(Close Window)
Topic: Some mental stuff .. Need a little of help
Hay every body,
I have a big show of children aged 9 in October 7 .
and I want to know if anyone here can recommend a DVD that
learn grate mentalisem effect for this age .
and the effects need to be funny .
Thanks all :)

Have a grate week !!
Cody Fisher Comedy Confabulation, will get great laughs and will completely astound all the grown ups who are pretending they aren't really watching.
This is a joke, right? You have a show in less than two weeks and you're asking us what "grate mentalisem" effects you should learn?
I think you can order the DVD and get it in a week ... So you'd have a few days to master it!

Or this would be quicker!

http://www.lybrary.com/bob-cassidy-m-41.html
Hi Tal,

I took a look at your facebook page and now that I know who you are a little better, I can understand why you asked this. I hope you find your effect; there are some really good comedy mentalism routines out there, like the one Galileo mentioned, but comedy mentalism for kids isn't something very common.
I think mentalism by it's very nature requires a more mature audience to appreciate what is happening. With that said, I think you may find something that would work for you in a book of effects called Chicken Scratches by Floyd Collins. It is available on the Kranzo Magic website for a very reasonable price, and has many fun things in it - some of which may work for 9 year olds.
One thing about all this Tal...2 weeks doesn't really give you enough time to learn any of these effects, let alone develop a good routine. Maybe if you plan of adding new material for your next show, you should consider giving yourself a couple months to practice beforehand.

Best of Luck!
Thanks, Slim, but I'm afraid I wouldn't even recommend my own materials in this case. They're meant to be studied and learned, not "Buy now, perform tomorrow."
I was just kidding BOB ... ;)
I suspected as much, DAVE. :)
[quote]On Sep 27, 2014, JayFredericks wrote:
Hi Tal,

I took a look at your facebook page and now that I know who you are a little better, I can understand why you asked this. I hope you find your effect; there are some really good comedy mentalism routines out there, like the one Galileo mentioned, but comedy mentalism for kids isn't something very common.
I think mentalism by it's very nature requires a more mature audience to appreciate what is happening. With that said, I think you may find something that would work for you in a book of effects called Chicken Scratches by Floyd Collins. It is available on the Kranzo Magic website for a very reasonable price, and has many fun things in it - some of which may work for 9 year olds.
One thing about all this Tal...2 weeks doesn't really give you enough time to learn any of these effects, let alone develop a good routine. Maybe if you plan of adding new material for your next show, you should consider giving yourself a couple months to practice beforehand.

Best of Luck! [/quote]
Wise word's there,could not put it any better myself.
Just my opinion but I don't think mentalism would be suitable for 9 year olds. And as for learning it in a couple of weeks !!!
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Sep 27, 2014 04:21PM)
This is a joke......... Right?

Ray
I hope so.

John archer has some great comedy, but ultimately the mentalism is too notch. Not aimed at children either, and definitely not suited to two weeks prep. Nothing should be

I suggest canning the job and starting again with some serious study before trying this, in all honesty, intrinsically difficult brief for a show.maybe stick to balloon animals for them for now.

Simon
[quote]On Sep 27, 2014, sjdavison wrote:
I hope so.

John archer has some great comedy, but ultimately the mentalism is top notch. Not aimed at children either, and definitely not suited to two weeks prep. Nothing should be

I suggest canning the job and starting again with some serious study before trying this, in all honesty, intrinsically difficult brief for a show.maybe stick to balloon animals for them for now.

Simon [/quote]
I just did a mind reading thing with my son who's a smart 5 ... He liked it .. Then I did kind of an ambitious Tarot card ... he seemed ok and laughed his bunnions off!!!
I've done mentalism for 8/9 year olds. My daughter was my assistant in one routine I invented and still remembered it many years later. It was published in The Linking Ring but you'll find a rewritten version in Jeff Brown's "Sherlock Holmes Book of Magic" which will give you other ideas too.

Books before DVDs - always.

Barry
The easier way is to adapt something you already do for kids.

In vanish magazine 3 (you can get it for free :) ) there was an article on adding a thema (Harry Potter, superheros, ...) to your kid show : that might be the easier answer.

Take something you already perform (something with a simple plot, that won't require any complex action from your volonter (you definitly don't want to lose your volonters or your public)) and take the time to add a thema. that will appeal to them :)
[quote]On Sep 27, 2014, talmagiczk9 wrote:
Hay every body,
I have a big show of children aged 9 in October 7 .
and I want to know if anyone here can recommend a DVD that
learn grate mentalisem effect for this age .
and the effects need to be funny .
Thanks all :)

Have a grate week !! [/quote]

Mentalism I heard grates on children that age.
Extremely Mental by Boris Pocus. "It's strong. Very strong!" (At least, that's the claim - I don't own it, as it's not my style, but the trailer makes it look good for kids.)