriced.
My take on cold reading is that most don't understand it at all:

http://www.lybrary.com/the-real-work-of-cold-reading-p-563.html
[quote]On Jun 12, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
[quote]On Jun 11, 2014, backinblack wrote:
Lots of opinions for a book that even isn´t sold yet.. ;) [/quote]

Many of us are pretty good at reading palms - and also the tea leaves of a product that seems half baked and overpriced. [/quote]

*om*
[quote]On Jun 9, 2014, saysold1 wrote:

[/quote]

Indeed, who is he? Considering he never gave readings two years ago it is an "odd choice". I fail to see anything legit. Sounds like a book of increasing hits (maybe it will increase- maybe not)rather than readings. I'd suggest Cassidy's book (linked above) for info on cold readings and Scryer's 'Band of Readers' for actual readings, and anything from Webster and Martin (naturally).
I'd be an ass for not mentioning Riggs and iain... so there ya go.
[quote]On Jun 12, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
My take on cold reading is that most don't understand it at all:

http://www.lybrary.com/the-real-work-of-cold-reading-p-563.html [/quote]

I was wondering when Bob was going to chime in...

On another note, my dear departed father taught me many things.

Among them were:

1/ Mind your own business (that one is out the window)...

2/ Don't bad mouth anyone...

3/ Don't knock success.

Keeping those things in mind, my only comments regarding this thread are-

I have some tulip bulbs for sale (each one priced at the value of an average house) and also available is a bridge (which I don't actually own)!

Since I can't add anything constructive, I'm just going to shut up.

Best wishes to all,

Scott
p.s. My personal opinion of Jerome Finley (we have never met), is that he is sincere, talented and generous and several other positive adjectives which fail to come to mind at the present!
p.p.s. My father would consider Bob Cassidy a true gentleman. For that matter, so do I. As for myself, I wish that I had held my tongue but simply couldn't resist the temptation.
Would love to buy this!
Too late though
It will be available again in several months. Save up.
I am not getting a good vibe about this book. An unfair vibe because I don't know much about it and haven't read a single word. I did see an unimpressive video but that isn't what is bothering me. When I see advice on making people cry this gives me a bad feeling. Still, I am being unfair. I will try and read this thread more carefully instead of cursorily looking through it before I give a more accurate verdict. I suppose my scepticism is based on the fact that over the years I have seen such a load of crap purporting to be the real stuff on psychic readings. Most of it is complete dross. Perhaps this isn't.

I expect I do more serious psychic readings than anyone on this section. Thousands upon thousands of them in fact. This is not necessarily a blessing but at least it does qualify me to give an opinion. And I shall give it when I read this thread properly and make my evaluation.

Oh, and just in case some of you get the wrong idea, I am not referring to Bob's book but the one written by Morgan.
Given the ready availability, at very reasonable prices, of MANY excellent books on cold reading written by experts with a long track record in the field, I'm wondering why this book, by a magician and illusionist, is being sold for three hundred dollars.

As I posted in another thread about similarly priced books- the most expensive books I every put out were sixty and sixty-five dollars - and one of them contained my entire professional act. Did I under price myself that badly?
Oh, I have more or less read this thread now. I watched some videos of various alleged worthies who gave me the creeps. This seems to be the philosophy of amazing rather than the philosophy of helping. In other words "the man who knows" approach instead of "the man who cares". It seems like a mentalist doing tricks rather than a psychic doing readings. I have a feeling this has very little do to with readings at all. A decent psychic reader does NOT try to amaze his clients. That is the sign of a stupid magician trying to be a psychic. No. A decent psychic tries to help his client. This is nothing to do with psychic readings despite the mention of tarot cards, rune stones etc;. Weirdos staring at a client to freak them out or make them cry is hardly a spiritual experience.

Sorry. I am not convinced.
[quote]On Sep 8, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Given the ready availability, at very reasonable prices, of MANY excellent books on cold reading written by experts with a long track record in the field, I'm wondering why this book, by a magician and illusionist, is being sold for three hundred dollars.

As I posted in another thread about similarly priced books- the most expensive books I every put out were sixty and sixty-five dollars - and one of them contained my entire professional act. Did I under price myself that badly? [/quote]

Yes you did Bob, I am eagerly awaiting a tomb of your stuff all in one place. Your stuff has inspired me no end and I am thankful for everything you have shared.

