(Close Window)
Topic: A couple of Gems from The Sapphire Collection by Osterlind
I just finished watching The Sapphire Collection.

What great effects he has in here. A guy could literally make a living just by doing Osterlinds stuff.

I will be adding these 2 effects to my routines.

#1 - Hands Off - This is an awesome effect done with a Jumbo deck. Spectator always has the deck in his hands, you name the card he has, and you know how many cards down his card is from the top. AWESOME!

#2 - Poor Man's Book Test - I have been looking for a quick, no set up, fail proof, easy to do book test. THIS IS IT!!!!!

Just my .2

JERDE
The Sapphire collection is one of the best buys I have made lately. The Q&A routine is just up my street, it will be going into my act very soon.
[quote]On Jul 7, 2014, Jerde wrote:
A guy could literally make a living just by doing Osterlinds stuff.
[/quote]

I believe at least half of the mentalism community does just that.
Yep , its fantastic. The almost real prediction is not to be overlooked. I just keep coming back to these effects and finding another gem. The key word here is 'worker', they ate all excellent workers

Regards,

Sea
Why did they eat the workers ;-)
Haha :-)
Poor mans book test is so simple but so genius. Too evil :)
[quote]On Jul 8, 2014, george1953 wrote:
The Sapphire collection is one of the best buys I have made lately. The Q&A routine is just up my street, it will be going into my act very soon. [/quote]
Agreed! The Q&A routine Richard teaches on Sapphire is wonderful, very straightforward and easy to do, allowing the emphasis to be on the performance.
[quote]On Jul 8, 2014, Jerde wrote:

A guy could literally make a living just by doing Osterlinds stuff.

JERDE [/quote]

And he does.....haha

It was a HUGE thrill for me to have Richard include his take on one of my effects (Check Effect) in this great collection! Richard tips some amazing material AND INSIGHTS on these DVDs.

Bryn
I performed the add a number at a gig at the weekend as my closing effect and it went down really well. It completely stumps people and allows a lot of room for presentation.

Thanks for sharing it Richard :-)

Regards,

Sea
[quote]On Jul 22, 2014, seamagu wrote:
I performed the add a number at a gig at the weekend as my closing effect and it went down really well. It completely stumps people and allows a lot of room for presentation.

Regards,

Sea [/quote]

My favorites are Hands Off and Perfected Add A Number. Richard teaches a different way to add the numbers up on the DVD that helps tremendously, and it comes off so much cleaner! I use this close up with some PW, and sometimes with an Ostin Clip. Hands off kills especially with the larger sized deck. His conversations about mentalism are very interesting and helpful too.
Sound good...

Regards,

Sea [/quote]

Richard gave me a completely untraceable, incredible "add-a-no" effect to include in my eBook "THE LOGAR SCROLLS." He even let me fiddle around with it, and name it. I named it "The Gift," because it truly IS! While I'm proud of everything in LOGAR, that n is truly the gem. How he comes up with these....!!!!!

Bryn
[quote]On Aug 13, 2014, mindhunter wrote:

Regards,

Sea [/quote]

Richard gave me a completely untraceable, incredible "add-a-no" effect to include in my eBook "THE LOGAR SCROLLS." He even let me fiddle around with it, and name it. I named it "The Gift," because it truly IS! While I'm proud of everything in LOGAR, that n is truly the gem. How he comes up with these....!!!!!

Bryn [/quote]

Wow! I have to go reread my Logar Scrolls.
Yeah, John, go back and re-explore "The Gift." I couldn't believe Richard gave it to me to release in Logar instead of featuring it in one of his DVD collections.

Bryn
Every single item on this two disc set is a gem!...my personal favourites being ' Hands-Off', 'Numeric Vortex' and Richard's improved handling of his beautifully made 'Whispering Die'.

Paul Mc.
Richard is also such a nice guy - man did you give his heart and soul and every ounce of energy at MindVention recently.

I will have to pick this up - he did a number of routines from Diamond at his MV show and they were gold for sure!
Hands Off is very special indeed.
Bob Somerfeld invented a similar book test to "Poor Man's Book Test" - you can find it in his 1952 booklet Pieces of Mind.