(Close Window)
Topic: Knee surgery Friday
Arthroscopic to repair a torn meniscus. Anyone ever had this done?

They tell me I'll only need my crutches for about a day. I hope so; I am hoping this will enable me to run again in the near future. Or at least walk and hike without pain.
Break a .... um. Take care, Theodore and recover soon.

John
Ha! Thanks Magnus!
Had a complete reconstruction 35 years ago. Been good since then.

You should have no problem.

Get well soon. :)
Get well soon, Theodore.
My wife had it done; piece of cake. No worries! They may even let you watch it! :-)
I've had three ACL replacements, but not just the meniscus.

The arthroscopic surgery's pretty amazing.

Best of luck. You'll be in our prayers.
Good luck, Theodore. I've lived with a tear in that knee area for about 10 years now.
Good luck in those low joints Ted!
Knee surgery Friday?
We've only just got dress down Friday in the UK.
Goes to show what a forward thinking place the US is.
BTW, good luck!
Message: Posted by: Daryl -the other brother (Apr 29, 2015 05:39PM)
My wife had it done last year. She recovered quickly, you will too. Good Luck and keep us posted.
I had an ACL replaced. Easier than it seems.
[quote]On Apr 29, 2015, Ray Tupper. wrote:
Knee surgery Friday?
We've only just got dress down Friday in the UK.
Goes to show what a forward thinking place the US is.
BTW, good luck! [/quote]

Yeah, frontal lobotomy Friday never caught on so we figured...

[quote]On Apr 29, 2015, arthur stead wrote:
Good luck, Theodore. I've lived with a tear in that knee area for about 10 years now. [/quote]

I can totally relate to that; I tore this about 19 years ago in the Army. At least the VA is being kind enough to repair it for me.

Thanks for all the well wishes!
It's like a Steve Martin comedy at my house right now.

I come home from work this morning and I'm planning on taking a nap before I have to be awake later. The hospital is going to call telling me when to be there tomorrow.

My house is in literal chaos. My wife is convinced that if she doesn't deep clean the house, to include shampooing the carpets, I will die of some horrible post-operative infection.

The washer and dryer are running, the dishwasher is running and my wife is running around like a chicken on speed trying to get all this stuff done.

Then she starts vacuuming and I hear her scream bloody murder at the top of her lungs. She stubbed her little toe so hard while running around like mad that she broke it and is hopping around crying and limping asking me to find some tape for it. Ouch!

I get her the tape and try to convince her to forget about all this craziness and rest her foot, but she presses on.

Minutes later she is screaming again and I run out there thinking she further injured herself and she's knocked over the carpet shampooer, spilling cleaning solution on the carpet.

The good husband I am, I am of course thinking, "Can you please suffer in silence so I can get some sleep?"

Freaking madness around here.

We ended up both doubled over the kitchen sink laughing at how preposterous the whole scene was.

She is fighting through the pain with masking tape on her foot, determined to finish what she started. She's literally taking our dog to be shaved as I type this. I'm getting ready to try and take a nap after putting a corned beef in the oven set on low and slow for the next several hours.

At least I have a girl who loves me this much! :beatingheart:

:rolleyes: :)
LOL Hope it gets better. And if not, I hope the reporting stays this funny.
:lol:
I broke my right great toe when I was a young G.I. doing a crazy stunt at a party when I was twenty-one, about forty-six years ago. Hurt like hell. Went to sick call the next day and the young Captain MD told me there was nothing to do about a broken toe except let it heal and endure the healing process. Ordered back to duty. Told me to lace my boots tight. Said I would develop serious arthritis in my senior years. He knew his stuff. :-) Your wife should heal nicely. And forty years from now she'll have a very large jointed great toe if she's around to enjoy it. :-)

Right about now I'm sure you're in dreams till the alarm goes off. Friday evening you'll be comfortably situated back in your home, and the foodie that you are, will probably be in some sort of culinary bliss. Be back on your feet soon!
Thanks Bob!
How ya doin' Theodore?
[quote]On May 1, 2015, Bob1Dog wrote:
How ya doin' Theodore? [/quote]

He is still enjoying his opiates!
:rotf:
Thanks, I'm here!

Doctor said it went great. 2 tears and a bunch of scar tissue were repaired and removed. He says I should experience a lot of relief and heal up fine.
Yea!

Now is a good time to practice Cards.

-Mary Mowder
Thanks again everyone!

Today's breakfast is one for the foodie thread: a slice of rye bread, two Vicodins and some iced coffee.

The doctor's were amazed how I woke up from surgery. It was kind of crazy.

I have alarms on my phone that alert me to do certain things at 2 and 3 am at my night job. Well, I forgot to turn them off the night before my surgery and after going to bed at 12:30, got woken up at 2. Than my allergies flared up and I was basically up trying to sleep and feeling miserable until I got out of bed to go the hospital.

I was telling my doctors that I was afraid I'd sleep at the hospital until 9 o'clock because I was so exhausted.

So they put me under, do the surgery; which only took about 20 minutes, and I wake up all bright eyed and bushy tailed. It was so funny! I felt great, wide awake, and was joking around with my nurse. They couldn't believe it. Me neither, really. Then I stayed up until midnight last night watching movies. Bizarre. I'm such a strange human being.

:nod: :dizzy: