(Close Window)
Topic: Thanks for the help
I tend to ask for feedback and a general sense check from people who's work, posts or demeanour that I respect and like, I also email out politely to the great and the good and ask for help when researching things...

so firstly, thank you to the many people who have helped me out in such ways that are on here, every minute you spare me is appreciated and respected...i always take advice and viewpoints on board...

and also the encouragement from friends that are also peers who have to put up with my ideas and testing it all out and then savagely boring them to death with the outcomes of them being road tested...

i very recently released a new thing, and was very nervous indeed, and spoke to just about everyone I could to make sure it wasn't a reinvention, I know the ten routines were mine, but the variety and tweaks and twists with b*ll*t work is so wide and varied, to be honest...i was bricking it...

so secondly and thirdly, to say that we often share and swop ideas between one another, which is great, and its even greater to thank and appreciate the time others spent (for free) helping you out...

think about that for a sec, real life people with their own lives and stuff to deal with, strangers who still reply with indepth thoughts and ideas...

remember we are a community, a digital family that argues as well as laughs together - we should also remember the respect issue too..and by that I mean respecting magic and mentalism to such a degree that we stop and think of the implications of sharing terms and techniques too freely publicly...as well as respecting others who release products and ask that certain aspects are not discussed so openly...

lets keep our little weird yet amazing cultures and community somewhat private and secure, moreso than we do currently...we are nothing without mutual respect and keeping secrets...

so thank you all who have ever helped me, and for any future help too...im sure there will be something I need a steer on...
Should also add, to take it on the chin when people cant or don't want to spend time looking through your ideas, we cant expect an answer on our own terms...we need to be gracious in a 'no, sorry'...
Great post Iain...and thank you for your contributions and thoughts!

Now get back in my box you Lumptard
Great post Iain, it restores faith that so many here on the Café are prepared to spend the time to help others. Some are even generous in other ways, I have received things free of charge from some members here, most are wonderful folks here on the Café, long may it continue.