(Close Window)
Topic: The Vault - Created by David Penn
Hi Guys

I just wanted to share the trailer for my latest effect – The Vault

[youtube]n_f-bSGW2OQ[/youtube]

All the very best

David

Add Copy:

David Penn, the creator of Mystery Solved and Coinvexed has applied revolutionary new thinking to the ring-flight plot.

David has also combined this killer effect with an organic version of the nest of boxes resulting in an effect that will be impossible to comprehend for your spectators.

You casually place your keys on the table, in full view prior to sharing a moment of magic.

A borrowed object such as a ring or a signed coin vanishes without a trace.

Even though the keys have been in full view from the start, for the first time, with empty hands, you pick up your keys and show that attached to the keyring is a box. You open it and inside is another box. You or the spectator opens this to find another box inside. They open the final box of the three to find their object!

The Vault is a precision made gimmick that allows you to accomplish this incredible effect without the need for complicated sleight of hand.

Presented by Wayne Fox and created by David Penn, this is a truly impossible effect that you will always carry on your keyring. This is 'The Vault'.

"That fooled me completely! I've always loved the Nest of Boxes and this is TERRIFIC!"
Doc Eason

"That is just AWESOME!"
Ravi Mayar

"This is pure GENIUS! Your spectators will have no chance to comprehend what just happened"
Rus Andrews

"That is INCREDIBLE! I can't wait to use this!"
Eric Leblon

“This is epic! Such a well structured routine and the final kicker hits you hard when you least expect it. My kind of magic, I love it!”
Steve Rowe

“THE VAULT blew my mind and will kill your spectators dead. Love it!"
Stephen Leathwaite
This looks amazing - ideal to perform after Coinvexed with the second coin.
Looks very good! What's the maximum size of an Euro coin David? :)
This looks like a no brainer. Just placed my order and WMS rang me to say I was the first to order and sweetened the deal with a thank you gift. Which is truly wonderful as its my birthday today.

Can't wait to see this when it arrives!
[quote]On May 29, 2015, Pixelated wrote:
This looks amazing - ideal to perform after Coinvexed with the second coin. [/quote]

If you vanish the signed bent coin it works so well.

Cheers

David
[quote]On May 29, 2015, Ceierry wrote:
Looks very good! What's the maximum size of an Euro coin David? :) [/quote]

It fits a two pound coin and a fifty p piece. I know that for sure but I don't have any Euros on me at the moment. Hope that helps and you can compare measurements online?

Cheers

David
£2 = 28.4mm
I do like the looks of the "box". Though I do not like the edit's in the video. If this is as clean as the ad states then the whole routine should be shown.

But I will say this is definitely intriguing bringing the nested boxes to the keys. Great ingenuity!

RNK
[quote]On May 29, 2015, RNK wrote:
I do like the looks of the "box". Though I do not like the edit's in the video. If this is as clean as the ad states then the whole routine should be shown.

But I will say this is definitely intriguing bringing the nested boxes to the keys. Great ingenuity!

RNK [/quote]

I must admit at thought that at first too. BUt then I got thinking ......There may well be a little "dirty" work in there ..... but we are not fools and neither are WMS .... how many times would people watch again and again until they had 'it'? I am inclined to think that it looks pretty strong.

What I am not sure about is how many times I want my keys out at a gig. But I'm not sure.

It looks good though. If I had the cash I may go for it. Did I see a release date?

Then there was this from Pixelated, I have a question for you David........

This looks amazing - ideal to perform after Coinvexed with the second coin. [/quote]

Can it be done after Coinvexed? Will the bend not cause a problem?

Cheers guys.
[quote]On May 29, 2015, dave_matkin wrote:

RNK [/quote]

I must admit at thought that at first too. BUt then I got thinking ......There may well be a little "dirty" work in there ..... but we are not fools and neither are WMS .... how many times would people watch again and again until they had 'it'? I am inclined to think that it looks pretty strong.

What I am not sure about is how many times I want my keys out at a gig. But I'm not sure.

It looks good though. If I had the cash I may go for it. Did I see a release date?

Then there was this from Pixelated, I have a question for you David........

Can it be done after Coinvexed? Will the bend not cause a problem?

Cheers guys. [/quote]

Hi Guys

I understand your concerns. I buy magic too!

Give me a moment and I more than happy to put the two full live performance up from the DVD for you. We all know on the Café that something is going on and I hope you love what is actually going on as much as I do. How's that sound?

Cheers

David
Can a fairly large ring fit inside as it looks quite a slim box for the final reveal? Or just a wedding band would fit inside?
Will this be sold at Penguin or MJM magic?
David is very fair posting a live cut. This looks amazing. So practical to have with you at all times. I'm going to preorder. Thanks for producing good quality magic.
[quote]On May 29, 2015, Daren wrote:
Can a fairly large ring fit inside as it looks quite a slim box for the final reveal? Or just a wedding band would fit inside? [/quote]

Hi Darren

I have uploaded a picture for you :-)

The smallest of the boxes will take 4 X 50p's on top of each other which equates to a large ring.

Cheers

David
[quote]On May 29, 2015, MR Effecto wrote:
Will this be sold at Penguin or MJM magic? [/quote]

The Worldwide distributer received all assets yesterday so I am sure that you will see it populate onto US sites today.

Cheers

David
This may well be WPR worker of the week. :rotf:

Looks awesome David. Well done. Looking forward to getting this. :wow:
I pre-ordered this. I never do that. But having a carry around, nested routine with me all the time. Plus, c'mon, how can you not trust David? I'll post a review after some road testing.
Over $50! .Damn! Not this month. I have the Viking Nest anyway. But I like this!

