(Close Window)
Topic: The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key
I will attempt not to spoil any details here...however Haunted Key aficionados should well rejoice in this newly designed key offering.

I actually perform the haunted key.
I have purchased a fair number of "Haunted Keys”.
It has become a personal collection and I do love them all.
I look for proper keys at antique shops, it is a fun hobby.
I simply like keys.

Keys represent Magic to me.
Keys symbolize unlocking great secrets and they give peace of mind knowing those secrets are secure.
Keys solve the puzzle of the lock.
Keys are Key.

Haunted keys that are properly spirited to perform are readily available in a variety of sizes and design.
I have been in a close relationship for years with a Carlyle key to very much success but I admit I have dated many others large and small, always looking for the right fit.

The Resurrection Gate Key is splendid.
It turns easily and eerily slow and with little practice can end just as equally slow with no sudden flop-over that is common in many keys.
I love this aged key visually and it holds a complete reality as a real key and not at all a prop.

Yes, it is far more more expensive than the average Haunted Key but it comes complete with Professor B.C. routines which are for me invaluable.
I love the way this man thinks and makes magic relevant to the world today.

I am confident in handing out the key knowing that the rotation is not suspect.
Handling the key will only convince spectators that the rotation was impossible.

Those who regularly perform this effect should perhaps take a look at the Resurrection Gate Key.
I will have to have to check out, Resurrection Gate Key.I like you Eddie have quite a collection of old key's and Haunted one's that have come out on the market and I do love the stories which can be told to enhance the effect.
Where can we see, and read about, the key? Googling failed to turn it up.

George
Here you go...
http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/collections/profbc/products/the-resurrection-cemetery-gate-key
Pretty cool. is there video of this in action?
[quote]On Oct 19, 2014, steven-gibson wrote:
Pretty cool. is there video of this in action? [/quote]

Hopefully not...

Unless it is password protected...

And then, even still, hopefully not...
I read this site for quite awhile before registering. "It all begins and ends with the haunted key" fascinated me. I was praticing idlely in front of the TV when I managed the first no-flop rotation. It's kinda zen.
Wizard:

Thanks. I ordered one. Looks very promising.

George
I ordered one too, and I highly doubt we will be disappointed.
I too ordered mine, and am so far enjoying Proffesor B.C.'s routines. They are well thought out and inspired in today's world of magic and mysticism. Bravo Professor!
I received my Rez Key yesterday. In short, this is what I have always wanted in a Haunted Key.

I'm not a haunted key expert. I only have a couple. I have the Carlyle Mental Key, and I like it very much but, it doesn't "read" the way I would like it to beyond a few feet. Also, the aging process is fairly rusty and makes the coat a bit fragile -- a consideration when handing it over to spectators.

The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key is a key that reads all the way across the room as the gorgeous old key that it *is*. The aging is perfect, appropriate for many different story lines and hearty enough that it can freely be handed out with no fear of damage (flaking).

This key will not turn in your hand or your specs hand... unless you want it to. When it does, the movement is slow and precise.

As good as the key is the best part about it, as with all Prof BC's offerings, is (of course) the performance manual. There are a couple of routines here that left my jaw on the floor. There's one in particular that I am resolved to work until it becomes second nature.

This is a brilliantly crafted item, accompanied by a master course in usage.
Excellent review Perkins. Exactly what I was going to say. For me the big draw to this version is the turning in the spec's hands. A wonderful idea and perfectly crafted. Well Done BC!
I love the haunted key effect and I really like the look and size of this key.
Ordered one, can't wait to use it.
Just got a WOT warning on the Lebonon site. Is the site safe?
I think so :o
You make your payement through Paypal (wich is safe) and your order is processed via a background e-commerce software.
So yes, it must be safe !
I have bought many items from them, never had a problem.
As have I.
Recently purchased Cemetery Gate Key with no problem, and the key itself is up to Prof. BC's usual high standards.
I have purchased many items from Dan's site over the years, most recently the RCG. I have never experienced a problem.
The key I ordered has not yet come, but an email came with instructions for downloading the manual. The manual is in color, about 45 pages and, based on a half-hour perusal, appears to be outstanding.

Christmas comes early this year!

George
I'm interested in replacing my current haunted key (generic one from Magic store I aged myself) with this version. Only thing that's holding me back is the price. 90 GBP is $144 dollars which could buy me several other less expensive routines I've been eyeing (also from Lebenon and Outlaw). Would I be paying for the routines primarily or is the key that nicely made?
[quote]On Oct 24, 2014, topherhester wrote:
Would I be paying for the routines primarily or is the key that nicely made? [/quote]

Both!
The routines are that nicely made and the key is like no other ever designed.
The Professor has utilized science of all things. :)
I just read the PDF and waiting for the key but this is the one to get from what I can tell so far. A lot of science went into this it will be the only key you need,
Ordered mine.
Science... proposterous!
The science of the paranormal I meant ahem...
I guess I'll ask Dan directly, but since I don't want to spam him: I ordered the key on 20th, and its status is still "unfulfilled".
Are other people in the same case ?

Thanks !
I think Dan is overseas at the moment. Could explain it?
My Key came. I like it, maybe a lot.

The key is quite a bit lighter in weight than my other keys of comparable size; that is probably okay.

In my practicing so far, BC's computer-engineered key design is so very "flop resistant" that I have to shift my dominant hand somewhat downward to help the key to complete its rotation. The spectator can see one's fingers pointing somewhat downward, but this could add to the effect's effectiveness.

