(Close Window)
Topic: Si-Fi Project by Xiang Liu
DESCRIPTION

"This is one of the most visual and impossible sets of levitations I've ever seen. Very natural."
-Eric Jones

Xiang Liu is an innovative thinker. Adapting his ideas to create the magic he wants to use.

Si-Fi project is a small collections of this thoughts on a subject largely untouched by magicians.

Using this simple idea he's created 4 visually sunning and easy to do effects.

No difficult setups, nothing to stick to anything and most importantly start clean and end clean!

We're sure that after you learn the effects Liu teaches you, that you will go on and develop your own amazing ideas, and we'd love to see them.

List of effects

Super Conductor : A borrowed ring floats as your hands revolve around the floating ring then it suddenly drops to your hand and stops in mid air, only to slowly land on your palm. Then as you go to grab the ring it floats up to your fingers and you immediately return the ring.

I Do: A borrowed ring floats in mid air as your hands circle around it and then floats on to your finger

Freefloat: A borrowed ring floats between your fingers and you can immediately hand out the ring.

It's Cute: A borrowed ring is place on the palm of your hand and with a few wiggles of your finger on your other hand jumps to land on your ring finger. Shocking to see happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOlFGqDFJuQ
Looks good.
Does this come with eveything you need or you need to purchase?
There has been a ton of floating ring effects lately :

Invisible , kinetica , suryas device

This one looks the best. Nice job !
Hey Ceierry the answer is yes it comes with everything you need.
The first levitation looks beautiful - any idea if this is an ITR or just plain IT?
I hope it's an ITR..
I will say this. Before we decided to release this effect we tried everything and released it with what makes the effect work best. Not only that but every DVD comes with the "gimmick" in an envelope and the envelope has a hand written message written by myself. And no two envelopes are the same. Also the dvd has a hidden secret to some different magic. So for those who buy it. Please enjoy it.
..and I inquired about clothing restrictions..none.. :)
but I assume no practice ring is included? ...
[quote]On Sep 28, 2014, joseph wrote:
but I assume no practice ring is included? ... [/quote]

Me too, and if I can setup the hook up and walking around all day long?
Couldn't see the price, so how much?
30$
Saw that it was $30. Great price.
Can you be set-up ahead of time and do other effects before doing Si-Fi? If there something breaks, can you have more than one set-up in place as a back-up?
Thank you.
Michael
New York
This is great, It is worth it even if just for the "It's cute" as it looks like you truly control the ring mentally verse the float. Plus, Xavier and Liu put there hearts into this! A great first release from the The Daily Deception!
Hey everyone so this product does NOT come with a ring, however I'm sure it won't be hard to find a ring to practice with. However when doing this in the real world remember the limitations of the "Gimmick" there. As with anything practice is needed to learn all you need to know when performing but I think that the ideas and effects will help start a new way of thinking with such types of magic.
How about the hook up, can we walk around with it without risks of breaking?
To a degree, depends on how careful you are really. I will say this, there is no anchoring, you don't need to set something up then do it and then unhook it before you can move. Once you set it up its set up to do all 4 of the effects. You again have to remember the limitations of your 'gimmick'. It's hard to describe with out giving it away - apologies

No Joseph there are NO clothing requirements. If you're daring you can do it shirtless. Again IF you're daring.

I say this because I personally do not have the physique to take my shirt off and do it shirtless. I don't want that kind of surprise when I perform
[quote]On Sep 28, 2014, magicinsight wrote:
Can you be set-up ahead of time and do other effects before doing Si-Fi? If there something breaks, can you have more than one set-up in place as a back-up?
Thank you.
Michael
New York [/quote]

You can be set up ahead of time absolutely. As for setting up more than one, I'm sure you can just have to try to manage the setups on your person
I saw a live performance of Si-fi in Magi-Fest 2014, let me tell you that it looks really GOOD!!! I have the DVD and let me tell you that Xiang Liu is a very smart magician, he created a piece of REAL MAGIC!!