Pete x
Err......that would be 'tome', I think.
[quote]On Sep 8, 2014, psychicir wrote:
Oh, I have more or less read this thread now. I watched some videos of various alleged worthies who gave me the creeps. This seems to be the philosophy of amazing rather than the philosophy of helping. In other words "the man who knows" approach instead of "the man who cares". It seems like a mentalist doing tricks rather than a psychic doing readings. I have a feeling this has very little do to with readings at all. A decent psychic reader does NOT try to amaze his clients. That is the sign of a stupid magician trying to be a psychic. No. A decent psychic tries to help his client. This is nothing to do with psychic readings despite the mention of tarot cards, rune stones etc;. Weirdos staring at a client to freak them out or make them cry is hardly a spiritual experience.

Sorry. I am not convinced. [/quote]

Golden words.
[quote]On Sep 8, 2014, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
Err......that would be 'tome', I think. [/quote]

Aye auto correct on my phone :(

LOL you bad lad! xx
I sure hope my tomb is all in one place! :eek:
I agree with Pete Bob that your works are underpriced, if I paid 5x the price for the Artful Mentalism 2 I would still think I got more than my monies worth..

Mark
Well I disagree. I love Bob's material and in some sense it is priceless. However, I respect Mr Cassidy even more because he releases at a fair price.
Bob, yes you're work is underpriced...

I am always available to you if you ever wanted to release some smaller booklets via Lulu.com, from the design to the layout and formatting...
Bob,

I agree with you that recent releases are becoming seriously over-priced. I think some creators are forgetting that they are standing on the shoulders of giants like yourself, whose work was available at a reasonable price. Without access to those works, the current crop of creators would be stuck doing the 21 card trick.

But this is the 21st century-and monetary gain is king.
[quote]On Sep 9, 2014, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
I agree with Pete Bob that your works are underpriced, if I paid 5x the price for the Artful Mentalism 2 I would still think I got more than my monies worth..

Mark [/quote]

Would you consider sending me the extra money then? :eek:
In 1950, according the the first edition of the Amateur Magicians Handbook, Annemann's Practical Mental Effects sold for five dollars.

I went to http://www.dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=10&year=1950 to calculate what the price would be in 2014 dollars. Surprisingly, it would be $49.37.

Maybe that should be used as a benchmark to evaluate the prices of some current materials in relation to what is offered.
Since we're spreading Bob's tomb around, I've got dibs on a finger bone or two.
[quote]On Sep 9, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
[quote]On Sep 9, 2014, Mark_Chandaue wrote:

Mark [/quote]

Would you consider sending me the extra money then? :eek: [/quote]
If I ever get to meet you I would gladly spend the difference buying you dinner and plying you with the best that Captain Morgan has to offer :)

Mark
Deal! (A cigar, too, maybe?)
$50 for Annemann! There you go guys, if you release any book or effect above $50 it has to be at at least as good if not better than Practical Mental Effects - good luck!

I for one will not buy any book, effect or DVD above $100 and it would have to be special to pay $100 for!

In English Money, since things from America do not usually translate at the correct exchange rate. I would not pay above £100 but usually I would be looking for things below £50. That is it, I won't even look at a book that is priced above this because no matter how good it is - it simply won't be worth it!
[quote]On Sep 9, 2014, Martin Pulman wrote:
Bob,

I agree with you that recent releases are becoming seriously over-priced. I think some creators are forgetting that they are standing on the shoulders of giants like yourself, whose work was available at a reasonable price. Without access to those works, the current crop of creators would be stuck doing the 21 card trick.

But this is the 21st century-and monetary gain is king. [/quote]

I disagree, when I bought Kaufmans Coin magic in the early 80's it cost £35 and Expert Coin Magic was £50. I think I paid around £100 for the leather bound Harbincadabra in the same time frame. In those days the average working wage was around £35 per week for an office worker and around £25 per week for an entry level/apprentice position. Some 30 years later an office worker will average around £275 per week. An entry level position/apprentice gets around £200 per week.

In real terms Coin magic cost the equivalent of around £275. It was a weeks wages, and that's before tax. Expert Coin magic cost 2 weeks wages after tax, so today's equivalent would be in the £400 ball park and I don't recall a single person calling it over priced. Maybe part of the trivialisation of magic and mentalism is because the secrets can be bought too cheaply both in monetary terms and in effort "I opened it 30 minutes ago and I can do it already".

A reasonable price is a funny term, it really means cheap. What is a reasonable price for 40 years of experience? What is a reasonable price for the tools and information required to make a very lucrative career out of magic? A bank will pay 2 grand per day for me to teach their employees how to detect and prevent fraud and I didn't have to go through a fraction of what Bob went through to gain that knowledge I impart to my students. You want a career in IT, you are going to pay around £3000 for an MCSE (or whatever today's equivalent is). I guarantee that course was easier to put together and took far less creativity than goes into a handful of effects.

