(Close Window)
Topic: OPEN BOX at Penguin.
Announcing OPEN BOX
http://www.penguinmagic.com/

On every page at Penguin now, you'll see we're featuring a single open-box product. Open-box means someone ordered it, and for some reason it came back to us. Usually in near-perfect condition.. but no matter HOW close to perfect it is, we don't want to re-sell it to you as new.

That one product's price will drop every single minute until someone buys it. Then we'll feature another. And another.

You're helping us make some room for new stuff, and getting an incredible deal on some fantastic magic while you're at it.

Acar
I think it's brilliant.
Cool idea. Now we need an Open Box Blizzard.

Btw how to I see all,of the cool box deals on an iPhone? My phone only seems to show me the first item.

Dan
Great idea for sure.
Todd
Wow, that's great!
Wow that's awesome!
This is like crack! I'm finding myself checking the Penguin site every few minutes when I'm able, but I haven't found a way to check the current Open Box item on my iPhone!
Hey is the Open Box permanent? I thought at first that it would only be for a few days, but now it's been two weeks so I am curious! Thanks.
Fantastic idea.
This is brilliant, you should consider adding it to the cool box app.
Nice idea. I remember one magic dealer - now out of business - that used to resell these as new, even when they were returned because they didn't work. I'd only suggest that you make it a little more clear on the site itself what "open box" means. It's on the same page as "cool box," in which case the word "box" does not refer to the packaging.
I wish the UK dealers would do this. Nice idea.
Excellent idea!
I think its a great idea as well - but think it would have been good to provide a list of what items would be included or order listed or something to that effect - just to have a general idea of what may be coming up when. I think I would have made some purchases knowing ahead of time what was coming vs just checking randomly every so often when I could.
[quote]On Feb 18, 2015, ace1323 wrote:
I think its a great idea as well - but think it would have been good to provide a list of what items would be included or order listed or something to that effect - just to have a general idea of what may be coming up when. I think I would have made some purchases knowing ahead of time what was coming vs just checking randomly every so often when I could. [/quote]
No. Then you would know when you need not bother visiting the site, which defeats the purpose of this innovation.

Its purpose is to get you to visit the site more often (and to be in the mood to make an impulse purchase).

In short, the goal is to put you into buying mode 24/7.

Excuse me, I need to go check the Penguin site...
Interesting selling psychology. price decreases each minute, yet only one available so one is in a big dilemma whether to buy it now or wait later and risk it being bought by someone else.. nice
This is by far the dumbest thing ever!!!!

I'm 100% joking

I'm freaking addicted to it!!!

Like when you bid on an auction site... hitting F5 every 2 seconds!!!!

What a great idea!

I love it! I hate it! I love it!!!!!!

Penguin does it again!
[quote]On Feb 18, 2015, Wenzelo wrote:
Interesting selling psychology. price decreases each minute, yet only one available so one is in a big dilemma whether to buy it now or wait later and risk it being bought by someone else.. nice [/quote]

Happened to me with the Extractor gimmick. Price was good, but hoping to get it when it went lower and missed out. :(
This is just what my OCD needs.
Just picked up Greg Wilson's "Dishonest Abe" for $17 - very happy, as it's sold out otherwise, and the props alone are worth the money.

On the other hand, I also picked up Paul Green's "I Knew It All the Time" last week via the Open Box, and the jumbo cards were discolored and not particularly attractive. Maybe you take the wheat with the chaff buying seconds, but the ad copy does say "like new."
[quote]On Feb 24, 2015, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Just picked up Greg Wilson's "Dishonest Abe" for $17 - very happy, as it's sold out otherwise, and the props alone are worth the money.

On the other hand, I also picked up Paul Green's "I Knew It All the Time" last week via the Open Box, and the jumbo cards were discolored and not particularly attractive. Maybe you take the wheat with the chaff buying seconds, but the ad copy does say "like new." [/quote]

Well guess what - Mr. Green saw my post on here and sent me a brand new "I Knew It All the Time" set out of the blue. I offered to pay him but he wouldn't take anything. The set is sooo much nicer than the ones I received through the Penguin Open Box - clean and white, spanking new. Big fan of Mr. Green before this, but what an incredible gentleman.
Nice guy!
Met Paul many years ago,and I concur...Super nice and thoughtful...
Love Mr Green. He's just awesome. :)
You can't wait too, too long or someone else will jump on it. I was interested in a certain item that came up for sale and it dropped quite a bit. I thought I would wait for it to drop just a little bit more, but I was too late. Someone else jumped on it before me. This happened on 2 occasions.
You can practice on items you don't plan to buy. Think of a price that you would pay for the item and see if you would have been able to buy it for that price. :jesterhat: