(Close Window)
Topic: SPECTRE by Prof BC
I'm surprised no one here has mentioned this yet.

From the Gemini Artifacts newsletter:

[i]"This book will allow a Gh*st like presentation, and will fit in perfectly with your current set of Dopps. This book will be limited to 150 copies, and here are some of the highlights:
Complete paragraph hits
Shape hits
Oracle 'messages' foretelling past/present/future--giving advice to situations
The ability to use the book in cold reading/warm reading situations..."[/i]

[img]https://gallery.mailchimp.com/7ad2f7a28639af685d37c27fc/images/52570436-d34a-4a3e-bdd0-de0acff75d5a.jpg[/img]

I'm not sure what "shape hits" means.

For those interested in reserving a specific edition number to match your Doppelganger, Vic Nadata will place your name and edition number in a list if you email him.

Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot by mentioning either the actual book title or author's name in this public thread. Let's stick to the code name "Spectre" or maybe the book's initials, "TST." Let's also refer to the author only by her initials, P.W.

If you check Wikipedia, you'll find an interesting article on the author.
Is there a preorder for this? I didn't get the newsletter yet.
[quote]On Mar 12, 2015, Mysterious Mike wrote:
Is there a preorder for this? I didn't get the newsletter yet. [/quote]
Not as such, beyond taking Dopps owners' numbers. No price info yet either. It won't be available until Summer.
Also did not get the newsletter about this......very interested in it though ! Would love to know more about it......
[quote]On Mar 12, 2015, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Also did not get the newsletter about this......very interested in it though ! Would love to know more about it...... [/quote]
P*tience. ;)
Got a bit of a preview for this at ECSS. Do a little research on the book and you'll start to get very excited about the possibilites.
[quote]On Mar 12, 2015, Perkins wrote:
Got a bit of a preview for this at ECSS. Do a little research on the book and you'll start to get very excited about the possibilites. [/quote]

Read enough from the Gem newsletter to shoot off an email with my Dopps reservation number...gonna be a nice end of Summer giff for meself!
:jesterhat: :thumbsup:
[quote]On Mar 12, 2015, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
[quote]On Mar 12, 2015, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Also did not get the newsletter about this......very interested in it though ! Would love to know more about it...... [/quote]
P*tience. ;) [/quote]

Got plenty of that MG ☺
Have learned that way in the past with these ( & in general ), always pays off for me & never been disappointed ! 😊
I'm about to send an email with my Dopps # also! I, too, got some info on this from the good Professor at ECSS and have eagerly waited on it! Glad to see it's here.
Thanks everyone. I have placed a reserve number for all of those that emailed me. For those that are not on the Gemini List, its best if you go to www.geminiartifacts.com and on the left hand side you will see an area that says - Join our mailing list.

Thanks!
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Mar 13, 2015 08:54AM)
I couldn't get on this list fast enough. It's going to be another banner year for the the BC family of books: Ph.o.t.O soon, and then this!
Summer excitement!
A summer blockbuster I suspect!
#21 reserved 😊 Thank you Vic !
#46 reserved....
#12 reserved!
Any idea on release date?
Are people announcing their #s here because they don't trust that their emails went through okay?

I'll try to be more subtle...

[youtube]KOO5S4vxi0o[/youtube]
Paper trail... actually mine is 4.6 but I don't want to make anyone feel bad that has a higher number.
Hello Vic,

Would you mind sending a PM with more detail? I've subscribed to the Gemini mailing list & would love to know a little more.

Anyone have any more details on this?
I'm so impressed with Dopps, and the good Professor's
other releases I wonder what new ground there is to cover in a
book test?

I have tremendous faith and am "in" regardless.
It's just kind of fun to speculate on it.

Any notion of release date? And will it be held back because of the the
Threat Dopps?
[quote]On Mar 20, 2015, horus1 wrote:
Anyone have any more details on this?
I'm so impressed with Dopps, and the good Professor's
other releases I wonder what new ground there is to cover in a
book test?

I have tremendous faith and am "in" regardless.
It's just kind of fun to speculate on it.

Threat Dopps? [/quote]

P*tience. I'm sure it will be W*rth the wait. ;)
M€thinks the L@dy doth protest too much. Hit a nerve? Don't be nervous. All in good times.
[quote]On Mar 20, 2015, horus1 wrote:
Threat Dopps? [/quote]

I don't believe it's imminent. Prof BC has been pretty open about his plans for this year. PotO Dopps has been confirmed as his next release for a while (but is still a month or two away, I think). The plan is for Specter/Spectre to follow that, with another Dopps release (or, if we're very lucky, two Dopps releases) towards the end of the year. So no, it isn't being deliberately held back, but I'm not expecting to see it until July at the earliest. That being said, Prof BC does like to surprise us, and there are many factors which could force planned release dates to be changed.

I'm still hoping for an M R James Christmas treat, but Prof BC has set himself an incredibly ambitious timetable for 2015.
Hey, guys. Remember, it's Pr0* 8C and M R J@m3s.
:-)
As long as you don't say "SP3CTR3"

That would be LUNA-CY :goof:
*yawn*....and ☆《♢°○•`~ ... Instead of derailing your own thread about an upcoming prop release, you could just post your..fun...in your original thread that you are referencing, the "why code the code-names" :)
Joining the mail list is a very good idea. It looks incredibly versatile. You have one of the best collections of book tests period.

http://www.geminiartifacts.com/

This book will allow a Gh*st like presentation, and will fit in perfectly with your current set of Dopps. This book will be limited to 150 copies, and here are some of the highlights:
-Complete paragraph hits
-Shape hits
-Oracle 'messages' foretelling past/present/future--giving advice to situations
-The ability to use the book in cold reading/warm reading situations.
[youtube]PzhNqF-Mjug[/youtube]

Thank you Steve Swann for an awesome video!
Very nice teaser!!
More details please!!
My birthday prezzie this year.
I want!
[quote]On Apr 18, 2015, horus1 wrote:
More details please!! [/quote]

"More?"

Were [i]any[/i] details provided in that video? Did I blink and miss something? :)

Seriously, I don't understand the point in producing a video that conveys no new information.
Yep ya blinked MG, It was to deepin the mystery, or maybe just to show off new video editing software 😉
The annoying part of leaving a half full glass for others is the waves of "who didn't finish their drink and left it for me to clean up?!!!"
[quote]On Apr 18, 2015, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
[quote]On Apr 18, 2015, horus1 wrote:
More details please!! [/quote]

"More?"

Were [i]any[/i] details provided in that video? Did I blink and miss something? :)

Seriously, I don't understand the point in producing a video that conveys no new information. [/quote]

P.W. looks cute - there is the one new nugget! Be patient and it will be worth it? She's using her feminine wiles.
[quote]On Apr 18, 2015, Merlinsmagic wrote:
Yep ya blinked MG, It was to deepin the mystery, or maybe just to show off new video editing software 😉 [/quote]

Public appoligy if my last comment sounded like a jab at the video itself, was just friendly joking with MG, I personally loved the mystery the gave. As much as I also would love to know more of Spectre, I am enjoying the unknown factor that the vid give it & love the tease !
Its a prof BC release - what more needs to be said of the awesome Prof !!?? ☺

& hope to see more of your artwork vids ! 😊
My goodness, people complain about EVERYTHING! Unreal.

Below is a small preview of a routine. The release will be sometime before the end of summer. The kit will come with the book and a pouch containing seven glass stones the colours of the rainbow, and a healthy performance manual.

SPECTER, most basic 'Oracle' routine

FIRST:

The spec thinks of an issue but not a specific question about her past, present or future.

Past is reflected in the first section of the book: PANDA

Present in the middle section: HATTE

Future in the last: JESUS

SECOND:

She is asked to open secretly to ANY PAGE in that section and let her mind go blank. She is told that the page tells her many things, and that she is to keep them secret to herself. For example:

a) if the page begins with a new paragraph, that the journey she is on must begin with a completely new start in her life;
b) if however the page begins with the first word of a new sentence within a paragraph, the journey will require some form of new start in a specific area of her life (turning over a new leaf, getting rid of something old, taking on something new, or the like);
c) if instead the page begins in the midst of a sentence, the journey is ongoing and the answer lies in a continuation from something that is already in her life. It is a suggestion to hold onto something and not change course.

And

d) if the page ends at the end of a paragraph, this means that the answer she will receive will (if properly acted upon) bring the issue to a full conclusion.
e) if however the page ends with a full stop (period) within a paragraph, this means that the answer will be only a patch or fix that will conclude the current issue but that it will continue being in her life in some form or another.
f) if the page ends mid-sentence, this indicates that the answer received will require ongoing effort to see the issue to its conclusion.

The performer never asks her to reveal how the page ends or begins but simply to see what answers manifest upon the page she has chosen.

All of the foregoing is mere window dressing. The pages begin and end in a random fashion. But this opening creates a very fair and private connection between the performer and spec as well as the spec and Oracle book. It is already speaking to her and to her alone.

THIRD:

The spec is asked to write the book's title on a piece of paper in a very specific manner. She may elect to write using the opening 'The' or omit it, but she must write it in batches of three letters thus:

THE
SOR
RYT
ALE

The performer spills out a bag containing seven coloured stones: Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Green, Indigo, and Violet and asks her to place the one she is most attracted to on the right side of the 'chart' she has created and then the one she is least attracted to on the right. She is to then select one of the remaining and place it on any one letter within the chart. She is to select a second stone and place it upon another letter, and to continue thus until she has put the five stones (not counting the two she set to the sides) onto the 9 or 12 letters she has written on her 'chart.'