Bob spent years refining those effects such as 4DT, a lifetime of experience has gone into the advice contained in those books. Let's not forget that the book didn't just spring out of the ground, that took endless hours of typing, and editing and re typing and figuring out how to translate actions into readable instructions. Then proof reading and printing etc. a copy of the Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy, vol 2 and a copy of Maximum entertainment and a little dedication could very easily give you a full time career taking you all over the world and earn you far more than the £3000 investment in an MCSE course could ever earn you. Get a TV deal and it could make you a millionaire.

You are dang right that $65 is too cheap, these books are an investment in your own future as much as they are payment for a "product". Should I ever choose to turn pro I could not even begin to put a realistic value on the contents of Bobs works, Peter's work, and Ken Weber's work to name just a few. Every penny I ever earn as a result of mentalism will be owed to the effort of those who put their knowledge, experience and creativity into written form for the rest of us to benefit from.

What is a "reasonable price" for a book or effect is directly related to the value the creator puts on their time, effort and creativity vs the value that the purchaser can ultimately derive from that product. None of us are entitled to the creativity of others. The fact that Bob is so generous in pricing his works at such an affordable price does not entitle us to expect the same level of generosity from all creators. Every minute typing up or thinking up these ideas is time that could have been spent hugging a loved one or playing with your children or simply hanging out with friends and those are moments you can never get back. How do you put a realistic price on priceless moments?

If creators did not publish, many of us would still be doing the 21 card trick, publishing has to be as much worth their while as purchasing is worth ours. Nobody "needs" these books, we can choose which ones are worth the price to us as individuals. I can say all of this with complete sincerity because I have missed the vast majority of the big ticket releases, as a single parent I simply can't afford them. I would love Ken Dynes new book but right now the funds aren't there. Shame, but I will live without it whilst wishing him every success with the book and hoping those that can afford it derive great enjoyment from it.

I'd love a Bugatti too but I can't afford one and I'm not entitled to one of those either. Sometimes it sucks to be me, and sometimes, like when I'm sitting round a campfire with some of the coolest guys on the planet with a guitar playing, beer being drank, and songs being sung, well then being me is pretty bloody special :).

There is more to life than whether you can afford the latest masterpiece.

Mark
[quote]On Sep 9, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Deal! (A cigar, too, maybe?) [/quote]

I'll supply the cigars.

Best wishes,

Scott
p.s. Smoking a Romeo Y Julieta as I type.
Bob, I think that when you said to the publisher that your book was priceless, they took it too literal...
Since I was 9 years old, I have been pretty much consistently disappointed by the 'claim vs the reality' of most magic tricks. Books are usually the exception because you can justify the price on one item. I have looked at several of these $300 and up books purchased by friends and found them to be far less valuable than the claim - no need to mention names. There is a lot of pimping new products on the Café' by authors/creators promising a lot. This thread is a great example of fanboy excitement turning to angst when people start questioning it. I have also been around long enough to see that most new stuff is not so new. If you are going to pitch your product here, why not come in with a review by someone that is respected in the industry. Marc Salem's forward was a start after a lot of hemming and hawing about what it is/isn't. Let's see someone look at your work and evaluate the value. If it holds up, you'll sell a bunch. That kind of dough means you should have something really revolutionary to offer. This place is the best free advertising around. However, there really needs to be a lot of caveat emptor.
Has anybody actually purchased the book in question here...? If so, how about a review...share with the members here what this book really is or isn't. It seems that the book in question came out of nowhere...then after the promised publication date...it disappeared just as quickly. It is no longer advertised on the authors web site.

Continued Success,
[quote]On Sep 9, 2014, docdazzal wrote:
Has anybody actually purchased the book in question here...? If so, how about a review...share with the members here what this book really is or isn't. It seems that the book in question came out of nowhere...then after the promised publication date...it disappeared just as quickly. It is no longer advertised on the authors web site.
[/quote]

Has not arrived yet. There's another wave of testimonials, but still no sign of it in the mail.
I was a huge Morgan fan, but then I read this book. PM me if you want my review. I am very disappointed in what I uncovered and I think Morgan made a huge mistake in claiming this book under his authorship.

Regards,
Mike
I was thinking of buying this, however, I have heard that for the explanations of some of the systems, they have been taken word for word from other sources...is this true?

