(Close Window)
Topic: T.O.S.T. by Sasha Crespi
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 3, 2014 05:17PM)
Hey Guys!

Sasha here! I'd love to talk to you about my first independent release, T.O.S.T.!

Imagine combining a book test and a tossed out deck, but with objects that you already have on you and that seem 100 % organic.
Imagine also performing this with borrowed objects from your spectator with no prior setup and no stooging.

There is a factor in this routine that makes it a lot more fun but also a lot more logical.

I have constructed a routine which not only makes sense, but also builds.

Never need to take the objects back
Can be borrowed
Impromptu or improvised
It makes sense to pass from one phase to the next
Several versions taught

Additionally, I include my D.A.D. principle. It allows you to ask someone to think of a song, book, movie,... And ask them to think of ANY LINE in that song, movie, poem, ... You instantly reveal the line with NO FISHING. They can confirm you are accurate.

I am NOT saying there is anything wrong with Mr. Hoy's effect. At all. for me, this is a completely different routine. I teach improvised and impromptu methods. 1 person or more (I do it for more). I will be honest, you could easily use this for stage but I find it to be a lot more appropriate to do this in a relaxed situation.

Once again, no stooging, borrowed objects or even no objects for the D.A.D. principle!

Let me explain what I have to offer. I've been vague with the description not because I want to scam you, but it's because one of the things I am offering is the objects/phases. For me, it's the strongest impromptu effect I perform, when I truly have nothing on me but what almost all human beings have.

You are also getting a cool principle you can apply to a book test or just an impromptu effect to make it seem a lot more impossible. You are getting many ideas on how to interchange the objects you are revealing.

I'm sorry you are buying something without knowing much about it, a refund is the best I can do if you truly hate it, but I don't think you will. I am here to share something I love with you. I truly believe you will use it often.


It's only 10 dollars and you'll get a lot. The pdf. should be ready this week for sure, I hope by tomorrow night.

I don't have a video and don't plan on releasing one, maybe for those who own it. This is not one of those things were it's not doable (everyone says that), it's not too good to be true, I'm offering a new presentation on the TOD with more organic objects and an awesome 2nd phase and several variations.
Message: Posted by: Magic.Maddy (Aug 3, 2014 05:28PM)
Read about this earlier on Sasha's personal Facebook page and I'm excited by it. It sounds fantastic.

I may have to purchase this one
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 3, 2014 05:31PM)
[quote]On Aug 3, 2014, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Read about this earlier on Sasha's personal Facebook page and I'm excited by it. It sounds fantastic.

I may have to purchase this one [/quote]


Thanks Maddy! I promise you won't be disappointed!

I want to emphasise though: I'm not offering anything revolutionary, I don't want to have a HUG scandal. It's a very strong and very to the point routine which makes sense and is great in impromptu situations.
Message: Posted by: Magic.Maddy (Aug 3, 2014 05:44PM)
Sasha told me a basic description of the effect and it sounds really great. I, for one, look forward to this being finished and released. I'm sure I'll grab a copy.
Message: Posted by: Fire Starter (Aug 3, 2014 05:49PM)
Sounds interesting ,for sure.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 3, 2014 06:36PM)
The pdf. should hopefully be ready by Wednesday. I want this to be as complete (and simple to follow) as possible. I'm excited to share this with you guys.
Message: Posted by: george1953 (Aug 4, 2014 04:51AM)
Keep us informed please !
Message: Posted by: bahamagician (Aug 4, 2014 09:20AM)
This sounds very interesting. I've done a lot of work with the tossed out deck and still do variations of it both on stage and close up. I've even released one of my handlings to the community. Would be very interested to see where you take the routine. All the best with it :)
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 4, 2014 12:51PM)
Thanks for the interest guys!

Here are a few points: There are NO cards in this routine. No cards in sight (that was one of the things I wanted to eliminate).

I am creating some videos for some of the explanations, it can sometimes be hard to explain things in ebook format, so I'm getting that done. The pdf. is around 35 % ready, will try to continue tonight.
There will be impromptu and improvised methods, but there is a one time setup and the effect can be performed any time any where (pretty much), so I think that's the method you'll use, but I will try to include some variations. I need to get permission from someone for one of the impromptu methods.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 6, 2014 01:36PM)
Ok, I've been making some progress! 70 % of the way through. Should be ready at the end of the week, but I am not promising anything. (if it isn't, it's because I want it to be the best it can be).

It has now become apparent that this routine is not for the beginner mentalist, you must definitely have some experience in the field. It's not hard per se, but you definitely want to have already played with similar things. Technically, the routine is self working.
Message: Posted by: James Conti (Aug 7, 2014 06:31AM)
[quote]On Aug 6, 2014, Sashac wrote:
Ok, I've been making some progress! 70 % of the way through. Should be ready at the end of the week, but I am not promising anything. (if it isn't, it's because I want it to be the best it can be).

It has now become apparent that this routine is not for the beginner mentalist, you must definitely have some experience in the field. It's not hard per se, but you definitely want to have already played with similar things. Technically, the routine is self working. [/quote]

Looking forward to it ;)
James
Message: Posted by: Legendary Wizard (Aug 7, 2014 09:05AM)
Toss out deck with a book ? That seem to be an interesting idea . Forking out 10 bucks will not be difficult . Hope to see it on shelve soon . :)
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 7, 2014 09:45AM)
[quote]On Aug 7, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
Toss out deck with a book ? That seem to be an interesting idea . Forking out 10 bucks will not be difficult . Hope to see it on shelve soon . :) [/quote]

Hey Magician560!

