(Close Window)
Topic: LaVellma's Vaudville Budget for Mind-Readers Magicians and Ventriloquists
Just bought this 1922 book today. Has anyone else read it? It looks amazing so far. :swordbasket:
Yes. I've had a copy of this for over forty years. It was written by David Lustig, who as later and advance man for Dunninger as we as his co-creator and confidante.

The methods described are very primitive and outdated, but the book nonetheless is of great historical interest.
[quote]On Sep 20, 2014, Slim King wrote:
Just bought this 1922 book today. Has anyone else read it? It looks amazing so far. :swordbasket: [/quote]
Yes I have a copy of this; forgot I have it until this reminder. I gotta pull out some of my boxes of "schtuff" from my magic closet and remind myself of some of the treasures I have collected over the de ades past! :thanx:
I too have a copy signed by Lustig in a box somewhere.
I've always thought that Lustig was the BRAINS behind the outfit .. at least as far as pre-show, from what I've read. :hotcoffee:
Message: Posted by: MentalistCreationLab (Sep 21, 2014 05:06AM)
Yes, I too have had a copy of that work for about 25 years, David Lustig also put out a small legal size manuscript folded on a Blindfold which was intresting as well a few years later. At its core the work of 1922 is very dated as Bob stated above although some of the itemsin that book could be reconstructed using newer methods that were not avaiable in Davids time which might make for some intresting items.
I have this book and some other from the same author : the method are dated (exept maybe the bits on the two person code : this has not evolved much in the past century) but it really helps to understand how mentalism evolved to it's current point.
There is some amazing things about crystal gazing!!!!
Can also be found as PDF in the Will Alma Collection in the Victorian State Library on line.