(Close Window)
Topic: Where (and what) is the Magic Castle?
This may be an obviously "dumb" question, but I keep hearing references made to seeing effects performed at Magic Castle. Where (and what) is Magic Castle? From what I've gleaned, I think it's in L.A., right? Is it also a huge magic shop?? I live in southern California, so if Magic Castle is definitely in L.A. then I'd like to drive there and check it out!

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I own lots of magic effects (mostly mentalism) that I buy online. I am not familiar with various Magic Shops in the "real world". :)

Thanks
Go to their website for information at:

http://www.magiccastle.org/f/alt-index.htm
Hardly a magic shop. It has been in existence since the early to mid 60's. One of the great venue's for magic performers.

How long have you lived in CA? And Where?
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Jan 28, 2004 11:26AM)
Have a look at the TV series "The Magician" with Bill Bixby.

The Castle is to magic what Hugh Heffner's mansion is to 'Playboy'. It's The Place.
Thanks, GeorgeG, for the link! That had all the information I needed!
I think the Magic Castle is where all the top magicians in the world gather and perform or something along those lines!

Hope this helps.
It's the one place Ricky Jay won't set foot in!
Why do you say that? It's my understanding he has been there many times. Most recently when his friend Mike Weber was performing.
Check out the the genii magazine site and visit their forum. LOTS is on the go at The Magic Castle with plenty of "in-fighting" and allegations of financial problems and the like. The Magic Castle as we know it may never be the same :-(