Thanks! Unfortunately, this does not use a book! It only uses items you are probably using right now, this allows you to do a book test in an extremely logical way with no physical words. It's a "thought of" book test.
Message: Posted by: Legendary Wizard (Aug 7, 2014 09:55AM)
[quote]On Aug 7, 2014, Sashac wrote:
[quote]On Aug 7, 2014, Magician560 wrote:
Toss out deck with a book ? That seem to be an interesting idea . Forking out 10 bucks will not be difficult . Hope to see it on shelve soon . :) [/quote]

Hey Magician560!

Thanks! Unfortunately, this does not use a book! It only uses items you are probably using right now, this allows you to do a book test in an extremely logical way with no physical words. It's a "thought of" book test. [/quote]

Really ? That seems even better :) .
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 14, 2014 05:36AM)
Not to worry, I've been getting some progress done and I shall soon be taking pre-orders. I might include something free for all pre-orders. Unfortunately, the price of the pdf. will be going up to 12 $, but I will make sure to include as much content as possible and possible a little something extra, we shall see :)
Message: Posted by: Acar (Aug 14, 2014 08:07AM)
I heard about this project on Team-up, and I'm curious to see who you pick to do graphics and investing.

For those of you interested in participating you can apply here:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/team-up/on/t-o-s-t/
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 14, 2014 08:57AM)
[quote]On Aug 14, 2014, Acar wrote:
I heard about this project on Team-up, and I'm curious to see who you pick to do graphics and investing.

For those of you interested in participating you can apply here:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/team-up/on/t-o-s-t/ [/quote]

Thanks Acar!

Yeah I have been messaging some of the people who applied and am seeing what would work best.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 19, 2014 09:17AM)
Hey Guys!

Just to let you know that the pdf. is in it's final stages and it should hoepfully be ready soon! Pre-Orders start Friday! (You'll get something good if you Pre-Order ;) )
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 23, 2014 04:38AM)
This will be ready to Pre-Order tonight! Whoever does so will get a free effect from my Book "A Doorway To My Mind" when it comes out. Get excited guys!
Message: Posted by: Martin Pulman (Aug 23, 2014 05:25AM)
Why has the price gone up?
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 23, 2014 05:28AM)
Martin, I have to pay for it to be proofread and I have added a lot of content to the pdf. Additionally, because my website's purchasing feature isn't working, I must go through Paypal and it takes a small percentage. I hope you understand.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 24, 2014 08:26AM)
I've just hit my 50th order!

WOW guys thanks so much! Some people did seem confused though: either PM me or email me at contact@sashacrespi.com to find out how to order!

Thanks again guys and I'm looking forward to finally sharing this with you!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 25, 2014 04:56PM)
The Bonus you guys will get if you pre order is my improvised, angle proof and examinable version of Rick Lax's EXCELLENT effect Vertigo (with Rick's permission).

This is until WEDNESDAY or until the pdf. is sent out, which will be Saturday maximum.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 27, 2014 08:53AM)
Ok guys, competition time!

Guess what is the first thing I've ever released (hint: it was free) and you'll get T.O.S.T. free! 1st person to guess gets it!
Message: Posted by: Magic.Maddy (Aug 27, 2014 09:07AM)
[quote]On Aug 27, 2014, Sashac wrote:
Ok guys, competition time!

Guess what is the first thing I've ever released (hint: it was free) and you'll get T.O.S.T. free! 1st person to guess gets it! [/quote]


F1 card to envelope? With Alakazam?
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 27, 2014 09:10AM)
Maddy Wins!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 27, 2014 09:25AM)
I just donated all of the money I have made from T.O.S.T. to ALS to hopefully help them in finding a cure to this horrible disease. Please go to ALSA.org and learn more about it.
Message: Posted by: James Conti (Aug 27, 2014 05:41PM)
[quote]On Aug 27, 2014, Sashac wrote:
I just donated all of the money I have made from T.O.S.T. to ALS to hopefully help them in finding a cure to this horrible disease. Please go to ALSA.org and learn more about it. [/quote]

Good on you mate!!!!!!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 28, 2014 12:44PM)
OK GUYS!

Deal until tomorrow night:

A friend of mine is struggling to buy a VISA as his Passport was stolen (not a scam, don't worry). I want to raise money for him, but as I sent everything I got to ALS, this means that YOU GUYS get a deal!

Until Friday Midnight my time (UK), you can get T.O.S.T. for 10 $!

It should be released this weekend/early next week, but most probably this weekend (have a lot of time to finish writing tomorrow, proofread, ....

SO yeah! I guess none of the money from T.O.S.T. is going to me, but this is my best friend and I want to help him!

Forward 10 $ to sashacrespi@gmail.com


(Sorry for anyone who bought it before, but to compensate, I shall add more free stuff for you guys!)
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 29, 2014 07:37AM)
Ok guys 4 more orders and my friend can come home! Thanks again for the support and I'm looking forward to sharing this with you guys!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 30, 2014 08:19AM)
T.O.S.T. is done! Re-Proofreading and adding. Soon guys!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Aug 30, 2014 09:20AM)
Every Pre-Order has been sent out! We should see a few reviews within the next days!

Today is the release date and you can get T.O.S.T. for 12 $.


Thanks again!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 3, 2014 05:56AM)
Hey Guys!

I am proud to say that Murphy's Magic Supplies will be distributing T.O.S.T. !

The feedback I have gotten has been good all around but I have had some suggestions and some extra crediting sources. I am going to slightly re-write it and you should see it in "local" online Magic Shops very soon!


