(Close Window)
Topic: Any Dice
Anyone know if this app is going to be updated to work on iOS 8? Currently none of the bonus apps are useable on iOS 8. The calculator inverts the colours on the toolbar at the top of the screen. Also the calculator notification per operation option doesn't work. For the notes as soon as the screen is locked the any dice notification pops up in the middle of the lock screen with no delay at all and never goes to the pebble.

As I only got it for the bonus effects this is currently useless for me until these issues are fixed.

Mark
We should ask Alan Rorrison, he is also a member here. Jan
I use 5s with iOS 8.0.2. Anydice bonuses work perfectly. I mean perfectly..
[quote]On Sep 30, 2014, daniltan wrote:
I use 5s with iOS 8.0.2. Anydice bonuses work perfectly. I mean perfectly.. [/quote]
That's great for you but doesn't help me at all. I'm on a 5s and the calculator does not display correctly. Notes doesn't work either but I'm not too bothered about that. I'd be interested to see a screen shot of your any dice calculator. Last time I reported a bug on an app somebody posted that his worked perfectly but when he posted a screen shot his was actually far from perfect and his screen shot led to the bug getting fixed.

I will try reinstalling the app, then will contact Alan.

Mark
Hi Mark,

I'm the developer behind Any Dice. Sorry to hear you're having issues with it, due to a wonderfully timed house move I've not had chance to get everything tested and subsequently bug fixed for iOS 8. I should be in a position to start digging in the next couple of days and will get an update on to the App Store as soon as I possibly can.

For the notes and calculator notifications to work correctly with a pebble, set the Notification alert style to banner, show on lock screen off, and Show in notification centre on. Also make sure your pebble is working with other notifications on the phone, as all Any Dice does is posts it to your notification centre. The OS handles the rest (including sending it to the pebble).

Apart from the system status bar being the incorrect colour, are there currently any other issues with the layout of the Calendar? (I'm still running iOS 7 and my Mac is packed away ready for my move!)

Thanks

Will
The only two problems with the calculator are the status bar and the per operation notification doesn't work. The other calculator notifications work.

Mark
Message: Posted by: GordonTheHypnotist (Oct 1, 2014 03:49AM)
This is not a glitch as much as it is a feature I would love to see for a future update.

I would like to have an "open in" checkbox feature. For example if we want the app to Open In Notes when the home screen icon is pressed we check that box.

Yes I know we can open the app and click on notes or calculator then exit the app. Well I have found that if your phone goes to sleep or if you bring up the lock screen the app automatically defaults back to opening at Any Dice.

I have jail broken my phone and changed the Any Dice icon into a Notes Icon. So I would love to be able to have some insurance that when I handed a spec my phone and they hit the "notes" icon they would actually be opening the fake "notes app. Wouldn't that be awesome?!?!?."
That would be awesome!

While we're on the topic of wish list features I'd love to see a way to copy or transport notes from the real notes to any dice. A "profile" of some sort. Or multiple profiles. Id love to trade profiles with other any dice users. Not to mention it's an easy way to back up if you lose your phone or what not (because real notes are backed up to the cloud).

I probably use this app more than any other at this point - just the bonus notes feature.
All taken on board and lets see if we cant get them implemented for you... ps it should work with ios8 up to 8.1.2 jsut now
If you didn't hear the thud of me smacking myself on the noggin you must have had headphones on. Why buy an app and not explore all the potential it has? Yep, that's exactly what I did with Any Dice (which I really liked how it worked with my Pebble before I discovered that something special that it does). And a whole world of possibilities has opened up. Oorah!
So now (at some point in my act) I can ask someone if they have an iPhone. If they say "No, I open notes in Any Dice and give them my phone (---------> any kind of reveal). If they say yes, I say "Great. Here's my phone. I'm going to have you open it." Either way it leads to some strong mentalism. IMHO
[quote]On Dec 17, 2014, jaizon wrote:
So now (at some point in my act) I can ask someone if they have an iPhone. If they say "No, I open notes in Any Dice and give them my phone (---------> any kind of reveal). If they say yes, I say "Great. Here's my iPhone. I'm going to have you open it." Either way it leads to some strong mentalism. IMHO [/quote]
I hope that you discovered the calculator too... a thing of beauty... Jan
Thanks, Jan. Yes, I did "discover" the calculator, but my head is still swimming from that other "discovery". Any Dice bonus features plus Pebble = Wow! IMHO :)
[quote]On Dec 19, 2014, jaizon wrote:
Thanks, Jan. Yes, I did "discover" the calculator, but my head is still swimming from that other "discovery". Any Dice bonus features plus Pebble = Wow! IMHO :) [/quote]

