(Close Window)
Topic: Magicwebfx with Pebble
So I really into the magicwebfx trick and it's been my "go to" trick for weeks now as I get some crazy reactions from people. It's also my birthday next week and I was looking to get a pebble watch as my mates got one and they are way cool. Well I'm double definitely getting one now as I've just found out you can control the input for webfx with the watch. Proper James Bond style. And you can do it minority report style as The accelerometer in the pebble means you can gesture and it will do everything you need. I really like Derren so I'm going to make it look like a psychological force.

This is the link to the pebble store
http://magicwebfx.com
Interesting. I've got a Pebble that I got for iUnlockyourmind Pro. I use it for a couple of other effects as well. I also have MagicWebfx but have not upgraded to the "my photo" option. Can you PM me with info on how this app is supposed to work with the Pebble? Thanks.

Preston
[quote]On Jul 1, 2014, jaizon wrote:
Interesting. I've got a Pebble that I got for iUnlockyourmind Pro. I use it for a couple of other effects as well. I also have MagicWebfx but have not upgraded to the "my photo" option. Can you PM me with info on how this app is supposed to work with the Pebble? Thanks.

Preston [/quote]

I think you can ask Marc to add you to the fb groups. There's lots info regarding the pebble app and how to get it to your iPhone. Cheers :-)

Pebble support for this app is so amazing. I'll try describe it from the spec point of view: He (the magician) said, he wants to borrow my phone/tablet to do his miracle work for me (the spec). And while I'm giving him my phone, he said there's absolutely no app or whatsoever in work here. To prove it he drown his phone to an aquarium full of piranhas! Oh btw, he refused to take my phone. He said everything will happen in my hand. He also showed that nothing in his both hands. Nothing. Not even a watch or a band or anything. There's nothing on/in his hands. Then he ask me to open the browser in my phone and go to his mini biography site. While the page is loading, he asked me to think about a card and not letting me say what the card is. After the page load is finished he then ask me to said for the first time what is the card in my mind. It was an Ace of heart. He then told me to scroll down and at the end of the page there's a picture of a card. An Ace of heart!

You can do more with the pebble and the MWFX app. This is an amazing app. The pro upgrade for this app is also a worth buy for pros IMO.

daniel
I really like this. I bought it today and use it with my pebble already. Very clean
Wow I had no idea this was possible. Just applied to the group.
Is this only possible with IPhone ?

Or

Android as well
I don't think there's android version for this effect. I just checked it on magicwebfx.com

But the spec can use their browser on any phones or tablets

daniel
I love when great magic is done, and done well, with technology.
I often think about the notion that technology will outpace what we do with trickery.
Then magicians go and use tech in unique ways like this, and I sleep better at night.
I can honestly say this is best implantation of tech with magic I have seen. Most importantly its so clean, nobody thinks for a second its a tech method.
Last friday I did this effect to a girl, using her phone to open my website. And her mind blowed when I said "did you see me touching my phone, even once? (at the open on the table)". And then she just runs and tell what just happened to her friends frantically.

I love doing this more and more...
Whats is the price on the upgrade for the in app purchase?
[quote]On Jul 7, 2014, weapon wrote:
Whats is the price on the upgrade for the in app purchase? [/quote]

There is no in app purchased in the app. You can buy upgrade plan directly to Marc after purchasing the app. It'll cost you £70 to buy the upgrade plan.

daniel
I wonder a bit that there is not more traffic in this thread… I use this app (which does not appear at all like one…) since a couple of months. It is a thing of beauty and true genius. Just recently I upgraded to a pro version. Not only did Marc a terrific job, he did it in less than 2 days! I give it my highest recommendations.

In my case (I hope at least) it means a lot as I am normally never a fan of any apps, but this is exceptional! The possibility to use it in combination with a Pebble is another huge advantage – and you do not pay for it. O.k., you pay for the Pebble :)(which I just did a few days ago). BTW the use of the accelerometer function is just incredibly subtle. Jan
For me its trick of the year.
I had a question about the order of things in the app...is that customizable?
If you own it you'll probably know what I mean...
I don't have and won't have Facebook, so cannot go there for support
Can someone pm me, if the answer to my question is more appropriately answered that way.
Thanks!
Yes, you can and you do not need a FB account. In the instructions of the app you find all informations how to customize it. If you go to my website you can see it: www.janforster.de , then click "Interaktives", once there click "Beeinflussung". Jan
Thanks looks good, but not sure it answers my question...

