(Close Window)
Topic: Honeyberg (ACAAN) by Honey
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgyiuKRWqpA

This looks like a really good ACAAN. Yes, the deck does go out of sight briefly but that's done before the card and number are named. What does the Café think of this one?
If the spec was not a stooge, as per the advertisement, then I'm stumped. :confused:
Whoa... I have to admit, I hate the ducking under the table and thought it was terrible at that point. But by the end I loved it. I have no clue how.

BUT I would imagine the dice could be more important in other situations.

As a lover of ACAAN, I want this.
He has said he also teaches a handling without a table so maybe the deck doesn't need to go out of sight? Either way I have no idea what's going on and I'm impressed. This really does appear to check all the boxes we look for in ACAAN.
I will say that this did crack me up though

http://youtu.be/jvmy5azRtgo

The most amazing ________ ever seen
Wow, that looks really good...I'm stumped, as well
You can tell when Honey's lying. His lips move.

Another fraudster. Leave well alone. Please do not pre-order.

http://youtu.be/utTvtAShUC8
Pegasus, HACAAN is a different effect he put out. He has some other tricks he has released that are very clever and not fraudulent, so I'm not sure where you are getting this from.
I am so tired of this guy

Creating more accounts to share his 'effect' -.-

(picture)

http://i.gyazo.com/c7ddbcb8efb91233c26d4f79b6ba766a.png
Stefano Nobile and Honey are NOT the same person.
[quote]On Feb 21, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
Pegasus, HACAAN is a different effect he put out. He has some other tricks he has released that are very clever and not fraudulent, so I'm not sure where you are getting this from. [/quote]

I'm getting it from the video that I linked above. Jeez. I'll shoot the same video later with two of my friends acting as stooges. Hopefully you'll be just as impressed.
The most amazing 'pile of s***' ever seen.
Stefano Nobile is deranged......

R
It is worth noting that Honey, without prior permission, took Bob Cassidy's words and then used them to promote his trick. That is not ethical.

Regards,
Mike
[quote]On Feb 21, 2015, Funnybaldbloke wrote:
The most amazing 'pile of s***' ever seen. [/quote]

And that's putting it mildly.
[quote]On Feb 21, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Stefano Nobile and Honey are NOT the same person. [/quote]

Yes Absolutely true!
I wasn't saying this, just made a "note" or observation about Nobile

Sorry for the missunderstand :)
Sorry, but this is a definite no buy for me. Cards below the table? Really?
Nothing to do with cards under the table. It's the stooges.
Funny Video. Poorest Picture Quality and the ACAAN Effect looks quite funny :)

Stooges for sure. The dice and the Cards goin' out of sight are just for confusing
purpose.

I am not interested at all

thank you :clownjuggling:
Honey doesn't have an account here but when I told him about the statements on this thread, he asked if I would post this on his behalf:

" I am a reputed auto trade businessman and owner of a college. Approximately I earn 25 Lack Rupees MONTHLY in Indian currency which is equal to 41,000 US $ MONTHLY. If I am earning so much, why should I play dirty games to earn money? I am a creator and a magic hobbyist. First of all, I never make false statements to sell my effects. In HACAAN, I clearly mentioned in my ad copy that it's a tough and bold method and for Professionals, Then why non professionals buy it? The Method used in HACAAN was inspired by Mr. Peter Turner's effect, and I modified it into mindblowing ACAAN, and I openly mentioned his name on ad copy.... If that trick was a fraud, penguin magic would never ever have released it.... Criticism is very easy and Creation is very difficult... Please, Respect the art of magic. I am really very busy in my personal life, so it's very difficult to take some spare time out for magic, but still I"ll keep on creating effects and try to keep magic alive for me and my respected fellow Magician.

Thank you so much for you love and support. Good Day."

-Honey Jasmit
I purchased HACAAN .. I think it is FANTASTIC !!!
Pure Genius !!!