Nevertheless, if anyone has discovered how to complete the turn while keeping the hand level, please respond or PM me.

George
I have not received mine yet and yes I believe Dan is traveling. George I will PM you.
I think most of the keys that have landed so far are in the US. Probably sent out by Prof BC himself. I believe Dan is hoping to return from his visit stateside with some stock which he can then send out to European customers.
No. Otherwise I would have received my set by now. It's stil listed as "unfilled". My advice: don't guess what the suppliers are doing. They're reading this thread. Maybe they have the time to answer their customers questions...not a good start to buying from Lebanon for the 1st time... lack of something beyond an automated communication doesn't feel good.
Reese, Dan and Leb C have integrity, have always kept me informed, made up for any glitches by over-delivering in service and from what I have experienced from customers here. I believe Dan stated up front in a post here (or maybe it was noted by Prof BC) thT Dan had to be outtof counfry briefly, so activity would be delayed until his return to UK. Not excusing him, but just noting that I have hade exdellent service (betterthan a couple of other well known "spooky" suppliers frequently mentioned here), so just advising to shot a pm or email to Dan and don't make a premature judgment until trying to work out some communication with Dan. His creations are of the highest quality, with great value, so it would be worth summoning some patience....IMHO. :thanx: :goodluck:
All rite. Thanks for the positive note.
I echo what DocBenWiz said. Also, remember Dan is a one-man show, so to speak. When we support businesses like his, we are supporting folks who are craftspeople - not some big box store. Big Box Stores have customer service folks who are available extended hours every day...they also often sell wares that were made by individuals without soul, love, and care going into the work they do. Folks like Dan who are running these very small and very specialized businesses are making their livelihood by providing exceptional products and exceptional customer service, as a rule - not an exception. If people dig around (or hang around and read threads with any regularity), they will know that glitches will undoubtedly come up from time to time, but Dan does have a stellar reputation for taking care of his customers.

In this day and age of instant gratification becoming the expected norm, every once in a while we just need to remember we are dealing with people, just like us. Well, Dan may not be just like us. He's a deranged soul. I wish I was more like him. Striving...striving...

This is not intended to be finger shaking at anyone... I promise. Just a gentle reminder we're all human and we vote with where we put our hard-earned cash.

All the best,

David
It's not about salivating for "instant gratification". You're piling on. You want me to respond to your points when I was ready to give the issue a rest? O.K. I run a business. I always communicate personally with a buyer if there's a delay. I never leave a customer hanging. People appreciate "little" things like that. It makes a difference.
[quote]On Oct 27, 2014, reese wrote:
My advice: don't guess what the suppliers are doing.[/quote]
Thanks for the advice.

I know for a fact that Dan is travelling currently, that is why I chipped in. It wasn't a guess. I was only trying to help. No need to get snippy.
[quote]On Oct 26, 2014, reese wrote:
No ... My advice: don't guess what the suppliers are doing.[/quote]

No. My advice: learn some manners. People here are trying to help you.

I emailed Dan regarding delivery of my key, and received a reply from him on 23rd October. My post was based on the information he gave in that email regarding how delivery to the UK and Europe was being arranged, and the timescales involved.

I'm afraid I was trying to be helpful. I won't let it happen again.
My apologies Minty. I was rude. I'm glad you called me out on it. (Are you also posting as MatCult? If not, the doppelganger effect has me confused!)
Thanks Reese. I hope we both receive our keys in the next week or so.

No, I don't post on here as anything other than Minty. As for Doppelgänger - now there's a great Prof BC effect!
I can tell you from personal experience that Dan has gone overboard with customer service emailing me to ensure that my Abberline's Repository arrived safely, and also filmed a video detailing it's construction for me whist I was awaiting it' arrival. I have asked for advice, and he freely gave of his time to answer the question and offer suggestions as well. He might be a "dark" man, but a good and honest one. I have no problem ordering from Lebanon Circle sight unseen. I would ask to just give him your benefit of the doubt and allow him to show you himself his integrity in his products and services. Also remember that he is a one man operation and then look at how busy your life is, and that Halloween is a very busy time. And remember, a great product is well worth the wait for delivery.

PS: Just my two cents. Please give it the weight you feel it deserves and no more. Thanks.
Hi all

Just to confirm, yes I am away until Monday however, all UK/EU orders can't be shipped until the shipment arrives from the US. Thanks for all of the supportive comments and Reese, all you need to do is drop me an e-mail and I will reply.

The effect was only officially released on the 16th so patience please people.

Darkly

Dan
Enjoy your time Dan you deserve it.
Thanks! I don't go away very often, admittedly Halloween may not be the best time but when back next week life will return to normal (for me anyway) and orders will be flying out immediately....
So my key arrived today.

I have to say, I love the feel in my hand. The key turns on a dime, it worked every time without effort. I am sure it will turn no problem in a specs hand, nice and slow.
It looks beautiful when it turns, truly amazing, nice weight. The age is perfect. Haunted Inns or Cemetery Gate? It's nice to have two great keys now.
Additional note to Reese and others still waiting: Late delivery outside of the Americas is entirely my fault occasioned by some bumpy timing. I asked Dan to release the key in mid-October not realizing that he had a commitment to travel beginning only a day after the requested date. As such, I completed all of the keys and prepared to post Dan his supply when he wrote and asked me to hold that shipment to him as he would not be in the shop to receive it until November 3. he asked me to post it around October 28 to ensure he would be home to take delivery.

Unhappily, he didn't realize that I had a week-long contract from October 24 to November 2. As such, I was only able to ship Dan's supply to him on Monday, November 3. It usually takes 8 days for shipments to reach him, so we are looking at Nov. 11 (earliest) before Dan receives his stock and can begin fulfilling orders outside of the Americas.

My original thinking was that I would be able to fulfill all orders in the Americas before I had to leave on Oct. 24 (and I have done that, BTW) while Dan would receive his stock around that same time and begin fulfilling orders outside of the Americas with no delay perceived.

I apologize sincerely for the muddle. Had I only first ascertained that Dan would be unavailable for the full week before I became unavailable, I would have held release until this week when we would both be ready to fulfill orders rapidly.

The keys are all ready. The only delay is on account of my own bad timing, for which I again truly apologize. Please, I beg you, do not paint Dan's first-class service with the tar of my own poor timing.

nb: All orders from the Americas continue to be shipped immediately as I receive those orders from Dan.

Prof BC
Okay, thanks for the news ! :)
I'm sure people do not hold it against anyone that they went on vacation. They were just not aware. Auto reply on email may be a good working solution in the future?

Availability is always a problem with a one man business so to speak, I used to have the same problem. Everyone has a life and that's totally understandable.

People will be more than happy when they receive their keys. Just think when there was no email, internet, texting and voice mail. Ah...the good old days....
Am I the only one who is slightly puzzled by what Dan and the Professor write? These people claim to be able to read minds, to sense the supernatural, even be in touch with the deceased and their messages - yet they did not anticipate each other's unavailability?

This casts serious doubts on their powers...

:P
An Englishman and an American - two men separated by a common language
I guess the same reason we could not anticipate :)
Ha winks good one.
[quote]On Nov 6, 2014, theghostcompany wrote:
Am I the only one who is slightly puzzled by what Dan and the Professor write? These people claim to be able to read minds, to sense the supernatural, even be in touch with the deceased and their messages - yet they did not anticipate each other's unavailability?

This casts serious doubts on their powers...

:P [/quote]

Nonsense! Dan isn't dead, so I cannot contact him through my usual media, and I'm not interesting enough for Dan to mind read without nodding off.

Winks, we haven't any trouble understanding each other (far from it! I grew up in London)--reaching each other, however, is quite another story (see above).

Best,
BC
If I order this here in the States, will it ship from the States, or will it have to come across the pond?
All US, Canadian, Central and South American orders ship from my address in the USA and are shipping out immediately right now (another set of orders went into the post just this morning). [To Savannah, it would be coming to you straight down I-75 and across I-16.]

All non-Americas orders ship from Dan's London address, and his stock should arrive around Tuesday and begin shipping immediately after that.

BC
Thanks Prof!
Thanks BC, I've also sent a shipping update out to all current outstanding LC orders with timescales etc.

If you've not already signed up to the newsletter now might be the time, I some exciting news next week!
Brlliant! I've just run through Prof BC's "Through The Looking Glass" Realm-of-Faerie routine. Wonderful and, for me at least, a fresh take on Haunted Key effects. Perfect for family-orientated performances.

Steve Drury's "13 Miller's Court" routine (also included in the Performance Manual) is another fabulous routine I'll be adding to my repertoire (once I've saved up a few pennies). The handling subtleties have been really well thought out.

"The Devil's Disciple", a darker routine, also appeals.

Yes, the key is great. It looks like a genuine antique, rather than an aged modern key. But the Performance Manual is where much of the value lies for me, and is worth so much more than your usual Haunted Key instructions.
B.C.

Thanks for your great line: "'I'm not interesting enough for Dan to mind read without nodding off."

George
[quote]On Nov 26, 2014, minty wrote:
Brlliant! I've just run through Prof BC's "Through The Looking Glass" Realm-of-Faerie routine. Wonderful and, for me at least, a fresh take on Haunted Key effects. Perfect for family-orientated performances.

Steve Drury's "13 Miller's Court" routine (also included in the Performance Manual) is another fabulous routine I'll be adding to my repertoire (once I've saved up a few pennies). The handling subtleties have been really well thought out.

"The Devil's Disciple", a darker routine, also appeals.

Yes, the keys are great. They look like genuine antiques, rather than aged modern keys. But the Performance Manual is where much of the value lies for me, and is worth so much more than your usual Haunted Key instructions. [/quote]

Brief correction: '13 Miller's Court' is also my routine. I published it originally in Steve's book, which is where the confusion probably stems. Thanks sincerely for the kind words.

Best,
BC
Does the Resurrection Cemetery Gate key come with a routine that works in the spectators hand?

I picked up an old key at antique shop and have my own routine that works. The key I have is small, a little bigger than a regular house key.
I am looking for larger key and a routine to have the key move in the specs hand.
These look brilliant and the reviews are really glowing.

Thanks.

-Robert
[quote]On Nov 26, 2014, PROF BC wrote:
Brief correction: '13 Miller's Court' is also my routine. I published it originally in Steve's book, which is where the confusion probably stems. Thanks sincerely for the kind words.

BC [/quote]

My apologies, Prof. That makes sense. I was wondering why there was a note before "The Key To Changing You", and not before "13 Miller's Court".

Congratulations, then, on two stunning (and very different) routines!
[quote]On Nov 26, 2014, gostone23 wrote:
Does the Resurrection Cemetery Gate key come with a routine that works in the spectators hand?[/quote]

This key was designed to work in the spectators hand, that is one reason why it is so novel.
This was on it's way tyo me yesterday, not here yet (Xmas post I guess) but really can't wait to receive it. The routines I have already in pdf form and are truly wonderful! I'm not a worker, but I reckon the routines alone are worth the money to one. So many presentational ideas, love it!
I was lucky enough to receive my key a few days ago. I've bought a lot of good material/props this year and I've been lucky (or maybe older'n' wiser?) in that I feel I've gained a lot out of most that I've received. This is my last purchase of 2014 and must say it's up with the best (maybe the best?!) As I said, the routines are superb, and so, happily, is the key. I'm not a haunted key aficionado by any means, I only have one other, and it's good, with routines from Paul Prager, but this is summat else! I've just witnessed, on my own, the most eerie, creepy, but controlled roll overs ever. Very, very sloooooow, but Oh, so smooth . It took me maybe 3 or 4 attempts only to achieve this result, and I'm confident I'll be able to guide people wistfully to do it. Thanks agian, Prof BC & Dan. People, buy this!
I have been performing the Haunted Key as a pet effect for three decades, and believe that the Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key is the very best, in both appearance and operation, and completely eliminates the common complaint about the haunted key method being obvious.
Hi All.. I ordered one too.. Does the key come in any kind of box or holder? It did not say on the website..

Would be cool if it came in a box like the GYRE...
It comes in a cardboard box, packed in cotton.
Wow, this key is stunning. I was a bit skeptical about all the stuff like doing it in the spec's hand, smooth turn without a flopover, and not moving unless you want it to, etc--but I stand fully corrected! I haven't yet received the performance manual (it was a Xmas gift from my wife, and the download link had expired) but on mechanics alone it is already a winner. If you have any HK experience at all, this is super easy to use; it was doing what it was designed for even before I consciously tried it. Smooth steady movement from beginning TO END. And when you don't want to turn, it WILL NOT, no matter how hard you or anyone else tries. Hand crafted with precision brilliance by Prof BC. I'm just blown away with this!
Its hard to speak of the key you just have to own it to really get it. I think its the best design and to do it in the specs hand so smoothly, its hard to even believe. Glad you get it. Highly underrated and much appreciated. Lets keep it our secret ;) The only thing I want to do is age it. This is a keeper.
Please look in The Crypt.
These now appear to be sold out. Didn't realize they were a limited release.
Wow you are correct... :( Prof BC stuff seems to go fast.. There are several sold out things on that site that I wish I had not missed out on.

Glad I got this Key and the Dickens Dopp's... Already saving up for the next Dopps so I can pull the trigger as soon as its out..
I don't think the key is a limited run, probably just temporally out of stock like outcast dead or haunted inns - fingers crossed!
I hope so! I was planning on picking one up, but kept procrastinating.

There's a lesson here somewhere, but I think I'll learn it tomorrow.
[quote]On Jan 13, 2015, Lo Pan wrote:
I don't think the key is a limited run, probably just temporally out of stock like outcast dead or haunted inns - fingers crossed! [/quote]

Ohhhhhh These are the 2 I was talking about that I was interested in.. Hope you are right..

I thought "Sold Out" means gone forever(Like the Sold Out Dopps).. And "Out of Stock" would mean it will come back in stock.. Maybe Prof BC can tell us hopefully..
[quote]On Jan 13, 2015, Lo Pan wrote:
I don't think the key is a limited run, probably just temporally out of stock like outcast dead or haunted inns - fingers crossed! [/quote]

Correct. I have some Outcast Dead that I am finishing even now (just a few, 8 I believe) and also the Resurrection Cemetery Gate Keys I will soon be making again. Haunted Inns as well, but sometime later.

You are right that the site probably should ready 'Out of Stock' rather than 'Sold Out'. The Doppelgangers are sold out forever once the sign goes up, these other pieces are actually temporarily out of stock. The challenge, of course, is akin to being a circus plate spinner. Once these items go up it is a race to keep them from falling off the pole, and I fear it is a race I regularly lose.

Thank you for your patience. Outcast Dead in the next few weeks, and probably RC Gate Key, too.

Best,
BC
Good to know.. Thanks Prof.. Will keep a watch out..
I am continually amazed at the level of service and professionalism BC consistently offers. His superior products and devotion to this craft (and this forum) could in fact, offer him a lot of leeway in the magic community as loyal customers would likely overlook missteps. But that's not good enough for BC. He's better than that. Instead, he continually strives to improve on every level...from product quality to customer service. So rare these days.
Prof BC = Thurston award.
[quote]On Jan 14, 2015, Perkins wrote:
Prof BC = Thurston award. [/quote]

This ^ How do we make it happen?
[quote]On Jan 14, 2015, MatCult wrote:
[quote]On Jan 14, 2015, Perkins wrote:
Prof BC = Thurston award. [/quote]

This ^ How do we make it happen? [/quote]

Actually, I see how. Voted over on the "Trick of the Year 2014" thread.
I've got to tell you, my Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key is by far the best key I've handled. I've had the chance to play this in the spectators hand twice now. Their responses have been priceless. With this and Dopps, I'm a believer. Kudos to Prof BC!
It's amazing how many in this dark end of the pool have a real fondness for this effect. I recently spent time w/ Ed Carlyle a week or so after receiving Prof BC's Key.
Although Ed's Mental key approach is great for a flat out mentalism approach in the specs hand, Prof BC has a couple of very strong outlines that act as a jump-off to fanciful bizarre places while routining your own performance.
As to the Key itself.. the only one you will ever need for the Bizarre end of the pool.
I am delighted with it.
Cheers
[quote]On Mar 1, 2015, Gismologic wrote:
It's amazing how many in this dark end of the pool have a real fondness for this effect. I recently spent time w/ Ed Carlyle a week or so after receiving Prof BC's Key.
Although Ed's Mental key approach is great for a flat out mentalism approach in the specs hand, Prof BC has a couple of very strong outlines that act as a jump-off to fanciful bizarre places while routining your own performance.
As to the Key itself.. the only one you will ever need for the Bizarre end of the pool.
I am delighted with it.
Cheers [/quote]

Could not agree more.. Thanks..
I am very tempted by this - however, I have one question to ask please..if I were to attach a ribbon to the key and use it as a pendulum, am I upsetting anything to do with the 'werks' at all? thanks...
Iain, I think the Resurrection Gate Key would delight in this usage.
Thanks perkins...have ordered one...(plus some fresh ribbon, and some flat leather cord, too)...
My pleasure. I think you'll also be glad of that ribbon when you read the performance manual.
I tend to lurk here in Spooky. Love this forum...but often there's little posted here that I feel able to comment on.

The Haunted Key has been of key interest to me since the Bad Old Magic Days. So, when I saw that Prof BC had come out with one of these, I deliberated for about half a second before I bought mine. Sheree and I recently took a trip and I took only two items with me to learn: Train Tracking and this wonderful key. I loved it. Love it. Perfectly crafted...not a no brainer to use...but well worth the effort.

A resounding success from PBC. A triumph. One of my best purchases last year.

David
How are you going to use it as a mentalist?
[quote]On Mar 15, 2015, reese wrote:
How are you going to use it as a mentalist? [/quote]

To unlock the mind ! :-)
I started off as a bizarrist...but didn't really know there was a thing called bizarrism...
[quote]On Mar 15, 2015, reese wrote:
How are you going to use it as a mentalist? [/quote]

There are many places where bizarre and more conventional mentalism cross over. I haven't used the key in a mainstage show, because for me, it's not that kind of effect. But it has a perfect place in walkabout and parlor performances where the people are close to it.

I frankly love that moment when the key first starts to move...ever so slightly. It's not unlike the powerful reaction an audience has when the pendulum starts to move in the hands of an audience member. Haunted key is a perfect lead-in to a full pendulum routine.

The mind can do incredible things, you know. :)

David
Thanks for answering. You are one of my favorite people to read on the Café because of the intelligence of your writing.
Thank you for saying that, Reese. It's very kind of you.

David
Reese speaks the truth.
I agree whole heartedly!
Dan is waiting on fresh stock of the k.ey, but hopefully this week they'll turn up...

I couldn't help but sing a track by The Smiths when I ordered..

A dreaded summers day
And I'll meet you at the
Cemetery gates
Keates and Yates are on your side
While Wilde is on mine...
While I'm waiting for the key, has anyone thought about using something along the lines of a wooden pencil case to hold everything? wouldn't take much to set it up...
I have mine in the wooden box that comes with Ronis' 'Alchemy'. Plenty of room and looks the part.
This looks incredible.
My efforts to resist this key have failed. Just ordered, I am really looking forward to the performance manual. Love those BC performance manuals!
Its a Good one.. :) You will enjoy..
And.... I have the performance manual already. Pretty good service Danno! I must admit that I was apprehensive, I mean this is a pretty expensive key. I've been reading for the past half hour and I am happy to report...., no regrets at all. More than I expected, this really is terrific. Can't wait to get it in my hand! Thanks BC.
I received mine today. Those who own one, try making it turn while your eyes are close. For me, it seems to highten the sense of control.
I'm thinking, pass the key around seance table after the tale has been told. As you would expect, nobody can get the key to turn in their hand. The key is returned to the Pandora box from which it was originally retrieved. A few photos and scraps of memorabilia are also in the box. These items lend to the ghost story and perhaps establish some providence.

All sitters place a finger on the closed box and the spirit is called. A scraping sound is felt and heard by all sitters. Its as if the key actually turned over inside the box.

The key is then removed from the box and displayed for examination. As if that wasn't proof enough of paranormal activity, now the key will freely turn over in the medium's hand. And if anyone still doesn't believe, the key will perform in a spectator's hand. The spirits are thanked for their participation and the seance is concluded.
I like that.. Very creepy.. Perfect..
I received my key a couple of days ago. Its look is spot on! Truly convincing in practice.

Might anyone know what substance is use to darken (age) the key? If I can get it, I need to make the appearance a bit more uniform.
Sent you a PM, Uninvited.
Mine just arrived. Absolutely beautiful.
Mine arrived yesterday, amazing craftsmanship and a joy to own. Can I ask the same question as Uninvited regarding the ageing substance please Professor BC?
Sent you a PM, Bogbadger.
Thank you Prof BC for your help and for creating an amazing key, and thanks to those who have PM'd me with some fantastic advice about using my key, especially George Hunter, George you're a perfect example of why I keep coming back to this brilliant forum, expert advice given freely in a friendly way. I started this morning with a quite expensive (beautifully crafted) piece of plain metal in my hand and finished it holding something worth its weight in gold.....Now that's Alchemy
I am going to buy this, aren't I?
[quote]On Jun 8, 2015, bartleby wrote:
I am going to buy this, aren't I? [/quote]
I think we both are. Resistance is futile.
MatCult it does look rather fantastic sitting next to your Conan Doyle Pennies!

Bartleby......no pressure but it will just keep eating away at what remains of your soul until you do the sensible thing....
[quote]On Oct 20, 2014, Vic Nadata wrote:
Excellent review Perkins. Exactly what I was going to say. For me the big draw to this version is the turning in the spec's hands. A wonderful idea and perfectly crafted. Well Done BC! [/quote]

I just ordered this week and can't wait to get it. I have an entire act with the HK which includes the turning in a spectator's hand. I believe this is going to add some unique opportunities for me and my act.
There's no doubt that this is THE Haunted Key. I have to say that it took a while to get to "know" it...but once I did? Remarkable. Smooth and utterly controllable. I've performed it with children as well as adults and it nearly always inspires expressions of pure wonder that make my heart smile. I love this thing.

I've never had to use the dupe...and doubt I ever will. I see this is a wonderful option for walkabout and the very small Paranormal Parties that I do. Since I'm not presenting a "magic" show, the audience has never once asked to examine the prop. Personally -- I also see the bounce/no bounce option as a little too involved for what I want to do. But the Resurrection Cemetery Key itself? It's one of those "perfect" little props that make performing a joy.

David
I have this key too and I'm very new with HKs.
There's no explanations (if I read correctly) in the performance manual about using a key on a spectator's hand. Is there any resources about this you could tell me about ?

Thank you !
Vianns:
You will find it explained in full in the 'Through The Looking Glass' routine of your performance manual. It begins at the first paragraph under 'Method' (page 19 of your pdf) with the 'pay off' instructions beginning at the final paragraph on page 23 and continuing over onto page 24. It is, in essence, a matter of placing the key properly on the spec's hand and talking them through the usual HK handling. The psychology of this handling (and its subtleties) is described throughout the performance manual.

BC
I have taken the plunge. The pdf is fascinating and I check my mailbox hourly for delivery.
Thank you Prof !
Finally got mine and it's everything you guys have said it is. Truly an amazing piece. Turns so smoothly compared to the key I picked up at the antique shop and looks more authentic too.

Now to customize a plot to use...
A paranormal experience in the palm of their hand! Love this too.
My grandmother was doing the haunted key back in the 1920's. She used it for readings and she used a bible verse which works well with the right presentation, Ruth 1:16

Steve
[quote]On Nov 4, 2015, Steven Conner wrote:
My grandmother was doing the haunted key back in the 1920's. She used it for readings and she used a bible verse which works well with the right presentation, Ruth 1:16

Steve [/quote]

Lovely verse. The 1:17 is quite nice too to add some thrills
I have just picked up a resurrection key from the good Prof!

I am a novice haunted key user. If anyone has some advice for me on the handling of the key to get the optimal rotation, would greatly appreciate it.

Please PM me. Thank you to everyone willing to help.

Sean
Best to take this discussion down into the crypt.
Ronald - I am still working through it - about halfway. Jury is still out on my end. It is thought provoking. I'm not sure I find all the anagrams convincing, but I am still reading. Lots of work went into it for sure. By the by, I had a church in central Wisconsin and used to fish the Black River. Wonderful area - except in winter
Kevin :bigsmile:
Hi Winks... say what? Nothing about the Key.
Well.......I thought I was answering a question from KOTAH (Ron), but it's not there anymore. Twilight Zone. Spooky.............
How appropriate. :)
Will the Key be back in Stock at some point in the future? I am really planning to buy it as soon as I find a financial situation where I can hide the price from the wife ;)
[quote]On Dec 6, 2015, Malakim wrote:
Will the Key be back in Stock at some point in the future? I am really planning to buy it as soon as I find a financial situation where I can hide the price from the wife ;) [/quote]

Yes, it is only temporarily out of stock, and I plan to have another batch on the shelves early in the New Year.

BC
Don't suppose you'll have some of these at ECSS? :)
[quote]On Dec 6, 2015, WitchDocChris wrote:
Don't suppose you'll have some of these at ECSS? :) [/quote]

One can never tell . . . it is at least possible. I am at the mercy of the foundry's schedule on this one.

BC
Well, I think I will end up ordering one either way but it would be grand to see it in person.
Thanks to all who responded to my post above.

Very helpful and loving my RCGK!
The RCG Key is sold out (again). Unhappily, my foundry closed its doors earlier this year. I retained the moulds for the key, but Dan and I have to find a new foundry before the key can be put into stock again. I have exhausted all the possibilities on this side of the pond, and Dan has taken up the search in the UK. We will let you know if the key goes back into production, but we are certainly working to do so.

Many thanks, once again, for all of your kindnesses.

Best,
BC
Thanks for the update - I've been wanting to get one of these for some time now.
So..I managed to get my hands on this finally, thanks to the generosity of a fellow Café member.

There's really nothing I can say about this that hasn't already been said by everyone else - like all of Prof's stuff, it is fabulous.

I hope the foundry issues can get cleared up so that those who have missed out will have an opportunity to enjoy this marvelous item as well.
After being out of production for more than 12 months I'm pleased to announce that we have located a forger here in the UK and the Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key is back in limited production.

We are taking pre-orders for the first 12 sets which will be available to ship within the next 2 weeks.

http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/products/the-resurrection-cemetery-gate-key

Darkly

Dan
Excited!