The performer consults her work and interprets it thus, for example:

You have made a strong choice here for life. Does that make sense to you? But this is not animate life. You are indicating here a vegetative life-force, a 'breathing-world life' as it is called. The message to which you are being led will only be accurate if there is an image of plant life very early on the page you have selected. Please look at the opening few words and see if there is some reference to a tree or plant or even a vegetable, anything that could suggest the 'breathing-world life' with which you are most attuned. Do you see such a reference?

SPEC: Yes!

Very well. Can you write that word above your chart, please?

She writes something like Forget-Me-Not (there are literally over 100 things she could write here but we will say it is this.)

What is that, you ask, some sort of flower?

SPEC: Yes.

You like flowers? You feel some connection to flowers, pleasure perhaps?

SPEC: Yes, I grow them in my garden.

Then this is most appropriate. Does the actual flower mean anything to you?

SPEC: I think it might.

Yes. It might be a signal that you are to remember someone or something if you are to move forward with the issue that troubles you. Keep that in mind. Okay, please understand what we are doing now. The page appears to be in sympathy with you. That is how P.W.'s Oracle works (you have earlier told the tale of how T.S.T. came to be written through a Ouija board and how P.W. continues to manifest to certain people who read it but only if they are in sympathy with P.W.'s spirit).

We are going to continue to test to see if you are in sympathy with the aura of this book, this Oracle, and, as we do, we will narrow down to the message P.W. intends to give. Understand that we may have no success at all or else we may begin by seeming to have some or even a lot of success. I do not want you to be disappointed if that suddenly stops.

Sometimes we can fool ourselves by seeing connections that do not really exist. Other times, no one can say why, an actual connection will simply stop. Nevertheless, there is a prescribed ritual to receiving a message from P.W.'s Oracle—and we have passed only the first test.

You are in communion with the green and growing world, the 'breathing-world life.' That is well.

Please remove one of the five stones from the chart and place it somewhere on the word you have written above it.

She does this.

You have elected a nighttime world. Interesting. This might suggest something dark or hidden. Does that make sense to where you are in the issue that troubles you?

SPEC: I suppose so, yes. Yes, I am in the dark. That is right.

And yet you placed it here, on this part of the new word. This suggests light, small light. It in fact is a suggestion of the Jewish symbol of a star. This is your second test. Is there a reference anywhere on that page—the one you selected—to a star, and even more particularly to a six-pointed star, perhaps?

SPEC: Yes!

Very well, this is the shape of the world as you perceive it. Islam is the young religion to P.W. just as Judaism is the revered religion and Christianity, for her, the true religion. What this might suggest is something old or revered must be done or else someone or something that is old or venerable holds the answer you are seeking—but let's not be too quick yet. That is really only the second test. It means nothing if you do not arrive at the final Oracle. We have a way to go yet before we get there. Time to move on.

Take up another stone from the chart and place that stone either on the left with the stone that you most like or the right with the one you shun.

She does this.

That is interesting. The remaining combination suggests the holy number 18. Does that number mean anything to you? The day of the month, an anniversary or birth? Perhaps you know someone who is 18 or close to 18? Perhaps it suggests something that occurred 18 hours, days, weeks, or years ago? In any events, the number you have created is important, but it is also the next test. Is the number 18, or a reference to 18, to be found anywhere on your page—before you answer, let me warn you not to be disappointed as this is often where the Oracle connection is lost. Please look carefully. Does 18 appear anywhere on the page?

SPEC: It does!

Then we have passed a very important milestone. Please look at the number on the page and quietly read the words just before and after that number. Do not tell me those words, but take them to heart. One or more of them often mean something very important to the seeker, you. It may not mean anything to you now—or it might—but it is sure to come to mean something rather important to you soon if not already. Please take your time and read the words immediately before and after that number. You will want to remember them. We are ready to proceed.

Three stones remain on the chart, take up any two. Place one before yourself and one before me.

She does so.

Very well. In this action you have done more than you know. You have with this stone rejected superstition, silly pagan belief, and false religions. With that one, you have indicated a sweet and callow soul, and innocent bearing and open heart. With the combination of these you have indicated the image of death, execution to be precise, almost certainly referring to Christ's suffering on the cross in P.W.'s world.

So, what is that? (here you write on the paper) Superstitious beliefs, Innocence, Sweetness, Callow simplicity, and Death probably on the Cross.

That's a lot. For us to pass this test, you must find a whole paragraph that somehow contains all of those elements in it. Look carefully. It may take a bit of interpretation, and it usually does, but if it is there you will see it. If it is not, however, we have come to the end of our session. Please look.

SPEC: Oh my god. It's here!

Christ's death on the cross, sweetness and innocence, as well as superstitious belief?

SPEC: All of it.

All right, this suggests that while you may or may not be a wholly religious person, you are in some ways a spiritual person. Is that fair to say?

SPEC: I am a practicing Catholic.

Well, then that is obviously what P.W. has seen in you. Because, you see, that is all but the final test. All that remains is the Oracle itself. P.W. is now to speak directly to you. It is an Oracle, of course, which means it will be in a kind of code. Perhaps you will understand it immediately or it may require you to figure it out—or else it might suddenly appear to you some days from now what it means.

Nevertheless, you will find that the section's title character, Panda in the first section, Hatte in the second, Jesus in the third, will speak only once on the page you selected. Every test points to it. What he says there is your message. Find it and read it silently. I do not need to know what it says.

While she is reading that Oracle, you write the number 44 beside the chart. When she finishes reading, you say:

Have you found the passage and read it, whether or not it makes any sense to you?

SPEC: I have.

You should remember it along with everything else that has been revealed to you during this session. P.W. has been in strong contact with you during this entire session. So much so, I have done something rather bold that may or may not mean a thing. However, the one remaining stone at that particular position has significance. I wrote it down while you were reading. It says 44, but I don't know what that means. Do you?

SPEC: Yes I do!

Then you have received something very special today. Hold onto it and try to make sense of what you have been told. You have received the Oracle.

As complex as this routine may seem, you got everything you needed with the turn of the first stone. The rest is simply playing it out. The main strength to SPECTER is that it is a 'book test' in which the Spec is made to believe that in some way the book is reading HER mind and that she is in contact with the spirit of P.W. rather than being manipulated by a clever performer with a stunt book.

The performer need not memorize anything at all about the stones and their placement. It is all smoke screen and misdirection created to give the impression that the Spec is controlling the reading. In fact, the performer is never out of control.

SPECTER incorporates many cold-reading riffs and performance red-herrings that lead the spectator to the inescapable conclusion that something truly supernatural has taken place.

If the performer wishes, s/he may augment this 'basic' performance with a number of other cold-reading techniques to reveal much about the spec AS she is working through the book part of the reading. It all depends on how you ask her to manipulate the stones around the chart (which only buys you opportunities to tell her what you would in any Tarot or cold-reading situation).

SPECTER is diabolically coded so no two readings will ever be alike. Different words will be written on the chart, different numbers will be revealed, as well as different full-paragraph hits, different shapes (it is only sometimes a Hebrew six-pointed star). And, of course, it is almost never the same Oracle that is revealed. In fact, with SPECTER there is a mathematical possibility of performing it over one thousand times without ever having the same collection of hits.

Additionally, SPECTER can be used as a quick, one-off mindreading effect for table hopping.

And, yes, SPECTER can easily be incorporated into a full Doppelgänger performance although it is not itself a Doppelgänger book.

Best of all, the memory work is extremely simple. Your crib is lying in front of you during the whole act. In fact, your spectator writes it out for you and puts the stones on it.
Wow!!!!
Thanks for all the info vic!
So much more than we could have hoped for.
This sounds wonderful!!
Lots to look forward to!!
Say, in the UK will it be SPECTRE? I am partial to SPECTRE

Looking forward to getting this!!!!

And meeting P.W....

[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f8/2f/c2/f82fc25cd7314e1ba0f291bd81132f65.jpg[/img]
[quote]On Apr 19, 2015, Dr Spektor wrote:
Say, in the UK will it be SPECTRE? I am partial to SPECTRE

Looking forward to getting this!!!!

And meeting P.W....

[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f8/2f/c2/f82fc25cd7314e1ba0f291bd81132f65.jpg[/img] [/quote]

How odd. I always pegged you more as favoring Spektor. So much for my intuitive skills.
Am I being overly paranoid(not unusual for me) or should we try to avoid referring to the actual title/author in this public thread?
Thanks for the info, Vic! Looking forward to this one very much.
[quote]On Apr 19, 2015, horus1 wrote:
Wow!!!!
Thanks for all the info vic!
So much more than we could have hoped for.
This sounds wonderful!!
Lots to look forward to!! [/quote]

Ditto to Horus 1. Wow, Vic, this is sooo much more than I expected. I thought maybe it was just an addition to the Dopps routines,...which would have been fine, except I was thinking that after POTO and maybe one more, I would have enough of a completed Dopps collection.
Now, you have me rethinking my entire budget plan for late summer, ha, ha...? Thanks for sharing in such detail!
:readingbook: x :applause:
Vic great teaser video trailer. I get that it's not supposed to tell you anything except it's coming. Many marketer uses this format it's very common.
Sounds like a breakthrough book test I'm sure it will be excellent.
[quote]On Apr 21, 2015, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
[quote]On Apr 19, 2015, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Am I being overly paranoid(not unusual for me) or should we try to avoid referring to the actual title/author in this public thread?
[/quote]

I think we should avoid the author's name and the book title. That's presumably why it's called Specter, after all.

Come on folks, we spend half our lives putting @ signs in Luna, surely we can be discreet about the stuff that actually matters.

Remember, that Google kid is listening.
The video actually speaks more to the books backstory than its presentation. Threads like this are to give people who are excited or curious a place to talk about something without anyone telling them "nobody wants to hear about your ghost book that doesn't exist yet, Steve. ...there's and order up Steve, get outta my way, Steve. Im a freight train, Steve. If I was into magic you would do more work, Steve. The only ghost here is your voice haunting my dreams because you don't ever shut up , Steve. ...No I do not play xbox or Destiny, Steve"

So I am hoping it stays positive as life can suck enough without my favorite things having to for no reason. (also...I am totally not Steve and If I was that is totally not my manager)
Skip this if you don't care but "try" not to be nasty we don't need more.

Doesn't matter who you say you are (your avatar/name/picture/number of posts) as long as you are nice and decent to others, that will prove who you really are (now there is a good use for g@@gle that may shed some light hint hint). This is the point I'm trying to make although maybe a bad way to make it.

You are right duck there is never a need to insult someone’s artistic and creative effort (video). I think you can qualify that by Vic's response. You are too nice Vic.

It should be a privilege to own these types of work not a right (interesting topic for a thread). Should we show some respect and be thankful, not nasty if we want to be worthy. Now there is an idea that might help to keep the peace around here as nothing else seems to work. How about I buy their copies and donate them to spookys in good standing then all the good heart people are rewarded and the creator won't lose. My words and intent are positive if you read carefully, it doesn't matter that I have a silly name you know I'm being real.

We still have to wait for the book but isn't that the fun part, anticipation? Vic I guess there is nothing more to say we have it all now thanks, but really you shouldn't have. Thanks for the updates and again nice work on the video. I would like to see others try to make one.
[quote]On Apr 19, 2015, David Eichler wrote:

How odd. I always pegged you more as favoring Spektor. So much for my intuitive skills. [/quote]

I like all variations :)

Meantime, I look forward to meeting Indolence Cheap - authoress and ghost of The Unapologetic Head

[img]http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s---BTluMkj--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/18lshnq4ocsfyjpg.jpg[/img]
I'm excited about Spectre! I thought the video was a perfect tease.
The story of this Ouija poet has the gravity to pull into orbit so many marvelous topics and props.
Just you wait!
Please consider me one small voice that appreciates the videos. This and the Outlook style. I often o back and watch them after I get a product just for inspiration.
I think...hope...we are all creative enough to appreciate a well-made pitch, and smart enough to take it for what it's worth. The video was cool as is. I was sold to. Liked it. And look forward to more.

Just thinking we need to lighten it up a bit. Downstairs was designed for weightful conversations that may be too heavy to be supported up here. At the rate that some are asking for...there'll be very little talk here at all, except for *******, @#$@Q!^@#%^, and __________.

And that's not spooky at all.
Videos for bizarre book tests are strange beasts and a challenge. You hope you can evoke a mood and simply present the setting.
You are also producing a video that only about a dozen people will ever actually see and you still can't give away secrets.

MG was merely anxious for information and he really does excel at tiny details...much like Sherlock Holmes between cases.
As an experiment...try hearing Ian McKellen's voice in your head while reading his posts. Try it.

A Prof B.C. release is exciting!
[quote]On Apr 21, 2015, Eddie Garland wrote:
MG was merely anxious for information and he really does excel at tiny details...much like Sherlock Holmes between cases.
As an experiment...try hearing Ian McKellen's voice in your head while reading his posts. Try it.
[/quote]
Marvin The Paranoid Android is closer. ;)
[quote]On Apr 22, 2015, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
[quote]On Apr 21, 2015, Eddie Garland wrote:
[/quote]
Marvin The Paranoid Android is closer. ;) [/quote]

. . . brain the size of a planet . . . 'can you pick up that piece of paper?' . . . one of the truly great characters in English literature.

As to SPECTER/SPECTRE, I've been playing it very close to the vest for many months--not even telling Vic what all it was going to be able to do. I personally love the video. As some have said, it is meant to be about atmosphere, and the video captures that atmosphere very nicely indeed. I rushed Vic the 'basic' Oracle routine for posting here just as soon as these Tom-Toms began to sound and I was happy to do it. Please be nice to each other now, I would be very distressed indeed to see unpleasantness of any kind gather about something that I was working on. Also please be patient, SPECTER/SPECTRE is still in the works. I am working on the layout and coding even now, today, and I have a booking at Doomsday mid-May that will likely interrupt this work for a fortnight or so.

As to the effect itself, this will be an Oracle book, suitable for Dopps-style, one-off, and mindreading presentations to be sure, but primarily aimed at the fortune telling/reading market--tell the future, connect personally with a ghost, reveal hidden truths about the past, present, future, get real-life bookings at fairs, corporate events, that sort of thing. A Ouija experience without the prejudice associated (in many minds) with the Ouija board. It has taken me many months to pull it all together to make it work as advertised--and it does.

And, yes, the book will be as completely examinable as anything I've created in the past. Hand it out, do the routine(s) without fear or the need for memory work. Completely self-contained and presentable at a moment's notice.

Be kind to one another, now. You are all my friends, and it is quite distressing to see friends fall out. Please.

BC
[quote]On Apr 21, 2015, Dr Spektor wrote:

Meantime, I look forward to meeting Indolence Cheap - authoress and ghost of The Unapologetic Head

[/quote]

Shucks, will no one laugh at this most genius jest and cloaking of names? Sigh

<0> <0>
______/
VVVVV
[quote]On Apr 22, 2015, Dr Spektor wrote:

[/quote]

<0> <0>
______/
VVVVV [/quote]

I will good sir ! LoL, LoL, LoL a most worthy smile made aboust my face from this :-) & much needed with such serious posts recently.....

I for one believe the Name P.W. is exactly perfect for what I am willing to be & happy once I get this :-)
[quote]On Apr 22, 2015, Dr Spektor wrote:

[/quote]

<0> <0>
______/
VVVVV [/quote]

Nice one Dr!
You know I have never been afraid to speak up and I will continue to have opinions and little tolerance for the disrespectful among us. I made many points some you may get and some well... There is clearly a right way to debate (unfortunately it really doesn’t work here at all). Yes, I am definitely a peacemaker and sometimes I like to take it to the mat to make my point (guity as charged), but I do not often throw the first stone. I just like to throw them back because I am a little dark. How many of you would admit that?

You know I can be a nice guy. I apologize for lowering myself but it might not be the last, but that depends, do you really want a positive environment or just want to talk about it?

It's never a dull moment for me but I also like to back pat, give glowing reviews and cheer like the rest of you. I have even been accused of being too positive if you can believe that (mostly from the same challenging individuals). I have even been known to contribute in a positive and constructive ways. I have nothing to prove or be ashamed of.

Enable me to help you and support this place as it is meant to be and things may actually pickup...

Many people here are cloaked or wearing masks maybe now you are starting to understand?

Hope you were at least entertained it's what I do, even if my show was not for you.

Anyways Prof is bringing out something very special and I hope this thread stays up there without the negative drama.

I am always here in spirit....
You can compare to the original edition. Perfect job Prof BC.

[img]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k44/conservateur/ouijapatienceweb2_zpsnyxinjok.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k44/conservateur/ouijapatienceweb3_zpsjdi08fxw.jpg[/img]
Is it out!??!
I don't think so, but that post made me look too!
No, it's the real original first edition of the book at the Surnateum. :)
Still coding SPECTRE/SPECTER--which is currently on hold for a few weeks as I am getting the next Doppelganger (Phantom of the Opera) ready to release. But, yes, the Curator has accurately depicted both the look and use of SPECTRE/SPECTER--a 1917 book written on a Ouija board (literally) that will now become an Oracle in its own right--and right in your spec's hands without any leading, peeking, stooges, or ANYTHING tricky--they just open to whatever page they wish, think of an issue that troubles them, and the spirit of P.W. leads them to an answer. Beta tests have been wonderful, and I think you are going to like it very much indeed (if only for the actual backstory!) Here's a link to what the Smithsonian posted on T.S.T. in 2010: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/excerpts-frompatience-worthsthe-sorry-tale-65242095/?no-ist

The enormous job of editing (4,000 digital pages to 300 print pages) is finished and the layout is underway along with the coding. I still need to finish the coding/layout, printing, and binding before it is ready to age and release. Mid-to-late summer I'm thinking (but not promising!) This will be a Gemini Artifacts release.

Thank you for the interest. And, Curator, thank you for the always-of-interest historical backgrounds.

Best,
BC
Not to be confused with another Spectre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLzErPYUb-8
Two Spectre's coming soon. Both will be sought after.......one enjoyed by millions and the other by a select few.
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, RCP wrote:
Two Spectre's coming soon. Both will be sought after.......one enjoyed by millions and the other by a select few. [/quote]

and the one from B.C. will leave you shaken AND stirred!
B.C., PROF B.C.
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, RCP wrote:
B.C., PROF B.C. [/quote]

PR007 BC.
Licensed to CHILL
May the Schwartz be with him, always!
How did you die P.W.?

[img]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k44/conservateur/ouijapatiencearrowweb3_zpskju3j1ro.jpg[/img]
Patiently Worth waiting for...
[quote]On Jun 2, 2015, The Curator wrote:
How did you die P.W.?

[img]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k44/conservateur/ouijapatiencearrowweb3_zpskju3j1ro.jpg[/img] [/quote]

At first I thought you had dropped a nacho on your first edition but after a closer look I see it's a clue. She died at the hands of Indians but I don't know the exact cause.
Arrowhead poisoning.
Nacho poisoning perhaps...
[quote]On Jun 10, 2015, The Curator wrote:
Nacho poisoning perhaps... [/quote]

That's how I want to go.
Just out of curiosity, will Specter be aged as beautifully as the Dopps? I think I read that the book was published in 1917.
[quote]On Jun 30, 2015, Sir wrote:
Just out of curiosity, will Specter be aged as beautifully as the Dopps? I think I read that the book was published in 1917. [/quote]

SPECTRE will be aged, but this time by by the incomparable Vic Nadata of Gemini Artifacts, who has graciously volunteered to step in and take over that enormous job to free me to try to squeeze in MORE GH*ST (my M.R. James book effect) before year's end. I will still do all of the set up work for SPECTRE (layout, coding, sourcing paper, fonts, inks, and all the binding), but Vic will take it from a clean 'antiquified' modern book into the realms of antiquity. Anyone who knows Vic's work will appreciate that this final, all-important task is in the very best of hands.

Most of you know that Vic and I are close friends, and we have shared all of our aging secrets with one another over the years (oil of olay, porcelana, the works), and I am happy to have his valuable and expert help with SPECTRE.

And, yes, there will also be the expected signed-and-numbered CoA to accompany the SPECTRE release.

And, finally, SPECTRE will indeed work with the Doppelganger library as both an 'in-play' volume as well as a cunning 'convincer' while actually not being a Doppelganger book at all. That is right, it is a completely stand-alone effect/routine that doubles as part of the Dopps library without being a Dopps book. Trust the professor on this, had a bit of a brainwave on this at the beginning of the year that will make SPECTRE a very exciting release indeed.

Will be moving back to SPECTRE work this week as soon as the dust settles from the latest Dopps release (Ph.o.t.O.) My hope (no promises) is to have it in Vic's hands by early September for ageing work with the release to follow some weeks after that (ageing is VERY time consuming). Many thanks for your question and interest.

Best,
BC
Thanks BC, for your quick and thorough reply. :)

Wow, the potential to add three books to my library this year alone - that would be incredible! A copy of SPECTRE basking in the ruddy glow of a jack 'o lantern would certainly make for an entertaining Halloween. I wish you and Vic all the best of luck and good fortune in your labors.
This I am happy to patiently wait for as I know your efforts are enormous and you set credible time tables and eta's and you are always super about keeping us customers updated if, and when, there are delays or needs to change delivery schedules, etc..!!
:sun:
Update: The handoff to Vic at Gemini Artifacts is rapidly approaching. The SPECTRE books are being bound even now (uncertain when that phase will be complete, perhaps as soon as the coming week--I was promised 3-4 weeks for the turn-around, and yesterday marked the end of week 2). So, yes, we are a bit ahead of schedule on my hope for an early-September hand-off, I am pleased to report.

I have just this morning finished the first draft of the performance manual (107 pages with full routines and descriptions of alternate handlings and routines that include mindreading and one-offs, as per usual). A very special 'bonus' handling allows for a wonderful opening that secretly creates a killer 'oh, and one last thing' finale.

The Certificates of Authenticity are finished, as is the special extra prop that will accompany every SPECTRE book. From my side, it feels as if the train is pulling into the station . . . Vic still has to age them all and is probably feeling a bit more like that train is bearing down on him, I suspect. Good man that he is, he's actually sounding excited about it as, indeed, am I. This one is a honey, if I say so myself.

See my June 30 posting, above, for more specifics.

Stand by for further updates.

Best,
BC
We stand... :)
Thanks for the update Prof! It's fun to read about the process
and expected time table. Can't wait for this.
I don't know how it's possible, but it sounds like you've raised the bar yet again!
Standing by!
Thanks for the update Professor - I have done a little research into this volume and I know it will be something extra special and a perfect companion to the other Dopps editions. Cant Wait!
Standing by and whistling a happy tune.
Will not be sorry, to be Sorry, soon...!
:sun: :readingbook:
[quote]On Aug 8, 2015, Lo Pan wrote:
a perfect companion to the other Dopps editions [/quote]
Just to avoid confusion - Spectre isn't a Dopps book AFAIK.
[quote]On Aug 9, 2015, MatCult wrote:
a perfect companion to the other Dopps editions [/quote]
Just to avoid confusion - Spectre isn't a Dopps book AFAIK. [/quote]

Right. This is a stand-alone effect that will come from Gemini Artifacts. While it is not a Dopps, it is designed *also* to work seamlessly with your Dopps library.

BC
Thanks for the update Professor - I have done a little research into this volume and I know it will be something extra special and a perfect companion to the other Dopps editions. Cant Wait! [/quote]

Sorry - poorly worded, I meant companion to the Dopps - Happy Sabbath!
[quote]On Jun 30, 2015, PROF BC wrote:
SPECTRE will indeed work with the Doppelganger library as both an 'in-play' volume as well as a cunning 'convincer' ... Trust the professor on this, had a bit of a brainwave on this at the beginning of the year that will make SPECTRE a very exciting release indeed.
[/quote]

Genius, Professor! Not only does this sound like an excellent stand-alone effect in its own right. Not only does it come complete with its own authentic and bizarre backstory. Not only can it be used as part of a Dopps presentation. The fact that it can actually make the Dopps hits seem even stronger or more convincing will make it a prized part of any Dopps performance as far as I'm concerned.

You seem to have created another winner, but on so many levels!
Do we know what the price will be on this fine work from the Prof??
All your questions shall be answered very soon. Perhaps even this week! Stay tuned.
[quote]On Aug 31, 2015, Vic Nadata wrote:
All your questions shall be answered very soon. Perhaps even this week! Stay tuned. [/quote]

AWESOME!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! THANKS VIC!!
Ohh, the suspense! I will probably become a specter from the anticipation! I will have to have a medium do seance to bring me back to enjoy the book.
Excited but no pressure...take your time.
...But Exciting!
This is the only reason I check the forum at the moment. I'm doing a 3 week meditation retreat but I don't want to miss out on this one.
Hello I'm not sure where to introduce myself. I have been doing magic since the mid 80's on and off in-between my full time job. I recently found this section of magic to be more my speed as I sold most of my other props in favor of dopps and other products from the usual suspects. I'm not overly fond of forums but I'll try to contribute the best I can. The reason I'm here is I have read the book and looking forward to joining this group and sharing ideas. Will there be forum outside of the MC for discussion when the time is ready?
Just a heads-up for Vic...

When Googling Gemini Artifacts, the search results are showing the non 'www' version of the URL - http://geminiartifacts.com/

However, that address isn't resolving to the web site. Whoever looks after the site needs to add an additional 'A' record in your DNS to fix this.
Anticip...ation!
Well it will be something for us all to talk about at ECSS2 ;)
Oh yes. Among other subjects as well.
I'm crossing my fingers that SPECTRE can be a part of my Halloweeen routine this year. :)
SPECTRE will be available for purchase this Friday 9/4/15! Download the performance manual and enjoy it this weekend. SPECTRE will begin shipping Tuesday 9/8/15. $275.00

In 1917 a remarkable book came out in the US: T.S.T. by P.W.. It was remarkable because the author had been dead for over 300 years and the entire book, a story of Christ not unlike Ben Hur, was written exclusively through a Ouija board over many sessions, most of them very public. The story of P.W. rocked Spiritualists across America, for this was (and still remains) one of the most compelling true stories of actual spiritual contact. Go online, use your favourite search engine, type in P.W. and T.S.T. to discover the uncanny true background to Prof BC's latest miracle: SPECTRE.

Your spec takes up the book. She decides whether she is interested in the past, present, or future. She thinks of an issue in her life, never mentioning it to anyone or writing it down. It remains locked in her mind alone. She opens the book to any page without suggestion or guidance from you or anybody. Everything may be done in complete silence. No peeks. No fishing. No stooges. No questions asked. Nothing but precisely what was just stated. Without speaking or writing anything down and with no leading or control, the spec does it all.

She sets out a collection of mystic stones 'from the River Jordan', and you begin to tell her what it means. Suddenly, the book is leading her further and further into the impossible. P.W. seems to be in direct communication with her. The scrying stones' message is revealed little by little, elements that only the spec can know from her secretly selected page are as clear to P.W. as if she were looking over the spec's shoulder . . . and perhaps she is, for at last she speaks directly to the spec from off that very page, and an uncanny message is suddenly revealed that has been before the spec all along, a message directed precisely at her in response to the issue in her mind. P.W. delivers to her a remarkable oracle.

You may move immediately to another spec and present a completely different reading for her. Different results and a completely different message will emerge reading after reading. Conservatively speaking, SPECTRE allows you at least 600 different sessions, so no two readings will ever be the same.

SPECTRE was created to be performed as an Oracle Book, allowing you to conduct a reading of the spec's Past, Present, or Future in which the book yields the final message to the spec. However, SPECTRE can also be used in mindreading, séance, and one-off performance situations.

The book itself is a faithful reproduction of P.W.'s remarkable tome, gently aged to perfection. Inside, as with all Prof BC books, you or your spec may read the book cover-to-cover without ever tipping the method. It is just that clean. As a special bonus, SPECTRE may be directly incorporated into any Doppelganger routine (although it is not itself an actual Doppelganger).

The performance manual covers an array of handlings and effects complete with scripts and routines for performing SPECTRE in a variety of venues and with a number of themes.

SPECTRE by Professor BC
Hooray!

I hope there is enough for everyone.

Will this be available as of midnight or will I be able to have a good nights sleep?
Well, congratulations. :)
Delighted to read Vic's update on the imminent release of this title, I shall be eagerly refreshing the Spectre page on the Gemini site to get my order in on Friday.

I note Vic's encouragement to go online and search for the title of this book to read the backstory surrounding its creation. Thinking ahead, that's a fantastic idea during performance - encouraging your specs to go off & research the history of the book sure lends a whole lot of weight & credibility to ones story!

However... I see a potential issue, specifically with this thread. The title & spirit author of this book have already been referenced a number of times here and of course, Google has indexed the content.

