(Close Window)
Topic: FLUX// By Alan Rorrison
Flux// by Alan Rorrison
https://appsto.re/gb/CvjT5.i

Flux is an app that accompanies the pebble smart watch. It allows you to predict any time the spectator freely names in under three seconds.

You take your watch of and state that you will Make a prediction of a time. You then place the watch face down on the table or in the spectators hands and ask them to name any time they like. Of course when they turn the watch over the the me on the face matches what they said exactly.

Once the watch is on the table you do not touch it again until after the revelation. You can also use this app to make people apparently go back in time or forward in Time which lends itself Nicely to pseudo Hypno demonstrations

An android version will be out soon

Follow the know no for more info
Interesting idea but people know that smart watches and iPhones are connected... Isn't this making that connection appear obvious? Particularly since the input method does require using the phone? The watch face itself is very gimmicky looking and also has the name of the app right there in plain sight...
Any plans for a more natural looking watch face or one without the product name?
Thankfully the watch now looks like a standard digital watch with the advent of the Iwatch. It was something I thought about but thankfully it has never be an issue. I've never had one spectator make the connection.
The phone is never visable during the routine. The input methodd allows you to activate it from your pocket and input any time you like in under 3 seconds.
The watch face is based upon a standard pebble face and again a normal spectator has never questioned it. Nor have they questioned the name on it. There generally to busy freaking out at the time matching what they said. However there will be a lot ad of watch faces . Some branded, some not.

Hope this helps
Alright I'll give it a spin. Thanks Alan!
Hey Alan. Is it recommended for a pebble watch?
You need a pebble. It says it right there in the description above and in the ad copy

Hope this helps

Alan
With your iwatch comment above I presumed it was more geared towards that rather than the pebble. I'm probably missing something though!!!
Cheers for your help.
Joel
I've just bought a pebble :) looking forward to checking this out. Sounds great!!
Look's interesting I like Alan's Anydice app and use that a fair bit,wondering how hard this is to use? as I am pretty crap with tech and how fiddly is it to activate in your pocket? and is it just on the hour time prediction?.
It does hours and minutes mate so any time called for. I'll be adding the date in a future update too. And you can input and time in under three seconds with minimal practice while it's in ur pocket. Hope this helps
Alan. This app is genius! A classic time prediction using your existing pebble. Why not? And I'm also a BIG fan to the two person in the credit. You guys rock!
This is very nice but just does not work to well with an iphone 4s IOS 7,i do not want to up grade my IOS as some of my other app' may not work,with other phone's and a better IOS this will be very nice,but this just does not respond well with with my phone set up ,with out giving anything away.
It has been tested and the functionality of the effect works just fine on an iOS 7 device iPhone 3s and up... Could it be hindered by something else ur running on the phone phone? is it jail broken as some tweets may effect it with out you knowing , make sure you know what ur tweeks do and what they use to run! . We do reccomrnding being up to date but it should be just fine and has been tested to do so.
[quote]On Mar 7, 2015, Alan Rorrison wrote:
It has been tested and the functionality of the effect works just fine on an iOS 7 device iPhone 3s and up... Could it be hindered by something else ur running on the phone phone? is it jail broken as some tweets may effect it with out you knowing , make sure you know what ur tweeks do and what they use to run! . We do reccomrnding being up to date but it should be just fine and has been tested to do so. [/quote]
Cheers Alan,you could be right it could be something running on it I have to really press hard on the phone and in a certain place which is hard to get right under cover.
That sounds like a screen fault sir.. The app isn't presure sensative at all
That sounds like a screen fault sir.. The app isn't presure sensative at all
I think I will have to give this a try. I just got a new iphone. There are no coincidences.
The method is awesome. It's just didn't work every time. Try practicing this a lot, but still most of the time I made a mistake. It's a pity, I really like this app but I'm not confident enough to perform it. It's not hard, it's just not 100% sure fire. I'll wait until the next version is out and I will try it again.
I have it 100% it takes just a little practice . On me and I'll try and figure out what your issue may be
Thank you Alan. I'm really appreciate it.
Pebble is bragging at having over 1,000,000 sales and two new models coming in the near future. I think we're underestimating the spectator's understanding of technology. Potentially even drawing attention to a technological re-boot of an age-old method that I don't really want them figuring out. I am assuming the method, but think I've got it.
I'm agree that could be cool to have several spheres to choose.
Also could be a nice option if I can enter the time directly writting the time instead the taps.
it will be more faster if you have the iphone out of sigth.

Regards
Two yeas later and No update for this app either? I hope it's not forgotten about. Like any dice, Flux is impressive.
I moved to android mate so I've been using it there. I was not aware that the ios version needed and update. I'll look into for u.
Android link please
Any Dice is GREAT! I have one phone that is still on ios 9 where it still works and will stay there to use, as Any Dice doesn't work above ios9!
I'm working on getting it on the play store how and I'm back working on an update for anydice..
FINALLY. Lol. Itís definately one of the best apps in my opinion. Offers a lot of potential. NowIíve got expectations for the update. Maybe some new features. Lol. Iím kidding. But it is good to hear that youíve put your attention back on this app. Itís way to good to let go.
Seems to be unavailable
Yes mate it is just now as I work on the update. Im adding android in to the mix too so ill get it done as quick as I can. Time is limited just now as my wife and I have just had out first baby.
Have quality time with them Alan. Will wait for the Android
Seems like we are all still waiting on this supposed update. Sigh🤦‍♂️