Would this be a continuing stock (if such a question can be answered at this point,) or is the "limited production" only for the time being?
Limited production for now. Nothing at Lebanon Circle is now continued stock but if we can do a short run of something from time to time we will.
Sounds good, thank you.

I'll grab the first one I can.
Just ordered! Hoping to have it before October! Have a small run of shows coming up. I was a little hesitant considering I've never paid more than $10 for a "haunted key" but after skimming the performance manual, this is so much more with many more possibilities. I'm excited!!!!!
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Aug 30, 2016 07:37AM)
Sold! I'm not going to miss out on this time. I have a seance show coming up in October and this will be the perfect way to open the show.
Many thanks to Dan Baines, whose efforts have been little short of heroic in finding an artist who can cast the bronze keys from my original moulds. After my foundry (Cranston) closed their doors last year, I exhausted all foundries in the US, none of whom wanted to deal with a boutique order like this. Happily, Dan and the UK have come through for us.

I wish to take this moment to offer a personal debt of gratitude in this public forum to Dan. Well done, you. Thank you.

BC
[quote]On Aug 30, 2016, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
Sold! I'm not going to miss out on this time. I have a seance show coming up in October and this will be the perfect way to open the show. [/quote]

The loop on the end of the key is nice and big and very visual on the turnover - perfectly visible in a usually dimly lit seance show.
[quote]On Aug 30, 2016, PROF BC wrote:
Many thanks to Dan Baines, whose efforts have been little short of heroic in finding an artist who can cast the bronze keys from my original moulds. After my foundry (Cranston) closed their doors last year, I exhausted all foundries in the US, none of whom wanted to deal with a boutique order like this. Happily, Dan and the UK have come through for us.

I wish to take this moment to offer a personal debt of gratitude in this public forum to Dan. Well done, you. Thank you.

BC [/quote]

Thank you Brian! Always pleased to help, and as of a few hours ago we are sold out again! Looks like our new foundry will be busy!
Arg! Missed it! Is there a sign up somewhere I can be on so I can get notified of the next run? I've been wanting one of these since just before ECSS this year.
[quote]On Aug 30, 2016, WitchDocChris wrote:
Arg! Missed it! Is there a sign up somewhere I can be on so I can get notified of the next run? I've been wanting one of these since just before ECSS this year. [/quote]

Sure, the Lebanon Circle newsletter, just head to the site and sign up and you'll be the first to know about everything!

Darkly

Dan
And that is the truth.

Dan is really great at keeping his fans, followers, and devotees, up-to-date on his doings. He may be behind here or there, but he'll let you know. And when he promises something...something arrives as promised. I don't mind waiting when I know ahead about the waiting. That is always a nice scenario.
It looks like I've severely underestimated how quickly these would sell out. Is there any chance of a second inventory arriving in time for Halloween?
Really looking forward to the key! Since this was a pre-order, will we get an email when it actually ships? Now if I can just get my hands on from hell next! I was lucky enough to get Krampusnatch from Lebanon last year and love it! (Trying to get into the 100 club!)
[quote]On Sep 4, 2016, topherhester wrote:
Really looking forward to the key! Since this was a pre-order, will we get an email when it actually ships? Now if I can just get my hands on from hell next! I was lucky enough to get Krampusnatch from Lebanon last year and love it! (Trying to get into the 100 club!) [/quote]

Yes, you'll get an e-mail once your copy ships. I'm expecting word from the forge this week so as soon as they hit the studio they will be aged and out the door within 24 hours.
Any chance of more of these anytime soon?
The first 12 sets are on the way from the forger right now and should arrive this weekend which means ALL RCG keys orders will be shipped next week.

I will then make another 12. The forge is very small and I don't want to swamp him hence the limited quantity, smaller numbers also ensures quality casts.

As always, if you want to know before anyone else, join the Lebanon Circle mailing list on the homepage.

Darkly

Dan
Well worth getting on the mailing list for this. My original RCGK is as always with the Prof a beautifully crafted item and works perfectly.
I'm hoping mine arrives any day now. Nothing yet! Was shipped on the 12th. Really looking forward to having a key I can hand someone with confidence. All of my other keys look too inauthentic. I'll be sure to post a review as I have several shows coming up!
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Sep 24, 2016 12:53PM)
Mine arrived a few days ago. It's truly a work of art; perfectly balanced which allows for a very slow movement throughout. I can't wait to unveil it at my Hallowe'en séance this year.
Got in on the second batch. Very much looking forward to it. The performance manual is outstanding.
Hi,
I'm a new owner of this beautiful key.
I'm vey pleased with the mouvement it had in my own hand and can control it like a charm but I have some trouble with spectator's hand. Each spectator had different hand so I find difficult to find the good spot and speed turning (between turning not to fast and not to slow...).
Do you guys have some tips about that? (of course I have already read everything in the performance manual) Do you put it in the same position in there hand as in your?

Thanks a lot!
Truly the best of its kind, by far. The second half of the turn, unlike all other haunted keys, defies gravity and feels like real magic in your hand.
[quote]On Feb 9, 2017, droubaille wrote:
Hi,
I'm vey pleased with the mouvement it had in my own hand and can control it like a charm but I have some trouble with spectator's hand. Each spectator had different hand so I find difficult to find the good spot and speed turning (between turning not to fast and not to slow...).
Do you guys have some tips about that? (of course I have already read everything in the performance manual) Do you put it in the same position in there hand as in your?

Thanks a lot! [/quote]

Sent you a PM as this is a discussion for the Crypt but I do not know if you have access there yet.