Would it be worth editing this whole thread so that the book title is either no explicitly referenced, or at least spelt / formatted in such a way that indexing is less likely?
Oh no he is right it is not G@@gle proof anymore?

Also I wonder how much this is going to make my wallet cry ?
[quote]On Sep 3, 2015, jglumley wrote:
... Also I wonder how much this is going to make my wallet cry ? [/quote]

[quote]On Sep 3, 2015, Vic Nadata wrote:
... SPECTRE will begin shipping Tuesday 9/8/15. $275.00[/quote]
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Sep 3, 2015 11:08AM)
[quote]On Sep 3, 2015, Aurum wrote:
However... I see a potential issue, specifically with this thread. The title & spirit author of this book have already been referenced a number of times here and of course, Google has indexed the content.

Would it be worth editing this whole thread so that the book title is either no explicitly referenced, or at least spelt / formatted in such a way that indexing is less likely? [/quote]

One of the compelling things about this is the backstory of the book's creation. If we're equally compelling in our presentation of it, then it's no stretch of the imagination to think that a spectator would want to read more about the book and its history. It would indeed be nice if they did so without a Café thread working its way up the rankings. The Prof has done a great job never mentioning the title/author of his books and giving them "code names" for this very reason. The first page of this thread did a good maintaining that, but it all started falling apart on page two.

That being said, I'm very excited for this release, and can't wait to get my hands on it.
Stand by Googlephobes, the offending name & title will shortly be redacted from this thread, I am assured.

Give it until the morning, please.

You speak. We listen.

Warm regards,
BC
[quote]On Sep 3, 2015, Silvertongue wrote:
Hooray!

I hope there is enough for everyone.

Will this be available as of midnight or will I be able to have a good nights sleep? [/quote]

Have yourself a good nights sleep please!

I will update the page between 6:30 and 7:00 am EST.
[quote]On Sep 3, 2015, PROF BC wrote:
Stand by Googlephobes, the offending name & title will shortly be redacted from this thread, I am assured.

Give it until the morning, please.

You speak. We listen.

Warm regards,
BC [/quote]

The deed is done. From now on we are to speak of PW and TST or T** S***y T**e or The :( tayle, or what have you. In Googling our name and title, nothing related to the Café appears. All's well.

BC
What is the typical time frame that may be expected to sell 150 copies as I need to save my pennies. Based on your other offerings like dopps. Seem like people will be rushing to place orders could it sell out overnight?
I already have my commitment in and assured for Sp€ctr€ #40, so will delight in sleeping in a little before completing my order to Vic in the morning! My Dopps await their sister tome...though there be no room left in the book butler!
:bigdance: :pepper: :readingbook:
Snagged my copy.
Yipeee! One copy on its way to the UK. Looking forward to receiving this little bundle :)
I've just skimmed some early sections of the manual. The Prof's system is (of course) brilliant. Some of the thoughts can be applied to fortune telling with ANY book. But, of course, the Spectre book will open up opportunities for plenty of uncanny hits and reveals along the way.
My working day has stopped too!... The manual is more interesting!! :D
Wow I thought I was on to it early. I got a copy coming to Kansas.
Happy days!

I will resist reading the manual until after my retreat is ended.

Thanks for the timely updates Vic. Looking forward to receiving this.
Order has been placed. Another resident revenant in my household this Halloween!
Vic has just informed me that one-third of the SPECTRE stock has already sold in just the first four hours. Thank you, most sincerely.

BC
I was on the fence, but now that I have read the performance manual I am so, so, glad I pulled the trigger.
Can't wait...! #35 is on its way to me.
When manna falls, fill thyself and question not.
Spectre

More images on the Gemini site.
[img]http://s8.postimg.cc/t8pozxlt1/image.jpg[/img]
OMG, so glad I got my order for #40 in asap...as I received the incredible manual today. Absorbed all day in this 107 (ONE HUNDRED SEVEN) page manual of ingenius Prof BC creation. Remarkablly creative as well as a simple, yet comprehensive, unique system as is, but also has options and Dopps connections for those who wish to apply to same. And this is not a standard "book test" either, but serves as a mysterious "artifact", unique seance type routine and SPECTATOR-driven reading system. I cannot wait to get the volume itself.
What is most amazing IMHO is the usual over-delivery of service and quality substance in the product and material provided, especially when I consider (how unsatisfactory) the last purchase I made from another "bizarre" effects/props dealer, at the SAME PRICE, with a SIX page typed "manual", 5 1/2 pages of which was backstory, and the accompanying non-book test, "artifact" volume which accompanied it...!
:bigdance: :dancing: :readingbook: :applause:
There's an open spot on my bookshelf waiting for #22.
Just got a Note To Recipient: SPECTRE #149!
Is mean my one is last 2 ?
[quote]On Sep 5, 2015, Vic Nadata wrote:
[img]http://s8.postimg.cc/t8pozxlt1/image.jpg[/img] [/quote]

Congratulations Vic. That looks wonderful. Very much looking forward to receiving mine.

And congratulations Prof BC on another great effect and performance manual.
I'm still a little confused as to what the effect is with this book. Is it just giving a reading to the spectator, or is there an effect involved?
I am proud to announce that EVERY customer that ordered this weekend has received a shipping confirmation (with your edition numbered in the notes field), and your edition(s) will be going out tomorrow as promised.

Thank you all very much!

Enjoy SPECTRE!
Wow Vic. That's very impressive and very much appreciated. Thanks for all your hard work over the holiday.
WooHoo! Got my shipping notification - Thanks Vic
[quote]On Sep 7, 2015, Sean Gem wrote:
I'm still a little confused as to what the effect is with this book. Is it just giving a reading to the spectator, or is there an effect involved? [/quote]

It certainly is an effect, just as Dopps or GH*ST or any of my other books. This one revolves around a reading situation, however, and presents a complete reading system which, using this book, allows the *spirit* to communicate directly with the sitter with no intermediation from you, the 'reader'. Imagine, for example, a Tarot reading wherein the spec/sitter somehow begins knowing very accurately what each card will be *before* it is turned over. That is *something* like the effect you get with SPECTRE (though the SPECTRE effect is actually different, this is the feeling it provides; the spec/sitter feels that she is suddenly in direct contact with the communicating force).

Click on the second (2) page of this thread where Vic has posted a full script example of the (very basic) SPECTRE oracle routine. SPECTRE can also be employed in séance situations, mindreading, and one-off effects, all routined and scripted in the performance manual.

Thanks for asking.

BC
Thanks for replying, Prof!

If it's coming from you, I know it will be top notch. Just wanted some clarification which you have given me.
[quote]On Sep 7, 2015, Vic Nadata wrote:
I am proud to announce that EVERY customer that ordered this weekend has received a shipping confirmation (with your edition numbered in the notes field), and your edition(s) will be going out tomorrow as promised.

Thank you all very much!

Enjoy SPECTRE! [/quote]
You're a good man Vic.
There is certainly something extraordinary about a Prof. B.C. Performance Manual.
I am enjoying it immensely.
Twas the night before Spectre, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring except for my spouse;
Pearl had stayed late by the board without care,
In hopes that PW would soon be there;
The children were nestled all snug in their dreads;
while visions of Holy Stones danced in their heads.
I have it in my hands. What a beautiful piece of work it is. I will be reading through the book looking for an effect then when I'm done I shall read the instruction manual.

The aging is perfect. The customer service and delivery was outstanding. Cannot say enough good things about Prof BC's effects and Gemini Artifacts.

Thanks for making this available to the community.
[quote]On Sep 10, 2015, Silvertongue wrote:
I have it in my hands. What a beautiful piece of work it is. I will be reading through the book looking for an effect then when I'm done I shall read the instruction manual.

The aging is perfect. The customer service and delivery was outstanding. Cannot say enough good things about Prof BC's effects and Gemini Artifacts.

Thanks for making this available to the community. [/quote]

Be sure to read the book cover to cover before reading the instruction manual. No skipping!

My book is in a sorting facility in Miami. Patience.
[quote]On Sep 10, 2015, bartleby wrote:

Be sure to read the book cover to cover before reading the instruction manual. No skipping! [/quote]

You Sir are hilarious! Just made my morning....

Mine has just arrived in Honolulu - the anticipation builds!
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Sep 10, 2015 02:17PM)
I purposefully held off on going deep into the manual until I spent some time with the book. Having now went through and randomly opened it to dozens of spots to read and look for the pattern, I have to say: this thing is stunningly encoded. The right/left is a bit evident, but a lay person would never catch on. The rest, I didn't even notice/catch on even though I was well aware that [i]something[/i] was encoded in there. I can't imagine the massive amount of time that goes into rewriting/encoding all this--truly impressive.

The cover, feel, and heft of the book is gorgeous, and fits in beautifully with the rest of the Dopps collection. If I had one wish regarding the aging, it'd be that all the pages were edge-treated [i]a la[/i] the other Dopps as opposed to just the first few pages, but I also realize that would mean us waiting weeks (if not months) of additional time for everyone to receive their books.

After fully reading through the manual now and doing a few mock page openings and working with the stones myself, I'm really digging that this is a "reading"-focused book. While I obviously love the Dopps concept, I see myself getting more mileage out of Spectre and would love to see more books in this vein. Fantastic thinking in this throughout!

A surprising extra effect in the manual to read was the integration of Bobby Hasbun's C0dex V technique. Without a doubt, I'll be making up the suggested materials (which is a fantastic take on it by the Prof) and using that concept when doing a reading with the book. I also noticed the multiple references in that section to a "forthcoming book" that will continue the C0dex vein (but, disappointingly, didn't mention more info!) It figures... my wallet is recovering from this purchase, and I'm already dying to lay down money for whatever this mentioned forthcoming book is.

