(Close Window)
Topic: Sleight of hand, coins, jumbo coins... YES
Hello! I do magic for birthday parties maybe once or twice a month, not too much. I wanted to add a good coin routine, or series of effects that would be great for a kids birthday party. Maybe between the ages of 4 and 12ish. I mentioned jumbo coins because I imagine that maybe having coins become bigger would be great visually for the younger kids. Do you all know of anything? I am open to the vast knowledge on this board.

Thanks!
Though I used to use jumbos, these days I change my coin(s) into other things...

a. apples
b. phones
c. grasshoppers
d. lid for my soft drink

As far as what to do with the coins, that depends on you and your character.

Can you please give me some idea of things you already do in your show?
Miser's Dream routine would fit your criteria
Message: Posted by: Michael Rubinstein (Apr 8, 2015 12:29PM)
Giant four coins through the table from the Knockout Coin Magic dvd trilogy. Also Roth's Fljrry with a viant coin production climax.
If you already do a simple matrix it can be done with
Jumbo cards and coins.

Depending on your character the cards could also be greeting
Cards say of super heroes theme and patter about the Flash
Or Star Trek - beam me up Scotty.
Message: Posted by: Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse (Apr 8, 2015 07:41PM)
Curtis Kam has a really cool coin purse meets copper sliver transpo on one of his fist of fury dvds and it's really cool. I can't remember which one though. It ends with a jumbo coin
Message: Posted by: Michael Rubinstein (Apr 8, 2015 07:41PM)
Just saw my typos. Darn smartphones! It should read Roth's flurry with a giant coin production climax.
[quote]On Apr 8, 2015, Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse wrote:
Curtis Kam has a really cool coin purse meets copper sliver transpo on one of his fist of fury dvds and it's really cool. I can't remember which one though. It ends with a jumbo coin [/quote]

"Coercive Purse" from Master Kam's Palms of Steel 2: Fists of Fury.
I have a DVD with coin set: "Nowlin Craver presents: The Secret Art of Coin Manipulation by Eric Evans. Jumbo Manipulation Coins Included!" It starts as a one-coin routine and then finishes with a jumbo coin that then multiplies to a seemingly endless number of jumbo coins. Over 30 sleights and moves explained.

Here's an ad: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S5960

Routine is pretty good.
Message: Posted by: Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse (Apr 8, 2015 10:22PM)
Thanks for the help I couldn't remember this for the life of me but I love the effect
I have a jumbo 2 coin. I try to only show the tails side in performance because they've got the Queen's nose all wrong! Im sure nobody notices but it bothers me.
I do Big coin little purse by Garrett Thomas (but with just the one jumbo!)