(Close Window)
Topic: Looking for ...
Looking for a coin (one or multiple) routine/sequence/vanish/handling that uses half dollars; doesn't involve gaffs; isn't 3-fly-ish or overly coins-across-ish; is on the slow and fluid side rather than speedy and frenzied; doesn't require special clothing; is taught well on a download or DVD; and is suitable for an intermediate-to-skilled coin worker. Thanks, everyone!
How about Al Schneider's Matrix

[youtube]CoVwFpj4i3E[/youtube]
Good idea. Can't go wrong with Matrix. Very magical.
Good idea. Can't go wrong with Matrix. Very magical.
An Okito type box can allow for many routines and themes. A Boston Box even better

Check with Dave Neighbors. As simple or complex as you wish to make it.
Thank you for those ideas. (Where can I find that Schneider matrix routine explained?)

Also, interested in something involving just coins (no table or props).
[quote]On May 14, 2015, AlexanderG wrote:
Thank you for those ideas. (Where can I find that Schneider matrix routine explained?)
[/quote]

L&L's World's Greatest Magic - Matrix / Coin Assemblies is one place, with multiple variations by other well known folks.

Details: http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2315
Paul Harris has a great "quickie" variation of Al Schneider's Matrix, called Giant Killer Coin.
You might also check Ron Bauer's, "Gadabout Coins Revisited" version. Seems to fit what you're looking for and is a nice effect using multiple half dollars. I know the more basic play of this can also be found in Bobo's.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=asutRJZ9rBo
You sound like you have a plot, criteria and know what you want. I think it would be great for you to research thru reading etc.and learn the moves, sleights, patter , personality to accomplish this. You will be very fulfilled and learn lots. yoy will become a better performer, make it your own.
Hanging coins? Not too hard and very aesthetic?..
Message: Posted by: Michael Rubinstein (May 14, 2015 11:32PM)
Probably the one I think best meets your criteria is my Triple Play, on the Penguin Live lecture or the NYCMS dvd series. It is a three coin appearance, vanish, appearance, is EXTREMELY clean, no gaffs, and not done fast. Good patter as well. Check it out. Also have n same two places a routine called sliding wild coin, with a three coin production, change to three copper coins, and then a three coin vanish. No gaffs, and your hands look clean, also very easy!
Rune Klan has several such routines in his DVD "3 Pieces of Silver" - complete coin routines designed for table hopping