All the routines on the DVD are great! but my favorite ones are "Super Conductor" and "I Do". In my last performance I tried "Super Conductor" and "I do", now I will use this in every performance!

If you like GOOD magic, this DVD is for you! and it's only $30!!!

5/5

Jorge Betancourt

P.S. You are going to come up with a lot of ideas using the same concept of Si-Fi
I was able to see this performed last year at magifest on the sidelines and had to stop to watch. lucky for me I know xavier so I have been able to chat with him about this and learn a couple of the effects on the dvd. There are tons of great moves on the dvd and I really do enjoy the set up as it is super simple and killer. I just got a new ring and I cannot wait to try this out!
[quote]On Sep 28, 2014, chriswiehl wrote:
I was able to see this performed last year at magifest on the sidelines and had to stop to watch. lucky for me I know xavier so I have been able to chat with him about this and learn a couple of the effects on the dvd. There are tons of great moves on the dvd and I really do enjoy the set up as it is super simple and killer. I just got a new ring and I cannot wait to try this out! [/quote]

Not only is Chris a good friend but the music during the demos on the DVD was made by Chris Wiehl himself!!
I am very impressed with how this looks. The ring is in your total control, but it looks like you have no control over it.
Very Magical appearance.
The instructions a complete and the video is exceptional.
The gimmick and handling look like real magic.
Looking forward to working with Si-Fi

C. James Smith
I'm normally not a Levitation guy, because simply it's not practical for me, and the routines don't even intrigue me.

For Si-Fi, it changed me. For the first time ever in my magic career, I wanted to start doing floating ring routines, and this is PRACTICAL.

I can't wait to receive my copy.
All Pre-Orders have shipped out and any new orders will ship as they come, 24 hour turnaround
How complicated is the hook up please? If we say using l**ps is a one...
[quote]On Sep 29, 2014, IAIN wrote:
How complicated is the hook up please? If we say using l**ps is a one... [/quote]

I do not exaggerate when I say if you can extend your finger you can do this. Its SUPER simple.
We have just announced a contest with prizes including an iPhone 6, Si-Fi project and others. Please check it out at http://thedailydeception.com/2014/09/tdd-iphone-6-giveaway/
I have been using this recently, both the hook up and the technique. What I like about it is that you can carry it easily, set it up easily, and it is always there.

I know some magicians will worry about small things like "it" (ha! it...get it?) breaking or whatever other thing. Look, I carried a dental floss thing with "it" and set it up on the bathroom in less than 30 seconds and then went out to do walk-around last weekend. Can you really say that about any other IT system? @#$@#$ no! Because I use IT systems and none of them you can set up in 30 seconds!

Look, it's a simple thing. It really is. The hook up thing that is. The technique to hook to the ring is cool, and I use it too. But this simple idea behind the use of IT is great. Again, simple, but if you are smart you know simple isn't easy to think of....I use didn't think of this before!
We have a 25% off sale till Wed on the site just use the coupon code 1kthanks at the check out. www.tddmag.com
Thanks Xavior, shipping went from 27 dollar to 13 thanks to the coupon. Made me take the shot! :)
[quote]On Oct 5, 2014, Magic Piet wrote:
Thanks Xavior, shipping went from 27 dollar to 13 thanks to the coupon. Made me take the shot! :) [/quote]

Thank all of you. It will be shipping tomorrow.
If you have already received your copy of Si-Fi Project please post a review here or on www.tddmag.com under the product. Also we are doing an iPhone give away watch the video on the site for details
Ordered mine and got the shipping confirmation today, can't wait to check this first big release of your guys'. Looks quality.
Just got it in the mail yesterday and I was finally able to sit down and watch it. The setup/hookup for Si-Fi is easy enough and the handling for all the effects taught are for the most part, variations from one another. Aside from the DVD, you also get a small envelope with wax and some IT. Liu's instruction is short and to the point, which is what I like. All in all, I think that this was a great purchase.
I think the creator should be congratulated for:
having a very simple set-up for all environments
consistency in that set-up too which is always good
though the handlings will take a little time, are within everyone's grasp with some effort
very well thought out and well shot too

so thank you for releasing this - as a non IT person, but has always wanted to learn something for my own personal magic education, this is excellent...
I really appreciate the awesome feedback. We put a lot of work into every project we do.
Now that some of you have the dvd I think you should pop it into a computer dvd drive for a special free gift =0)
Open the dvd like you would a folder.
Yeah, I noticed that the other day!
I want to congratulate sifi project making the top 5 purchases this week on penguin :)
Wait, a special free gift?

I received my parcel a couple of days ago. First time handling the gimmick, still need some time to work it through. The consistency in setup is indeed good.

Cheers,
M
I haven't posted here for a while and it took something special to bring me out of hiding but all I can say about this is WOW WOW WOW, for this set of levis is the new standard on floating ring work.

It's one of those simple ideas for a hook up that should be so obvious yet no one has used it before (that I am aware of) and is pure genius in my eyes for its simplicity, manageability, practicality and usefulness. I'm sure there will be many other applications to come from this idea.

Each of the levis themselves have a unique wrinkle to offer and best of all are genuine workers. This system could be used reliably and repeatedly in a strolling gig with very little hassles. My favourite one is the animation where the ring jumps off your hand on to a finger because I like the subtle approach with this MO.

Very very nice indeed and one of the best releases of it's kind that I have seen in many years. Almost a shame it's out there, the material is that good.

Cheers
Al
I have this and it is creative, but seems impractical to me. There is no direction on how to "get into" the hook up. If someone can enlighten me on how to get into this hook-up, I would appreciate a comment here or via PM.
John
Seriously? watch the dvd...watch it properly, and in order, and with the same props to hand as you see in the dvd...nothing difficult about it...
[quote]On Oct 15, 2014, kenodad wrote:
I have this and it is creative, but seems impractical to me. There is no direction on how to "get into" the hook up. If someone can enlighten me on how to get into this hook-up, I would appreciate a comment here or via PM.
John [/quote]

After the section on how to set everything up before each effect he repeats how to get into the hookup. I made sure of it.
This is REALLY good. The hook up is very clever and super easy & quick to get into. It also allows you great control over the ring and you can get unhooked naturally and immediately. I'm looking forward to practicing this and begin working it.
I'm really intresting on this... but I have some questions... how about clothing requirtment... Do we have to wear jacket or blazer to do this hookup ? Or we can set up the hook up with just wear T-shirt ? Please answer my question...

Thanks in advance
You can be naked
[quote]On Oct 22, 2014, Blindside785 wrote:
You can be naked [/quote]
Thank you very much Blindside... Now I'm just pushing the purchase button...
[quote]On Oct 22, 2014, DigaMag wrote:
Thank you very much Blindside... Now I'm just pushing the purchase button... [/quote]
If you're going to do it naked it might help to have some chest hair. =0P
[quote]On Oct 22, 2014, XaviorSpade wrote:
[quote]On Oct 22, 2014, DigaMag wrote:
Thank you very much Blindside... Now I'm just pushing the purchase button... [/quote]
If you're going to do it naked it might help to have some chest hair. =0P [/quote]
I allready have it... :D
I just bought Si fi project from my local magic dealer... and should be arrive at my home this friday... can't wait for it...
Xiang: You were at Magic-Fest in Ohio, right? This was the thing you were showing me at the table?

Guys: This looks just as good in person. Can vouch for this one.
[quote]On Oct 22, 2014, ricklaxmagic wrote:
Xiang: You were at Magic-Fest in Ohio, right? This was the thing you were showing me at the table?