Doug
Looks nice. Maybe not as bice as the wallets by Mr. Einhorn. Will it hold up well on a key fob which will be carried everywhere, everytime ? Plastic seems to be thin.
[quote]On May 29, 2015, Dougini wrote:
Over $50! .Damn! Not this month. I have the Viking Nest anyway. But I like this!

Doug [/quote]

How is this different than Viking's Nest of Boxes other than made in plastic and attached to a key chain? I am sure the routining is great as David only puts out well made, professionally tested routines.
Michael
I a have Chris Angel nest of box like that ,but not on a keyring but with a pocket holder,it was cheap and I beleive it is 5 flat box's,never seemed to get much reaction out of it,yes I was performing it right,lol.
[quote]On May 29, 2015, magicinsight wrote:

Doug [/quote]

How is this different than Viking's Nest of Boxes other than made in plastic and attached to a key chain? I am sure the routining is great as David only puts out well made, professionally tested routines.
Michael [/quote]

I have always loved the nest of boxes and ring flight. I wanted to create a nest of boxes that is on a keyring that can be used in a ring flight style routine. Like Wayne says on the first part of the trailer, it's a classic effect but this makes it organic.

Cheers

David
[quote]On May 29, 2015, Fire Starter wrote:
I a have Chris Angel nest of box like that ,but not on a keyring but with a pocket holder,it was cheap and I beleive it is 5 flat box's,never seemed to get much reaction out of it,yes I was performing it right,lol. [/quote]

We have had these custom made and the quality is great and very robust.

It get's great reactions as seen on the trailer. Love CA though. Saw his show in Vegas and it was brilliant!

Cheers

Cheers

David
Waits for reviews.
Live performances are just uploading guys. I know you guys are gonna love what is really going on in the off beat. You'll see what's going on and enjoy this moment.....

Cheers

Dave
I've been really wanting a nest of wallets, but also wanted something I could carry around with me to do on the fly and not having to worry about having to say "Forgot to pickup my nest of wallets. Sorry :( " This May be just what I was looking for :)
[quote]On May 29, 2015, dp wrote:
[quote]On May 29, 2015, magicinsight wrote:

Doug [/quote]

Michael [/quote]

I have always loved the nest of boxes and ring flight. I wanted to create a nest of boxes that is on a keyring that can be used in a ring flight style routine. Like Wayne says on the first part of the trailer, it's a classic effect but this makes it organic.

Cheers

David [/quote]

David,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I do like the concept of applying a nest of boxes idea to a ring flight routine. Looks very good.

Michael
Ah! I think I get it. WOW! Brilliant, Dave! This kicks it up a notch for me. The Ring Flight principle is one I never thought of! When Penguin gets this, I'm ON it! And I WILL review it! :)

Doug
Hi Guys

Please don't share this around. It's just for the guys on the Café but I really want to show you the moment and how it flys.

The work to look out for it at 1:29 and 4:03

[youtube]q2VQvCvRrak[/youtube]

Cheers guys

David
Even more thrilled I pre-ordered this. Thanks for sharing that, David.
YES! Freakin' [i]brilliant[/i], Dave! This IS a worker!

Doug
Love it. Great work.
Great looking effect!! What could you use other than flash paper?
Simple, good and neat performance with perfect misdirection.

Nice useful practical idea making use of the good old nest of boxes. Good magic.

On my purchase list but from a US seller.

:xmas:
Wow I'm completely fooled... That was killer.
Well done. Everything is perfectly motivated.
David,

Thank you for sharing the unedited full performance. IT looks great! I really like that it just requires a very light touch and the misdirection is perfect. Looking forward to ordering it.

Michael
I think David is on a winner here: Great visual magic with the classic perfect plot.

Borrowed coin signed by the spectator, keys put in front of them in view, flash paper wrapped round coin Take out lighter sudden flash,coin vanishes. Now tell the spectator to look inside nest of boxes on keys ring that as been in view the whole time and then... POW-WAM-BAM TAKE THAT! Spectators jaw hits the floor. :wow:

Graham
Hi Guys

Please don't share this around. It's just for the guys on the Café but I really want to show you the moment and how it flys.

Cheers guys

David [/quote]

Thanks for sharing that David. Looks fantastic!! Just super!!

RNK
Hi Guys

Cheers guys

David [/quote]

RNK [/quote]

Thanks RNK

Been trying to post for a while to say thank you to everyone for the feedback but very bad internet at my gig tonight.

Did you also spot the subtlety on the tapping of the ring with the second performance?

When I use to where a ring ( don't talk about it) I used this all the time.

Cheers

David
Very nice! And I thought I could give my magic budget a break for a while... :applause:

Jim
Hi Guys

Cheers guys

David [/quote]

RNK [/quote]

Thanks RNK

Been trying to post for a while to say thank you to everyone for the feedback but very bad internet at my gig tonight.

Did you also spot the subtlety on the tapping of the ring with the second performance?

When I use to where a ring ( don't talk about it) I used this all the time.

Cheers

David [/quote]

Yes. Very nice subtlety!
I assume the spec cannot do the unscrewing of the gimmick then?
[quote]On May 29, 2015, pegasus wrote:
I assume the spec cannot do the unscrewing of the gimmick then? [/quote]

After you have removed the first box with empty hands you can hand the second box to a spectator to open. They will discover the other box inside and the coin or ring inside that one.

Hope that clarifies Pegasus?

Cheers

David
When I showed Doc Eason the effect at the Bristol Day of Magic it fooled him completely. Doc was even more surprised when I explained to him how it worked and the fact it was inspired by his teaching of card under glass.
Doc then kept taking me round to other people to show them the effect just so he could watch the moment again and again that is now on the video for you guys.

