(Close Window)
Topic: Little House
I'm looking for a review of Practical Magic's "little house".
http://www.practical-magic.com/online-shop/all-products/little-house-detail

Is anyone familiar with this effect?
I really like that! Haven't seen it, it's new I guess.
I have one of these, although it was made by a different manufacturer. I got it around 20 years ago, it was called "How's to Paint"... I think?
If my memory serves me, the maker was Tricks Inc. or something similar. They made some really nice items.

Anyway this version seems to be the exact same, as mine.
It really is a nice effect. I might have to brush mine off.
I really like it as well. It's been there for some time, and I'm suprised I haven't found any comments on the item.
I saw one for sale on a different forum - never used. That made me think that it perhaps is not such a practical effect as I hope it is..
Message: Posted by: themagiciansapprentice (Jul 31, 2014 06:42AM)
I've seen this used and it's very deceptive - pretty easy to do

just because something is for sale doesn't mean it's not very good, merely that some-one bought it at the spur of the moment and now can't fir it into their show -

many Practical Magic tricks are often relaeased and bought at the Blackpool Magic Convention (attended by 3500 magicians in UK) and much magic is purchased, lots of which is then sold on a few months later
Wow. I actually clicked on the link because I was interested to see the effect, and it was me demonstrating it on the video!

I remember it now. That was the first take and I was totally unfamiliar with the props, so I wouldn't say the effect is unpractical or difficult to perform. It was the end of a long day and I was in a silly mood (hence the tongue in cheek 'kiddy presenter' style and the references to drawing nudes - please don't use that presentation in a kids' show lol')
Kimmo - I found that presentation hilarious.