I normally use CHaSeD order when required, but cannot find that setting in the app
Ok, never mind...I see that you cannot change what I wanted to change :hmm:
Little tip for all using a Pebble: You might experience (like me as I was practicing a lot with the accelerometer function) that you do not receive a final confirmation when your job is done. That means you do not get the message "done" when using the buttons nor do you get the final vibration when using the accelerometer although it is still done and the card has changed.

Simply go to "Settings" and select "Shut Down", wait a few seconds and then start your Pebble again. Everything is back then in order as it should be. Jan
All - thanks for your feedback and comments.
The Pebble app is the best way to quickly and secretly input the card without pressing any buttons at all. Just by moving your arm, you set the card that appears on the spectator's phone. The Pebble app is free to ALL users of magicwebfx, both pro and non-pro users.

Dooblehorn - the order of the suits is not too hard to learn. They're in this order as you need to count through sequentially and can use multitouch in the app to set the suit. As you're corresponding the suit to a number, the way I have done it is probably the most logical.

Thanks all!
http://magicwebfx.com
As luck would have it, it's using SHoCkeD order, which works for me!
I am having trouble using it in conjunction with Pebble accelerometer...
Are there any instructions on how to move your arm??
[quote]On Jul 29, 2014, dooblehorn wrote:
Are there any instructions on how to move your arm?? [/quote]

Dooblehorn - I believe we've spoken by mail. Is all OK now?
MagicWebFX was reviewed by Ian Rowland for MagicWeek:
http://www.magicweek.co.uk/magic_reviews/review_trick_magicwebfx.htm

[quote]You invite any spectator to take a look at your website on their smart phone. They do, and they see that you have a few photos of you performing at various functions. You invite the spectator to name any card they want (no force of any kind). Let's suppose they say the five of clubs. You mention that, as it happens, there is only one playing card featured in any photo, anywhere on your website. The spectator scrolls through two or three photos on your site and, sure enough, they see that in one photo the five of clubs is clearly and prominently displayed. This really is the only playing card featured anywhere on your website, as they can check for themselves. Remember, the spectator is seeing this on their own smart phone the whole time.

There is no force, no pre-show, nothing written down. Whatever card the spectator names will be the one and only card they see, via their own phone, on your website. This miracle works every time and is under your complete control. It's a solo item, with no need for assistance or covert help of any kind. You don't even need to have your own website, as the trick automatically sets you up with what will pass for one. Many tricks that utilise smart phone technology look like exactly what they are: an app that anyone can download and so anyone can perform the trick. This doesn't. It doesn't look like anything except an inexplicable miracle.

This is a miraculous 'think of a card' effect that is simply magnificent. In fact, if I hadn't seen this with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it's possible. The spectator is left with your website and contact details on their own phone, and with a darned good reason to show it to other people and shout about your miraculous talents. It is very hard to think what else you could possibly want from a close-up miracle of mentalism.

For full details, simply go to http://magicwebfx.com/
[/quote]
Written by Ian Rowland. Originally published in The Magic Circular at www.themagiccircle.co.uk
Hits the nail :) although Ian didn't mention the possible combination with a Pebble... I think this is the hottest app on the market - at least at the moment. Jan
[quote]On Jul 30, 2014, magicmarcuk wrote:
[quote]On Jul 29, 2014, dooblehorn wrote:
Are there any instructions on how to move your arm?? [/quote]

Dooblehorn - I believe we've spoken by mail. Is all OK now? [/quote]
Magicmarc, we spoke after I posted this, everything is good...your support is awesome and this app ROCKS!!!!
FYI, the ability to select your favourite suit order is in the next update which should be out later this week:

[img]http://cl.ly/XIUM/10626786_10154567746750319_4153297154163897901_n.jpg[/img]
[quote]On Sep 1, 2014, magicmarcuk wrote:
FYI, the ability to select your favourite suit order is in the next update which should be out later this week:

[img]http://cl.ly/XIUM/10626786_10154567746750319_4153297154163897901_n.jpg[/img] [/quote]

Great app! Highly recommended!