BC
[quote]On Feb 10, 2017, droubaille wrote:
Hi,

Thanks a lot! [/quote]

I think putting alone the head line of the palm seems work good
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Feb 9, 2017 04:21PM)
I have seen this on the web site but never read the advertisement because I just thought it was .... Uhh... Just a key for the haunted key routine. Now after reading this thread, boy was I wrong. This sounds really nice. Can't wait for the next batch.

Ray
Prof BC gave me some advises, I will try.
Thank you Joemcdull.
Check this out: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=636858&forum=15
:)

For those interested, that routine makes use of Prof's key, but really any haunted key can be used. I just use Prof's because, well, there isn't a finer key on the market - especially if you want the moment to happen in their hands.
Just got newsletter from Dan about 10 sets in stock again. Well - it's 9 now :) Can't wait! Reading Sudo's approach make me even more happy :)
This key is a masterpiece. It's always on my desk and I play with it all the time. It’s a thousand times better than a stress ball!

Of course that isn't the main purpose of the key, but it's a great addition to its tremendously valuable magical properties! It keeps amazing me...
And apparently they are all gone already...
Wow so happy I ordered my set when only received newsletter. There were only 10 sets to be fair
I managed to get one today and it will be perfect for an upcoming gig at The Edinburgh Magic Festival in July. My event is called The Secret Room in the Writers Museum and I will have 16 performances over 4 days! Time now to craft a wee story around it!
I woke up at 7am pst to email from dan & went straight to his site to grab one, 10 don't last long.....all gone before I had that last chance 😔
Have to wait for a second hander when someone decides they no longer need they'ers.

Congrats to the lucky 10 😊
Phew... Managed to secure one finally.

I'll be using it at the upcoming Tournament to celebrate the Wales Year of Legends in the North Wales town of Conwy (of which I am their jester).

I'm super excited about getting my hands on it.
[quote]On Apr 25, 2017, Merlinsmagic wrote:
I woke up at 7am pst to email from dan & went straight to his site to grab one, 10 don't last long.....all gone before I had that last chance 😔
Have to wait for a second hander when someone decides they no longer need they'ers.

Congrats to the lucky 10 😊 [/quote]

Right behind you, Mark!
Raising an old thread from the dead:

Without saying too much, in "Devil's Disciple" (one of my favorite routines in the manual), mention is made of Marteau's method. This would significantly increase the impact of the routine. Would anyone be willing to PM me some pointers?
BTW These are again available from Dan
This weekend we were in a very nice hotel that is packed with art. One of the 'installations' made me think of a chair test/haunted key routine. This may have potential. Just to stimulate thought.

We're going into a heatwave here. Cheers, Luc

[img]https://i.imgur.com/nnpzUqm.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/TYp73WO.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/8a0fz8V.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/zzibryP.jpg[/img]
I’ve had an antique key in my kit for L@na but also for a little set dressing for awhile now- I always wanted to make a haunted key work with it but try as I might I still get that big “flop” at the end. I saw that the Prof’s key is still available so I HAD to place my order, I couldn’t be more excited.

For being a long time admirer of both Dan AND Prof. BC’s work, this is my first purchase from either of them! I wish I had the funds to add RING to the cart too, but alas. This holiday season has afforded me but a modest, key-sized treat.
:thumbsup:
You won’t be disappointed actorcoop. It’s a little thing of beauty and it’s very smooth, you definitely don’t get a flop.
Great choice
Looks like it sold out again.
[quote]On Dec 29, 2019, OddFellow wrote:
Looks like it sold out again. [/quote]

Oops, that may have been me ¯_(ツ)_/¯ haha

I just read through the manual- excellent material, and it’s validated my decision even more. Amongst my witch circles in Denver there is much ado about Greek deities... I’m really wanting to weave this into a story about Hecate- keyholder to the underworld, Goddess of the crossroads.
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Dec 29, 2019 01:24PM)
I've gone through many a key, and RCGK is simply the BEST key available. The next time another batch becomes available, grab yours while you can.
I like the key, thank you for this beautiful object.

But, I have sometime an issue to put the key on the right place on the spectator hands.

Do you have some tips to put it on the right place, without too many try ?
Thanks
[quote]On Jan 10, 2020, pikat wrote:

But, I have sometime an issue to put the key on the right place on the spectator hands.

Thanks [/quote]

I never use the spectator's hand. I use my hand only. Takes guess work out and stops the fidgeting. It is just as effective in my opinion.

Thanks [/quote]

You place the key on the spectator's hand the same place you put it on yours. Not really sure of the history but my grandmother was doing this effect in the early 1900's which she learned from her mother. She taught me her use for the key and it is nothing like what we see today. Just some food for thought.

Best

Steve
[quote]On Jan 10, 2020, Steven Conner wrote:

Thanks [/quote]

You place the key on the spectator's hand the same place you put it on yours. Not really sure of the history but my grandmother was doing this effect in the early 1900's which she learned from her mother. She taught me her use for the key and it is nothing like what we see today. Just some food for thought.

Best

Steve [/quote]

Thank-you
Will these become available again in the near future?
Dan at Lebanon Circle releases a few every couple of months. Maybe you can send him an email. Cheers, Luc
Thanks for the feedback Delimbeau, I'll contact the gentlemen at Lebanon Circle and look into it.
There are some available at Lebanon Circle again https://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/collections/best-sellers/products/the-resurrection-cemetery-gate-key I just ordered mine - love the performance ideas in the PDF from Prof BC.