The feedback from the launch has been amazing and thankyou to everyone who has pre ordered so far and taken advantage of the free Tab Test deal.

Cheers

David
Thank you Dave for the full performance video :)
Great effect.I like it.
This is an awesome new product David. Congrats.

I was fortunate enough to have David skype me a while back and show this to us directly. It performs so smoothly, and I could see this easily being used by anyone who does any type of strolling.

Hocus Pocus is offering this with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING if you PreOrder with us.
http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=30221

If you have any questions please let me know.

Cole
[quote]On May 29, 2015, pegasus wrote:
I assume the spec cannot do the unscrewing of the gimmick then? [/quote]

After you have removed the first box with empty hands you can hand the second box to a spectator to open. They will discover the other box inside and the coin or ring inside that one.

Hope that clarifies Pegasus?

Cheers

David [/quote]

That's good enough for me, David. Thank you.
Order placed!!!!
If I leave my keys on the table in pub in bradford someone will swiped them to steal my car! not for me this one.
Love this plot and dam*! why didn't I think of that before david?

can't wait to get david's new release and will love to review and road test it
for everyone.

well done david :)
And the almighty question, what is the reset on this? Instant? Will you be able to reset it, in front of the spectators, in the act of putting everything back together?
[quote]On May 29, 2015, RickVancouver wrote:
And the almighty question, what is the reset on this? Instant? Will you be able to reset it, in front of the spectators, in the act of putting everything back together? [/quote]

You got it!

Wayne and I demonstrate this on the DVD. You nest everything in front of them and in the action of putting the keys back in your pocket you're reset and ready to go again.

Cheers

David
I smiled like a cheshire cat when David showed me this.
Very clever concept to bring an old classic up to date, not only that, the level of impossibility is incredible. Keys in full view right from the start = miracle.

Wonderful working piece of magic.
Do you have to use flash paper for this effect?
[quote]On May 29, 2015, seanksutton wrote:
Do you have to use flash paper for this effect? [/quote]

I would guess that you don't but it adds a nice flourish and serves as a convincer that the coin is still wrapped in it long after it has taken flight. Adding some time between between the dirty work and the magic.

I could be wrong, though, as I'm not usually right ;)
[quote]On May 29, 2015, PendletonThe3rd wrote:
[quote]On May 29, 2015, seanksutton wrote:
Do you have to use flash paper for this effect? [/quote]

I would guess that you don't but it adds a nice flourish and serves as a convincer that the coin is still wrapped in it long after it has taken flight. Adding some time between between the dirty work and the magic.

I could be wrong, though, as I'm not usually right ;) [/quote]

That's what I thought. Not a big deal, just wondering how much flash appear I should stock up on :)
The live performances definitely sell it way better than any trailer could! If it is as sturdy and reliable as stated, this looks like something I would use. Look forward to hearing from owners!
[quote]On May 29, 2015, Raj Suman wrote:
If I leave my keys on the table in pub in bradford someone will swiped them to steal my car! not for me this one. [/quote]

You're kidding, right?
No Not one bit. it has happened to me already in my town.
No Not one bit. it has happened to me already in my town. [/quote]

You need to move.
Just pre-ordered this - and I don’t usually pre-order anything!

Thanks!

Jim
[quote]On May 29, 2015, J-Mac wrote:
Just pre-ordered this - and I don’t usually pre-order anything!

Thanks!

Jim [/quote]

I don't blame you Jim.
Given the information we have so far, I'd venture to guess that the likelyhood of being disappointed in this is fairly slim.
Plus, DP has a pretty good track record and every effect of his that I have purchased has generally been very good to excellent and certainly of very high quality.
Yeah, I recently purchased Mystery Solved and have been very satisfied with that. And this one looks excellent.

Thanks!

Jim
Would it look strange to have FOB and the Vault on the same keychain?
Hmmm...always more decisions to make. :)
[quote]Would it look strange to have FOB and the Vault on the same keychain?
Hmmm...always more decisions to make. Smile[/quote]

Lot's of people have several knick knacks on their key chain.

Seems like you get one of those OMG moments by doing the coin to vault and then moving on to cards and at some point you say again "I haven't gone near my keys"...
[quote]On May 29, 2015, videoman wrote:
No Not one bit. it has happened to me already in my town. [/quote]

You need to move. [/quote]

He can't because his car was stolen. :bawl: :rotf:
Just as long as there is a method that does not require flash-paper, and looks as convincing, then I'm in.
A false transfer will do it, bring out lighter and pass to spectator as in the demo, ask them to light it, and say to pass lighter underneath your hand say that this heats up your hand and therefore heats up coin/finger ring so you can turn it so small it vanishes, there ya go, how's that?
[quote]On May 30, 2015, Daren wrote:
A false transfer will do it, bring out lighter and pass to spectator as in the demo, ask them to light it, and say to pass lighter underneath your hand say that this heats up your hand and therefore heats up coin/finger ring so you can turn it so small it vanishes, there ya go, how's that? [/quote]

Morning guys,

That will certainly do it. Wayne and I played around with having the coin signed by yourself on one side and the spec on the other. Perform a simple transfer but the coin apparently staying in view prior to the vanish. This means that the specs can apparently clearly see their coin and yet all the work as shown in the video has already been done.
Also Any Ring by Richard Sanders or rattle box presentation could lend themselves very well with The Vault. I love it when they are convinced that it is still there. You can use my ring tapping subltlety without flash paper also.

Cheers
David
Mr Grumpy here !!!

Traditional NOB :- Take coin from spec, pull out nest of boxes and show to spec, make coin disappear, have spec open next of boxes to find coin.

Vault, Take coin from spec, vanish coin, show nest of boxes, you open boxes at first, then spec does.

I have a notion that traditional is best here.