For example, the part on palmistry, the explanations themselves - if you put them into google (an entire paragraph's worth) - the original sources pop up...

I do not know if this is true, it was something I was told by a purchaser...
[quote]On Dec 23, 2014, IAIN wrote:
I was thinking of buying this, however, I have heard that for the explanations of some of the systems, they have been taken word for word from other sources...is this true?
[/quote]

Has he no respect for the art!

He should have followed the established practice of numerous other creators. Change a few words here and there to make it seem like your own work before typing it up and selling it for a hefty fee.
I recently published a book called 'Cold Reading Games'. It's a light hearted approach to giving readings, teaches you just enough to get you into trouble and create a conversation. It's priced at five and a half bucks for Kindle.

You can get my book 'The James Bond Cold Reading' for under 3 bucks for Kindle. My other titles aren't that much more.

I used to charge a lot more for my books. Times change. But I never charged 100 bucks for anything. I can't imagine it.

I may put all my readings books into one mega-tome and make it look nice. Still can't imagine it'll be hitting 100 bucks though.

Personally I like to use mentalism to amaze people, and readings to connect with people. Mentalism = hardcore. Readings = softcore. I don't want to impress people when I'm giving a reading, I want to give them an experience. Mentalism can be Ice Cold. But I think readings should be warm and fuzzy and nice.

Throwing some hot reading remarks into a mentalism effect can be cool. But they're not readings, they're just part of what we all do.

YMMV
[quote]On Dec 24, 2014, bevbevvybev wrote:
I recently published a book called 'Cold Reading Games'. It's a light hearted approach to giving readings, teaches you just enough to get you into trouble and create a conversation. It's priced at five and a half bucks for Kindle.

You can get my book 'The James Bond Cold Reading' for under 3 bucks for Kindle. My other titles aren't that much more.

I used to charge a lot more for my books. Times change. But I never charged 100 bucks for anything. I can't imagine it.

I may put all my readings books into one mega-tome and make it look nice. Still can't imagine it'll be hitting 100 bucks though.

Personally I like to use mentalism to amaze people, and readings to connect with people. Mentalism = hardcore. Readings = softcore. I don't want to impress people when I'm giving a reading, I want to give them an experience. Mentalism can be Ice Cold. But I think readings should be warm and fuzzy and nice.

Throwing some hot reading remarks into a mentalism effect can be cool. But they're not readings, they're just part of what we all do.

YMMV [/quote]

Really like your thinking here!

I, too, use cold reading primarily as a way to connect with others. My intent is to give them a gift that makes them smile and feel good.
I have paid big bucks for the works of a couple of guys. I did not resent paying Paul Voodini for what I saw as fairly groundbreaking stuff and recently I paid what I think is big money for something from Jerome Finley. Both guys have a proven track record, and I know I will grow as a performer from these works.

A few other guys I would pay big bucks for - Bob Cassidy is one, and Julian, you are another. Your stuff gets you started like nothing else. I am delighted you undercharge, but if you quadrupled your prices I think your stuff would still sell. Put it up to the 100 bucks and I am not sure whether the few who appreciate it would make up for the lost sales though!

I know nothing about Morgan's book, or his experience as a cold reader. This seems pricey for someone with no track record. I am looking forward to a few reviews.
So unfortunately none review about this book...
Other threads have reviews and opinions.
Having seen the DVDs I wouldn't hold out much hope for this book. It seems like he doesn't really know the meanings of anything. Which he frequently referenced in the dvd set... Being someone who's well versed in palm readings, it was almost offensive... I mean there are different schools of palmreadings, I suppose. The dvds however just seemed to be a big trailer for his book.... however I suspect that if you go to your local bookshop and buy a book on palmreadings for a few dollars/pounds/euros/yen/wans/shekels (etc) you will get way more out of it than this. However I could be wrong, and maybe he tips the "real work" in this book.

//Dan
[quote]On Jan 21, 2015, dyoung wrote:
Having seen the DVDs I wouldn't hold out much hope for this book. It seems like he doesn't really know the meanings of anything. Which he frequently referenced in the dvd set... Being someone who's well versed in palm readings, it was almost offensive... I mean there are different schools of palmreadings, I suppose. The dvds however just seemed to be a big trailer for his book.... however I suspect that if you go to your local bookshop and buy a book on palmreadings for a few dollars/pounds/euros/yen/wans/shekels (etc) you will get way more out of it than this. However I could be wrong, and maybe he tips the "real work" in this book.

