(Close Window)
Topic: BOB CASSIDY INTERVIEW
I've had a couple of people email me asking about an interview with Bob Cassidy.

I am thrilled to remind everyone that Bob was indeed a guest on Episode 150:
http://bit.ly/MNWCassidy

In addition, he joined us during MindVention:
http://bit.ly/1wAEd0J
and
http://bit.ly/1BXEvBR
The 'improvement' on the russian roulette was hilarious. Great stories.
Message: Posted by: Investigative Mentalist (Sep 22, 2014 02:25PM)
Bob is always entertaining and informative.

I never get tired of listening to him.

Look forward to meeting him in person at MindVention next month in Vegas.
I love Bob and he knows it! I have always said he reminds me of Vernon. Bob is friendly, charismatic and an enchanting raconteur!
[quote]On Sep 22, 2014, PaulPacific wrote:
I love Bob and he knows it! I have always said he reminds me of Vernon. Bob is friendly, charismatic and an enchanting raconteur! [/quote]

Let me add "unassuming" and "legendary" like Vernon. Bob C is the real deal.

You are "The Man" Bob!
[quote]On Sep 22, 2014, Jeff Wassom wrote:
The 'improvement' on the russian roulette was hilarious. Great stories. [/quote]

Yes! Bob's a terrific storyteller.

Thanks for this interview, Dodd.
There can only be one Bob !
He's the real deal. I appreciate all of his many aspects.
Thank you all. Big contrast to some of the reviews I got on my last Penguin lecture! :eek:
They're probably from magicians who were annoyed you didn't teach more tricks. After all, it's all about the secrets, isn't it!

Personally I thought the lecture was excellent and I could happily listen to you two talking all night. It's in the midst of all the chat that the nuggets are hidden.

This interview was great too and as Jeff said above, the Russian roulette story is hilarious.
Four hours wasn't it? Nowhere near long enough, that's my only complaint!! Going to check these out tonight, thanks!
Forget those egg heads. You and Richard shared the floor in a brilliant and simple way. Just like any good education should be. You're the best.
[quote]On Sep 25, 2014, TheGingerWizard wrote:
Four hours wasn't it? Nowhere near long enough, that's my only complaint!! Going to check these out tonight, thanks! [/quote]
Well, if you want more, you'll just have to attend Mindvention in a couple of weeks. Yep, Richard and Bob will be together for a panel. It's supposed to be on billets, but you never know what they'll really talk about... ;)

- Jheff
Billets?

That's only what it says on the MindVention program. :eek:
Sounds lovely but with the untimely arrival of my new job I don't think I'll have the money tq go yet. It's unfortunate but, since you know I would be willing to pay insane money for any student to pay answer me this. What is more important? Reading or performing. As you said you can only get good at handling an audience by practice and I don't take your dark forecast lightly about future performers. Also, I love that you have a civilized view on magicians. Recently, I performed a card trick and the nice girl I performed for exclaimed that's real Im wondering what you should recommend I dedicate my study to magic or mentalism. Oh and I should mention the crazy rapport I have with this group because they already think I'm a genius.
New job? Get your priorities straight and quit. :eek:

Seriously, only you can decide if magic or mentalism is the right path for you. But, you're right, you can read and practice all you like (and you should) but that's all meaningless if you don't get out and actually perform- because it is only in performance before lay people that you will learn those important lessons that can only be had by experience.

Good thoughts,

Bob
I bought a Blue microphone!!!
Thanks bob