Thanks again!
Message: Posted by: Legendary Wizard (Sep 4, 2014 03:51AM)
Great , then my dealer should get it soon . Look forward to receiving one within this month .
Message: Posted by: Saturn UK (Sep 5, 2014 03:19PM)
T.O.S.T is now available to download here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/download-magic/tost-by-sasha-crespi-ebook-download.html
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 5, 2014 05:47PM)
Thanks so much Mark! only thing, is the last past part is not from by booklet! Thanks again for your support and hope it does well!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 5, 2014 05:53PM)
I am SO proud. My first release to the Magic Community is available WorldWide. THANK YOU MURPHY'S! My next thing will be THE BEST TNR EVER created!!! It will allow you to create your own TNR and do things never before possible!!!! If you can imagine a TNR with any paper like object, you can do it! I will offer the most practical, surrounded, visual and practical solution ever!

Thank you so much everyone!

You can buy T.O.S.T. here!

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/download-magic/tost-by-sasha-crespi-ebook-download.html

http://www.murphysmagic.com/Streaming/Product.aspx?id=54415

Thanks again!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 6, 2014 05:47AM)
If any of you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will try to guide you in your purchasing decision!
Message: Posted by: talmagiczk9 (Sep 6, 2014 06:30AM)
Look good Sasha !!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 6, 2014 07:08AM)
[quote]On Sep 6, 2014, talmagiczk9 wrote:
Look good Sasha !! [/quote]

Thank you so much Talmagiczk9! I hope you enjoy it but mostly importantly: you use it!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 8, 2014 10:19AM)
First review!

I bought this before it was released through Murphy's, and all I can say is that this is brilliant! The D.A.D. principle is awesome and the routine is really logical! I'm really looking forward to seeing more from Sasha.

9.7/10, BUY IT!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 10, 2014 05:26AM)
Ok Guys! Deal for all of those who haven't bought T.O.S.T. yet or are indecisive! (This will be free+ some extra stuff for people who supported me first!)


Anyone here who purchases T.O.S.T. from any retailer will receive a free pdf. revealing two effects: both levitation/balance type effects and both either impromptu or just examinable (no threads, magnets, glue, ...)

There ya go! Keep in mind, you won't get it right away, whenever those are written up, I will send them to you! (probably this month).

You can purchase T.O.S.T. here!
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S18537
or here!
http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/download-magic/tost-by-sasha-crespi-ebook-download.html

Just send me a message with proof of purchase by this Thursday (tomorrow) and I will put you down!
Thanks!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 10, 2014 04:09PM)
So today I got two "reviews", one very positive and one had some problems, so let's go over them!

For the problem one, there was a problem in the ad copy where it says this can be performed impromptu or improvised. Throughout the pdf, I teach the improvised handling and give you links to other works (that you probably already have) so you can adapt those to perform this impromptu. This was for contractual reasons with the distributor and will ask for it to be rectified if any of you feel this is misleading. He also was afraid of the D.A.D. principle, my answer: perform it and you'll see how effective it is!

For the good review, it comes from Jakob Michaels, he basically had a flick through and says "To be perfectly honest, T.O.S.T. is pretty *** good.Seriously man, very great stuff"

There ya go! If you would like to read yet another one, scroll up!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 11, 2014 11:15AM)
Yay! Yet another 5 star review!

This one is by Adam Trotman, in the USA


"Sasha Crespi has created a masterpiece. It is a beautifully routined piece of mentalism, and something I will be adding to my performance right away. The D.A.D principle is so cool. You will love this as soon as you get it, and will be performing it in just a short while after."


Dude, YOU are awesome!


You can check the review here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S18537#reviews
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 11, 2014 02:37PM)
Yet another positive review! This one comes from a French Magician called Rudy. (this is the translation)

"I have just purchase/read T.O.S.T. that I really liked, it's quite cool and I'll definitely be performing it (especially the D.A.D. principle that I thought was really clever"

Lastly, a quick question for you guys: where did you guys buy T.O.S.T. from?
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 11, 2014 04:25PM)
Ok Guys, tonight is the last night to get the deal for T.O.S.T.!


Buy it and you'll get 2 free levitation effects (in the near future, probably the most next month or so) that require no threads, magnets, or ant of the traditional methods you have seen previously!

Here are some reviews!

"I have just purchase/read T.O.S.T. that I really liked, it's quite cool and I'll definitely be performing it (especially the D.A.D. principle that I thought was really clever"

"Sasha Crespi has created a masterpiece. It is a beautifully routined piece of mentalism, and something I will be adding to my performance right away. The D.A.D principle is so cool. You will love this as soon as you get it, and will be performing it in just a short while after."

"To be perfectly honest, T.O.S.T. is pretty *** good.Seriously man, very great stuff"

"I bought this before it was released through Murphy's, and all I can say is that this is brilliant! The D.A.D. principle is awesome and the routine is really logical! I'm really looking forward to seeing more from Sasha. "


To get these effects, buy it and send ME proof of purchase in an email (it's in the pdf.) and I will send you them as soon as I write them up!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 11, 2014 05:14PM)
Wow, they just keep on coming!

Here's a review from an awesome guy that backed me since the beginning: Maarten from Belgium!


He says: "I also loved the ebook. These are some good ideas. You can use with other stuff."


Thanks so much guys!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 15, 2014 04:53AM)
Yet another positive review!

This one comes from a friend and fellow creator (look out for this guy's stuff), Tom Elderfield:


I actually really recommend this effect! It such an original and new take on an old effect with completely different methods For only $15, so worth it!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 15, 2014 12:49PM)
Ok so 2 more reviews on the Penguin site:

One negative (which I frankly don't understand, more on this in a second) and one positive. The negative is from Anonymous, and he says:

"Well I am into professional magic for 13 years. Downloaded the e book due to the 5 star rating of the previous reviews. Not worth it. The e book is written by a young magician with very less experience of performance in the real world.Such material is not expected on penguin Magic.A rip off."

