(Close Window)
Topic: Just a quick hello
Hi All,
I know this isn't the new arrivals forum but I just wanted to say hello here, as this seems to be the place I'll be hanging out the most! I am new to mentalism as well as the Café, although I have been around magic my entire life!( my father is a magician) I have done a bit of my own dabbling as a kid, assisting and critiquing, but it has finally felt like the right time for me to branch out on my own! Anyway, I'll make this short and sweet, basically want to say hi and have been very much enjoying going through all of the threads and reading all the great advice! I look forward to getting to know you!
Jacene
HI!!!!! :gossip:
Hi, Jacene...

Nice to see you here. Enjoyed meeting you at MV.

Please keep in mind that the newbies have to buy the first round...but it's like...a Café...so...y'know.

David
Welcome aboard!
Hi Jaycene:

We are glad to welcome you. You will bring considerable charm into some forums that have been almost devoid of that trait prior to your arrival!

George
Welcome to our little section of the Café.
[quote]On Nov 25, 2014, George Hunter wrote:
Hi Jaycene:

We are glad to welcome you. You will bring considerable charm into some forums that have been almost devoid of that trait prior to your arrival!

George [/quote]

Now I'm hurt, George. I always try to be charming. :eek:

But you're right. I've met Jacene and she is indeed more charming than I.
Welcome Jaycene!

It was cool meeting you and your dad at mindvention and I enjoyed seeing your show photos today.

As a show suggestion you might want to consider not using the silvery shimmery drape material which to me feels magicky. I really liked your custom photo dry erase board on the easel. Very classy indeed.

Wishing you all good things and when you hit 50 posts join us at inner thoughts downstairs.

Brett
Hello and welcome
Welcome Jacene. I hope you know what you're letting yourself in for!
Hi Jacene, nice to see you here :) was great to meet you at Mindvention!
Hey there.... I think you'll like it here...

Bryn
Hi and welcome to the Café from Spain.
Welcome Jacene! :-)
[quote]On Nov 25, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Welcome Jaycene!

As a show suggestion you might want to consider not using the silvery shimmery drape material which to me feels magicky.

Brett [/quote]

Thanks Brett! You are completely correct, the silvery drape is "magicky". The reason it was there is because I performed just after my dad! So, it fit his show! And beggers can't be choosers! Haha! Thank you for the advice! Definitely think about that Friday night when we head out again!
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Nov 26, 2014 10:49AM)
Welcome to the Café Jacene it is nice to meet you
Hello and welcome! I'm shure this is going to be a good source of information for you, if it's not already that.

Stay tuned
Warm welcome from Mexico here :)
Welcome!

There are so many wonderful people here willing to share anything and everything they have to offer. I'm curious...

What makes you say you feel like this is where you will be hanging out the most?

What about mentalism intrigues you?

All the best,
Matthew
[quote]On Nov 26, 2014, MatthewSims wrote:
Welcome!

What makes you say you feel like this is where you will be hanging out the most?

What about mentalism intrigues you?

All the best,
Matthew [/quote]

Hi Matthew!
After being around magic, as I said, my entire life there just didn't seem to be the fire to actually continue on with the tradition myself! And then....my dad introduced me to mentalism!! It is something he hasn't done a lot of but thought I might like it! Well, I started reading a lot of Bob Cassidy's books as well as watching different lectures he had on hand! I find myself addicted to reading/watching!
I have always been interested in magic, but once I was introduced to mentalism and was able to impress a seasoned magician with my new effects I knew this would be the place for me!
One would be hard pressed to find a better starting point than Bob Cassidy. If you haven't already done so, check out The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy Vol 2. So much to be learned from that book!

So nice to meet you, Jacene.

M
Jacene, you are a very lovely young lady . Wishing you the best always. One tip ,always listen to what your heart tells you to do.
[quote]On Nov 26, 2014, CarlZen wrote:
Jacene, you are a very lovely young lady . Wishing you the best always. One tip ,always listen to what your heart tells you to do. [/quote]

Ditto
Thank you all for being so welcoming! After reading through a few posts, I can see how this place can become addicting! Seems like a great group of people on here!
I hope everyone has a great season of holiday performances!
Jacene
Warm welcome to the forum Jacene
Hello, and welcome to the forum Jacene! :)
Hello and welcome to the forum, Jacene.