Guys: This looks just as good in person. Can vouch for this one. [/quote]

Yea man he was at Magi-Fest. And thanks for the support man I'm glad you liked it. PM me I have something for you.
For me, this is a big Yes, I like it ! :)
Posting to agree with the consensus that this is a really beautiful piece of magic. The hook up is very attainable and this is something
that I can see myself performing for the rest of my life. Thanks to Liu and Xavior for the work put into this project and for sharing it with
the rest of us.
I have gone from Leclair, to Spider to now my most common. Trinity EBs how versatile and fragile is this hook up? Once its on, its one?
Http://lostartmagic.com/collections/newest-items/products/si-fi-project
it is currently on sale if you are waiting to jump or on the fence. Grab it quick. :-)
Yeah I saw that. Didint read if I need to already have ..... or is that provided? Disregard just read it. might have to jump
Thanks Poof for the link. I decided to order this to check it out. I don't use much IT other than loops but am always fascinated by it. I also got KAZE by Jeremiah Zuo- I really like the looks of the crazy spin change. I post my thoughts after I watch it.

RNK
Let me point out why I love this so much:
- setup takes seconds and once you're setup, you are good to go for the whole evening. It does not interfere and when you need it, it's right there. You hook up in front of them.
- In case of breakage or tangleing, I just go the another room (where my 'operating base' is to reset some things where I'm alone) and take a new setup. Back ready in no time.
- no sticky stuff on the object you are floating
- easy to do, so no stress about breaking the thread
- borrowing a ring is no problem at all

I know there are many hook-ups and reels etc., but this secret is so good and simple, I don't want those other anymore. If you are new with floating stuff or a pro , you need to buy this. :)
[quote]On Jul 9, 2015, Magic Piet wrote:
Let me point out why I love this so much:
- setup takes seconds and once you're setup, you are good to go for the whole evening. It does not interfere and when you need it, it's right there. You hook up in front of them.
- In case of breakage or tangleing, I just go the another room (where my 'operating base' is to reset some things where I'm alone) and take a new setup. Back ready in no time.
- no sticky stuff on the object you are floating
- easy to do, so no stress about breaking the thread
- borrowing a ring is no problem at all

I know there are many hook-ups and reels etc., but this secret is so good and simple, I don't want those other anymore. If you are new with floating stuff or a pro , you need to buy this. :) [/quote]

I will agree. I don't do much IT work, I would love to but I never have good luck with IT. Though, I did really enjoy this DVD and set-up. Made things a little easier for me. I would say this is one of my favorites as far as the points mentioned above.

RNK
Some weeks ago I saw the trailer, and really blow my mind. I just bought this dvd. And the only thing that I can say is... ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!
I know some systems and hook up of some effects, but I did not practice thing with IT, until now. The set up is incredibly simple, and the levitations are so clever. The sleights are not difficult. You can perform with a borrow ring, and also start and finish totally clean. And the best, is the same set up for all the levitations.
A low prize, for the high value of the secret.

Xiang Liu really does a very good job on this. AWESOME job! 10/10
It also uses no reel so when the thread breakes, I just take another premade hook-up. I always have like 4 premade ones when I'm going to a gig.
How do you all keep the gimmick? These kind of things usually get tangled very easily and is better to keep it "stretch out" (I'm not sure if this is the word). Always happen to me that when it's mixed up or tangled I have to put in the bin because is so difficult to fix it...
I'd like to know that as well. It's a beautiful effect and I believe there are ways to make it more 'practical'..
Can the hookup be done with an ITR?

Thanks
Sleepy
I don't think it would be doable, at least not in a practical way.
[quote]On Mar 23, 2018, Olivier7 wrote:
I don't think it would be doable, at least not in a practical way. [/quote]

Sorry I didn't mention another part... considering it was the venom ITR which can be placed in a jeans pocket.

Thanks for the help.

Sleepy
Thzn peobably not as the IT is coming from above your hands not from underneath
[quote]On Mar 23, 2018, Olivier7 wrote:
Thzn peobably not as the IT is coming from above your hands not from underneath [/quote]

Alright thanks for the help!

Sleepy
[quote]On Sep 28, 2014, XaviorSpade wrote:

No Joseph there are NO clothing requirements. If you're daring you can do it shirtless. Again IF you're daring.

I say this because I personally do not have the physique to take my shirt off and do it shirtless. I don't want that kind of surprise when I perform [/quote]

What about in the nude?