I still don't know how sold I am on the written title chart, but the beauty of this book is that it lends itself to any number of creative ways to facilitate a reading. I'm going to have a lot of fun with this one, and can't wait to see what additional concepts/methods people come up with (on the Dopps forum, perhaps?) to further the reading possibilities. I am very, very happy with my purchase of Spectre.
When I ordered SPECTRE, I wasn't quite sure what I was getting, other than "a book used to do readings." I ordinarily would have little interest in such a thing (I don't do readings) but, in light of Prof BC's involvement and the interesting backstory, I decided to take a chance. I'm glad I did.

My interest in SPECTRE increased when I read the excellent performance manual and saw that, not only is it coded on a par with Doppelganger, it also links to those books in ways I hadn't expected.

Impressed as I was by the manual (which I printed out and had bound), I held off on commenting here until I had the actual SPECTRE book in my hand. It looks good! The aging is subtle, which I like- I would much prefer to present a "well preserved old book" than one which looks like it had been fished out of a sewer.

I said I don't do readings but SPECTRE may change that (for entertainment purposes only, of course). The book's provenance and connection to a specific spirit make it far more compelling than the generic tools typically used by readers.

SPECTRE looks like another winner from Prof BC! I'd say more but I'd only be repeating much of what Pasteboard Alchemist said in the previous post.

Note on the COA: It took me a heck of a long time to find my # on the COA. In case you haven't found yours, it should be written across the middle of the little lady standing on the Ouija board. My COA only says "#11 of, " though. There's no # following the "of."

Another note: I almost threw away the packaging before retrieving the sack of stones. If you're thinking "What stones?" go check your wastebasket! :)
Fished out of a sewer hahaha
Just received my copy. As noted by MG, the aging is spot on; the reading system is very clever and the concept/handling of having the spirit providing the reading rather than you is wonderfully convincing. And hat's off to Vic / GeminiArtifacts for an outstanding purchasing experience:

[b]Thu. 9/3[/b], received email that Spectre will be available for order on 9/4
[b]Fri. 9/4, 7am[/b], received email with link to order, and notifying me that books will start shipping 9/8
[b]Fri. 9/4, 7:45am[/b], sacrifice to the god PayPal performed, order placed
[b]Fri. 9/4, 7:46am[/b], received link to download a copy of the performance manual
[b]Sun. 9/6[/b], received tracking # for the shipment
[b]Thu. 9/10[/b], mysterious apport in my mailbox in the form of a book (and stones)
A UK customer here... I've lost count how many times I've checked the tracking details! The package has made it to Miami - I'm guessing it'll be in my hands by Tue / Wed of next week.

In the meantime, it's great reading the posts from those who've received their order!
[quote]On Sep 10, 2015, TH1 wrote:
Just received my copy. As noted by MG, the aging is spot on; the reading system is very clever and the concept/handling of having the spirit providing the reading rather than you is wonderfully convincing. And hat's off to Vic / GeminiArtifacts for an outstanding purchasing experience:

[b]Thu. 9/3[/b], received email that Spectre will be available for order on 9/4
[b]Fri. 9/4, 7am[/b], received email with link to order, and notifying me that books will start shipping 9/8
[b]Fri. 9/4, 7:45am[/b], sacrifice to the god PayPal performed, order placed
[b]Fri. 9/4, 7:46am[/b], received link to download a copy of the performance manual
[b]Sun. 9/6[/b], received tracking # for the shipment
[b]Thu. 9/10[/b], mysterious apport in my mailbox in the form of a book (and stones) [/quote]

Great customer service!
"Another note: I almost threw away the packaging before retrieving the sack of stones. If you're thinking "What stones?" go check your wastebasket! Smile "

Thank you, I did too.
[quote]On Sep 10, 2015, Aurum wrote:
A UK customer here... I've lost count how many times I've checked the tracking details! The package has made it to Miami - I'm guessing it'll be in my hands by Tue / Wed of next week.

In the meantime, it's great reading the posts from those who've received their order! [/quote]

Yes. I suspect USPS may consider my IP is conducting a denial of service attack.
Worth every shekel. An item that will be well used. My gratitude to all those involved in its creation.
[quote]On Sep 10, 2015, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
not only is it coded on a par with Doppelganger...[/quote]

What are you talking about, MG? The coding on SPECTRE is even [i]more[/i] extensive than Doppelganger, resulting in potentially eleven different phases (as the manual points out)! This may make SPECTRE slightly more difficult to master but, given the additional number of possible hits, I'd say it's well worth any extra effort.

Considering the amount of editing and coding necessary to create this book, it's amazing that Prof BC didn't go cross-eyed and/or insane in the process. SPECTRE is an achievement.

The more I study the book and manual, the clearer it becomes to me that, given the proper setting, the proper buildup, and the proper sitter, SPECTRE could be extremely powerful. I can only hope that owners of this book choose to use it for good. In the wrong hands, this could be dangerous!

If you're still on the fence about this, I suggest hopping off. My own personal spirit guide tells me that, one day, second-hand copies of SPECTRE will fetch the same kind of prices Gh*st now goes for. ;)
I dislike folks advocating buying an effect because it might be a good investment on the resale market. For a few reasons.
[quote]On Sep 10, 2015, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
If you're still on the fence about this, I suggest hopping off. My own personal spirit guide tells me that, one day, second-hand copies of SPECTRE will fetch the same kind of prices Gh*st now goes for. ;) [/quote]

I love this quote as it unintentionally makes light of the often bizarre nature of this bizarre art. "Second-hand copies" of a new book...which was designed to look old, but now potentially resold as a used prop.

Logic should dictate that the "used" version of this prop is in fact better, as it's been aged naturally over the course of many hours of manipulation and handling, which is a far more time-consuming process than chemical aging.

It's getting late so I ramble, and think about such things.
[quote]On Sep 10, 2015, reese wrote:
I dislike folks advocating buying an effect because it might be a good investment on the resale market. For a few reasons. [/quote]
That's not what I meant. I'm saying you may want to buy it now because if you don't, one day you may have to pay through the nose for a second-hand copy. People do resell these things (whether or not you or I dislike it) and they seldom go for less than the original price. I don't own Gh*st and the last time I saw one up for sale on eBay, it sold for a price beyond my budget.
MG is spot on.

Forget the back-and-forth, this effect/prop is a keeper. MG's not advocating investment, but trying to let those who have been early fans of these artists, know that this may be the time to put some 3D green on the 2D artists they've been supporting. Or, they may have to pay more later because others have already realized the value.

For all involved, this is not a bad place to be.
Received yesterday. Amazing in every way. Still awake and excited. I don't want to fully review this until I decide how much I don't want anyone else to have it. :)
[IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e32/papaswann/Thefuneral_zpsnad0kbif.jpg[/IMG]
Greetings All...

I received my copy...and printed out the manual, now, with both in hand I am ready to dive deep into the depths of the adventure and secrets that await me. Thank you Vic and Professor BC...the service from Vic was outstanding, always a pleasure doing business with both Vic and the Professor.

Continued Success,
Dr. Dan
Yes! Got mine!
Thanks Prof and Vic.
What a wonderful release. Brilliance as usual from the Professor.
And Vic - thanks so much for the aging and super quick shipping.
Joy!!
Looking forward to diving into this.
If there are any copies left... cheers to whoever snags this gem!
Being mindful not to disclose the actual title, can anybody share some insight as to how much an authentic copy of this book would be worth? I've tried to locate the info myself but can't seem to find it.
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Sep 11, 2015 02:51PM)
[quote]On Sep 11, 2015, Sir wrote:
Being mindful not to disclose the actual title, can anybody share some insight as to how much an authentic copy of this book would be worth? I've tried to locate the info myself but can't seem to find it. [/quote]

The only copy I can find anywhere of the version this is modeled after is one on Abe Books for $85.
Page 6 of a Google search brings up a link for Spectre at Gemini artifacts. I hope this can be changed when all the books are sold. I have a feeling people will want to follow up on this after hearing the story. Just a little FYI.
[quote]On Sep 12, 2015, Silvertongue wrote:
Page 6 of a Google search brings up a link for Spectre at Gemini artifacts... [/quote]

Yep, you're right.

<meta name="robots" content="noindex, nofollow">

would fix it. Alternatively, no reference to 'The :( tale' is a must!
I am thoroughly enjoying #22, and thought I should point out that, at 11 p.m. (EDT) tonight, the Travel Channel is airing an episode of "Mysteries at the Museum" which includes a segment on PW.
[quote]On Sep 11, 2015, Silvertongue wrote:
Page 6 of a Google search brings up a link for Spectre at Gemini artifacts. I hope this can be changed when all the books are sold. I have a feeling people will want to follow up on this after hearing the story. Just a little FYI. [/quote] Hopefully that issue will be addressed. Google is a demon. Not in a good way
A very interesting episode indeed.
Prof BC and Vic...an exquisite experience completely.
How lucky we are.
[quote]On Sep 11, 2015, Silvertongue wrote:
Page 6 of a Google search brings up a link for Spectre at Gemini artifacts. I hope this can be changed when all the books are sold. I have a feeling people will want to follow up on this after hearing the story. Just a little FYI. [/quote]

It's Vic Nadata and Prof. BC...of course they can vanish, silly. :) Nothing online ever goes away - it is more of a burial. I have seen content being generated to make this happen. It's cool how much after thought goes into this stuff. I am already screaming there are not enough hours in the day and I don't do all that much most days.
Found this box in an antique store last fall I knew it would come in handy for something. Fits perfectly with plenty of room for a seance kit.

[img]http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p782/declanring/cafe/39D3FB48-3F3C-4F9A-BEC4-779DC825E3E6_zps4atluszy.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p782/declanring/cafe/0EB070A4-74C9-47F6-831A-7FBA4874EAF8_zps2rshohv6.jpg[/img]
The book is much larger than I realized! That looks great. That box is a nice find. I am looking for a similar thing for my October event.
Check out the large auction site. Search for the section of 'quack medicine'. It's full of boxes galore. And an interesting look back into the state of medicine in the late 1800s, early 1900s.
This method is genius.
I keep working through it all slowly and I am amazed at the wealth of varied hits that are silently yet instantly provided to a performer at the earliest moment of a reading.
It is downright Crazy.
It really is.
Agreed, the method and system are not only ingenious, but for these ole brain cells of mine, not much of a challenge and maybe even easier than I have found my Dopps...this system being related and sort of Dopps-derivative, but because of the routine method, most of the "mental work" is literally laid out in front of you, as a sort of evolving "crib". Just mahhrvelous...!
:dancing: :thumbsup:
When I was young I always dreamed of having a private library filled with rare, classic books. I've come to realize that a private library filled with Prof BC's books is way better. A collection of books that tell stories is nice, but a collection of books that ARE stories is excellent.
This is beyond crazy. It is strange & unexpected. I didn't expect something so incredibly useful for my imagination. I am so very grateful.
Anyone in the UK received their orders yet? Mine has been 'in transit' from Heathrow since Saturday.
Behold! The spirits must have been listening as my postman came bearing a wonderful gift.

Patience may be long dead, but she will always reward those who have time for her!

Thank you Professor & Vic :)
I am sure, in the spirit of brotherhood to your fellow international brethren, you have put the parcel away until we all get ours. Mine should be cleared by Canada customs in the next few days.
Alas I was unable to keep down such unbecoming thoughts.

Worth the wait, I can assure you, fellow Brother!
Silly question alert...

Has anyone spotted any issue with pages 85 through to 100? Is what I'm seeing one of BC's deliberate modifications to be free of fakery accusations?
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Sep 15, 2015 09:59AM)
[quote]On Sep 15, 2015, Aurum wrote:
Has anyone spotted any issue with pages 85 through to 100? [/quote]

I'm not noticing any difference, no.
Ah, so your pages haven't been bound upside-down then?!
Ah, so your pages haven't been bound upside-down then?! [/quote]

Ouch.
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Sep 15, 2015 10:39AM)
Ah, so your pages haven't been bound upside-down then?! [/quote]

Yikes. No, they have not. All my signatures are, thankfully, bound in the proper orientation.
I wondered whether Pearl had her Ouija board the wrong way up when PW was communicating this section ;)

I've dropped a PM to Vic...
Oh no LoL
Sometimes these rare things happen. I have sent Jon a new copy and tracking number. Sorry for the trouble!
I have to say how immensely impressed I am at service provided by Vic & the Professor - thank you both.

Binding issue aside, it is an astounding piece of work. I cannot begin to imagine how many hours / weeks / months went into crafting this.

Any Dopps owners who haven't jumped aboard yet... I whole-heartedly recommend you do.
It was clearly a slap on the wrist by the spirits for your lack of solidarity.
If anyone needs it, I have the relevant TV episode to which the performance manual eludes to. It's all nicely tagged, so it'll sit in your iTunes library exactly as it should.

PM me for the link.
Was wondering if anyone knows if this is being discussed on the dopps forum?
If you have access to the Dopps forum you could discuss it there as a thread exists but not much is being said currently.
I don't have access will spectre owners be granted access or shall we just discuss it here?
The thread in Dopps was more of an announcement type.
The crypt is an ok place to talk, but a private forum is better if you really want to openly discuss it.
BC would be able to answer your question better.
[quote]On Sep 20, 2015, Darkness wrote:
The thread in Dopps was more of an announcement type.
The crypt is an ok place to talk, but a private forum is better if you really want to openly discuss it.
BC would be able to answer your question better. [/quote]

Actually, Darkness has said it all. The Dopps forum is something that TH1 set up an runs. I don't know if Vic has plans to set up a SPECTRE forum, but we could ask.
Best,
BC
It would be rather useful to compare notes on the symbolism / cold reading elements of the routine - I seem to be focussing most of my planning on this area.
Friends, especially international brothers, you no longer need to abstain. The spirits delivered my parcel today, you may now open and begin you work. I thank you all for your solidarity.

For those of you still on the fence, it is beautiful. They should have sent a poet.
I've been playing with this for a week, and it is scary how simple and second nature it becomes. This is a top shelf effect and it has a built-in narrative: A book written by a spirit uses its own words to talk to the sitter. Just fantastic.

This is, without a doubt, my top purchase of 2015 (and I have enjoyed many excellent purchases this year).
It is very, very good. Once I have the chance to play it out, it could well be great. I am enthralled with the book's possibilities. I believe it may prove to be the most useful book- test I've ever owned.
Found some nice chakra stones yesterday. The bag I already had. I like the idea of mixing readings using the subtle body aka the chakra system with the oracle.

[img]http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p782/declanring/cafe/2E70155B-809F-43F0-9599-BF67966380E4_zpsllmxmyf4.jpg[/img]
I receive the book today and I'm really impressed by the quality of the props. Bravo Prof BC.
Definite contender for best thing of the year.
[quote]On Sep 27, 2015, bartleby wrote:
I've been playing with this for a week, and it is scary how simple and second nature it becomes. This is a top shelf effect and it has a built-in narrative: A book written by a spirit uses its own words to talk to the sitter. Just fantastic.

This is, without a doubt, my top purchase of 2015 (and I have enjoyed many excellent purchases this year). [/quote]

I'm glad to here this, I was thinking about gettting a copy.
Ditto, one of my top two purchases this year!
:applause: :cowboy:
Recently purchased a used custom made Hobb$ box. Fits perfectly with some room for additions.

[img]http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p782/declanring/cafe/075D2432-45CE-480C-BC2B-C5A73E47087E_zpsofl5e8uf.jpg[/img]
That's a lot of magic right there.

Would it be too over the top to make one of your stones uh, unique, so as to react to the box's properties?
The catch of the day - a 1960's OUIJA Pocket Watch - will work perfectly with Prof BC's book.

[img]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k44/conservateur/ouijawatch_zps6wdwsk1p.jpg[/img]
Time to contact the spirit world?
To my great surprise and joy, I found copies of this still available at Gemini! Just purchased and awating it over here in London with great anticipation, and not a little dread.
Thanks for the creation - the performance booklet is a fascinating read so far.
Francis
Francis, you won't be disappointed

It's phenomenal!
I really need to work on the reading part of this.. anyone have a good response if the sitter asks why the stone placement or movement revealed a symbol or number , etc?

That was of great interest to the sitters on my first couple readings. Being that they knew me well I couldn't claim some intuition as the movement of the stones was so significant to them.

Thanks.
The main ingredient is to keep the mystery. It is perhaps a bit of intuition, but you can also suggest that (in large part) it is a simplified Tarot system mixed with perhaps a bit of zodiac and symbology. In reality, this is close to the truth. Images have meanings. Colours have meanings. Relative placements have meanings. With a bit of study and practice, you explain, almost anyone can put together a rudimentary sentence from the mix of images, colours, and their relationship to one another as detailed on the card.

The proof is in the pudding, always, and the fact that what you see on the card in fact appears before them on the page (which you have no way of seeing) is your QED.

Mind also your audience management. If the spec is more interested in the mechanics of the reading than in the message, you need to tweak your focus. In essence, what seems to be happening in your reading is analogous to your spec receiving a telephone call from Queen Elizabeth and being more interested in cellular technology than the call.

Brief explanations are better (and more real) than trying to justify all of the ins and outs of how you know what you know. As a university professor, I often have students asking me, 'How do you know all of that stuff?' My typical answer is, 'I studied it.' Truth is simple--the mechanics behind that truth is just details, and people do not trust details.

BC
I'm curious how many people who perform this one "screen" participants. I think if someone opens up about believing in astrology or mysticism they will likely be on-board without question. If a potential sitter is maybe atheist or a scientist maybe they will be viewing this as a challenge to figure out the trick. Just an assumption but what have you experienced?
Originally I bought this book because of its ability to integrate with my Dopps collection. However, after more than a year of tinkering with my performance, more often now my Dopps support Spectre. I've devised a methodology that is devilishly clever and has satisfied the curiousity of most varieties of spectator. As a pronounced skeptic myself, I am hyper-cognizant to what piques curiosity and what is immediately dismissed as B.S. If performed with care, you can fool almost anyone.

I will give you this tip: Don't try to be a "psychic" when you perform this. Think of yourself more as a guide who simply calls it as he sees it. When you're sitting with your spec and something starts to come through, don't pretend to know what it means. Give them the hit confidently and unapologetically. If the hit resonates with them, great; if they can't make it fit within the context of their life, your job is to remind them that the future is a strange and unfamiliar place when viewed from the present. If someone magically showed them a photograph of a random moment in their life one year from now, they would likely not recognize their own life - such is the winding path our lives follow. This is essentially what you are doing. Oracle readings, ironically, can often leave us with more questions about the future than answers. Your specs will become fascinated with the mystery of it all, and that is success for us because as magicians, our primary objective to provide an amazing experience. The fortune-telling is just a secondary element of that.
This is excellent, Sir. And invaluable advice that can be applied to any and all reading systems. Thanks for sharing.
Message: Posted by: Pasteboard Alchemist (Jan 7, 2017 07:34PM)
Sir, thank you for posting this! To parrot Perkins: fantastic advice.