Also " I never touched the keys"......"Yes you £$$$!! did"--- wonder how often you'd get called on that.

Not sure that NOB and ring flight actually work together - especially since an observant spec might spot that the vault wasn't on the key ring to start off with.
Ray

You're not Mr Grumpy at all.

I agree, the traditional NOB is just as effective. If not more so.

I think it's more powerful for the spectator to be holding the box throughout rather than it being 'remote' and on YOUR keyring.

However, magicians will always buy the latest.

Maybe V2.0 will be made from clear plastic. :lol:

J
[quote]On May 30, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Ray

I think it's more powerful for the spectator to be holding the box throughout rather than it being 'remote' and on YOUR keyring.

J [/quote]

Do you know, I have no problem with magicians buying the latest toy for themselves...lifes about having fun.

Lets just not kid ourselves that many of thee new tricks are an improvement on whats gone before.
[quote]On May 30, 2015, Ray Chelt wrote:
Ray

J [/quote]

Do you know, I have no problem with magicians buying the latest toy for themselves...lifes about having fun.

Lets just not kid ourselves that many of thee new tricks are an improvement on whats gone before. [/quote]

Completely agree that this is a reworking of somthing that has come before. We even say it on the trailer. Personally I like the fact That Vault looks like somthing that belongs on your keyring and not a magic prop that you bring into play. I have always loved the nest of boxes as a plot and this effect being unexpected and organic and more like a Ringflight style effect works for me. Fully except if you want to perform it your way as like I said, I love the plot.

Cheers
David
[quote]On May 30, 2015, dp wrote:
Ray

J [/quote]

Lets just not kid ourselves that many of thee new tricks are an improvement on whats gone before. [/quote]

Completely agree that this is a reworking of somthing that has come before. We even say it on the trailer. Personally I like the fact That Vault looks like somthing that belongs on your keyring and not a magic prop that you bring into play. I have always loved the nest of boxes as a plot and this effect being unexpected and organic and more like a Ringflight style effect works for me. Fully except if you want to perform it your way as like I said, I love the plot.

Cheers
David [/quote]

|Its a nice idea David, doesn't quite work for me; but its a marginal thing.

Good luck with this one and keep inventing !!
Mr Grumpy here !!!

Traditional NOB :- Take coin from spec, pull out nest of boxes and show to spec, make coin disappear, have spec open next of boxes to find coin.

Vault, Take coin from spec, vanish coin, show nest of boxes, you open boxes at first, then spec does.

[/quote]

Except that in a traditional Coin/Ring to Nest of Boxes, the boxes are not usually pulled out until AFTER the object has vanished. I don't know of a close-up Nest of Boxes where a spectator can be holding the boxes before their borrowed ring disappears. For me, an impossible location that's on the table all along is stronger than an impossible location that's introduced after the object has vanished.
Concerned about keys getting stollen, how about a dummy key set, bummer if it happens but you still get to drive home after the gig. Concerned solved!
NM
[quote]On May 30, 2015, Caliban wrote:
Mr Grumpy here !!!

[/quote]

Except that in a traditional Coin/Ring to Nest of Boxes, the boxes are not usually pulled out until AFTER the object has vanished. I don't know of a close-up Nest of Boxes where a spectator can be holding the boxes before their borrowed ring disappears. For me, an impossible location that's on the table all along is stronger than an impossible location that's introduced after the object has vanished. [/quote]
What a joker.

The whole point of nest of boxes is that they are on display before the item vanishes.

Here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jBAk5aGsnM

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMJ3Lazbj68

Now eat your words.
Mr Grumpy here !!!

[/quote]

Except that in a traditional Coin/Ring to Nest of Boxes, the boxes are not usually pulled out until AFTER the object has vanished. I don't know of a close-up Nest of Boxes where a spectator can be holding the boxes before their borrowed ring disappears. For me, an impossible location that's on the table all along is stronger than an impossible location that's introduced after the object has vanished. [/quote]

So, as Jamie rather harshly pointed out, the NOB should always be in sight before the object vanishes, a simple switch is all that's needed.

On Vault, unless I am terribly mistaken, you pretend the Vault was there all the time , but it wasn't, an observant Spectator might pick up on this.

Its still a decent trick though.
Wow. That's the way I've always done it! But if you're looking for a routine that's different, eh...Dr. Mike?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXWvZzwrlW8

Doug
Trust The Rubinator to come up something special.
Mr Grumpy here !!!

[/quote]

What a joker.

The whole point of nest of boxes is that they are on display before the item vanishes.

Here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jBAk5aGsnM

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMJ3Lazbj68

Now eat your words. [/quote]

Thank you for posting the videos. IT is certainly a terrific effect. However, I think the routining and overall impact are much better with The Vault than with the brass nest of boxes routine as presented. While I have brass nest of boxes, I have ordered David's The Vault since the way it is presented I feel it is more entertaining and is a stronger routine. I think thee is a very strong and undeniable inference that the box used with The Vault has been on the table attached to the key chain without the need to explicitly mentioning it. The use of flash paper and he lighter are elements in the routining which naturally hides the method and adds to the theatrics of the effect.

Thank you again for sharing the video links. The small nest of boxes is a great, classic trick.

Michael
[quote]On May 29, 2015, APC wrote:

[b]The live performances definitely sell it way better than any trailer could![/b]
[/quote]

Yes, so TRUE. And with that one would have noticed that till now there hasn't been a single negative comment. The prospective buyer knows exactly what they are getting and the skill set they need to perform the effect. The creator has left no guesswork for the buyer as to what's in store for him. This has also completely cut down the unnecessary speculation(s) by our esteemed members. This kind of transparency in selling an effect also shows the confidence the creator has for his newly released effect/ product.

