(Close Window)
Topic: TED KARMILOVICH PENGUIN LIVE
Hey guys,

Seems like Ted K. will do a Penguin live on November 2nd.

I seriously cannot wait, as I have used some of his material in the past and it is brilliant.

I wonder what he will teach?

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
Awesome news! Ted K is brilliant! Really looking forward to this lecture. Thanks BMWGuy for the heads up.
That's exciting!
M O A P L = Mother of all Penguin Lectures!
Wonderful news!
I am ashamed to admit, I have No idea who he is.

Can anyone fill me in?:)
He is one of the all-time greatest thinkers in the field of mentalism. Fantastic news. I can't wait!
Time to put this one in my diary, can't wait !
Exciting !!
I can't wait.
Daniel:

Ted is best known for his book test, "The Mother Of All Book Tests."

George
Yes, yes, yes !
It's good news :)
WOW.
One of my favourite creators ever!

I am soooo lucking forward to this one :D x
This will be my first penguin lecture.
Hey guys,

On Sunday, Ted K, one of my favorite creators of all time, is coming to Penguin Live

What will he teach?

Ted will showcase effects for close-up, stage, and walk-around including:

PSYCHIC 'SNAPS'!
A psychic version of an effect made popular by Caribbean bartenders where a celebrity name freely chosen by a spectator is transmitted to another person. A secret kept underground for more than a decade.

VOICE PRINT PLUS!
A handling of Ned Rutledge's Voice Print that shows that the performer knows much more than a simple name a spectator is thinking of.

2 BOWL Q&A
The perfect Q&A for any-size group requiring absolutely NO pre-show.

DIME & PENNY
A group of spectators try their hand at intuition with the performer showing he knew all along what the outcome would be.

BLOCKS
Three children choose blocks and concentrate on an image on them. The performer perceives their thoughts.

IMPOSSIBLE PRINCESS
A normal deck is shuffled and distributed to 3 people who each think of a card. The deck is left with the audience as the performer tells each person the card they have in mind.

A deck, which has been in full-view, is shown to be a reflection of a person's personality when they are asked to simply name any card.

I simply cannot wait.

If you are a mentalist, this is a no brainer.

Alex Alejandro
I have seen ted perform psychic snaps. This will be worth it for that alone!

Mindblowingly,
Charles
Can't wait, this sounds great, roll on November :)
Hi! So do I just go to the 'my penguin' page to see this? never done a live lecture before. I've paid for it.
Any reviews about the lecture. Was it the Mother.
[quote]On Nov 2, 2014, VIEW wrote:
Hi! So do I just go to the 'my penguin' page to see this? never done a live lecture before. I've paid for it. [/quote]
It's not actually available for download yet. I've been looking forward to this and with luck it won't be long now.

When it is ready, you should get an email from Penguin. Then you go to "View Account", then "My Downloads" and you should see it.
I did not see the entire lecture but from what I saw it was excellent. The effects taught were very strong and yet technically very simple to perform. He is a good teacher with a very pleasant personality. If you are looking for some strong material to add to your repertoire as well as good sound advice you can't go wrong with this lecture.
O M G !!!
Impossible Princess was a great effect.
Still not online ?

Thanks
[quote]On Nov 3, 2014, overflow wrote:
Still not online ?
[/quote]
No, not yet. It seems to be quite random with these. Sometimes they're up within just a few short hours, while others it's much longer. Doesn't seem to make any difference if the lectures are extra long or not.

I personally think that sometimes they start processing the files straight after the lecture, while others they leave it until the next morning.
Perhaps we should all bombard Penguin's customer service. It would soon appear, lol.
[quote]On Nov 3, 2014, Adam Paul wrote:
Perhaps we should all bombard Penguin's customer service. It would soon appear, lol. [/quote]
I've already contacted them. They just said it will be up sometime today.

I imagine that Acar will be following this thread and may respond and let us know what is happening?
As much as I love Penguin, this is one area where I wish it could be more consistent. Their page still says "Immediate Download" when you buy a lecture. It should not say that UNTIL it is ready for immediate download. I wish they could find a way to expedite doing whatever they have to do to get these online much faster than they do. It's just a small gripe. Penguin has always been great to do business with.
I helped bombard, they said probably within an hour.
Come on Penguin, chomping at the bit here!! ;)
Sorry for the delay, guys! We experienced an upload issue and are are fixing it right now.

We're also working on a better and quicker way to upload the lectures in the future which will should minimize the wait time.