- Steve
This version looks very good! Is there a link to buy it?
[quote]On Feb 23, 2015, entermagic wrote:
This version looks very good! Is there a link to buy it? [/quote]

Google. First link. Page 1.
[quote]On Feb 23, 2015, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:
I purchased HACAAN .. I think it is FANTASTIC !!!
Pure Genius !!!

- Steve [/quote]

You're the only one judging by the reviews. 1 Star and scam are the best quotes. Well done Penguin.
On Penguin magic there is HACAAN and not HONEYBERG. HACAAN from the Penguin review is not so good, many people are disappointed.
I look for HONEYBERG and I hope this will be the good one... Very impressive from the video performance.
Some of his other effects have gotten really good reviews
[quote]Stooges for sure.[/quote]
Not necessarily.
I am looking forward to some reviews of this one when it is available.
Did this ever get released?
I hope not.
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4804

:rotf:
[quote]On Sep 25, 2015, Lseeyou wrote:
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4804

:rotf: [/quote]

that's not the same effect
(1). NO MATHS INVOLVED.

(2). NO GIMMICKS

(3). HANDSOFF COUNTING

(4). NO PRE-SHOW

(5). NO DUPLICATES

HE ONLY HAS STOOGES .................................
Correct Vinny.
Fascinating thread. There is little anyone has said I would refute.

I am going defend this routine. I do so reluctantly as I was put off by the post made by "Honey" (by proxy no less) on this thread. In fact I encourage the person doing his typing for him (5-1 says it's actually him by the way, any takers?) to pass along this feedback: That wasn't the worst rebuttal of an argument I've ever read. But close. This part especially: "I am a reputed auto trade businessman and owner of a college. Approximately I earn 25 Lack Rupees MONTHLY in Indian currency which is equal to 41,000 US $ MONTHLY. If I am earning so much, why should I play dirty games to earn money?" Hmmm? I can't punch a hole in that logic. Though I feel like a guy named Bill Shakespeare might have written a word or two that could shed some light on the "why?" To be fair it was in one of his lesser known works. Anyone know what I'm talking about? There was a prince from Denmark (maybe?), his mother was kind of a B**tch, a gravedigger has a couple lines, a poisoned sword or two, I wanna say a ghost pops up. Ring any bells? I know! I'll audit a "Shakespeare Studies" course at that college Honey owns....

BUT I DIGRESS....I downloaded this for reasons I've long forgotten. At first I dismissed it, but it started to creep back in to my thoughts. I wanted to see if I could get away with it and in such a way that the "I**** S*****" wouldn't "spill the beans" or even CONSIDER doing so.

I've performed it in my stage show a few times. I changed it a bit. Made it more "me." I didn't have anyone name a card out loud but rather handed them a "ordinary deck" and asked them to put a card in their pocket or purse "in just a second, after leave the room" When I came back I invited another person on stage to name the number.

Of the 5 times I've performed it once it TOTALLY S**T THE BED and my "banter" wasn't witty enough to save it. Once it didn't go so well but I wiggled out of it. BUT 3 times it DESTROYED. People couldn't comprehend it. Full disclosure: 2 were industry night performances, so I used performers I did not know personally as participants. I have very little practical advice, however I stand by this: I work with Actors, Musical Theater performers, and improvisers all the time in other endeavors, they are the perfect "I***** S******. If you can make them look like rockstars in a packed house you can get away with all kinds of things. I suppose they may have blabbed to their cast after, but I built them up so much by making it all about them, I wouldn't bet on it. Even if they did, who cares?

My point: In a theatrical setting, in the right context, with the right crowd, it can not only work, if can dwarf the rest of your set. (I would never do this in a corporate environment, or a walk around scenario) I applaud the release.

