(Close Window)
Topic: Getting a spinner to stop on the same place.
Message: Posted by: DanielWeppler (Feb 21, 2015 08:05PM)
I'm looking for a way to get a spinner (like the twister kind) to stop on the same color evry time. What do you all think would be a feesable way of doing this.
Message: Posted by: tpax (Feb 21, 2015 08:59PM)
[quote]On Feb 21, 2015, DanielWeppler wrote:
I'm looking for a way to get a spinner (like the twister kind) to stop on the same color evry time. What do you all think would be a feesable way of doing this. [/quote]
magnets
Message: Posted by: DanielWeppler (Feb 21, 2015 09:28PM)
Should of mentioned, I'd like a way other than magnets.
Message: Posted by: Cliffg37 (Feb 22, 2015 09:36AM)
Magnets are the best way to go and the worst way to go. They are best in that they work well. They are worst in that when they work, it looks like something was pulled by a magnet. It is very difficult to hide their use. Probably the best way to go is to arrange the color choices so that one is VERY subtley lower in height than the others. This will allow the spinner to spin in a natrual looking way is it gravitates to the color of force. A very small tilt on the table will get the job done. Good luck with it.
Message: Posted by: The Baldini (Feb 22, 2015 02:25PM)
I tried this with both a min and large prize wheel, you know the kind you spin and it flaps , then stops on a spot. It never worked 100%, then I simply used a double envelope at each spot. this made it possible to show each one different and otherwise "empty". So I did not need a gimmicked wheel.
I would also note, this was not my original idea. I wish I could remember who told me. It works brilliantly.

Dave
Message: Posted by: DanielWeppler (Feb 23, 2015 06:18AM)
[quote]On Feb 22, 2015, The Baldini wrote:
I tried this with both a min and large prize wheel, you know the kind you spin and it flaps , then stops on a spot. It never worked 100%, then I simply used a double envelope at each spot. this made it possible to show each one different and otherwise "empty". So I did not need a gimmicked wheel.
I would also note, this was not my original idea. I wish I could remember who told me. It works brilliantly.

Dave [/quote]

Thanks or posting this Dave, you gave me a great idea. If you are talking about the kind of wheel used on the price is right then you could put a heavy weight on the opposite side of where you want it to land, the weight will pull that side down and bring the preferred side up.
Message: Posted by: The Baldini (Feb 25, 2015 12:10PM)
Yes, I was referring to that type of wheel, but in the upright position. I thought of using a weight, but I wanted to have multiple spins with 3 correct predictions. the weight does not allow for that.
Message: Posted by: Chris Henderson (Mar 9, 2015 06:55PM)
[quote]On Feb 25, 2015, The Baldini wrote:
Yes, I was referring to that type of wheel, but in the upright position. I thought of using a weight, but I wanted to have multiple spins with 3 correct predictions. the weight does not allow for that. [/quote]

The Spirit Clock Dial allows for different stops, wherever you want it to stop as long as you can hold the spinner between spins.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=spirit+clock+dial+magic