The creator of 'The Vault' has set a new marketing trend, and I wish other creators learn from this and follow suite - The earlier the better.

[b]On Vault, unless I am terribly mistaken, you pretend the Vault was there all the time , but it wasn't, an observant Spectator might pick up on this.[/b]
[/quote]

Sorry I would humbly beg to differ on the above. The 'Vault' or for that matter the bunch of keys do not draw any attention till the end of the effect and that's when the performer draws attention to the bunch of keys and the 'Vault'. But before that so much more is going on with all attention drawn towards the coin/ ring etc. and that's where I feel the importance of flash paper coming into play. It is at this time that all eyes are made to focus on the bunch of keys and the 'Vault'. Till then the keys are of no significance and is simply lying on the table in full view until the end. During the entire act nobody is pretending that the 'Vault' was there all the time. This fact is only disclosed at the end of the effect. I do hope, I'm on the right track on this.

[quote]On May 30, 2015, Ustaad wrote:
[quote]On May 29, 2015, APC wrote:

[b]The live performances definitely sell it way better than any trailer could![/b]
[/quote]

Yes, so TRUE. And with that one would have noticed that till now there hasn't been a single negative comment. The prospective buyer knows exactly what they are getting and the skill set they need to perform the effect. The creator has left no guesswork for the buyer as to what's in store for him. This has also completely cut down the unnecessary speculation(s) by our esteemed members. This kind of transparency in selling an effect also shows the confidence the creator has for his newly released effect/ product.

The creator of 'The Vault' has set a new marketing trend, and I wish other creators learn from this and follow suite - The earlier the better.

:xmas: [/quote]

Ustaad,

Very true. All creators and produces of magic should take the same approach.

Michael
Agree that David showing two performance videos is a great approach.
Davids approach of showing two live videos with no edits certainly works well when the product requires a specially produced object. It doesn't matter if the prospective buyers completely figure out the routine form the video. They still need to buy the product to do the routine.

Many magic tricks use only ordinary objects. If the creator wants to sell that product they can't give the entire routine away in a video like that.
Sorry if I missed it somewhere, these are made out of plastic?
[quote]On May 30, 2015, dman11 wrote:
Sorry if I missed it somewhere, these are made out of plastic? [/quote]

Yes, Dman. :)

Doug
I love the NOB plot and this is superb! Thanks for the live demos David. Two questions, any flash paper inc with the Vault and is it really tough enough to 'live' on your keychain, or would you only have it in that pocket (with your keys) for performance?
Hi Rob

Flash Paper is not included as we have restrictions on shipping overseas. Any vanish will work though if you don't have any.

One half of the gimmick lives perminatly on my keyring and the Vault is kept in the pocket separately ready to go. You can have it attached but I have it ready and then leave it attached after the performance unless I choose to instantly reset in front of them.

Cheers

David
Looks brilliant David!!!

I'm a massive fan of the nest of boxes effect but the spellbinding boxes were never quite right for me.

This looks so much more organic and will sit nicely next to my RFR.
Can't wait!!
Totally agree with Ustaad this is a new and transparent approach to sell magic.
:ohyes:
Just preordered this today

Another vote in favour of the 'show us what's going on' live performance. After watching it a couple of times I could see I wanted this.
So kudos and thanks :)
[quote]On May 31, 2015, dp wrote:
Hi Rob

Flash Paper is not included as we have restrictions on shipping overseas. Any vanish will work though if you don't have any.

One half of the gimmick lives perminatly on my keyring and the Vault is kept in the pocket separately ready to go. You can have it attached but I have it ready and then leave it attached after the performance unless I choose to instantly reset in front of them.

Cheers

David [/quote]
So you can have the vault permanently attached to the key ring and
it's strong enough to withstand everyday normal use,i.e- it won't
detach on it's own.Is this correct?
And then just before you bring out the key ring, you can detach
the vault from the key ring whilst it's in your pocket. Is this also
correct? If so, then this is superb.
[quote]On May 31, 2015, Uncle Joe wrote:
[quote]On May 31, 2015, dp wrote:
Hi Rob

Cheers

David [/quote]
So you can have the vault permanently attached to the key ring and
it's strong enough to withstand everyday normal use,i.e- it won't
detach on it's own.Is this correct?
And then just before you bring out the key ring, you can detach
the vault from the key ring whilst it's in your pocket. Is this also
correct? If so, then this is superb. [/quote]

You could have it on your keyring and quite often after performing the effect I have left it there. However, I choose to instantly reset so I am ready to go again. You can't detach it in your pocket and reset for the effect though as you wish. The reset, which is taught by myself and Wayne on the DVD, is performed in the action of putting everything back together and away in your pockets as the spectators are reacting to the effect.

Thanks to everyone for sharing videos of Nest of Boxes style routines. The thing that I like most about The Vault, is that I am so comfortable challenging the spectator on the fact that I have 'NEVER' touched my keys. You then clearly show your hands empty and then go through the final reveal and you've got them!

Cheers

David
Sorry if this has already been answered but what is the release date?
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:
Sorry if this has already been answered but what is the release date? [/quote]

I Sean, The Vault is on pre order from us at the moment with a Tab Test by Wayne Fox for Free :-)
http://www.worldmagicshop.com/the-vault-created-by-david-world-magic-shop/

The shipping date worldwide is Wednesday 17th June 2015.

Cheers

David
Thanks David. It looks promising.
Really tempted with this one especially after seeing the unedited performance......great thinking well done to all involved.
Thanks David for sharing such honest footage. Let's hope we see others follow suit on the Café at least. Those clips don't harm the sales as some might think, you'll buy it or you won't, but if anything I think it helps because yes, we get the vault gimmick but we can see the structure of the routine and that is the important part.

Is it fiddly to do at any point? Like loading the coin or the vault to the keyring?
[quote]On Jun 1, 2015, Russell Davidson wrote:
Thanks David for sharing such honest footage. Let's hope we see others follow suit on the Café at least. Those clips don't harm the sales as some might think, you'll buy it or you won't, but if anything I think it helps because yes, we get the vault gimmick but we can see the structure of the routine and that is the important part.

Is it fiddly to do at any point? Like loading the coin or the vault to the keyring? [/quote]

It literally takes seconds from the load to the point where it's attached to the keyring. We will be launching at the Leamington Day of Magic, if you want to see it in person, or I'll be at the Watford Association of Magicians tomorrow night for Wayne's lecture.

Cheers

David
When a magician / producer talks so freely about the method of a product - you can be sure it is because they are so confident and proud of the work put in.
The method therefore is not something people will decide to 'not' but this for, in fact it is the method that is so wonderful with this.
This is not the sort of magic product that will be on second hand sale sites guaranteed.

No brainer, buy this pocket miracle maker.
This Is Great but on the other hand thanks for reminding me about the Nested Boxes . I just went downstairs I have a trunk full of 25 Criss angel Nested boxes , I bought them 2 years ago from the Dollar store of course for 1.00 each . Okay its not going to be on my Keychain but it's in my pocket just as good !!
David,

I really like it that you are addressing all our concerns openly and frankly here. This is very reassuring to me as a buyer of magic props. I was wondering if you could please help out by answering another question.

I have a brass set of NOB but don't use it for most walk-around situations because there are two problems: (1) The re-set takes a little longer than is practical for walk-around and can't easily be done in front of spectators (2) There is an awkward "holder" for NOB that takes up quite a bit of pocket space.

From your prior remarks on this thread, I understand that the re-set is probably more practical for The Vault than for NOB, because the re-set for The Vault can be done right in front of spectators. Furthermore, you show how to do the re-set on the video for The Vault.

What about the second problem that bothers me, by which I mean the "holder"? With NOB there is a rather bulky holder left behind in the pocket that the spectators never see. Is this also true for The Vault?

Thanks again,

Jim
I do like the look of this, but plastic? Really?

Robert
[quote]On Jun 6, 2015, Robert Sixx wrote:

Robert [/quote]

I pre-ordered it. I do not mind if it is plastic as long it is strong and scratch resistant especially if it is going to carried loosely in the pocket with a bunch of keys.

Michael
[quote]On Jun 6, 2015, Robert Sixx wrote:

Robert [/quote]

I'm also a bit concerned after my Fair Play gimmick shattered on my keychain from typical daily use.
I am Sure this is Great ! but I get a great reaction from taking the black box from my pocket with the Criss Angel model its basically the same ! If you have the Money then yes Get this model on your keychain !
Hi guys

All the component parts for The Vault arrived at World Magic Shop today and will be sent out on Wednesday. This means that this is the very last opportunity to take advantage of the pre-order bonus of a free copy of Tab Test from Wayne Fox. This will be sent automatically with all pre orders :-)

http://www.worldmagicshop.com/the-vault-created-by-david-world-magic-shop/

Cheers

David
Thanks David. I ordered mine last month and have been excitedly waiting for it to drop through my letterbox. Looks like the wait is nearly over.
Thanks Dave! Ya know, I haven't bought anything new for years. I love my Viking Nest Of Boxes. I might spring for this when Penguin has it. :)

Doug
Tip:

One of the parts you get with The Vault can be adapted to make a poor man's Freedom Writer

Those who own both will know what I mean. ;)

Jamie 'always adding value' Ferguson
My concern with this is that even in the trailer the bloke makes it look really fiddly. He struggles to untwist them and at one point, having opened it, he has to tap it several times to get the inner box out.

I can see the logic of a long thread which takes time to unscrew but this appears just to be difficult to use. It appears very clumsy.
I received this today, and my first impressions are that it's a beautiful bit of kit.
Very neat, very well made, and with a couple of subtleties that go the extra mile to make it convincing. One of which make the worries about it being fiddly to unscrew moot.
I have very small hands, but I can handle the gimmick easily, and I think bigger hands would only make it more comfortable.
It works so smoothly it made me smile the first time I played with it, and it's clear a lot of thought and time has gone in to make this right.

The DVD does its job well; it explains the effect and teaches even an amateur like me how to pull this off smoothly.
I'm going to need a bit more practice before I'm happy to perform this in front of an audience, but I think it's going to get good reactions once I've got the handling down.

Overall I'm very happy with this!
My only concern is I might have to add something to my keys as camouflage, but I think that's probably magician's guilt rather than an actual issue!
Could you tell us a little bit more about the plastic used ? I love the plot and it seems to be a very very good release but I'm just worried about it cracking or breaking while being on my keys.
Without giving too much away, I think that the bit you keep on your keys would stand up to normal key life. I have mine on my keys in my pocket now, and will probably leave it there indefinitely without worry of damage or people asking why I have it on my keyring.

I don't think I'd keep everything in my pocket all the time. Partly because I keep a lot of stuff in my pockets already.
I [I]think[/I] everything would stand up to normal pocket conditions, and everything looks both sturdy and tough. But if you put it in a pocket with keys and money and sat on it a lot (I don't know why you would, but...) then I don't know how it'd hold up over the course of months. There is also a something I'd be wary about carrying all the time if it wasn't set up and ready to go

TL;DR: high quality, I don't think carrying it in your pocket will be a problem unless you subject the things in your pockets to extreme conditions.

Hope that noncommittal answer helps?
Feel free to PM if you want a bit of clarification :)
[quote]On Jun 19, 2015, EscapeMaster wrote:
My concern with this is that even in the trailer the bloke makes it look really fiddly. He struggles to untwist them and at one point, having opened it, he has to tap it several times to get the inner box out.

I can see the logic of a long thread which takes time to unscrew but this appears just to be difficult to use. It appears very clumsy. [/quote]
There is no thread. Unscrewing is the standard illusion with this type of prop.

There is an issue that the mould spot can cause the boxes to stick in each other. File them down and they work ok, but this should have been resolved at pre-production stage imho.
Have they all shipped out now? Waiting for mine from Hocus Pocus.

Thanks!

Jim
[quote]On Jun 20, 2015, J-Mac wrote:
Have they all shipped out now? Waiting for mine from Hocus Pocus.

Thanks!

Jim [/quote]
Where's Cole when you need him?

Cole, are you there? :wavey:
Does anyone else's have little marks on the side of the boxes, looks like little scuff marks and indentations? I assume this is where they have been snapped off the moulding?
Yes, it's the thing I mentioned a few posts back. Mine cause the boxes to get stuck.

I would have rather paid a little bit more for this issue to be resolved before release.
[quote]On Jun 19, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

I can see the logic of a long thread which takes time to unscrew but this appears just to be difficult to use. It appears very clumsy. [/quote]

There is an issue that the mould spot can cause the boxes to stick in each other. File them down and they work ok, but this should have been resolved at pre-production stage imho. [/quote]

Thanks Jamie

You will find that this resolves when they have been used for a little while.

With the weight of an object inside the boxes will fall out easily. I put a full performance on World Magic Shop's Facebook page a few days ago with a slightly different handling. You will see how I remove the boxes then.

I will try to get it on Youtube for you guys that can't get to see the FB page.

Cheers

David
Thanks David. Supportive as always.

I haven't tried this out yet. Still practicing to get the flow of the routine smooth.

Looking forward to taking it out when it's ready.
[quote]On Jun 20, 2015, dp wrote:
[quote]On Jun 19, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

There is an issue that the mould spot can cause the boxes to stick in each other. File them down and they work ok, but this should have been resolved at pre-production stage imho. [/quote]

Thanks Jamie

You will find that this resolves when they have been used for a little while.

With the weight of an object inside the boxes will fall out easily. I put a full performance on World Magic Shop's Facebook page a few days ago with a slightly different handling. You will see how I remove the boxes then.

I will try to get it on Youtube for you guys that can't get to see the FB page.

Cheers

David [/quote]

That video is uploading now with a slightly different handling. The only bit missed off the start is myself signing one side of the coin prior to me having the spec sign the other side. You can see everything going on :-)
Cheers
David
Here is the other Live video for you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGji0-c5d4A

Cheers

David
Very nice David.

Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:
Beautiful David.

Cheers

David [/quote]
You did a different handling which I liked...
. I don't want to expose anything but did you use a certain gimmick? From the seaside 😉
I am sure it's been asked and I missed it, but what can be used in place of the lighter and flash paper. many venues do not allow any type of fire.
Looks good. Great effect. Want to buy but having a hard time. Not likening the idea of placing my keys out on a table or bar before I perform this. Not like you can table hop with this. Putting out your keys before you perform this. Why would I do that? Anyway David goid luck on your new effect. All stay with my brass box's.
I would assume but I don't know that this can be presented like a standard nest of boxes giving you the option to "find" it on you keys or take it out of your pocket.
[quote]On Jun 21, 2015, MR Effecto wrote:
Looks good. Great effect. Want to buy but having a hard time. Not likening the idea of placing my keys out on a table or bar before I perform this. Not like you can table hop with this. Putting out your keys before you perform this. Why would I do that? Anyway David goid luck on your new effect. All stay with my brass box's. [/quote]

Mr. Effecto, why not pull them out as you are going for the marker for them to sign the coin? Seems perfectly natural to me.
No need to stick to the routine shown in the video. Lots of room to change the handling. Also, the boxes can be attached to things other than keys, I've come up with a nice chain round the neck handling. Think Peter Eggink's Exit and you'll understand the approach ;)
I assume this works a little like wayne fox's little capsule thing which if it does; means you could easily pull the keys from a back pocket rather than having them on the table at outset.
Just being curious and probs thinking to much but could this be used the reveal signed card to impossible location? Or would that be too fiddly and not big enough?
Just a follow-up on a question I asked earlier: The nest of boxes requires a special holder for the boxes that remains behind in the pocket when the boxes are produced. Is there a similar holder for The Vault that remains behind in the pocket? I'm trying to find out becuause of issues of pocket space/pocket management.
[quote]On Jun 21, 2015, jamesmwood wrote:
Just a follow-up on a question I asked earlier: The nest of boxes requires a special holder for the boxes that remains behind in the pocket when the boxes are produced. Is there a similar holder for The Vault that remains behind in the pocket? I'm trying to find out becuause of issues of pocket space/pocket management. [/quote]
Yes, the holder is the same as the one used for the existing brass set.
Great ideas guys. Now I rethinking.
[quote]On Jun 21, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:

Cheers

David [/quote]
You did a different handling which I liked...
. I don't want to expose anything but did you use a certain gimmick? From the seaside 😉 [/quote]

No just a pre signed coin buddy :-)

Cheers

David
I am sure it's been asked and I missed it, but what can be used in place of the lighter and flash paper. many venues do not allow any type of fire.
[quote]On Jun 21, 2015, The Baldini wrote:
I am sure it's been asked and I missed it, but what can be used in place of the lighter and flash paper. many venues do not allow any type of fire. [/quote]

Any vanish buddy but one where people feel that the coin is still somewhere else such as under a cloth is more deceptive for this effect imho.