We've received such great support from all of you on our Penguin Live series and we REALLY hate to disappoint in any way. Rest assured, this is a priority on our end and the file will be available very soon.
Message: Posted by: Szymon Krzysztoszek (Nov 3, 2014 05:21PM)
Do you mean it will be available in 10 minutes or I should go sleep?
Sorry, Szymon. The problem today was that the video file had some corrupt bits and was causing our video processing server trouble. With our team in London right now, I'm re-encoding it and it should be up soon, around mid-night.

I hate cutting it so close to our "under 24 hours" goal, but on the bright side, I think we may just make it!

The lecture was fantastic and I hope you walk away feeling it was worth the extra wait. Thank you all so much for your patience and support.
[quote]On Nov 3, 2014, Acar wrote:
Sorry, Szymon. The problem today was that the video file had some corrupt bits and was causing our video processing server trouble. With our team in London right now, I'm re-encoding it and it should be up soon, around mid-night.

I hate cutting it so close to our "under 24 hours" goal, but on the bright side, I think we may just make it!

The lecture was fantastic and I hope you walk away feeling it was worth the extra wait. Thank you all so much for your patience and support. [/quote]

On the bright side it's definitely worth the wait. Great job by Penguine giving us acces to such a great lecture.
Would have been nice to know this earlier, Acar.

When there's issues in future, please don't leave your customers in the dark. Some of us in Europe have been waiting up to watch this - its now midnight. We'd have done things differently if we'd have known this.

This is not the first time this has happened and it doesn't help when all your team say is, it will be up today.

As someone said earlier on this thread, its the inconsistency that baffle us. Sometimes its ready just a few hours after the lecture, yet others its closer to 24 hours. Why the big difference?
Adam, I'm so sorry to keep you or anyone else up waiting for us. That's the last thing I want.

Our goal is always to get it up within 24 hours. And while it will be, I'm sorry for the lack of faster answers. A version of it will be up within a few minutes here, with a higher quality one up in a couple more hours.

Why is it inconsistent?

It's *usually* one of 2 reasons.

1. It was so long that the file needs to be re-compressed because it exceeded file upload sizes.
2. There was a couple bad bits in the file and it needs to be re-processed.

But today's delay was an even more unlikely thing. It started with #2 (reprocessing necessary), but since our entire studio team was in London or on planes (preparing for our series of lectures this week) our response times were slower. Again, I'm really sorry you stayed up waiting, and I'm working as fast as I can.

Thank you again for all your support.

Posted: Nov 3, 2014 07:36 pm The lecture is now available for download.

To get it up as quickly as possible, I did 2 versions. The one up there now is slightly lower quality, and a higher quality one is going up in about 1 hour.

Thanks again for all your patience, everyone!
Acar, thank you! Being able to watch so many great mentalism lectures is a real treat. It's appreciated more than you know.
Mr. Mindbender, thank you for that. We're trying to set the bar higher every day. We really listen to all the feedback, good or bad every time.

Thank you all again.

PS: The high-quality version is now available for download.
I agree. Penguin rocks, thank you for making these great lectures available to us all. Much appreciated!
Acar, I absolutely love Penguin. The lectures are wonderful. Ted Karmilovich was especially wonderful :)

But in general, Penguin has phenomenal customer service, and is always my first choice when looking for mentalism and magic books, DVDs and related items. You team is the best.

Nov 3, 2014 10:48 pm One of the best parts of Mr. Karmilovich's lecture were the insights he shared about his approach to doing Q&A. First he demonstrated one approach to Q&A (Two Bowl Q&A), then taught how he does it, and finally offered thinking about how his approach has evolved over the years and some of the key aspects of how it performs it today. A few of the subtleties were absolute gold.

Another highlight was how he thinks about clients and how he wants to make them feel. Clearly he puts a great deal of thought and effort into what he says and does in order to make the client feel good. Obviously I won't share any specific details. Watch the lecture!
Stayed up for the download, and so happy I did.......... nearly four thirty in the morning here and just finished watching it.

GREAT LECTURE!!!
[quote]On Nov 3, 2014, Adam Paul wrote:
Would have been nice to know this earlier, Acar.

When there's issues in future, please don't leave your customers in the dark. Some of us in Europe have been waiting up to watch this - its now midnight. We'd have done things differently if we'd have known this.

This is not the first time this has happened and it doesn't help when all your team say is, it will be up today.

As someone said earlier on this thread, its the inconsistency that baffle us. Sometimes its ready just a few hours after the lecture, yet others its closer to 24 hours. Why the big difference? [/quote]

What a cry baby! :bawl: Grow up Adam. deal with it man!!! Penguin is providing a great service. Sometimes there are glitches.

MM
There was a time when you had to travel across state lines for a lecture, I'd say we have it pretty good :)
Only an idea, but if you trimmed each lecture into chapters (as the person moves from one item to the next) you would have separate chapters to watch, upload and it would be generally faster and quicker to upload, as well as letting us watch individual sections without having to skim through the entire thing...
[quote]On Nov 4, 2014, IAIN wrote:
Only an idea, but if you trimmed each lecture into chapters (as the person moves from one item to the next) you would have separate chapters to watch, upload and it would be generally faster and quicker to upload, as well as letting us watch individual sections without having to skim through the entire thing... [/quote]

This is a very good idea!
Only an idea, but if you trimmed each lecture into chapters (as the person moves from one item to the next) you would have separate chapters to watch, upload and it would be generally faster and quicker to upload, as well as letting us watch individual sections without having to skim through the entire thing... [/quote]
It's got my vote!

No thanks. One file is much easier to deal with and download and keep track of and watch. And uploading ten 20 minute files compared to one 200 minute file isn't necessarily a time saver (unless you're splitting the upload between computers). Not only that but many of the lectures don't easily fall into a straightforward effect/explanation set-up, a lot of the time they're going back and forth, things are overlapping. A time-coded set-list, once the lecture is complete, would be a much better option for finding what you need as opposed to breaking things up into 20+ files.

The solution is, of course, for Penguin to smooth out any uploading issues on their end, but 9 times out of 10 it goes off without a hitch. But the problem is even more easily solved when we realize it's not a problem and people stop peeing their pants because they had to wait a little longer than usual for a magic lecture to upload. All the lectures state they'll be up "within 24 hours of the end of the lecture," which this one was. So, there's really no issue here.
I am not that much into mentalism, but I've got A LOT of use out of this lecture.

Bad idea. That would cause more delays and such. Perhaps they could write out a list where each effect and explanation is and then each person could just scrub to that specific routine. I like the current format Prnguin does.
Ted did a great job, but it always amazes me that in a room full of entertainers how none of the audience when asking questions know how to use a microphone. This seems to be a flaw with nearly every Penguin lecture I've seen. You can never hear the audience's questions or answers while in a routine.

Get a mic there, and people - speak into the mic and project!
The lecture was, of course, fantastic. The Q and A section was easily worth the entrance fee. There were numerous tips and subtleties within it that will enhance any routine.

I was a big fan of Mr Karmilovich before. I'm an even bigger fan now.
[quote]On Nov 4, 2014, RobertMarsi wrote:

Bad idea. That would cause more delays and such. Perhaps they could write out a list where each effect and explanation is and then each person could just scrub to that specific routine. I like the current format Prnguin does. [/quote]

i'm sure Penguin are a progressive enough company to not have a single old laptop that they all share, and can only be used by one person...splitting the file down into chapters mean they upload quicker, multiple people can do them all at the same time...and if you wanted to burn them to a dvd, or indeed splice them all together into one clip - it would take you a couple of minutes to do...

anyway - sure they're not gonna listen to me, it was only an idea...

edit - I only suggested it, cos I tend to split the file up into sections once I've downloaded and make my own "best of" comps of the routines or discussions I want to focus on...
I know I may be old fashioned, but I quite like not having everything handed to me on a plate. And I know that in the old days I'd search through a VHS for something and end up watching something else entirely- a routine or subtlety I may otherwise have forgotten about. That's something I'd be much less likely to do using neatly chopped up files.
The annoyance of someone who didn't reset the VHS counter as you fwd to your favourite bit and wondering where it is...
[quote]On Nov 4, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
Ted did a great job, but it always amazes me that in a room full of entertainers how none of the audience when asking questions know how to use a microphone. This seems to be a flaw with nearly every Penguin lecture I've seen. You can never hear the audience's questions or answers while in a routine.

Get a mic there, and people - speak into the mic and project! [/quote]

I didn't get to watch this lecture but, I believe in the past some of the lecture hosts have simply repeated a question which is asked in the audience to ensure the question is heard by all (not just the attendees but, also the virtual attendees as well). This is something that either way should be easily resolved one way or another.

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 11:55 am Adam - please don't take this as a shot at you as that is not my intention.

As someone who has worked in the "Service Industry" for over 15 years, often times we have to simply accept that we can't please everyone. In my place of employment, over the last year I have personally helped over 500 families get services that can literally be life altering yet, it is the 1 squeaky wheel that is noticed when they don't receive what is to their expectation vs. what you as a provider has promised.

One of the things I have come to live by is "no expectations, no let downs". Sure there are certain things that we can control but, there are many more that we can't.
I think Penguin (Acar) are always good about listening to customer feedback. The couple of times I have had issues, and it has only been a couple, they have always addressed it right away without making me feel like the one who is wrong. Things happen. Mistakes happen. I can fully understand how and why a delay could occur due to technical difficulties such as getting this lecture online. And their team IS over in England prepping to bring us some serious heavy hitters as far as lectures go. Pretty exciting. As I said in an earlier post, I do wish they could find a way to expedite the process of getting these lectures online. But I am not a tech guy, so I do not know what they have to deal with on that end of things. But end of the day, if I have to wait 24 hours, or even 48 hours to get the lecture then so be it. I just wouldn't want to live in a world without Penguin lectures being a part of it. ;)

As far as Ted's lecture goes, Psychic Snaps alone is worth the ticket price. I have been using this with my own twist for quite a while. Frankly, I am surprised Ted let this one out of the bag, but we are all lucky that he did. I tweaked one aspect of it to make it even a bit more deceptive (In my mind anyway), but this is really great.
I definitely vote for a time coded set list of each lecture. Even if that means waiting a bit longer for the download.
Murphy's At The Table lecture series provide these and they are great.
So c'mon Acar, can't just rest on your laurels, you have to continue to add improvements and innovations.
Seriously, I love Penguin lectures and have been a long time subscriber but there is always room for improvement.
Another highlight of this lecture was Ted talking about how he works with multiple agents. From what I've heard, he is one of the busiest full-time mentalists in the US. So his thoughts on this topic were something I really paid attention to.
He only said one brief sentence about that, nothing really profound there. Isn't that all all of us work? I still have trouble dealing with the mic issue especially in a room full of performers. I just reviewed 5 lectures and the problem persisted in each of them.
Back in the day, A-1 multimedia had a way of searching through their vhs tapes so you always knew which effect you were on. They always had a small translucent icon in the lower corner of the screen at all times which would tell you what you were watching. I believe they used card symbols, such as AH (Ace of Hearts) etc. It made scanning through the tape very easy. Obviously it would be MUCH better today with a time index and set list. I think it is a step in the right direction.
I thoroughly loved the lecture, and to be honest, the mic issue didn't bother me one bit. Didn't really notice it.
This is not a critique of any individual's thoughts in this thread. I learned long ago that if somebody is frustrated, they're just frustrated. Nothing I can say will talk them out of an emotion.

From my perspective, it would be easy to forget how much online magic shops have progressed in such a short amount of time. I used to do a lot of business with an online magic store that was simply an email list of effects/books/dvd's, and I was happy to have access to it.

Now we have an organization like Penguin. What an evolution. What a service. I actually get to "attend" a lecture from time to time (and watch it multiple times). They have outstanding customer service from my standpoint. Personally, I will take mic issues and downloading issues any day because these are far outweighed by what they offer our community. Well, I guess I have no right to speak for the community of magicians/mentalists, but I can say that Penguin has been a blessing to me at least, glitches and all.
[quote]On Nov 4, 2014, videoman wrote:
I definitely vote for a time coded set list of each lecture. Even if that means waiting a bit longer for the download.
Murphy's At The Table lecture series provide these and they are great.
So c'mon Acar, can't just rest on your laurels, you have to continue to add improvements and innovations.
Seriously, I love Penguin lectures and have been a long time subscriber but there is always room for improvement. [/quote]

Ditto
Anyone know where to get the special sharpie he used?
MagicallyMe, if you cannot find the sharpie used, I know of another product that would achieve the desired result, but not as hands off looking.

I don't want to name the device here as its a searchable forum, but happy to discuss in a pm ;)

Rasp.
This lecture was great with so many useable ideas, I would've waited weeks to see this.

To the people complaining...

Acar and his team are AMAZING. Their customer service is great and many other businesses could learn from them.

If you're not happy that things are not ready exactly when you want them, watch this then go **** yourselves

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEY58fiSK8E
That's real decent of you. What yours is the only opinion that matters?
Any more reviews about the lecture ?
[quote]On Nov 5, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
That's real decent of you. What yours is the only opinion that matters? [/quote]

Of course 😉
Haha! For anyone that was there in the studio, did Ted ever explain about (why) the miss with Steve and the third block? Those that have the lecture know what I'm referring to.
I don't understand the complaints here. Penguin advertised that the lecture would be available within 24 hours, as they do with all of their lectures.

It was.
The complaints remind me of a great Louie CK routine -- everything is amazing and no one is happy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEY58fiSK8E
[quote]On Nov 5, 2014, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
The complaints remind me of a great Louie CK routine -- everything is amazing and no one is happy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEY58fiSK8E [/quote]

Sorry, beat you to it a few posts earlier!

Great minds think alike 😊
I don't have a problem with complaints per se, but why not start a separate thread in an appropriate forum? This thread is for reviews of Ted's lecture. I keep coming back to find out what people thought about that. This other topic will discourage people from discussing the posted topic. Thanks.
Hey Guys!
This may help a few of you.

00:00 2:10 Introduction by David McCreary
2:11 2:40 Short Introduction by Ted
2:41 7:24 Impossible Princess Performance:
7:25 19:02 Impossible Princess Explanation
19:03 24:18 Dime & Penny Performance
24:19 31:52 Dime & Penny Explanation
31:53 35:35 Voice Print Plus Performance
35:36 42:57 Voice Print Plus Explanation
42:58 45:33 17 Performance
45:34 50:43 17 Explanation
50:44 1:06:00 2 Bowl Q&A Performance
1:06:01 1:20:45 2 Bowl Q&A Explanation
1:20:46 1:23:36 Side Bar Comments on Props
1:23:37 1:25:54 Set up Story for Blocks Routines
1:25:55 1:29:28 Blocks Performance
1:29:29 1:33:05 Blocks Explanation
1:33:06 1:38:59 Bonus Trick: Beauty & Beast Explanation Only
1:39:00 1:43:31 Tips/Effects for Using Kids to help your show
1:43:32 1:44:18 Question on Beauty & Beast
1:44:19 1:48:17 Psychic “Snaps” Performance
1:48:18 1:58:23 Psychic “Snaps” Explanation
1:58:23 2:36:53 Interview
2:36:53 2:39:41 MOABT Performance Only

Ryan
I second mindpro's question. I don't recall him addressing that. Anyone?
Lol! I didn't see that!!
I just re watched and he he didn't cover it. He mentioned he would but I think he just forgot. But if you watch the performance again after watching the explanation it should make sense to you what happened. Hint: Watch Steve.

Ryan.
Yeah I watched him and his hand closely but still knowing what he was pulling from how he pulled shouldn't have been an issue.
[quote]On Nov 4, 2014, RSchlutz wrote:
Hey Guys!
This may help a few of you.

00:00 2:10 Introduction by David McCreary
2:11 2:40 Short Introduction by Ted
2:41 7:24 Impossible Princess Performance:
7:25 19:02 Impossible Princess Explanation
19:03 24:18 Dime & Penny Performance
24:19 31:52 Dime & Penny Explanation
31:53 35:35 Voice Print Plus Performance
35:36 42:57 Voice Print Plus Explanation
42:58 45:33 17 Performance
45:34 50:43 17 Explanation
50:44 1:06:00 2 Bowl Q&A Performance
1:06:01 1:20:45 2 Bowl Q&A Explanation
1:20:46 1:23:36 Side Bar Comments on Props
1:23:37 1:25:54 Set up Story for Blocks Routines
1:25:55 1:29:28 Blocks Performance
1:29:29 1:33:05 Blocks Explanation
1:33:06 1:38:59 Bonus Trick: Beauty & Beast Explanation Only
1:39:00 1:43:31 Tips/Effects for Using Kids to help your show
1:43:32 1:44:18 Question on Beauty & Beast
1:44:19 1:48:17 Psychic “Snaps” Performance
1:48:18 1:58:23 Psychic “Snaps” Explanation
1:58:23 2:36:53 Interview
2:36:53 2:39:41 MOABT Performance Only

Ryan [/quote]

Thank you, Ryan :)
[quote]On Nov 4, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I don't understand the complaints here. Penguin advertised that the lecture would be available within 24 hours, as they do with all of their lectures.

It was. [/quote]

Well said Dr. Bob! Nuff said.
Thanks, Ryan.

I, too, agree with videoman. It would be nice to have a time code with the contents.

It will make a great product even better.

