(Close Window)
Topic: Passing of a great collector -- Francis Ng
I got a message from Jeremy Tan a few hours ago that Francis Ng, who used to post here has passed away.

Francis was a major collector of cups and balls and a very generous contributor to the Cups and Balls Museum.

May he rest in peace.
So sad to hear this. He was a great collector. Do you know cause, and his age?
Sad news indeed. Rest in Peace
Very sad news. I had sold a few sets of cups to him over the years.
His contribution to collecting was remarkable and he will be missed.
Rest in peace, Francis.
He was a very nice and generous man. Always welcomed anyone to his house to view his collection. I had the chance to meet up with him on several occasion and I learnt do much from him.

Despite his illness, he was always cheerful. May he rest in peace.
This is indeed sad news to hear. Francis was continually adding our wands and coin boxes to his collection. I remember he came along at such an opportune time with his first large order when we were struggling here, even more than we are now. A true gentleman, I will miss corresponding with him, and, considered him a good friend.

We were just recently putting together a few more wands of his choosing. In his last e-mail to me, he said that he had gone through a, "not so successful liver transplant", and was still trying to recover. I can only assume this may have been the cause of his passing. Our condolences to his family. Francis will be missed.

Michael
R.I.P. my friend.
Francis was only 49 yrs old. He was a great guy. I wish his wife Pauline and his kids the best.
There is no actual obit here, but you can leave a message at:
http://www.facebook.com/francisngkl (you must have a FB account)

His passion for Cups, Chop Cup and Indian Cups was amazing. Expand the left menu of his category and you will find a vast assortment of photos that he labelled and categorized here:
http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/Francisngkl/library/My%20Collection%20of%20Cups
I hope his PhotoBucket account is preserved for as very long time.
Donnie: Thanks for the link. :cups:
Very sorry to hear this. Francis' collection went way beyond his remarkable cup collection. He owned several things that I made for him. Rest in peace, Francis.
He was a very special gentleman.
Very sad. He was a passionate C&B collector and from the few exchanges I had with him an extremely nice man. What I found so remarkable about him was how very quickly he put together such a massive and impressive collection of cups.

I understand that Francis was an outstanding primary school proprietor/administrator in Singapore as well.

May he rest in peace.

Fortasse
Very sorry to hear this. He was a generous supporter and collector of my monkey fists, as well. I wasn't aware he was ill. My condolences to his friends and family.
I was very sad to hear of Francis's untimely passing. He was an avid collector, an enthusiast and a gentleman.
I am deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Francis Ng.
My condolences to his family.
Angelo
I never met Francis, but I corresponded with him via email. He had a passion for the cups that was at least equal to mine. I knew he was ill, but we didn't discuss it. I'm going to write a special tribute page for him on the museum site.
Very sad to hear the news. I believe some time ago he bought a rare set of mine and was a great gentleman about it.
He will certainly be missed.