(Close Window)
Topic: Voodini & Cashliostro - Astro-Divinations
Hi guys,

Just saw this advertised on Paul Voodini's mailout.

Has anyone taken the plunge yet? Sounds intriguing!

[quote]Paul Voodini is very proud to present the wonderfully enigmatic Count Cashliostro's Astro-Divinations. Being able to instinctively know someone's astrological sign has long been held as one of the holy grails of mentalism. In this extensive 74 page PDF, Cashliostro presents his own answer to this riddle of the ages!

From the introduction:

Have you ever imagined that you’d like to just walk up to a person and be able to say, “You’re a Scorpio, aren’t you?” and be correct 100% of the time? Me too! Okay, so the bad news is that I haven’t been able to figure that out yet. But the good news is that the techniques in this book are the best and closest I’ve come up with so far.

The main technique in this book is totally different from any other astrological divinations. There are no progressive anagrams. You do not need to ask your subject to visualize letters or images. You are not “telepathically” receiving images or letters. You are just receiving impressions from the person. You really receive the impressions with your real intuition. The technique is virtually self-working (once you memorize it). You are always right.

This book describes three different totally new techniques for making a deep connection with people by intuiting their zodiac sign (also sometimes called the sun sign or star sign). You will use your actual intuition as a significant tool in this process, although the techniques described are largely automatic in their structure.[/quote]

http://www.readerofminds.co.uk/astro-divinations_74.html

I'm tempted, but keen to know a bit more before I pull the trigger. Is it practical? Suitable for close-up / one to one? Propless?
He had a little manuscript out about a year ago called "Happy Birthday" which involved playing cards. Not sure if this is part of this new release.
Woodfield,

That's what I was wondering, too.

Don't want to spend that amount of $$ and find out I need to use other items.
I haven't seen it, but I'll say this...

I like Paul's stuff. The few things that I have purchased from him are simple but powerful.

If you're into gimmicks and tricks, admittedly what he puts out is probably not for you. On the other hand, if you want to venture out into the realm of what appears to be the real thing, you won't be disappointed.

The money that I spend is looking for ideas, not tricks. My experience is that Paul is a great resource.

For what it's worth...

Best wishes,

Scott
I too am concerned that this will involve the use of props not mentioned in the ad copy. Can anyone confirm?

Regards,
Mike

[quote]On Jun 3, 2014, Marqus wrote:
Woodfield,

That's what I was wondering, too.

Don't want to spend that amount of $$ and find out I need to use other items. [/quote]
Hi guys! A couple of things that I can confirm for you:

Firstly I am not Count Cashliostro. This is his creation that I am lucky enough to be able to bring to market. For some reason people find it hard to believe that the Cashliostro and myself are not the same person, not sure why. I am as English as hot tea and warm beer, while Cashliostro is as American as apple pie and, er, root beer.

Secondly,this PDF is 74 pages long and is about as different to my 'Happy Birthday' routine as it's possible to get. 'Happy Birthday' was a bit of fun, a simple routine that is easy to perform, and was marketed, presented, and priced as such. 'Astro-Divination' is a completely different animal. It is a well-researched, well-conceived method of divining a star sign that is born of experience, intelligence, and a passion for the subject matter. If this was my baby, I promise you, I would be shouting about it from the roof-tops!

I can confirm that is requires no props or items not mentioned in the ad-copy. It is a linguistic technique. If this was a JF or PT release, you would be paying ten times the asking price for it. I think it is wonderful, and hope you will too.

Hope this clears up a few things, and thanks for your interest. :)
Nice to see you here, Paul!
Very intriguing.
I've had a lot of fun playing around with progressive anagrams, and gotten really good reactions, but they have never really matched my persona, or my ideas and feelings about telepathy. ...receiving impressions about the subject on the other, sounds perfect.
Thanks for your reply Paul.

Purchased. Looking forward to reading, learning and trying this one out.
Thanks MatCult!

