(Close Window)
Topic: ESP decks source
Hello everyone,

very simple question here, where could I find inexpensive ESP decks on the web, eligible to french customers ? I really don't want to spend 30 USD on a deck each time and just would like to find affordable ESP cards that I could wear or tear with no remorse.

Any help would be really appreciated !

Thanks a lot
TAB :)
Http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Magie-Jeu-bicycle-ESP-marque-Duvivier-/221466688954?pt=FR_YO_Jeux_SpectaclesMusiqueMagie&hash=item3390717dba
This is not what I am looking for but this is better than what I saw up to now, so thanks !
Message: Posted by: Simon (Ted) Edwards (Jun 24, 2014 05:30AM)
I'd have thought the Royal ESP cards would be ideal. Small packets of cards for a few Euros from Amazon.fr:

http://www.amazon.fr/Cartes-ESP-tour-de-magie/dp/B001CEHE66/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1403605791&sr=8-5&keywords=esp+cartes

Cheers,
T.
Thanks ! Any idea about the size of those ?
13 feet wide, and 2 miles long...
[quote]On Jun 24, 2014, The.Amazing.Boy wrote:
Thanks ! Any idea about the size of those ? [/quote]

Lol.

Poker size I would think. Go buy some. You are overthinking this.
Here's what I use.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2005

They are "bridge sized", meaning the same length as Poker cards, but about a quarter inch narrower. Although there is no mention in the literature, they are marked as well. (A magician friend showed me that on my own deck that I'd been using for several months. Embarrassing!)
Message: Posted by: Simon (Ted) Edwards (Jun 24, 2014 06:59PM)
Yes, they are bridge sized, if that detail is important.
Also, they are marked and instructions are included.
T.
I would have prefered poker sized decks, but I guess this is as good as it gets for that price. Thanks a lot everyone ! I'll get a few of these. :)
Since I live in Durham, NC, I thought about purchasing a set from the Rhine Research Center. I thought the Rhine logo on the back would add credibility. Then I found out that they charge $20 for a deck of 25 cards! So I ordered the set from Penguin instead.
How about these:
http://www.marchanddetrucs.com/magasin-de-magie/thematiques/close-up/cartes/jeu-esp-origins-black.html
These:
http://www.magicbox.uk.com/beyond-esp2-refill.html
Are more expensive but are lovely!
[quote]On Jun 24, 2014, Simon (Ted) Edwards wrote:
Yes, they are bridge sized, if that detail is important.
Also, they are marked and instructions are included.
T. [/quote]

Odd. The set I got had instructions for one trick, but never mentioned that they are marked. After reading your post, it took me a few minutes to figure out the markings.
Now that I have a spiffy set of ESP cards, can anyone suggest some routines I should look at that use them?
Message: Posted by: Simon (Ted) Edwards (Jul 1, 2014 07:04PM)
Definitely!
T.
Message: Posted by: MentalistCreationLab (Jul 1, 2014 09:33PM)
Http://www.rhine.org/shoppingcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=2

Why not just buy the first and still the best deck on the market if you do not need the gaffed direct from the Rhine institute. Also they have a lot of information on the Rhine site that can be used for scripting as well as actually testing procedures etc...

If marked is what you need then Para Labs is the only way to go. As that deck is Diabolically Genus and you can quote me on that.
[quote]On Jun 25, 2014, The.Amazing.Boy wrote:
I would have prefered poker sized decks, but I guess this is as good as it gets for that price. Thanks a lot everyone ! I'll get a few of these. :) [/quote]

The original Rhine decks are bridge size. That is a good thing, I think. Poker size look too much like they were designed for card tricks.
Mine from Penguin said nothing about being marked, and a magician at the local IBM showed it to me during one of the meetings. We all had a laugh (at my expense)! Yes, they're marked! :)

Gerald, sent you a PM.