(Close Window)
Topic: Tentacles from Hell!!
This is bound to have many uses...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRngPHRj0vA

Unfortunately, this is apparently quite dangerous!
Apparently that is dangerous, but it reminded me that as youths my brother and I often bought and used the "snake eggs" (or some such as they were called), ignited by a match, available from the Johnson Smith catalogue I believe.
:sun: :fyi:
[quote]On Mar 5, 2015, DocBenWiz wrote:
Apparently that is dangerous, but it reminded me that as youths my brother and I often bought and used the "snake eggs" (or some such as they were called), ignited by a match, available from the Johnson Smith catalogue I believe.
:sun: :fyi: [/quote]

They were called "magic snakes." In the 50's growing up, you could get them in little packets attached to a card display for a dime. And yes, it was the same chemicals in a hardened black little pellet. Take a match to it and you got a long, ash-like snake. The burned material was very fragile and would power between your fingers.
Demon dirt by tony andruzzi
That is super cool!
Ooooh that's Demon Dirt????!! :O
Is it dangerous then?
It's not demon dirt (which is a two part chemical reaction) explanation of that I believe is in the Daemons Diary , this is one powdered item lit with a match or lighter
May be I misremembering it, but I have seen something similar in tony's Bizarre! video which he use a giant flash pot to do the similar thing
Http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=379805&forum=14
From the title, I was hoping for a Cthulhu style tentacle you could use like Ammar's little hand...
Nowhere near as tentacley, but a non-toxic alt.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HtAgxVT2x5s
Here's basically the same item that I use to buy under the name "Magic Snakes."

http://www.alamofireworks.com/catalog/black-snakes/
[quote]On Mar 6, 2015, joemcdull wrote:
May be I misremembering it, but I have seen something similar in tony's Bizarre! video which he use a giant flash pot to do the similar thing [/quote]

What he does in the video is Deamon's Dirt in a large bowl. As I recall, there were "Snakes" in there as well, but it was not a "flash pot".

The video footage is fantastic for a number of reasons, one being it was one of only a few times the trick ever worked. ;)
Magic Snakes look more like poop!