//Dan [/quote]

Yes...I watched the DVDs which do in fact seem like a trailer for the book. After watching the DVDs I am no longer interested in the book.
The book was horrible. I'd add more details, but the last time someone gave a detailed and accurate review of the book the thread got deleted.
I can't wait to hear Clairvoyants details on this lol
Thanks Tom, actually I tried to search this topic on other threads but I was not lucky :-) now I try again, in case could you please help me?
Thanks,
Gianni
Its great to get back to this thread and see the development of "what is." Grateful for all of you sharing what you've found.
There is nothing in this book you can't buy for a much cheaper price somewhere else. I found the same info (and more) on the internet through a short google search. I regret purchasing. I recommend you do not make the same mistake.
Are you kidding? I can find all of the contents on google, except for the other more ethical contributors such as peter turner who submitted original material.

Morgan's plagarism should never be condoned.

Regards,
Mike
Lately, many books are written about cold reading. But I think if you can't improve Ian Rowland's "Full facts", don't do it.
Still no answer to my question. I don't understand why Morgan is ignoring his customers.

Regards,
Mike

[quote]On Jun 10, 2014, insight wrote:
Hi Morgan,

I hope all is well on your end. When you get a chance, can you let us know which 5 psychic websites you were ranked as the #1 psychic? Also, can you let us know the names of the other cold reading systems that you mention below you don't like? Thanks.

Regards,
Mike

In-tu-ition (noun)-

I didn’t like the other systems how others cold read; it sounded like fishing, too much, and hated hot reading. So I wanted to create something with the same results as hot reading but purely cold reading, I also always believed that Cold Reading, is being able to go out and connect with someone on a level weather be a psychic entertainer level, or personal level. Being able to tell things to people that only they know about themselves being past present or future, and entertain them with no props, no magic no mentalism and just connect mind to mind. This book will allow you to do just that! [/quote] [/quote]
Mike, I'm sure he'd be delighted to answer your questions but unfortunately the answers are all subject to a confidentiality agreement so he'll have to reluctantly decline to answer.
"I often get asked how I get people to cry or freak out so much about what I say to them,..."

Which is, of course, the main goal of every responsible reader. Apparently, he's just slopping over with ethics and personal integrity.

This thing started downhill and took a dive from there. The similarities to passive-aggressive mugging are appalling.

• I'd like to apologize for being so cranky on this particular subject, 'author' and product. I spent many years as a psychic fair reader, a telephone psychic, Event Tarotist, Numerologist and Astrologer, etc. etc. I resent the attitude of the above quote. Everything about this product, from content to marketing, from attitude to pricing, seems close to vile. And as of yet, no one has posted anything that would change my mind.

If you want to learn to read cold, take $20 to any used book store and buy one book on the subject you like. Then learn it and do it. It's that simple and a lot faster than getting good at faking it. And more accurate.

I'll now shut up about the whole thing....probably.
[quote]On Mar 22, 2015, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
"I often get asked how I get people to cry or freak out so much about what I say to them,..."

Which is, of course, the main goal of every responsible reader. Apparently, he's just slopping over with ethics and personal integrity.

This thing started downhill and took a dive from there. The similarities to passive-aggressive mugging are appalling.

• I'd like to apologize for being so cranky on this particular subject, 'author' and product. I spent many years as a psychic fair reader, a telephone psychic, Event Tarotist, Numerologist and Astrologer, etc. etc. I resent the attitude of the above quote. Everything about this product, from content to marketing, from attitude to pricing, seems close to vile. And as of yet, no one has posted anything that would change my mind.

If you want to learn to read cold, take $20 to any used book store and buy one book on the subject you like. Then learn it and do it. It's that simple and a lot faster than getting good at faking it. And more accurate.

I'll now shut up about the whole thing....probably. [/quote]

Tom,

Don't apologize!

Best wishes,

Scott
Tom,

Morgan's book represents everything that is wrong with cold reading. It is unfortunate that Morgan has moved onto his next "Latest and Greatest" project called "Touched", leaving all of his old customers who paid a handsome sum out in the cold. No refunds, no returned emails...and what are we left with? A plagarized piece of work that wasted our time and money.

