(Close Window)
Topic: Han Ping Chen vs. Gallo Pitch
I think both moves are great you can do it either on a table or in the hands of a spectator.
I've been noticing on some of my vidoes and a few people that i've watched doing either Han Ping Chen or Gallo Pitch looks very similar.
Is it the part where you can throw out one coin from the left hand on the table and then throw out aperantly different coin from the right hand but in reality the same coin, make that the Gallo Pitch.
Can't you also do that with Han Ping Chen?
Or is it the way you toss the coin makes it either Hang Ping Chen or Gallo Pitch?
The HPC is more of a slap to the table. The GP is a tossing action. They both accomplish the same thing. But the GP is supposed to be a more natural action.

Blurr
The major difference between the two is:

1. HPC you actually close your hands over the coins. The actual HPC is usually delayed (meaning you hold the coins, then the HPC is a move that comes later).

2. The Pitch is a move that happens all at once, you never close your hands over the coins. There is no delay between picking up the coins and the pitch, it must be done immediatly.

Not all routines allow you to pitch coins immediatly on pickup, those that do, the pitch works great, those that don't you would use the HPC.
Excuse my ignorance, but I've never heard of the Gallo Pitch. Where is it written up? Who came up with it?

thanks
/ Karl Berseus
Lou Gallo came up with it, it is written up in Lou's book "The Underground Man" written by Richard Kauffman.

Paul Cummins' video "Up In Smoke" teaches is very nicely as well.
It is also taught by Jay Sankey on his video "Revolutionary Coin Magic".
And by Ammar on video ("Early Ammar: World-Class Close-Up") and in his book, "Encore 3".
Its also on Michaels Knockout Coin Magic (Rubinstein).
Thanks guys.

Now I know what you're talking about.

cheers
/ Karl