To tackle this, first off let me make it clear that everyone can have their own opinion, and that for me is the best thing about being a human being, so negative reviews I don't mind as long as they make sense. This one, to me personally, just doesn't. The fact I'm young doesn't necessarily mean I have less experience or that I am bad. Of course, I am by no means saying this in an egotistical sense, quite the contrary, I want to support my fellow young performers. I have performed for The Queen of England, The Duke of Edinburgh, along with several incredible celebrities including Bryan Grazer, Valérie Lemercier, ... Now, I am only saying this to say that I know several 14 year olds that are extremely talented and I don't think we should devalue them because of their age. If this mister would have said the effect/method/writing,.... was awful, I would have accepted that and maybe agreed if his/her point was valid, but here, I personally don't.

If that person is reading this, I am by NO means angry, quite the contrary, I would love to talk and just have a nice chat, I'd love to know about your experience in the art and talk about life in general, I always like a good chat. contact@sashacrespi.com

On a more positive note, there is one more 5 star review from John Hinton, a professional magician in the US:

"Great modern twist on a classic effect. If you want to wow a bunch of your friends all at the same time and make them think you can read minds with out any tricky magic props this is for you!"

Thanks again guys, I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Sasha
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 28, 2014 11:22AM)
Hey Guys!

Long time no see! I've been extremely busy working on some stuff, one of them being a DVD that might come out very soon.

Thank you so much for the all the support on T.O.S.T.!

Well, I want to give those of you who hadn't had the chance to get the pre-order deal a small chance. Until this Wednesday, buy T.O.S.T. right here and you shall get my newest pdf. Unwrapped completely free! This has not been finished yet, but it should be this month (end of October hopefully!). http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638

Just send me an email with proof of purchase and I will make sure to put you down on a list!

just make sure to buy it right here! http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638

Thanks again guys!
Message: Posted by: Jacob Smith (Sep 28, 2014 04:46PM)
Hey guys, just wanted to chime in real quick now that I've had time to say how wonderful Sasha's thinking in T.O.S.T. is, but I think so far it's spoken for itself. The basic effect itself is highly commercial and once you have this then you are set for life with no apps or any really difficult handlings during the performance itself. The D.A.D principle alone is worth the price of admission, it's a pretty simple principle that can create some truly astounding moments in a revelation.

-Jakob
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 30, 2014 03:17AM)
Yet another 5 star review! This comes from a fantastic reviewer, James Conti!

Go check out his blog, his reviews are true and concise, I really like his style!


Here's the review for T.O.S.T.! It's slightly lengthier than the other ones, for those of you that are still on the fence!

http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com/tost-by-sasha-crespi.html

You can purchase T.O.S.T. here. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Sep 30, 2014 11:36AM)
[quote]On Sep 28, 2014, magician 336 wrote:
Hey guys, just wanted to chime in real quick now that I've had time to say how wonderful Sasha's thinking in T.O.S.T. is, but I think so far it's spoken for itself. The basic effect itself is highly commercial and once you have this then you are set for life with no apps or any really difficult handlings during the performance itself. The D.A.D principle alone is worth the price of admission, it's a pretty simple principle that can create some truly astounding moments in a revelation.

-Jakob [/quote]

Thanks so much Jakob! Very much appreciated!

Remember, today and tomorrow are your last days to buy this and get my upcoming pdf. "Unwrapped" free! It's a signed bill/card to sealed gum pack that is pretty awesome (if I can say so myself).

You can purchase it here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638

Just send me an email with proof of purchase!

You'll also get a sneak peek at my upcoming DVD which I think is the best thing I have ever created!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Oct 9, 2014 04:54AM)
Contest time!

What new DVD am I in (I will tell you this, it's from a very famous Magician and the DVD is in the form of two lecture. If you can tell me the DVD and which one of the two locations, you will win T.O.S.T. and a sneak peek at my TNR.
Message: Posted by: Kevin Li (Oct 9, 2014 11:57AM)
@sashac Stonex Davide stones live lecture
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Oct 10, 2014 04:10AM)
[quote]On Oct 9, 2014, Kevin Li wrote:
@sashac Stonex Davide stones live lecture [/quote]


Kevin you won! Please send me an email at contact@sashacrespi.com and I will send you your prize!
Message: Posted by: Kevin Li (Oct 10, 2014 12:08PM)
Awesome! Thanks aot Sasha!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Oct 15, 2014 01:18PM)
Yet another contest!

I am in a new lecture DVD, this one is a mentalist from the UK!

Guess which one, you've won T.O.S.T.!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Dec 11, 2014 05:58AM)
Well, it's been a while, but T.O.S.T. is now available exclusively at Penguin!

I will be updating the pdf. a little bit, new ideas, different revelations, ...

Most of the reviews have been positive and I'm happy to see that people are trying this out and having success with it!

You can purchase it here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638
Message: Posted by: Saturn UK (Dec 11, 2014 06:28AM)
We have it also!

http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/paul-harris-magic-tricks/tost-by-sasha-crespi-ebook-download.html
Message: Posted by: tmoca (Dec 13, 2014 10:35AM)
Any actual reviews from those around here?
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Dec 15, 2014 03:38PM)
[quote]On Dec 13, 2014, tmoca wrote:
Any actual reviews from those around here? [/quote]


Hey Tmoca!

There are several reviews on page 2. I have copied them here for you :)

"I bought this before it was released through Murphy's, and all I can say is that this is brilliant! The D.A.D. principle is awesome and the routine is really logical! I'm really looking forward to seeing more from Sasha.