Tony - I was summoned back via an ancient enchantment. ;)
I received the PDF this morning (Paul is an early riser!), have read and already LOVE the Count's approach!

It won't be for everyone. The process is gentle and conversational, perhaps more suited to a reading than a "mentalism performance" setting. The method requires a knowledge of (amd respect for) some basic aspects of astrology, which are taught in the book. It also [i]"requires that your subject knows a few rudimentary things about their sign"[/i].

From the text:
[quote][i]"These techniques are not necessarily showstopper pieces. Frankly I don’t know if any astrological divination routines are showstoppers. There is far too much fishing, and the conclusion is, “Yeah, you’re right. You got it.” These techniques are not really an exception to this. But there is something extremely magical about connecting with a person based on their zodiac sign.

"These techniques are about making that connection in a very deep way. They are intimate and personal. They may not even play as entirely psychic, but they will display your knowledge of astrology and your ability to connect with people deeply. They should never be used in a “challenge” type of situation. Used with participants who want to believe in your abilities you will find yourself connecting powerfully."[/i][/quote]

As the ad copy states, the premise is not about telepathically receiving the subjects thoughts, but rather reading their energies and homing in on their character traits, including their star sign.

Personally, I've never found the PA process fitted me terribly well - it didn't sit comfortably with my vision for what a star sign revelation should be, but this is a system that makes sense to me and is something I can see myself using. I'm glad I took the plunge.

NOTE: There is a variation described in the text that takes a more conventional "thought reading" approach to revealing the star signs of several people at once. It doesn't appeal to me in the same way the core, conversational method does. But it's there and so I should mention it in this micro-review. It appears direct and practical, on (electronic) paper at least.
I agree with Matcult on this. The conversational aspect of the effect (actually, it feels disrespectful to call it an effect) is what really sells it for me. It's gentle, subtle and, in many ways, a genuine feat of ones own intuition. There is no BIG pay off at the end; no Ta Da moment! That would be far too vulgar and insincere. What Astro-Divinations offers is a way to affect the sitter in a profound, meaningful, but at the same time almost incidental way (if that makes sense). It's application in Palmistry is making me salivate just thinking about. PS. Looks like I'm using Paypal, then, Mr Voodini.
[quote]On Jun 4, 2014, MatCult wrote:
I received the PDF this morning (Paul is an early riser!) [/quote]

As a single dad with two young kids to get out of bed, dressed, fed, and packed off to school, I have to be an early riser! :)

Thanks for the kind words - I'm delighted that the Count has delivered something rather special here. I'm hopeful it will become a classic.

The link to the PDF's page on Reader of Minds: http://www.readerofminds.co.uk/astro-divinations_74.html
I want to thank Matcult and Dan Dent for their kind words, and assure that I am not Paul!

There are actually three different methods presented, none of which are anagram-based.

The main method is the one that has been discussed above, and I agree is most suitable for readings. Once you get used to it, it will be a staple in your readings as it very easily fits in amongst other things and creates wonderful rapport even if you get a few things wrong along the way.

The second is a trimmed down version that I find useful in playful circumstances.

The third is very powerful for stage, parlor or walk around to groups of at least three at once. (Think Osterlind's zodiac routine without the anagram). The third is the hardest and I must admit I occasionally mess it up too! I am one of those who thinks a good miss builds credibility. (just yesterday I missed a billet peek and the participants were quite confused until I blew their minds with the next piece that I got right!)

None of the above require any props other than a sharp mind.

The book also contains a lot of memory aids for astrological facts.
As you said it works with "linguistic technique", would I be able to adapt it to my own language? (portuguese).

Thanks!
I personally can see no reason why not. Maybe Cashliostro will come back with a definitive answer...
[quote]On Jun 4, 2014, pedrao15 wrote:
As you said it works with "linguistic technique", would I be able to adapt it to my own language? (portuguese).

Thanks! [/quote]

I think you would have no problem, but there are subtle differences in the way people see things based upon the structure of each native language.