I bought the pebble for this app when it first came out, and have not regretted it at all. The bonus section makes this combo a modern utility imp:). No ink, and no paper for the environmentally conscious!
I've never used anything but the bonus feature. It's how I perform IS and a few other things. Totally fits into my character to say I'm studying numerology and I keep notes on what means what.
Just got this and was kinda hoping I could have the vibration alert, just comes up on the screen so could get caught peeping ,i am not very good with written instruction,seem's it would be better with the watch ,i only have an iphone 4s,oh well £22.00 quid down the drain doh.
Just a thought would a vibrating bluetooth headset be anygood to use with this app? could just be placed in one's pocket,anyone know? please.
[quote]On Dec 20, 2014, Fire Starter wrote:
Just got this and was kinda hoping I could have the vibration alert, just comes up on the screen so could get caught peeping ,i am not very good with written instruction,seem's it would be better with the watch ,i only have an iphone 4s,oh well £22.00 quid down the drain doh. [/quote]

Fire Starter, I use a 4s with the pebble and Anydice - works great:) The pebble is a great buy, and there are other apps that can work with it as well.
Cheers Adeofspades,i may have a look for a second hand pebble to day for chrimbo treat to me self.
I got one for £70.00,love it.
Oh I wish the instructions were more clear,so frustrating,the note application is ment to do what exactly? lol, the dice amount and the calculator work and so does the thumper for the pebble,but I would love it if I can see what the spectator has written in note on the pebble?.
The instructions are very clear :

Notes has been designed to precisely mimic the built in Notes App in iOS 7 and behaves exactly as such, although there is one distinct difference: If you press the Sleep button to lock the phone when you are viewing (or editing) a full note, Any Dice will post the note in a notification. If the phone is locked while the list of notes is showing there will be no notification, it must be locked when viewing the full note. 
-This effect ignores the Notification Options settings.

It also vibrates if you want it to..
It's all good Alan and thankyou very much for staying in contact with me ,all the best.
Can anyone help me with this app,i can not seem to get the vibration and see the info on my pebble but it has sent it when I look in notification
This is an issue with an outdated iOS.... Go into Bluetooth and you will see 2 pebbles listed in there. Make sure both are conrcted. Finaly, have a good read at the instructions as they tell you exactly what todo to get any tinpot notification you want. Vib or visual.

Hope this helps
Cheers Alan, yay I got Any Dice working again.
Any word on an iOS 8 update?
Ive jsut answered this. It works just fine on ios8 and it looks perfect for it. The only thing that may sway that is if your on a 6 or 6 plus. In those it may scale it slightly to fit. ive never had any one notice but we will work on the scaling for the next update. however it does work absolutly fine and looks close to perfect just now
Anyone having trouble with iOS 10 notifications to pebble?
Yes, it doesn't work at all with iOS 10 as already no notifications arrive in the Notification Center at all. I contacted Alan already twice in recent months, and at least I got once one answer months ago. Apart that, nothing has happened so far. Jan
Wow that is unfortunate. Thanks Jan.
I just found out that Alan has sent recently an update to Apple and is waiting for approval. So, then it should work again with iOS 10. Jan
I can't wait it

Thanks
Please, when an update with iOS 10?
Still nothing on an update for ios 10?
It is one of the best, especilly with a Pebble!
I haven't had any luck reaching out to Alan, who I'm sure is very busy...
Jan, any updates on your end?
Hi, no, unfortunately no. Alan is really very busy, but I am sure it will come. I (at least) leave him the time he needs. But I agree of course, it would be nice to have a working update soon... :) Jan
Well I'm with everyone that has been told about an update. Alan is busy. But by no means does that mean that the people who purchased any dice shouldn't be at minimum kept updated with what's going on. Even a simple email would have been better than what I've gotten. Alan told me that he sent in an update to apple. That was July of 2016.. And then heard that an update was sent in December on here. I have since spoken to Alan about any dice this year, June 1st. Got pretty much the same information that I got in July of last year. But I'm starting to think that the update may not happen. For what could be various reasons. It's been a year that I've first heard about this update. But have not seen any results nor have I gotten a volunteer update or any notification on the status. Any dice was one of my primary effects, and I can say that it is on my top 3 best apps/tools . I'd like to see the update soon. Any dice has massive potential. I just hope to be able to use it again.
I'm in the same boat my friend. If I had to guess, I'd say the update is not going to happen. Apples policies have changed and apps like this aren't allowed anymore.

It'd be nice of him to confirm but I think he'd rather just say what he knows, which is that he "did his part". Just a guess.
Working on two years now Alan. Lmfao. I get that you have a family now. Most of us do. But after almost two years for me waiting, I think Iíve finally given up on this product. Youíve literally given us the run around for a very long time. I would have rather you been upfront and said that itís not going to happen. Unfortunately that seems like something you donít do very often my friend. So for my final choice of words for this thread, I will never purchase anything you release from here on out. Itís definitely not the first time you and I have had a difference of views. I have absolutely no issue spending my money elsewhere. You are officially on my list of people I will not purchase from. Congrats, you made the list buddy. 😂