9.7/10, BUY IT!"

"To be perfectly honest, T.O.S.T. is pretty *** good.Seriously man, very great stuff"

"Sasha Crespi has created a masterpiece. It is a beautifully routined piece of mentalism, and something I will be adding to my performance right away. The D.A.D principle is so cool. You will love this as soon as you get it, and will be performing it in just a short while after."

"I have just purchase/read T.O.S.T. that I really liked, it's quite cool and I'll definitely be performing it (especially the D.A.D. principle that I thought was really clever"

"I also loved the ebook. These are some good ideas. You can use with other stuff."

"I actually really recommend this effect! It such an original and new take on an old effect with completely different methods For only $15, so worth it!"

"Great modern twist on a classic effect. If you want to wow a bunch of your friends all at the same time and make them think you can read minds with out any tricky magic props this is for you!"

Hey guys, just wanted to chime in real quick now that I've had time to say how wonderful Sasha's thinking in T.O.S.T. is, but I think so far it's spoken for itself. The basic effect itself is highly commercial and once you have this then you are set for life with no apps or any really difficult handlings during the performance itself. The D.A.D principle alone is worth the price of admission, it's a pretty simple principle that can create some truly astounding moments in a revelation.

-Jakob
Message: Posted by: tmoca (Dec 15, 2014 03:53PM)
All of the reviews that I have read here have been posted by you, with no real names attached to the quote. I would kind of like to hear directly from others....nothing personal of course. :)
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Dec 15, 2014 04:25PM)
Hey Tmoca!

Yeah no problem! I did not give this out to any "well known" magicians, but here is some information that might interest you:

http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com/tost-by-sasha-crespi.html Here is a reviews from James Conti, who owns a review blog.

There used to be 6 reviews on Penguin (5 of which were 5 stars and one of which was 3, but that person never bought it and was only commenting on my writing style). I don't know why but now they are all gone (long story, but basically Penguin wants to sell through their site and not Murphy's, so they redirect to their page for T.O.S.T.).

Yif has performed some of my creations (2 to be exact) and I have praises from David Stone, Jean Luc Bertrand, Mathieu Bich, Brad Christian, Michael Vincent, Steve Bedwell, Eric Jones, Jason Brumbalow, David Penn, Joshua Jay, Peter Nardi, Titanas ...over the effects in my book (one of them will be T.O.S.T.) and my performances in general.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them with full honesty.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Dec 18, 2014 04:12PM)
Hey everyone!

Here is a new review! 5 stars, thanks Arijit!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638#reviews
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Dec 25, 2014 06:30AM)
Merry Christmas everyone!

In classic Holiday Celebration Fashion, here is a nice discount on my product!

From today until the first, T.O.S.T. will be 9 $ instead of 12 $. You can read the dozens of positive reviews on the previous pages.

You can get it here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638 or you can get it directly from me, just send 9 $ to sashacrespi@gmail.com by Paypal!

Thanks again and enjoy your Holidays!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Dec 25, 2014 04:45PM)
Ok, it has now been fixed. The 9 $ price is now working!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Dec 27, 2014 07:48AM)
Thanks to all of those who are taking advantage of the Holiday Deal for T.O.S.T.!

Remember, from the 25th to the 1st, you can purchase it for 9 $ instead of 12 $! Here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638 or you can get it directly from me, just send 9 $ to sashacrespi@gmail.com by Paypal!

Anyone who has this, please send me an email at contact@sashacrespi.com and I'll give you some new ideas I've been using over the last month or two with T.O.S.T.

Thanks again, and I'm looking forward to getting some more reviews as all of the ones on Penguin have disappeared (due to a problem with Murphy's).

Luckily, they are all written on page 2 :)

Enjoy your day and thank you to those who are taking advantage of the Holiday deal!
Message: Posted by: saysold1 (Dec 27, 2014 10:01AM)
Just checked this thread out for the first time - odd that 90% of the posts are from the creator.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Dec 27, 2014 05:33PM)
[quote]On Dec 27, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Just checked this thread out for the first time - odd that 90% of the posts are from the creator. [/quote]

Hey Saysold! Yes, most of the posts are from me, but they are simply reviews from customers and promotions.

Enjoy your day!
Message: Posted by: Pete Legend (Dec 27, 2014 06:23PM)
Hey Sasha,

I don't really come on here much anymore and just stumbled randomly on this thread but have to say your enthusiasm is fantastic man! Hope sales are going well and best of luck to you - sounds great!

Best,

Pete
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Dec 27, 2014 06:36PM)
[quote]On Dec 27, 2014, Pete Legend wrote:
Hey Sasha,

I don't really come on here much anymore and just stumbled randomly on this thread but have to say your enthusiasm is fantastic man! Hope sales are going well and best of luck to you - sounds great!

Best,

Pete [/quote]

Hey Pete!

Thank you so much for the kind words. I truly do believe in this product and I want it to show. A few people have tried to start a bit of drama (like that never happens on the Café right? ;) ) but that just motivates me and I thank them for even taking the time to comment or even consider looking at my product.

I am not here for fights or controversy, I am here to show the world something I am proud of and I hope it shows.

With that said, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday Season!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Dec 30, 2014 11:44AM)
Thank you everyone for your orders! May I ask anyone who has purchased this to put up a review on the Penguin Page? All of the other ones got deleted. I would be eternally grateful.

It seems that a lot of people are taking advantage of this 9 $ deal (available until tomorrow btw), please remember to email me at contact@sashacrespi.com to get some additional handling tips!

Happy Holidays everyone!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Dec 30, 2014 03:04PM)
We've got our first negative review! I of course wasn't expecting everyone to like this. I have copied it here:

Not good
Verified buyer Anonymous from LA on December 30th, 2014
I didn`t like this at all. Never going to use it.


That is absolutely fine. I have asked the person why they did not like this as I would like to know. I always encourage constructive criticism (as long as it's constructive). Once we have talked about it, if there is nothing I can do to help and they really don't like it, I can offer a money back service for the customer.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Dec 31, 2014 06:10AM)
On a more positive note, we got another great review!

I must admit, this comes from one of my best friends but he is not one to lie or be biased. He paid it much like all of you and I've seen him work this (in fact, he was one of the people who contributed one of the new ideas!)

You can check the review here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638

Once again, it truly is unfortunate that Penguin removed the 6 other brilliant reviews :/ 5 of them were also verified buyers.
Message: Posted by: Jamie Ferguson (Dec 31, 2014 06:39AM)
Great reviews Sashac, thanks for posting.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Dec 31, 2014 06:40AM)
[quote]On Dec 31, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Great reviews Sashac, thanks for posting. [/quote]

Thanks Jamie. Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Jan 13, 2015 05:18PM)
I am happy to say that for the most part, everyone has been very happy with T.O.S.T. and I've even had some people perform it for me.

So many ideas have been shared added with all of the ones I have been working on. I am proud to say that I will be working on updating the book using all of the feedback I have received as springboard.

The new version will have new ways of achieving the effect, how make it more theatrical, other methods, new presentations and troubleshooting (in case they don't know the ...)
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Jan 13, 2015 05:19PM)
May I ask that everyone who has this and likes it posts a review either here or on Penguin?

I have gotten a lot of positive reviews through my email but very few on here.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Jan 23, 2015 11:20AM)
This is the last time to get T.O.S.T. for 9 $. It will go back up to 12 extremely soon (probably tonight).

I'm expecting a lot of reviews coming in soon, one even from Jeff Stone!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Jan 26, 2015 10:13AM)
Yet another great review!

It can be found as a verified buyer on http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638#reviews

I have copied it here to make it easier :)

Sasha has given us a solid routine using some old principles that he has reworked for the modern age. I enjoyed the S.A. principle as well as the D.A.D. principle. I'm sure with some thought you could produce some routines of your own with these principles. Well worth the money. Congratulations on your release Sasha! And thank you for contributing to the mentalism community!

You can purchase T.O.S.T. right here :) http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Feb 6, 2015 04:12AM)
We have another verified 5 star review! You can read it here:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638#reviews

I have copied it here once again to make it easier :)

The title is "Pretty Good". 5 stars

"Haha just kidding this is amazing!
Personally I have been using it quite a lot and the reactions are simply incredible! It's a must have if you're a mentalist"

Thank you Sébastien, this is very much appreciated!

You can pick up T.O.S.T. here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Mar 14, 2015 07:31PM)
Hello Everyone!

Sasha speaking, creator of T.O.S.T. Thank you for being one of the over 400 purchasers of T.O.S.T., the feedback I've received has been amazing and I thank you for that.

I'm very happy to announce that (soon) I will be releasing T.O.S.T. 2.0 .

I hate 2.0.'s as much as you do and made myself a promise to not call it that, but the routine has such an important phase change that I feel it deserved it.

This will be 100 % free for all previous T.O.S.T. owners, and will be a similar price to the original T.O.S.T. for everyone else. This is just my way to say thank you to you guys for being the early investors in T.O.S.T.

I'm convinced that the new routine change will be something you guys will love (I know my audiences love it) and will encourage a lot of you to actually use. It has an element of surprise, a callback and totally unexpected ending all in one. I genuinely feel this could be a major part of anyone's stage show and this new phase goes to prove that. So yes, get ready for new subtleties, new ideas and an additional killer phase that provides a show stopping changed to the original T.O.S.T.

It allows you to have a real punch at the end. No one will see it coming (especially not conjurors) and I can't wait to share it with you guys. There will also be a lot of new subtleties, new visual ideas and a killer convincer that I think you guys will love! I'm also considering including a quick trailer. I won't be demonstrating the routine and won't get into specifics of it, but if people would be interested in one, please let me know.

I can't wait to show you what the future is holding. Oh and yes, a DVD with a certain retailer is also in the works, but let me not tease you too much. Any of you who know me personally will know that I've been working on it for 6 years and I'm pleased to announce it will finally be available.

Except for that, I hope all of you are having fun performing and I wish you nothing but the best! Keep your eyes on your mailbox ;)
Message: Posted by: TheDirectionalist (Mar 14, 2015 08:01PM)
Sounds great Sasha! Love the original!
Message: Posted by: tmoca (Mar 15, 2015 07:58AM)
[quote]On Mar 14, 2015, Sashac wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Sasha speaking, creator of T.O.S.T. Thank you for being one of the over 400 purchasers of T.O.S.T., the feedback I've received has been amazing and I thank you for that.

I'm very happy to announce that (soon) I will be releasing T.O.S.T. 2.0 .

I hate 2.0.'s as much as you do and made myself a promise to not call it that, but the routine has such an important phase change that I feel it deserved it.

This will be 100 % free for all previous T.O.S.T. owners, and will be a similar price to the original T.O.S.T. for everyone else. This is just my way to say thank you to you guys for being the early investors in T.O.S.T.

I'm convinced that the new routine change will be something you guys will love (I know my audiences love it) and will encourage a lot of you to actually use. It has an element of surprise, a callback and totally unexpected ending all in one. I genuinely feel this could be a major part of anyone's stage show and this new phase goes to prove that. So yes, get ready for new subtleties, new ideas and an additional killer phase that provides a show stopping changed to the original T.O.S.T.