All that said, I doubt I'd buy this fellas material again.
Considering this effect has not been released, not sure what you purchased or reviewed...
[quote]On Sep 27, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
Considering this effect has not been released, not sure what you purchased or reviewed... [/quote]

Interesting point, TuneHV. :)
Hello Richard what has your earnings have to do with this effect???????for me
this effect is bogus.......
if it is real then send it to me vinsmagic@aol.com I have been along time member here on the Café . and if is ligit I will endorse the work here on the Café and I will not reveal any handling
vinny the godfather of magic
I purchased this months ago, a complete waste of money.
[quote]On Sep 27, 2015, vinsmagic wrote:
Hello Richard what has your earnings have to do with this effect???????for me
this effect is bogus.......
if it is real then send it to me vinsmagic@aol.com I have been along time member here on the Café . and if is ligit I will endorse the work here on the Café and I will not reveal any handling
vinny the godfather of magic [/quote]

Vinny,

Richard was quoting HONEY. He wasn't talking about himself. HONEY said that earlier on the thread.

Hope that helps,

Zack
Zack,gotcha my bad
NOPE! My bad. I was referring to this http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4804

I thought that's what we were talking about. Now, after reading the ENTIRE thread I see I'm clearly, CLEARLY mistaken. My post was ill conceived and totally useless Embarrassing really.
I'm amazed that you purchased that effect with those reviews. :wow:
I bought it before it had a single review. (also, I don't believe ANY of the Penguin reviews, as a general rule)

Which brings me to another question: Does anyone know of a reputable group or person that reviews releases? Unbiased and comprehensive? We need a Roger Ebert or Lester Bangs of magic reviews. I realize the inherent issue is you can't give too much away...but I've never been able to find one.
[quote]On Sep 28, 2015, RichardAwesome wrote:
I bought it before it had a single review. (also, I don't believe ANY of the Penguin reviews, as a general rule)

Which brings me to another question: Does anyone know of a reputable group or person that reviews releases? Unbiased and comprehensive? We need a Roger Ebert or Lester Bangs of magic reviews. I realize the inherent issue is you can't give too much away...but I've never been able to find one. [/quote]

I believe Penguins reviews, that's one thing they do do correctly. It's Ellusionist that only post positive reviews, generally.
Fair enough. I don't doubt they are legit. but they are user generated and never go into great depth. Who wrote it is important. Who do their interests reflect? Those are vital in criticism are they not? (Is this working magician, a sophomore in high school, creators best friend, same guy with 19 email addresses, etc...) Also if there isn't a reasonable sample size I don't know how useful they are. Also, I think you can review anything regardless of if you bought it from them.

My dream would be someone that breaks it down from all perspectives with the same proffesional integrity of a journalist. I need "Roger Ebert" not "Dan L."

It's probably not possible for many reasons.

"there's something I don't like about it, there's not much I can say without tipping the method, but don't waster your money" or "Unbelievable. Blew my audience away. You have to get this!" those aren't critiques or reviews. They are press junket blurbs. Know what I mean?
Reviews are tough to come to a conclusion. I've read horrible reviews on items I've downloaded and loved. Maybe the reviewer was an amateur and didn't understand how to handle and manage audiences or some other such skill required for a particular effect. Often a reviewer will simply read the directions or watch the DVD download and run to the computer to type in his/her thoughts.

Reading and analyzing reviews is a skill unto itself. The Café reviews are safer as WE who the players are.

Just sayin'

J
I generally keep my negative opinions to myself, but if Penguin's review section were anonymous, I'd be more inclined to participate. I'm not proud of this, but I have knowingly refrained from posting my honest opinions on certain releases because I know it could upset the creators and their mentalism colleagues.
[quote]On Sep 28, 2015, Ben Blau wrote:
I generally keep my negative opinions to myself, but if Penguin's review section were anonymous, I'd be more inclined to participate. I'm not proud of this, but I have knowingly refrained from posting my honest opinions on certain releases because I know it could upset the creators and their mentalism colleagues. [/quote]

I understand your concerns, Ben, but if you are honest and thoughtful, constructive criticism can not only help the creator, but potential buyers as well.

Preston
I know, and that's part of the reason I'm not proud of it.