(Close Window)
Topic: Original uses for scotch n soda.
Does anyone know any real killer uses for scotch and soda? I use the normal routine plus i vanish the copper and find it all over the place. I really think its a great gimmik and I wonder if you guys have more great routines.
Ken Simmons has a series of three booklets on the S&S that contain some excellent material. They're readily available from most dealers.
Mith,
If you are -- or anyone else is -- interested, my No-Gimmick Scotch and Soda (complete with original, political patter), appeared in my column in the Linking Ring, some years back.
Regular coins (to get away from the reset problem and the "phony" feel and sound of the gimmick), the plot can be altered to fit a variety of situations, and it's free!
If anyone is interested, as I said, e-mail me privately and I'll send you the routine.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Peter Marucci's No Gimmick gets 5 stars from me.

Great handling.
I agree with RiffClown. Peter Marucci was kind enough to send me his No-Gimmick Scotch and Soda and I have used it to great effect.
One thing I like to do is a do-as-I-do using my Vodka and OJ set (U.S. Sacajewea Gold Dollar and U.S. quarter) where I show them how to place the quarter behind the dollar a few times and squeeze (I mimic the squeeze until the last time) and then bring out the quarter. Of course, I have brought out a penny and the quarter is nowhere to be found. Quick throw-a-way, but fun. Have fun with it!

Jay :bg:
Great Scott's next book, "Profiles in Coinage," uses a Scotch and Soda for a coins across routine and a devastating follow-up.
Speaking Of the Simmons books. I had An International Tranlocation Handleing in the 3th. book!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
Just wanted to thank all you guys for your stuff. I urge you all to check out Peter Marucci's routine as it is very cool and so utterly simple. What I really like about it though is the patter; everyone always gives you an effect saying you should plan some fun patter for it. It's nice when someone actually gives you some patter too. Excellent sleight only scotch n soda which continues to blow my spectators in the western hemisphere away.