It allows you to have a real punch at the end. No one will see it coming (especially not conjurors) and I can't wait to share it with you guys. There will also be a lot of new subtleties, new visual ideas and a killer convincer that I think you guys will love! I'm also considering including a quick trailer. I won't be demonstrating the routine and won't get into specifics of it, but if people would be interested in one, please let me know.

I can't wait to show you what the future is holding. Oh and yes, a DVD with a certain retailer is also in the works, but let me not tease you too much. Any of you who know me personally will know that I've been working on it for 6 years and I'm pleased to announce it will finally be available.

Except for that, I hope all of you are having fun performing and I wish you nothing but the best! Keep your eyes on your mailbox ;) [/quote]

How will current owners get the update? Will it be posted to our Penguin accounts?
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Mar 15, 2015 08:12AM)
[quote]On Mar 15, 2015, tmoca wrote:
[quote]On Mar 14, 2015, Sashac wrote:
Hello Everyone!

Sasha speaking, creator of T.O.S.T. Thank you for being one of the over 400 purchasers of T.O.S.T., the feedback I've received has been amazing and I thank you for that.

I'm very happy to announce that (soon) I will be releasing T.O.S.T. 2.0 .

I hate 2.0.'s as much as you do and made myself a promise to not call it that, but the routine has such an important phase change that I feel it deserved it.

This will be 100 % free for all previous T.O.S.T. owners, and will be a similar price to the original T.O.S.T. for everyone else. This is just my way to say thank you to you guys for being the early investors in T.O.S.T.

I'm convinced that the new routine change will be something you guys will love (I know my audiences love it) and will encourage a lot of you to actually use. It has an element of surprise, a callback and totally unexpected ending all in one. I genuinely feel this could be a major part of anyone's stage show and this new phase goes to prove that. So yes, get ready for new subtleties, new ideas and an additional killer phase that provides a show stopping changed to the original T.O.S.T.

It allows you to have a real punch at the end. No one will see it coming (especially not conjurors) and I can't wait to share it with you guys. There will also be a lot of new subtleties, new visual ideas and a killer convincer that I think you guys will love! I'm also considering including a quick trailer. I won't be demonstrating the routine and won't get into specifics of it, but if people would be interested in one, please let me know.

I can't wait to show you what the future is holding. Oh and yes, a DVD with a certain retailer is also in the works, but let me not tease you too much. Any of you who know me personally will know that I've been working on it for 6 years and I'm pleased to announce it will finally be available.

Except for that, I hope all of you are having fun performing and I wish you nothing but the best! Keep your eyes on your mailbox ;) [/quote]

How will current owners get the update? Will it be posted to our Penguin accounts? [/quote]

Yes. I have also contacted all of the people that bought this from me initially. Once again, please keep in mind that it won't be a while until I decide to update it. Several ideas have been coming from myself, from friends and from previous purchasers of T.O.S.T. for the past few months so I want to test as many as I can and "filter" the gold :)
Message: Posted by: Roki (Mar 15, 2015 05:03PM)
This sounds interesting but I personally don't trust reviews on a sellers site. How come no one has reviewed it here on the Café? I don't mean " Its awesome " but give us an idea how it plays . There is so little actual information here that is not just promotion from the creator. Im not criticising him but would like something more objective as I am genuinely interested.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Mar 15, 2015 05:29PM)
[quote]On Mar 15, 2015, Roki wrote:
This sounds interesting but I personally don't trust reviews on a sellers site. How come no one has reviewed it here on the Café? I don't mean " Its awesome " but give us an idea how it plays . There is so little actual information here that is not just promotion from the creator. Im not criticising him but would like something more objective as I am genuinely interested. [/quote]

Hey Roki!

That is not a problem at all. If you go back to the second page, you can see a review from someone here on the Café. All the other reviews are either from the Penguin site or ones that were sent to me personally. There is also an unbiased review on James Conti's website; it can be found here: http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com/tost-by-sasha-crespi.html

I'm also offering a money back guarantee if you absolutely do not like it.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Mar 15, 2015 06:00PM)
For all of you wondering, here is what the T.O.S.T. 2.0. routine is. There will be a LOT more to the routine than just this, but this is the "basic" routine.

After the Performer has introduced him/herself, he/she asks several helpers if they would like to take place in a psychological experiment.

An envelope is handed out into the audience containing a prediction.

After borrowing a smartphone, the Performer opens the Music playlist, showing all the songs to be different. After the participants have confirmed this, they are asked to place the phone on shuffle and individually “run” through the songs until they have all chosen one song they are happy (or familiar) with. This is all done whilst the phone is on silent and the Performer is in the other room. Once they have done so, they are asked to remember the song and hide the phone. (To recap, each spectator is apparently thinking of a different song and the performer genuinely has no idea what song each spectator is thinking of).

The performer returns to the room and asks all of the helpers to stand up. He then names several songs (the same number as the people standing) and asks everyone to sit down if they have heard their song. They all do so but two. All of the other audience members are asked to go back to their seat.

The performer focuses on the two remaining spectators and tries to reveal what songs both of the remaining spectators are thinking of but seems to be unable to do so. Unable to “read” the person, the performer asks one of the two spectators to also go back to their seat.

The person left standing is then asked to start singing the song they are merely thinking of in their head and to stop whenever they want. Once they have done so, the performer is not only able to reveal (letter per letter) the word they have stopped at, but also exactly where!

As a kicker, the performer calls back the person that he was unable to "read" and asks them to name their song. The performer has a moment of clarity and reminds the audience of the prediction he handed out before any of this took place.