Got this yesterday and I'm extremely pleased.

I asked about CHaSeD order too as it seems far more logical. Minor detail but nice to see that the creators are listening. Thanks!
For card workers "SHCD" isn't anything surprisingly new... most people are just used to "CHSD" as they know it as common with Si Stebbins e. g.; actually there are people who prefer it the other way around. If you would not know "CHaSeD" and learn any order of suits for new you probably would go with "Shocked", as the shapes of the suits transmit this order visually too, Spades one tip, Hearts two (or two curves on top), Clubs 3 leafs, Diamonds 4 corners... ;) Jan
I am happy that Mark is giving the choice for suits. I use the SHCD order for the trick but I might move to CHSD.

The trick is very good !I like it a lot and do it always.
Another small programming suggestion: for the clear function with a single finger it might be better to provide some tactile feedback to confirm. Maybe two short buzzes - anything just so you know that the clear happened.
[quote]On Sep 2, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Another small programming suggestion: for the clear function with a single finger it might be better to provide some tactile feedback to confirm. Maybe two short buzzes - anything just so you know that the clear happened. [/quote]

Noted - I'll consider adding something like this in a future update.
Thank you. Waiting impatiently for the chased update! Argh!
Based on Jan's glowing recommendation I ordered the Pebble Watch from Amazon today - can't wait to give this a spin.
The pebble watch is an incredible addition to an already very powerful tool. This is my go to trick for months now.
Waiting for the watch and the app update ...

I figured apple update would have happened by now 😄
So now that Apple lunched the new watch do you plan in the future to release the app working with it?

I can wait... it would be great!!!

Thank you
I would wait for the watch in the first place... :) Jan
Updates:

I've added an option to put a Tweet button on your website. The default tweet auto changes with the card, i.e. if the card changes to the 4 of diamonds, the default Tweet when pressing the button will automatically change to "I've no idea how @magicmarc predicted that my card would be the four of diamonds!" or whatever you'd like it to say.

I'm still waiting for Apple to approve the latest version with CHaSeD support. The build was submitted over a week ago, though I assume Apple's review team are busy approving iOS 8 updates. I hope this will be out soon. I'm already working on 2.0.3 which will have another couple of small but helpful new features.

I've also added some optional code that locks the card to the user's device once set. This means if the spectator is on your site and the card changes to the four of diamonds, the card will always remain as the four of diamonds on that user's device in that browser.

I will likely support the Apple Watch when it comes out in 2015. This is dependent on WatchKit (and any potential Apple app guidelines) allowing me to build the app, and whether or not I'll actually buy one and therefore be able to develop for it.

MagicWebFX works perfectly under iOS 8 and has done since beta 1.

MagicWebFX also works fine on the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus - these simply scale the app.
Marc has created a simply brilliant and very powerful app here. The support from Marc is in the same league as Craig at Promystic. First rate and attentive.

Got my pebble watch yesterday and it's very cool but still working on the nuances. Takes practice.

One hint for pebble watch users is to make sure the watch strap is tightly buckled to one's wrist. This seems to help alleviate occasional issues.

Highly highly highly recommended.
So I see, you succeeded :) ... hope you got my mail, Brett. Jan
Yes I did Jan and danke as always your smart mentalist!
Glad you like it
All - MagicWebFX is on a huge sale for this Black Friday weekend only, ending Sunday.
Is this Iphone only or android as well

also Question for anyone that has a Pebble ?

Is it possible to get Pebble to work with both Iphone and Android at same time ?

Thanks
This gets my vote as one of top 3 releases on 2014. Amazing app.

It's iphone only I believe Jack.
[quote]On Nov 28, 2014, magicmarcuk wrote:
All - MagicWebFX is on a huge sale for this Black Friday weekend only, ending Sunday. [/quote]

Is there a special price for he upgrade?
Any plans for an Android release?

thanks,

CS
I recently purchased MagicWebFX and I'm really enjoying playing around with this app the last few days.