It's funny, but I find myself having arrived at a similar, unexpected place: while I have all the BC books and they're all great, Spectre is by far my favorite BC book (which is funny, as the thing it's the only on that hasn't sold out.) The reading aspects offer so much flexibility in use.
[quote]On Jan 7, 2017, Pasteboard Alchemist wrote:
Sir, thank you for posting this! To parrot Perkins: fantastic advice.

It's funny, but I find myself having arrived at a similar, unexpected place: while I have all the BC books and they're all great, Spectre is by far my favorite BC book (which is funny, as the thing it's the only on that hasn't sold out.) The reading aspects offer so much flexibility in use. [/quote]

An added "Dittto" from me to Sir, Perkins amd Pasteboard Alchemist. I love all of the Dopps,...just holding the Shakespeare quality volume is a treat, but as I am just starting to work on my use of Spectre,..it is a favorite for me now, only followed closely by M*re Gh*st!

:thumbsup: :ohyes:
Message: Posted by: Some_Magical_Idiot (Jun 23, 2017 03:10PM)
I just picked this up. It is my first one so I feel a bit late to the party but I very excited to see where it leads me! Now I feel compelled to search for other books and dopps...
Message: Posted by: Some_Magical_Idiot (Jun 28, 2017 10:31AM)
Mine is now "out for delivery..."
As an owner of this book, it blows my mind that these are still available. For those who missed out on recent Dopps offerings, you need to be aware that this book can perform a significant amount of what a Dopps book is capable of, in addition to its own unique repertoire. If you're looking to get in on the action before the next Dopps release, this is the best course of action.
[quote]On Jun 28, 2017, Sir wrote:
you need to be aware that this book can perform a significant amount of what a Dopps book is capable of, in addition to its own unique repertoire. [/quote]

I was lucky enough to pickup Alice, but I also jumped on this as soon as I figured out how Dopps like it was. I think I had been overlooking it due to it being sold as an Oracle Book. The description does say "As a special bonus, SPECTRE may be directly incorporated into any Doppelganger routine (although it is not itself an actual Doppelganger)."
[quote]On Jun 28, 2017, Sir wrote:
As an owner of this book, it blows my mind that these are still available. For those who missed out on recent Dopps offerings, you need to be aware that this book can perform a significant amount of what a Dopps book is capable of, in addition to its own unique repertoire. If you're looking to get in on the action before the next Dopps release, this is the best course of action. [/quote]

I just made a purchase from Gemini Artifactsand saw this was still available. This is one of the best effects I own.
Message: Posted by: Some_Magical_Idiot (Jun 29, 2017 10:37PM)
I missed out on Alice but didn't make that mistake with Spectre. I am still in the market for Alice, but don't regret getting Spectre at all.
Spectre has a whole string of reveals on its route to the oracle, and its (absolutely true) back story really reels people in and makes them regard the book with a sense of mystery and wonder before they even open it. What could possibly be spookier than a book written by a ghost via ouija board?
[quote]On Jun 29, 2017, Some_Magical_Idiot wrote:
I missed out on Alice but didn't make that mistake with Spectre. I am still in the market for Alice, but don't regret getting Spectre at all. [/quote]

Alice and Spectre are two very different effects ... do not let the fact that they are both in book form and both by Prof BC fool you into thinking otherwise. Glad you picked up Spectre ... I find it to be one of Prof BC's most highly underrated works (judging by the fact it is still available ... his releases in book format are now beginning to sell out in just a few days). Do let us know how you get along with it!
I was one who misuderstood whole Spectre while readed it's presentation text: Those coloured stones thing made me think that Spectre is some kind of new age fortune telling prop... I was totally wrong - it's a piece of art to all of us and hopefully I soon have my own copy of that (ok, being honest Alice is still my main interest but I believe that Spectre is a good second one).

...While waiting I've been reading the orginal book ************* and it's been at least a interesting experience - and the background story is really spooky!
It took a long time, but rumor has it that there are only about ten of these beauties left!
I find it hard to believe this didn't already sell out over two years ago. It's extremely well done.
The dwindling stock of this volume was diminished one copy further last night. For me, if the effect has any utility, that almost comes as a bonus. I have spent several hours reading the back story to this, and it is utterly bewitching. Simply having a reason to tell that story, and an artifact that speaks to its veracity, is a pretty terrific bit of theater in and of itself. The notion that that is only a starting point is remarkable.
Among the peripheral reading I have done is a piece from 2010 in the Smithsonian magazine (www.smithsonianmag.com) which makes clear the story continues to have relevance with brain scientists and academics, still trying to unravel this mystery a hundred years hence.
I am now into the performance manual, and with it a whole new mystery unfolds.
This always has been a big mystery for me ... how is it possible this book did not sell out in few days like most Prof BC effects ?
The effect and the theme of the book match perfectly.
The history of the original book is interesting by itself even if you don't perform the effect. One of the rare book in history dictated from beyond the grave.
To answer the above mystery, I would propose the “book” was waiting for me. As a Magic hobbiest for 45 years, I recently started building a library of curiosities and stumbled over the “bizarre” corner of Magic. It’s been fun reading all of the threads here and discovering several sites, especially Gemini Artifacts. But alas, just as I figured out what a “Dopps” was, I also discovered none were available. But then, Spectre was. I just received no. 151 of 152. So, I’d like to think the spirits were saving it for me and it is now sold out on the web site. A big shout out to Vic at Gemini Artifacts, incredible customer service. I had the book in a few days with several emails sent to me regarding the order and tracking. Especially after a recent dismal experience with “you know who.” Looking forward to learning more from all of you on my new adventure.
Dr. Nick, you will not regret buying this! Congratulations to Prof BC and Vic on (finally) selling out. Very well deserved. It's a work of art and a great tool! Cheers, Luc.
And that's all she wrote . . .

Spectre no. 152 of 152 was purchased by myself last week, and I am so glad that I was able to buy this before it completely sold out. Now if I could only get my hands onto a third Dopps, then I would be truly happy . . .
Unbelievable that it took so long when it has such a good back story! A latent Gem!
One is for sale...

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=683735&forum=76&2&start=0#1
For those who aren’t subscribed to the Gemini Artifacts’ newsletter (stop what you’re doing and go fix that right now!), it seems our little Spectre is getting an accessory pack. I’m definitely curious, so I can’t wait for my copy to arrive. While we’re on the topic, has anyone been using their book lately? Doing more readings or more Dopps performances?

https://www.geminiartifacts.com/collections/book-tests/products/spectre-accessory-pack?mc_cid=92b072ad94&mc_eid=ddd26c3b9f
This is a welcome addition. I've been curious about pursuing the Spectre bonus effect, but I didn't the written reference to know how to proceed. I'm eager to dig into this.
Interested in your review. I know SO many ways to gain a date, hard to think of why I would need another method. But I might/could be convinced.
[quote]On Jun 2, 2019, reese wrote:
Interested in your review. I know SO many ways to gain a date, hard to think of why I would need another method. But I might/could be convinced. [/quote]

But if this method incorporates the prop you are already using, and does so in a creative and engaging way that enhances the sitter’s experience, why not?

I’m looking forward to learning more.
I too am looking forward to learning more. Don't get me wrong; add-ons can really enhance effects, extras you might buy or create for yourself. But for this my uninformed 1st impression is... charts? Eh. Hate charts. Enough with the charts already ( whoops. got carried away. I don't really hate charts. Just....)
Prof BC describes how the charts can be used with Spectre, so that might help you decide if you’ll ever need them or not. He even tells you more or less how to make them. The problem was that the method for obtaining the date is based on someone else’s effect, with the method not being described because it wasn’t his to disclose. So if you have Spectre and you think the Bonus Routine might be right for you, these charts could save you the trouble of making them yourself. At least that’s what I’m hoping.
[quote]On Jun 3, 2019, Pizpor wrote:
Prof BC describes how the charts can be used with Spectre, so that might help you decide if you’ll ever need them or not. He even tells you more or less how to make them. The problem was that the method for obtaining the date is based on someone else’s effect, with the method not being described because it wasn’t his to disclose. So if you have Spectre and you think the Bonus Routine might be right for you, these charts could save you the trouble of making them yourself. At least that’s what I’m hoping. [/quote]

I hate it when you have to know or buy another effect to use the effect you buy. Did that once but never again.
With the right presentational chops, the original effect is killer. Applying the same method as an opening to Spectre is a great combo. Plus, if you purchase the accessory pack, then the cards are doctored up by Vic (and his aging has never failed to impress).

For those who own Spectre, you can discover more on page 64 of the manual. Additionally, if you own Spectre there is a good chance you already own the other effect that contains the method.

However, for those few who may not own the other effect, I’m curious if the accessory pack reveals the method.
[quote]On Jun 3, 2019, scottishpiper51 wrote:
With the right presentational chops, the original effect is killer. Applying the same method as an opening to Spectre is a great combo. Plus, if you purchase the accessory pack, then the cards are doctored up by Vic (and his aging has never failed to impress).

For those who own Spectre, you can discover more on page 64 of the manual. Additionally, if you own Spectre there is a good chance you already own the other effect that contains the method.

However, for those few who may not own the other effect, I’m curious if the accessory pack reveals the method. [/quote]

I even am curious as to what the other effect is?
[quote]On Jun 3, 2019, scottishpiper51 wrote:

However, for those few who may not own the other effect, I’m curious if the accessory pack reveals the method. [/quote]
Recieved my accessorry pac today, nice sized & as always aged juuuust right by Vic. Simple as it is in its complexity, as I have the book(s) I was already aware of the method. Vic has the permission so also explained in pdf.
I like these "charts" & happy with them, simple & direct for specs & ties in nicely with Spectre for an added bonus effect with great impact when used for reveal as well as the additional readings from the use of them !
Thank you Vic, Bobby & of course Prof BC !!