The spectator opens the prediction and it is revealed that the song the remaining spectator was merely thinking of is written upon it.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Mar 16, 2015 07:24PM)
Just to clarify, T.O.S.T. 2.0 should be coming out in May.
Message: Posted by: Roki (Mar 18, 2015 10:14AM)
Thanks for posting the routine.Sashac. Now we have a clue how it plays.
Does it require you to know how music playlists work on various phone ? I don't even know how mine works.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Mar 18, 2015 11:07AM)
[quote]On Mar 18, 2015, Roki wrote:
Thanks for posting the routine.Sashac. Now we have a clue how it plays.
Does it require you to know how music playlists work on various phone ? I don't even know how mine works. [/quote]

Hey Roki!

It doesn't. I teach you everything in detail and there is nothing complicated. If you can create a music playlist (putting songs in it as well obviously) and put it on shuffle, you'll be fine. For the impromptu method, it's even easier.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Apr 22, 2015 03:44PM)
Well, today I found out I got into the University of The Creative Arts, which means you get a great deal!

T.O.S.T. for the next week ONLY is 7 $. That's almost half price and knowing that T.O.S.T. 2.0. will soon be coming out (and the price will go up), this is a bargain! This is THE ABSOLUTE lowest price this will ever be sold for!

Oh yes, T.O.S.T. 2.0. comes free for those that purchase T.O.S.T.

This is for the next week only! All I ask is that if you like it, please leave a review!

You can take advantage of this deal here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4638

Thank you so much for all of you that have already purchased and performed T.O.S.T., It means the world!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Apr 23, 2015 12:12PM)
Thank you to everyone that has already taken part in this deal! Just to confirm, the price is only 7 $ until Monday midnight PST (that's the time one of my other auditions ends) and I won't be running any more of these flash sales unless I get into other courses (I'm applying for 3 more in total) or am in a particularly great mood!

Just to clarify, T.O.S.T. 2.0. isn't out yet, it's still being developed/is being written. It will be out in a few months but I'd be happy to quickly run through some of the tips that will be present in the 2.0. version with the purchasers of T.O.S.T.

I think all of you will be very happy to see how much the routine has matured! It's been very much influenced by the work of Luke Jermay and the philosophy of Kennedy!

Thanks again and join the deal before it's too late!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Apr 28, 2015 02:08PM)
Tongiht is the last night for you to take advantage of this deal!

Just this weekend, I approved of 3 more ideas to be in T.O.S.T. 2.0.

I'll be giving you so many different ways of performing the effect so that you can change the method to best fit the situation. It's going to be great!

Until then, good vibes!
Message: Posted by: Sashac (Apr 29, 2015 03:56PM)
I wasn't kidding, the price for T.O.S.T. has gone up!

It will reach it's full price of 20 $ when T.O.S.T. 2.0. is released. In the meantime, I might consider filming a quick effect of mine (completely unrelated to T.O.S.T. and including it as a bonus until T.O.S.T. 2.0. arrives.

Would there be any interest? It's a fun effect that fooled both Justin Miller and Eric Jones when I first created it.It's a fun Triumph routine with a twist. It's incredibly clean and even a beginner can do it. It has a really fooling moment in the middle/end and is super clean as you spread the cards in your hands throughout to show them mixed. (Warning: it requires a special deck which you all have).

It's just a fun little thing that I think you might enjoy. Any interest?
Message: Posted by: Sashac (May 7, 2015 06:45PM)
I'm happy to report 3 things:

-The writing of T.O.S.T. 2.0 is going incredibly well and (if I may say so myself), the subtleties in it are incredible! This is SO much more than simply the T.O.S.T. effect, this is a lesson in the evolution of a piece. I think everyone who purchases this will absolutely adore it! I am nearing 30 pages and I am not even half way through! I genuinely believe this will provide great value to any serious student of the art. I will not be releasing any review copies but I will be offering complimentary copies of the pdf. to people of my choosing for quote purposes.

-T.O.S.T. 2.0. will be released sooner than I thought.

-T.O.S.T. 2.0. will be released as a limited edition physical book (only 25 copies available). All previous T.O.S.T. purchasers will receive the 2.0. as a digitally watermarked version, but that will be not be available after T.O.S.T. 2.0 is released.

The final price will be 25 $ and it will only be available through me directly.
Message: Posted by: Sashac (May 10, 2015 03:47PM)
It's coming along really well! I'm including a bonus effect of mine which could be worth more than the price of the book (I know because someone is selling an incredibly similar thing for 50 $!).

I'm thinking 50 copies sold in total for 29.95 only through me. I'm still debating whether it should be hard backed or soft backed. Hard Backed would mean that the price would go up just a bit (35 $) and I would be taking pre-orders one week before it goes off to the printers just to pay for printing costs. There wouldn't be any delays as the book would be finished by then.

Thoughts?
Message: Posted by: Sashac (May 10, 2015 03:52PM)
[quote]On May 10, 2015, Sashac wrote:
It's coming along really well! I'm including a bonus effect of mine which could be worth more than the price of the book (I know because someone is selling an incredibly similar thing for 50 $!).

I'm thinking 50 copies sold in total for 29.95 only through me. I'm still debating whether it should be hard backed or soft backed. Hard Backed would mean that the price would go up just a bit (35 $) and I would be taking pre-orders one week before it goes off to the printers just to pay for printing costs. There wouldn't be any delays as the book would be finished by then.

The Hard Backed would have the added bonus routine whereas the soft wouldn't'.

Thoughts? [/quote]
Message: Posted by: Mark_Chandaue (May 10, 2015 06:06PM)
If it's in the 60 - 80 pages ball park I would keep it as a soft back. Good luck with the release.

Mark