(Close Window)
Topic: Improvised trick with nothing but your mind
What tricks do you perform when somebody asks you, and you´ve nothing but your mind (no cards, no coins, no handkerchief, etc...). Like a mentalism impromtu trick but with no props. Thank you very much
Equivoque with whatever objects are on the table at the time.

Ray
Beyond Banachek with whatever is on the table....
Message: Posted by: Szymon Krzysztoszek (Feb 26, 2015 07:04AM)
Also you can try twisting arms things but probably a lot of people know how jt's done. Btw I think in every situation you should be able to borrow some coins ;p. Good idea could be also just start doing stuff with rubber bands because you can carry them anywhere
I would always opt for Deddy Corbuzier's Freewill !!!

I could use absolutely anything to do it. Normally: a name card, a bill, a phone. And these three items can be taken from the spectator.

Absolutely no prep work. Done impromptu.

Powerful.
Of course, you are not required to perform just because someone asks ...

but please check out "In Your Pocket" (write me at gusarimagic@comcast.net)

only to be done in front of a group, but some have said this is the most power effect they have ever performed.
With absolutely nothing ... not even impromptu props or any items at all. Hmmmmm ...

Invisible dice
Elephants in Denmark
Hand twisting thing - palm up to palm down
On the fly CR
Equivoque if performed correctly works wonders...
You could do something as simple as using any three objects and using a magician's choice to force one object. I think you can take it from here.
Properly done, Equivoque is as strong as ever. Unfortunately, most people use only the secret and only three objects. I'm not sure where to point everyone learn this amazing effect, but I'm sure the literature is out there. It's well worth learning and it is within the grasp of anyone who can create a good rapport with his or her participant.
I usually do a version of Phil Smith's Equifinque. All the setup that's needed for that is a pen and a few seconds, and I usually have it setup anyway.
Phill Smith's "The Universal". It's a prediction effect based on his Quinta method. Super easy to learn. All you need is the five fingers of someone's hand. Or five objects wherever you are. It's nice if you have a bit of paper to write the prediction on at the start, but that's all. No set-up required.

The super in-depth e-book downloads here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5709 for $32

Or he teaches it in simplified form at the end of this video download here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5441 for $29.95

Very powerful and flexible concept.
Psychological Forces are very easy to pull off if you have a strong script. It doesn't have to be cards. It can be anything.

Also, PK Touches or the old bit where you put one finger (really two from the same hand) over their eyes and you can do something sneaky with the other hand.

Those are my go-to when I need them.
I agree with everyone's Equivoque suggestion. I'm surprised nobody mentioned anything using a Ctr Tear considering the original post mentions mind reading!
I've never been anywhere where there hasn't been a scrap of paper and a pen.
Most of my favourite mentalism effects are performed on the fly with things that are just lying around.

2 geometric shapes, and the 5 choice Prediction mentioned in Banachecks PS always go down well.
In fact, find a copy of the book. There's plenty in there using nothing but your brain

Sy
Here are a few ideas that have worked well for me:

• Star sign/birthday revelations
• PK Touches
• Passcode Revelation
• TOXIC
• Cold reading
• Prevaricator
• Equivoque

That's just a few of the impromptu things I'll perform when asked. PM me if you have any questions.
Conversation As Mentalism has seven such effects
Lately, if I have some time and want to show them what I'm all about, I've done a progressive object routine.

Have them place 3 objects on the table and do free will.

Add a fourth object and do Leo Boudreau's Lie to Me. You could substitute Patrick Redford's 4 object rearrangement routine (name escaping me now).

Add a 5th object and do a Quinta routine.

I've trimmed away the fat and made it snappy. Even though its all different effects, the overall impression on the spectators is that no matter what the conditions, no matter how many objects, no matter whether they physically touch them or think of the, you are always one step ahead.

Sometimes I'll close with them thinking of "any object" and revealing it... I prefer these routines to equivoque as I (and everyone) already uses SO much equivoque that sometimes it needs a break. Lol.
Phil Smith's quinta comes in very handy for these moments
Don't all those things involving objects go against the no props/just your mind thing ... :)
I'm always an advocate for peter turner's work - Wish You Were Here is a pretty reliable mind reading/prediction effect, and Tequila Hustler is a great which hand routine (with an imagined coin!)
Hi All,

If I can offer a self-serving plug, those of you interested in equivoque might want to take a look at "Triangulation."

Bob Cassidy had this to say about it: "This is an excellent way of presenting a very effective and deceptive equivoque. The idea of using two or three spectators to make the selections is a very powerful logical disconnect... I can see this being very valuable for all performers, but especially for those who are asked to perform completely impromptu... I give this my highest recommendation."

Just follow the link in my signature...

Regards, Steve
Message: Posted by: Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse (Jul 8, 2016 12:51PM)
Magicians choice
Tequila Hustler. Yes, you need an object the spectator hides in their hand, but I find it hard to imagine a situation (except maybe outer space!) where no objects of any kind are within reach,
Close Call
Grey Elephants in Denmark
a classic beginners trick that is simple to perform, its all about the presentation
Also Scarnes ball routine from Stars of Magic, just roll up some cocktail napkins into balls (a drop of water makes them firmer) also done it with aluminium foil balls
If the person asking for a trick has an iPhone, I like to do Code Breaker by Michael Murray and Gregory Wilson, or if they have any kind of smartphone Swipe by Bill Perkins.
There are many wonders possible with iPhone...Also check out Banachek's Psychological Subtleties ...
[quote]On Jul 9, 2016, BAGWIZ wrote:
Tequila Hustler. Yes, you need an object the spectator hides in their hand, but I find it hard to imagine a situation (except maybe outer space!) where no objects of any kind are within reach, [/quote]
Hi Bagwiz

You don't need an object. They can just think of any two things. "Which is strongest, love or hate......do you prefer blondes or brunettes......have you ever cheated on someone, yes or no........does charity begin at home or abroad.......are you voting Trump or Clinton......do you prefer wealth or health.......beer or wine......which of your 2 children do you love the most!!!

Try it out, they just think of their preference, you name it.

Mixed in with Cog and Prevaricator and Ecrof etc, it can make for a powerful demo.
Hello friends,

I could think of pateo force and any type of which hand routine. Anagrams are also great but need practice, I feel.
Equivoque plus Wayne houchin stigmata would be a great impromptu effect for your situation.
Hello,

Rarely caught without anything, in fact I cannot remember the last time leaving my abode with absolutely nothing in years, but as said above Quinta is perfect for such situations. Also, Washington Deceived by Sean Waters(although a dollar needs to be provided by a spectator you never touch or take it they just look at it).

Carter
Thanks for the kind mention Carter. I am glad you liked Washington DeCeived.

Best Regards,

Sean
Another vote for Quinta. Most creators develop a method of doing something and then work out a few different routines to go with it. With Quinta, Phill Smith has gone so far beyond this that it borders on the obsessive. His madness, however, is our gain. He has come up with so many ideas on how to use it that you should be able to come up with something, regardless of the situation you are in.