(Close Window)
Topic: Tarot Reading/Close-up Mats
I've purchased customized Tarot Cards from Elaine before and just noticed that she's selling customizable tarot read Mats (close-up pads) 17" x 27" with 14 difference designs to choose from. I'm leaning towards (2) but also like the simple design of (5) too.
http://www.tarotbyseven.com/#!matts/c1j0a
By the way, what does "DWA" stand for? It's printed in the diagonal corners opposite the "Maybe" in design #2.
[quote]On Sep 25, 2014, Intrepid wrote:
By the way, what does "DWA" stand for? It's printed in the diagonal corners opposite the "Maybe" in design #2. [/quote]

Don't Wish/Want to Answer
Some nice looking mats, nice find.
These are gorgeous! I do not do much with Tarot as a reader, but I may have to consider one of the more generic looking mats for use with my WA, B of A or Ip$₩!ch routines and my "witch box" would look great resting one of those, too. :bat: :applause:
Those look really great, definitely have 3 I like & 2 I would buy,.....would be interesting to have a custom one done, with Chris' s permission, of a Kadar mat......:-)

Thanx for the find Intrepid !
DocBen, I would suggest for WA you should take a look at the cloths produced by magical dimensions, he post here on the Café. They come with a built in crib, hidden in plain view. Great cloths.
5 is nice 10 is fun. Thanks for posting they are a great idea. Kadar would be great if that's all you use it for. Yes, George WA would also be good.
I would say #7 is ready for Kadar as is-!
[quote]On Sep 25, 2014, george1953 wrote:
DocBen, I would suggest for WA you should take a look at the cloths produced by magical dimensions, he post here on the Café. They come with a built in crib, hidden in plain view. Great cloths. [/quote]

Yes, George, thanks and I actually have purchased ons of Ray's cloths, which is excellent and a beautifully crafted and useful item. I was thinking of the mats as an occasional alternative use with various pieces/props/routines that I have. :thanx: :me:
"Certified Tarot Master"? Hmmm, that would look nice on the den wall next to the diploma from Miscatonic University.
http://www.tarotbyseven.com/#!tarot-certificates/c1kn7
I'm certifiable...
I keep stumbling over cool new items she's added since I last purchased tarot cards from her more than a year ago (the *** deck with the #1 back design).
http://www.tarotbyseven.com/#!custom-backs/cb30
Looks like there's a lot more back designs. Check out #5, the crows. That is just too cool. (Note the web page is a bit slow to open, but it does open in time)
And then there's this, The Deck of the Dead.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/199813242/deck-of-the-dead-tarot-limited-edition?ref=shop_home_active_12

Hmmm...how to justify buying another tarot deck.
FYI the censored word above goes something like this: b*st*rd
[quote]On Sep 25, 2014, DocBenWiz wrote:
[quote]On Sep 25, 2014, george1953 wrote:
DocBen, I would suggest for WA you should take a look at the cloths produced by magical dimensions, he post here on the Café. They come with a built in crib, hidden in plain view. Great cloths. [/quote]

Yes, George, thanks and I actually have purchased ons of Ray's cloths, which is excellent and a beautifully crafted and useful item. I was thinking of the mats as an occasional alternative use with various pieces/props/routines that I have. :thanx: :me: [/quote]
Ben, that's how I'll be using these pads. Ray's mats are the go to item in matching the antiquarian aethetics of bizarre props in a theatrical seance performance. But like most magicians I enjoy doing close-up magic with cards and coins as well, even if my presentations are a little on the dark side, but whose isn't. That's why I need a seriously cool looking close-up pad. I've exchanged a few emails with Elaine and she's come up with a bunch more designs options for the pads, which I'd be glad to share if interested.

P.S. is anyone else having problems with her website opening really slowly? It takes forever to open on my iPad.
Yep, its really slow on my android tablet too, thought it was just me.
Thanks for the tip on the additional mats. I will continue to check into what is available, as I already li, e a couple of them and am deciding what to pursue. :thanx:
These are the other options.
[img]https://home.comcast.net/~coffeeboiler/Close-up%20Pads%20v01.jpg[/img]
B01, B02 and B03 are too loud for my taste, but the others are nice.