If you purchase it and find yourself struggling to translate please pm me and I will be happy to struggle by your side (within the limits of my complete ignorance of Portuguese other than "obrigado" :-)
Sounds great, Cashliostro!
I'm still browsing through this new world of mentalism but
as soon as I decide something I'll let ya know.

Obrigado! Haha =)

*puff*
And obrigado to everyone who has purchased this manuscript so far! :)
[quote]On Jun 11, 2014, magicmurphy wrote:
This is a most interesting publication indeed. [/quote]
Thank you! I personally believe it is destined to be a classic and required reading for anyone interested in the holy grail of astrological sign divination.
Can this be done over the phone?

Regards,
Mike
[quote]On Jun 17, 2014, insight wrote:
Can this be done over the phone?

Regards,
Mike [/quote]

Yes it can. In fact, while practicing and committing the system to memory, it might evn be preferable to do it that way (with a c**b).
I purchased this due to my strong interest in this subject. It's interesting and good, but the problem is that it is only likely to work on people who are knowledgeable about their star signs. I don't mind the reading aspect of it, as that was actually an attraction for me. This is not the Holy Grail, but someone might possibly use the ideas here to lead them to it.
I'm surprised there's not more chatter about this. I picked this up yesterday, and love it. It's the best approach to star sign divinations out there in my opinion, because of that extra thread that's going throughout the reading that ties it all together and keeps it conversational. You can improve the phrasing slightly by drawing on the whole "yes...and", "no...but" phrasing from completely cold.

Also, I wouldn't worry about how much people know about their star sign if you have other tools in your toolbox. By the time it gets to the part that requires them to know more than what their star sign is, and they don't...you're already down to three possible signs. So, you can simply have some Way Out papers in your pocket and if this situation arises, take out the appropriate one, and pretend to write something on it before having them announce their star sign. You don't lose a beat. I love how the whole routine is centered on them, and you just trying to figure out why they're giving off this impression that they are.
Is it still available? I can't seem to find it on Paul's site.
It's available at Kenton's site, wonderwizards.com, now
Not available at Kenton's anymore. Went to order and blammo, nothing. =(

Anyone know if this is available anywhere else?
Doesn't seem to be available anywhere at the moment, unfortunately. Hopefully it pops up again soon.
Back up at Kenton's site:

http://www.wonderwizards.com/product_info.php?products_id=631&osCsid=1tIWeFVZr,GLh-cBQzT-e0
Does it take much memory work to learn this?
A fair bit Dr. Eamon, but manageable. Well worth it. Julian Moore's Star Signs book would be a great additional purchase.

Also, you can mix and match these ideas with any other star sign reveal you do as it's reading centric, with some of the reading based on what you pick up intuitively. If you use it bits and pieces like that, some of this you can use out of the box.

Working on perfecting other things right now, but I imagine I'll combine this with Art Vanderlay's Birthday Card.

As others have mentioned too, this isn't a 'Tada' shock and awe type reveal, it's more of a conversational reading, so it won't be for everyone.
A fair bit Dr. Eamon, but manageable. Well worth it. Julian Moore's Star Signs book would be a great additional purchase.

Also, you can mix and match these ideas with any other star sign reveal you do as it's reading centric, with some of the reading based on what you pick up intuitively. If you use it bits and pieces like that, some of this you can use out of the box.

Working on perfecting other things right now, but I imagine I'll combine this with Art Vanderlay's Birthday Card.

As others have mentioned too, this isn't a 'Tada' shock and awe type reveal, it's more of a conversational reading, so it won't be for everyone.
Just an update - after being off the market for the last 3 years, this PDF is now available for a brief 2 week period. The link has changed (the old one from the OP will take you to a 'page not found'). The new link is: http://www.readerofminds.co.uk/astro-divinations_89.html
There's just 24 hours left now to get hold of this manuscript. Link in the post above ^