Jim
Is the lecture finally available for the download ?

Thanks
Did you check your account?
I did not buy it yet. Just asking if it is available for the download, in the case I will buy it.

Thanks
Ah, I thought you might have had a weird account caching thing... its up there now...
I thought this was a fantastic lesson in clapping for yourself and forcing applause ;-)

All joking aside I really enjoyed this one!
I have to say out of everything, and it was all very good, Dime and Penny was one of my favorites, but my absolute favorite was Voice Print Plus. I had seen other presentations for this method, but the first kiss angle is really amazing. I do a lot of college type stuff, and I'm going to make one of those up and just keep it on me. With the right balance of good fun awkward/funny, that will play really big. I could also see in a night club setting running it a little more risque.
"Impossible princess" is pretty strong.
With a little bit of thought one can do the necessary set up in front of the audience while presenting an effect prior to this.
No need to go to the restroom for "impossible princess" :)

"psychic snaps" is just cool too!
Psychic snaps was really cool. I'd love to have a group of people that all knew that. No sure I could use it in a show, but man that would be fun at the bar lol.
Fantastic lesson ! I love psychic snaps
I thought the Block effect was superb. He kept saying toddlers, but he probably meant children a little older. It is very hard to get effects for young children and this definitely fits the bill.

And I think it could easily be adapted for adults with just a little different presentation and play quite strong.

Jim
The bag/sack Mr. Karmilovich explains opens up a lot of possibilities!
Don't know if this is really necessary but I would change "psychic snaps" just a tiny bit to make it even more deceptive.
Doesn't mean, that I figured it out the first time I saw it :)
Such as...?
Well, I'm not going explain it here :)
I have a question that's been bugging me about Impossible Princess-

What do the participating spectators experience? Are they fooled? Do they get an idea of what's going on?
Is this a kind of dual reality?

If anybody has experience with this in the real world, I'd like to hear from you. PM me if it gets too close to exposure.

Woodfield
[quote]On Nov 10, 2014, Woodfield wrote:

What do the participating spectators experience? Are they fooled? Do they get an idea of what's going on?

If anybody has experience with this in the real world, I'd like to hear from you. PM me if it gets too close to exposure.

Woodfield [/quote]

I have performed it and I can say the participants are ABSOLUTELY fooled. They have absolutely no idea.
Thanks!
Thanks! [/quote]

Sure thing!

You have to remember that they really don't know what to expect, so they aren't looking over the cards with a fine tooth comb.

Woodfield [/quote]
Yeah, and while I would not advise underestimating the audience, I think sometimes we tend to see things as performers, and not with the same eyes as the lay public.
I performed "Impossible Princess" four times this past weekend and each time it got great reactions... The participants jaws collectively fell to the floor in amazement. This effect alone was well worth the price of admission.
[quote]On Nov 10, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
Such as...? [/quote]

Came to think of it, I CAN tip it here :)

It uses the same principle as outlined in the lecture but instead of the first ****, I would use the the second ****.
It probably isn't necessary but that way you can do away with the first bit of the routine.

P. S. Don't even bother counting the asterisks :)
Wasn't impressed with his Q&A. It doesn't make much sense to collect papers in a paper bag, and than empty that bag into a clear bowl. It is more logical to collect the papers in the clear bowl in the first place.
[quote]On Feb 27, 2015, Seethings wrote:
Wasn't impressed with his Q&A. It doesn't make much sense to collect papers in a paper bag, and than empty that bag into a clear bowl. It is more logical to collect the papers in the clear bowl in the first place. [/quote]

Yes. More logical but easier to pass around a paper bag than a glass bowl. Don't want someone dropping a glass bowl and it breaking during your show.
Regarding the impossible princess. I like it, but had an odd experience the other day. I asked who has the club, one one lady DID butshedidntknow if she was supposed to say so out loud or not. The when I asked who had the heart,she put her hand up. I won't gothru what happened next, but I ended up with a 2 out of 3 outcome. Any suggested patter for avoiding this, or is this really unlikely to occur again. Seems like a good general question for Mentalism routines.

Anyone have a suggestion?
Say, does anyone knowing. Intact information for Ted, like an email address Ora website. I can't seem to find one for him.

Thanks,

Dan
Is phycic snaps more than just a code between two people ?
I just bought the penguin download - only watched the first part and the tree way card trick is just brilliant - looking forward to the rest of it tomorrow - too tired to watch the rest now - but very impressed after only watching the first trick