Here's a couple of issues I noticed that I hope can be corrected in a future update:

1.) I registered my account using my personal email address. But this is not the email address that I want advertised on my personal MagicWebFX page. I have different email address that I use for clients and booking gigs. If I try to change my email on the MagicWebFX Settings page located here: magicwebfx.com/u/settings.php?user=[insert username], when I hit Save the change will never take affect. It will always automatically revert back to displaying my personal email that I originally used to register on the website. The only workaround I have found so far is to update this information from the MagicWebFX app itself by going to Settings and going to the Web Configuration screen from there. But if I ever try to update it from the website then it will revert again. Marc, do you know why this happens and would you be able to fix it?

2.) Although you have the option to change the Suit order in the app Settings from SHCD to CHSD, I noticed that this change does not take affect on the Pebble. On the Pebble the suit order always stays SHCD no matter what. It would be nice if the suit order can be updated on the Pebble app as well.

Other than that this is a fantastic app and I look forward to using it once I get the hang of it!
Hi Phatmeat,

I replied to your duplicate post in the other forum at http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=563714&forum=273&32&start=30#1
Note that if you have any technical issues, it's best to email first at help [at] magicwebfx.com for a faster and more detailed reply.

Again, I'm glad you're enjoying MagicWebFX and hope you get great reactions from it!
Thanks Marc!
Shame about the no Android version - I'd definitely buy this if there was...
Just got this and love it. Quick question- I see CHSD was added to the app, but when I set it to that, it still only seems to work in SHCD for the Pebble input. Am I missing something or is Pebble input only SHCD?
Love this app - Marc's a genius - say no more :D
How hard is this to get right everytime using the Pebble ? Thanks for any help :)
Not hard, but you have to practice it a bit to get the feeling. Jan
Thank you Jan :)
Thanks for all of your kind words on the app. Here are a few answers:

[quote]On Dec 5, 2014, jbadman wrote:
Shame about the no Android version - I'd definitely buy this if there was... [/quote]
I'll keep this thread posted with progress on the Android solution which some are already testing.

[quote]On Dec 21, 2014, TuneHV wrote:
Just got this and love it. Quick question- I see CHSD was added to the app, but when I set it to that, it still only seems to work in SHCD for the Pebble input. Am I missing something or is Pebble input only SHCD? [/quote]
There will be a Pebble app update within the next few weeks that will give the CHSD/SHCD option on the Pebble.

[quote]On Dec 23, 2014, Tarik Flash wrote:
How hard is this to get right everytime using the Pebble ? Thanks for any help :) [/quote]
The app is designed to make it covert yet easy to input the card. It's certainly not difficult and is very accurate.
I really like it.I had no idea this was possible!
With my new iPhone I'll buy it first!
I was planning to buy this app as soon as possible... but I don't have pebble watch.. Can I still perform this effect as strong as everyone that perform this with pebble ?

Thanks...
Hi Guys
Do you know if this works with the mrsite.com platform?
It works great without a pebble.
The new MagicWebFX Pebble app is now out.

MagicWebFX works perfectly without a Pebble, however the Pebble watch allows you to use the app without pressing a single button or touching any screens.

New features in the Pebble update include:
- Accurate sensing of position in accelerometer mode.
- Ability to automatically open accelerometer/button mode on launch.
- Progress indicators.
- Ability to disguise the app as a watchface.
- Auto quit app after card updated.
- Shake to begin accelerometer sensing.
- SHCD/CHSD suit order.
- Improved button input mode.
- Support when worn on right wrist as well as left.
- More natural when seated - move hand up as well as down to select card.
- Bugfixes.
- And more!

The Pebble app is free for all MagicWebFX users.
The latest update to MagicWebFX now supports the Apple Watch.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/magicwebfx/id821255613?mt=8
Good news. Thanks!
This is the #1 app I have ever (no BS) purchased. It kills. Highest recommendation.

I use this all the time for over phone bookings to seal the deal.