(Close Window)
Topic: Legalize magic
Something to smile.. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yny0VDxgNwQ

anyhow: fake or real?
Either way the guys a ******#@*
Well, some would say he is just doing his duty..

anyhow: back to magic: real or fake?
Fake.

Shame really as a real police officer might have shot him...and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Any cocky, backwards baseball cap wearing, stupid little prick like that deserves what he gets. The police have a hard enough time of it without putting up with ******** like this.

I think it's disgusting.
Yeah follow the line or else.. kill them all..

other opinions due to fake or real?
Look who was the seller.

Search???

LWT

Laugh
While
Typing

IMHO
Smoking anything goes against our lungs.

Harris
Stepping down off his soapbox while
Applauding use of media for publicity
His message doesn't appeal to me but the ideas behind it does.
Is there anyone who actually thinks this is real? I know one thing, for sure - I am not a fan of Calen Morelli...
Good idea - looking up who the guy is.. he is magican..

http://weeklymagicfailure.blogspot.de/2011/06/randomizer.html

still not sure: fake or real..
Posted: Aug 18, 2014 03:47 pm Have no clue about such kind of tricks.. that's why I ask..
Have no clue about such kind of tricks.. that's why I ask..
[quote]On Aug 18, 2014, Funnybaldbloke wrote:
Fake.

Shame really as a real police officer might have shot him...and that wouldn't be a bad thing.

Any cocky, backwards baseball cap wearing, stupid little prick like that deserves what he gets. The police have a hard enough time of it without putting up with ******** like this.

I think it's disgusting. [/quote]

You are what's wrong with socity, this was harmless and you wish he got shot?
Yep.

If it was real, would've served him right.
At least your honest.
Obviously a funny fake- not real. Didn't you think the cop noticed the camera?

And it's totally sick to say that someone deserves to be shot for this- even if he was actually stupid enough to sell weed to a cop. If a cop shot him for something like this, he'd certainly be terminated and indicted.
So such a trick would not be possible? the cop graps his arm immediately and searchs his body without finding anything..

morals: well, what to say: a fellow magican should get shot due to a trick he performed.. no comment necessary I guess.. actually the case of Michael brown is on tv - well, interesting to face the other side here in the Café..
A trick like this can definitely be possible - the scenario is what's fake - not the trick.

I also don't think he deserves to be shot. However, I can't help but not like the (perhaps unintended) message he might accidentally send with this. But this isn't a political/ideological forum, so that's not something worth going into.
Thx for info related to the trick..

agree.. again (like gaza): if someone likes to discuss this issue: lets meet somewhere in the www..
I'm not sure if you guys are being serious or not, but on the off chance I've somehow drifted into LaLa Land....

You do know that:

1) it's a trick
and
2) it's not a real cop.

Just checking that's all, 'cos I'm getting worried.
Well, if Calen Morelli wanted to make it more real he could have offered oregano to a cop.. looks like weed but is legal.. the risk of getting shot is at almost zero - specially as a camara is nearby..

so do not know if the cop is fake.. guess he is - otherwise the cop would have arrested him probably..
As I wrote above.

A. It is real PR
B. it's not everyone's cup if tea
C. Not everyone likes tea

Deutsch
Harris Deutsch
"If we can't laugh at ourselves, others will beat us to it. "
Https://twitter.com/calenmorelli/status/501062290909986816?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=DANIELmadison&utm_content=501066653833367553
This guy is really cool.. :)

of course I also never would explain a non magican any secrets of tricks.. death before dishonour !!!!
[quote]On Aug 18, 2014, backinblack wrote:
Well, if Calen Morelli wanted to make it more real he could have offered oregano to a cop.. looks like weed but is legal.. the risk of getting shot is at almost zero - specially as a camara is nearby..

so do not know if the cop is fake.. guess he is - otherwise the cop would have arrested him probably.. [/quote]
The Cop is a fake.
He is an actor.
It's a funny spoof and no, he shouldn't be shot.
If you lived in Blackpool you would be bad tempered too.

Now can we please get back to more serious things such as "who is the best mentalist ever in the whole wide world (well the small wide world that I know of) ever", or " people can charge what they like but this is too much" or even "it doesn't matter if a trick doesn't suit your style or you're not natural with it, its the audience that matters".
Me personally, I loved it as I was entertained. That being said, I'm just a pr*ck who also where's his hat backwards.
If its a black hat you wear it backinblack so to say.. ;)
It is indeed a black hat! Therefore I'm down with backinblack :)

Http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/08/18/mag......-morelli
[quote]On Aug 18, 2014, backinblack wrote:
Well, if Calen Morelli wanted to make it more real he could have offered oregano to a cop.. looks like weed but is legal..
[/quote]

I've got a little experience in law enforcement.
In most States here in the US, sale of an imitation substance is illegal. This includes solicitation and offering for sale an imitation controlled substance. (Do you really want to tell your cellmate you were selling oregano?).

And...having some knowledge of hiding places for contraband combined with some knowledge of magical methods, I know where it "disappeared."

My only questions is.....How did he "keister" it so fast? And...how did he retrieve it equally as fast?
Its black-magic.. ;)

"but the guy in uniform is not a sworn donut-muncher" cool.. I like this guy.. :)
[quote]On Aug 18, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:

And it's totally sick to say that someone deserves to be shot for this- even if he was actually stupid enough to sell weed to a cop. If a cop shot him for something like this, he'd certainly be terminated and indicted. [/quote]

Bob,

I'm not so sure. First, he looked like a cop to me (also, Iain was kind enough to provide the kid's twitter feed).

As for being terminated and indicted for a shooting? Look at that poor kid in Ferguson (and what appears to be a botched cover up).

Best wishes,

Scott
p.s. Here we go...
Interesting.. so if he would have done it for real ;) in a state it is not illegal to sale of an imitation substance he would have had more pr but not much more risk.. well, anyhow: good viral marketing..

btw: guys: if you like to take your pr to the limit just drop me a pm.. ;)
[quote]On Aug 18, 2014, Harris wrote:
As I wrote above.

A. It is real PR
B. it's not everyone's cup if tea
C. Not everyone likes tea

Deutsch
Harris Deutsch
"If we can't laugh at ourselves, others will beat us to it. " [/quote]

I like tea!!
Calen is an awesome magician, a nice guy (I met him at his Penguin lecture), and used to work for Copperfield.

Also not sure if its real or not - but I was amused. The timing with the events in Ferguson is unfortunate though.
[quote]On Aug 18, 2014, Scott Soloff wrote:
[quote]On Aug 18, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:

And it's totally sick to say that someone deserves to be shot for this- even if he was actually stupid enough to sell weed to a cop. If a cop shot him for something like this, he'd certainly be terminated and indicted. [/quote]

Bob,

I'm not so sure. First, he looked like a cop to me (also, Iain was kind enough to provide the kid's twitter feed).

As for being terminated and indicted for a shooting? Look at that poor kid in Ferguson (and what appears to be a botched cover up).

Best wishes,

Scott
p.s. Here we go... [/quote]

The "cop" obviously knows this is on video and that a camera person is also present. (And I know a lot of guys in TV and the movies who look like cops, too!)

But my main point was simply to question the mind set of the poster who said this kid would have deserved it if he got shot. Pretty sick.
Agreed.
[quote]On Aug 18, 2014, j100taylor wrote:
Calen is an awesome magician, a nice guy (I met him at his Penguin lecture), and used to work for Copperfield.

Also not sure if its real or not - but I was amused. The timing with the events in Ferguson is unfortunate though. [/quote]

The answer is in the link on the first page.
Yeah seems setup to me too, I also figure Calen Morelli is smart enough to know not to do this in real life anyway, still made me laugh none the less.
Cheeky play. Not my style of performing but it does look like the back of a set. Unless the uniform moonlights in maintenance.
[quote]On Aug 18, 2014, Galileo wrote:
Yeah seems setup to me too, I also figure Calen Morelli is smart enough to know not to do this in real life anyway, still made me laugh none the less. [/quote]

smart enough in the sense of having balls or smart enough in the sense of max pr-impact?
If it is in a state where marijuana is legal, then I could see it being potentially real and not set up. However, assuming that marijuana is not legal in that state (a safe assumption as if it was I don't see why the cop would have a problem) then the next step the cop would have taken would most likely be to detain the kid and call in a k9 unit to find the herb. Entertaining, but set-up I feel.
Again, the answer is on the first page, he admits to the cop being a fake.
Wow, its the best version of russian roulette I have ever seen ....
:)
[quote]On Aug 18, 2014, IAIN wrote:
Https://twitter.com/calenmorelli/status/501062290909986816?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=DANIELmadison&utm_content=501066653833367553 [/quote]

Don't know if it is true but I hope he did get arrested. Cops have a hard enough job without dealing with cocky punks like Calen. That is my 2 cents.
[quote]On Oct 1, 2014, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Https://twitter.com/calenmorelli/status/501062290909986816?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=fb&utm_campaign=DANIELmadison&utm_content=501066653833367553 [/quote]

Don't know if it is true but I hope he did get arrested. Cops have a hard enough job without dealing with cocky punks like Calen. That is my 2 cents. [/quote]

Arrested for what? It wasn't real. The cop was fake. But from your post it sounds like you hope he was arrested anyway. From TMZ:
[quote]Home
Magician Selling Weed To Cop -- Calen Morelli: Cop Is FAKE In Pot Magic Trick!
Magician Calen Morelli
Cop is FAKE
In Pot Magic Trick!
8/18/2014 2:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Magician Selling Weed To CopMagician Calen Morelli pulled a trick on everyone when he made it appear a cop slammed him against a wall in search of a bag of pot ... because the cop is an IMPOSTOR!!!

Calen appeared on TMZ Live Monday and spilled the beans ... the epic video -- which has nearly 8 million views -- is not what it seems.

Yes, the magic is real, but the guy in uniform is not a sworn donut-muncher ... well, at least not one with a badge.

Gotta say ... well done.[/quote]

http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/18/magician-selling-weed-cop-marijuana-disappears-calen-morelli/

Yes, well done indeed. I wish I'd have thought of it.

And you call Calen a punk for getting some excellent promo?
I hadn't seen the TMZ link where he admits the cop was fake. Was it clever magic and marketing? Sure. I call Calen a cocky punk because I thought Calen came across as a cocky punk on his dvd set Function 9 and when I saw this video I thought it was more of the same from him. I am glad it was fake.
I'm with Bob, great marketing idea, wish I'd have thought of it as well! The actual slight looks great too, and I must admit to having a chuckle when the ''cop'' looks under his hat.
Even if he hadn't told everyone the cop was fake, it would surely have been easy to deduce it. As Bob said, a real cop would have noticed the camera. Therefore he would undoubtedly have confiscated it (or at least tried to) as it contained incriminating evidence, not just let both of them go!

I found the stunt amusing, I must admit.

Rich
I'm really surprised that magicians, of all people, got sucked into thinking it was real.
[quote]On Oct 2, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I'm really surprised that magicians, of all people, got sucked into thinking it was real. [/quote]
well, its magic.. ;)
[quote]On Oct 1, 2014, Paul Rathbun wrote:

Don't know if it is true but I hope he did get arrested. [/quote]
*lol* fake or not who cares - arrest him..

do you want the total war on drugs / jokes?