(Close Window)
Topic: How Marvel will pass up DC (on TV)
So, after a few missteps on TV, (Agents of Shield and Peggy Carter), Marvel has gotten their act together thanks to Netflix. And they are using the same strategy in creating an expanded universe on TV as they used on the big screen.

When Marvel Studios started out they picked 4 Superheros and created movies for each of them before bringing them together in one blockbuster move, The Avengers. They also picked top quality actors and directors and script writers to create their movies. Marvel is now doing the same thing on TV. Netflix just completed a very successful release of Daredevil, next will be Jessica Jones, then Iron Fist and wrapped up with Luke Cage. (Now with a 2nd season of Daredevil announced also.) Daredevil had great actors, great writing and had little tie-in's to the Marvel Universe sprinkled throughout. (Madam Gao will potentially be a returning villain in Iron Fist and I think Luke Cage will appear in the upcoming Jessica Jones series.) Once they've introduced all four heroes with their own shows, NetFlix will bring them together for a mini-series based on all four characters joining forces as The Defenders.

I have little doubt that Marvel is well on their way to passing up DC as the king of TV super hero shows.
Ooops, I think Luke Cage will appear before Iron Fist. I was reading from an old article.
Told you ol DD would be good.

With those initials how could it not be?
[quote]On Apr 22, 2015, rockwall wrote:

So, after a few missteps on TV, (Agents of Shield and Peggy Carter), [/quote]
Those are missteps? How so?
I don't think Agents of Shield is particularly good. (I admit I haven't watched much of Agent Carter at all.)

Agents of Shield follows much the same formula as Flash and other super hero shows. Villain of the week, etc.
I'm anxious to see Daredevil. But since I don't have Netflix I'll have to wait for it's release on DVD.