Regards,
Mike

[quote]On Mar 22, 2015, Tom Jorgenson wrote:

I'll now shut up about the whole thing....probably. [/quote]
[img]https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dbdE8XcIJq0/WZhjn1EAHrI/AAAAAAAABck/kYAyQ6r4wTkXNiCyeCt9pjtHyG34TjJYgCLcBGAs/s320/Ice%2BCold.png[/img]

The latest edition of [url=https://icecoldmorganstrebler.blogspot.cl//]Morgan Strebler-Ice Cold[/url] is available now at Mentalism Center. I have seen Morgan applying these techniques and it absolute creates a psychic impression. Practical, no BS and controversial approaches to read anyone, anytime.
So this started of as a limited batch of 100 hardcover books and has now been updated and for sale as an unlimited e-book?

Also Pablo, seeing your comment down below about the hardcover book, it is hard for me to imagine that this e-book is suddenly a great thing and linked to your mentalismcentre website.

It looks like some performers are out there not to fool laymen but to fool hobby magicians/mentalists....

[quote]On Sep 9, 2014, Amirá wrote:
[quote]On Sep 8, 2014, psychicir wrote:

Sorry. I am not convinced. [/quote]

Golden words. [/quote]
I remember reading this thread when the book first came out. I was tempted by the rather effective marketing hype, but did not bite. Since I don't think anyone has praised this book since the thread was new, I wonder why it is being marketed again.

-Patrick
Please, sit down Marc and share a monthly virtual coffee with Pablo.

"some performers are out there not to fool laymen but to fool hobby magicians/mentalists"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RVS8cjNN0
Humberto Maturana is a Chilean Biologist, Cybernetician, Scientist - invented his theory of autopoiesis following in the pathways of Bateson, Wittgenstein, the social ‘ricorso’ of Vico, the self-production notion of Paul Weiss, and many others. He has spent his career elaborating this theory within a biological research programme in his laboratory in Santiago [above which was written ‘Experimental Epistemology Lab’]. Known world-wide as Humberto {except in Italy where he is ‘Umberto’}, he continues to elaborate his theory generating experimental evidence for the thesis that reality is a consensual communal construction while appearing to be ‘objectively’ existing. The notion of ‘objectivity’ is replaced by that of ‘constructivism’.

The contribution of Humberto Maturana , National Award in Biological Sciences 1994 , to the sciences of complexity is recognized; as well as his influence on the thought and research of many scientists related to them. When at the end of his life Bateson was asked who could continue with the study of the “Creature” , the world of living beings, he answered that the center for this analysis was now in Santiago de Chile, in charge of a man by the name of Humberto Maturana . In the same vein theoreticians and psychotherapists such as Guidano and Arciero, while referring specifically to Maturanas’ views, name him as the “Chilean School”. The most significant contributions to the sciences of complexity , have been the rejection of objective rationalism and representation in cognitive theories, the self-referentiality of all adaptation and knowledge, the emphasis of language on the construction of human experience and the involvement of knowledge with the total being, which challenges traditional dualism between mind and brain viewed as separate in the past.

He propose 3 new "human rights"
1. Right to be wrong
2. Right to change my mind
3. Right to get out of any place and don't offend anyone.

In a more precise note, I understand the noise regarding "limited release" but Morgan during the process fixed various details with this book (the first printed copies were incorrect and also this "limited release" tag).
I bought it when it came out and was ultimately disappointed and sorry I bought it. I think anyone who writes a book deserves credit for finishing it, so I'll give Morgan that. His mom was ill at the time, so I understood that his deadline was hard to meet. It was clearly supposed to be a limited edition and clearly isn't. Frankly, I'm disturbed that, according to Pablo, that Morgan 'fixed various details with this book (the first printed copies were incorrect and also this "limited release" tag).' I received no addendum for any mistakes in my edition, but, hell, I didn't receive the Tarot deck he was going to send. I wasn't happy after the book came out in DVD form either.

I looked for my in depth review and can't find it. Too bad because I spent a lot of time writing it so others could have a better idea than I did when I bought it. I was unsatisfied, it was expensive, but, I'm a big boy and nobody forced me to buy the book. It was my mistake, but now, when I see that Morgan has published something or put out a new product I can't bring myself to buy it, even if it has gotten good reviews. Fooled me once shame on you, fooled me twice, shame on me.

All this said, there was some good information in the book, but I heard disturbing things about cutting and pasting. I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S TRUE. Ultimately I have also decided that, while there is a place for cold reading, in the end, if you're going to do readings, forget the tricks and manipulation, learn an Oracle and do them for real.
[quote]On Aug 21, 2017, gypsyfish wrote:
Ultimately I have also decided that, while there is a place for cold reading, in the end, if you're going to do readings, forget the tricks and manipulation, learn an Oracle and do them for real. [/quote]

Excellent advice.