Cheers

David
Ps happy Fathers Day
The simple coin fold works well for this kind of trick. A marked coin is folded inside a post-it note or other small piece of paper. The outline of the coin can be seen clearly inside the packet, which can be tapped against a table or glass or flicked with a fingernail to show that the coin is inside. The packet is laid openly on the table. At this point the magician brings out The Vault (or Nest of Boxes, or Nest of Wallets) and sets it nearby. After a short delay, the magician makes the coin vanish, shredding the paper packet into tiny bits and showing his or her hands completely empty. The spectator then opens The Vault and finds the marked coin inside.

The beauty of the coin fold is its application of "Time Misdirection": The spectator thinks the coin is inside the packet up until the moment when the packet is shredded. In fact, however, the coin is secretly transferred to The Vault considerably earlier than the spectator realizes.

The coin fold is fairly easy to perform and fully explained in Harry Lorayne's "The Magic Book" and Mark Wilson's "Complete Course in Magic", either of which can be purchased on Amazon.com for a very reasonable price.

As another idea: If you are vanishing a quarter, I recommend the QuartOkito box from Viking. The spectator can see the marked coin inside the QuartOkito box up until the moment when it suddenly and visibly disappears.
Heya Gang!

I've gotten a few emails about this - simply because my card guard that I created a few years ago has the same name:

http://www.sendwonder.com/collections/all/products/the-vault

Needless to say, it's no big dealio! Dave and I are old friends and it would be impossible for effects to never have the same words in the title every now and then!

Carrying on!

~jamie
In the UK we have key fobs with a pound coin sized disc. It's ised to put in shopping trolleys instead of using a coin.

An idea would be to borrow a pound coin and gave it signed. Then ask someone to hold it but switch it for a shopping trolley disc. Now load the coin as you say you will vanish the coin in their hand. They can feel the coin (apparently) so this will seem impossible. After a while you fail and get them to open up their hand. Inside is the shopping trolley token. Act surprised then say that you normally keep that in the vault on your keys. Finish by showing the coin on your keys b

By adding an transposition you are justifying why the coin is in your key fob. Also the fact they can apparently feel the coin adds an extra layer of impossibility and providers built in time misdirection.

Great effect by the way Dave!!!

Craig.
Lovely idea Craig, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

If I may be so bold as to suggest a name for your effect, I'd call it "Off Your Trolley".
Jamie, that is ***ing hilarious! :rotf:
Nice idea Craig.
Yes, thanks for that, Craig!

Jim
Just came across this thread today - looks very good indeed!

I have owned the beautiful brass Viking version for many years but this seems like a thoughful re-boot.
Great idea Craig,i like that a lot.
Finally watched the dvd last night. Good teaching as usual. Not wild about this being made of plastic but the overall quality seems pretty good. Gimmick is clever and it includes a nice holder that allows for pocket management and easy loading. Works very well with a coin. I don't see how you could use this for a ring unfortunately. The ring would have to be very small and thin with no stones. So you are pretty much going to only use this with a signed coin or other similar size/shape object. Slightly disappointing but not a deal breaker. Thus far, I've only given it a few trial runs but so far it seems to function well. Reset is fairly easy but will take some practice if you are going to use this strolling.

I was thinking about the motivation to bring your keys out and sit them on the table at the beginning. Not a huge point but it's not something you would really ever do, especially in a professional setting. Then I looked at my keys and noticed that I have a mini-Sharpie attached to my keys. So I got lucky. The motivation to take the keys out is to get to the mini Sharpie so the spectator can sign the coin. Still not the perfect motivation but it's certainly better than just bringing your keys out for no reason.

Overall, I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this. Advertising was open and honest. Teaching was very clear. Quality seems fine. Well done.
[quote]On Jun 24, 2015, emyers99 wrote:
Finally watched the dvd last night. Good teaching as usual. Not wild about this being made of plastic but the overall quality seems pretty good. Gimmick is clever and it includes a nice holder that allows for pocket management and easy loading. Works very well with a coin. I don't see how you could use this for a ring unfortunately. The ring would have to be very small and thin with no stones. So you are pretty much going to only use this with a signed coin or other similar size/shape object. Slightly disappointing but not a deal breaker. Thus far, I've only given it a few trial runs but so far it seems to function well. Reset is fairly easy but will take some practice if you are going to use this strolling.

I was thinking about the motivation to bring your keys out and sit them on the table at the beginning. Not a huge point but it's not something you would really ever do, especially in a professional setting. Then I looked at my keys and noticed that I have a mini-Sharpie attached to my keys. So I got lucky. The motivation to take the keys out is to get to the mini Sharpie so the spectator can sign the coin. Still not the perfect motivation but it's certainly better than just bringing your keys out for no reason.

Overall, I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this. Advertising was open and honest. Teaching was very clear. Quality seems fine. Well done. [/quote]

You can bring the keys out as you are looking for and asking if someone has a coin to use. Simple enough and it is perfectly natural and motivated. But the sharpie is great also. But personally, I would want to draw attention away from anything being attached to the keychain. If you treat it as a nothing as in just getting them out of the way while looking for a coin, no one will focus on the keychain. However, they might take notice if they see the sharpie attached to it.
Looks like spellbinding boxes to me. Am I missing something?
[quote]On Jun 24, 2015, Magic Patrick wrote:
Looks like spellbinding boxes to me. Am I missing something? [/quote]
More than likely.
Thanks. I thought it was more than likely spellbinding boxes on a keychain. To me I get the fair play on a keychain but not spellbinding boxes. The video is very choppy and I am sure that we are not seeing all the sequences of the trick. Another magic community, dusting off something that was old and trying to sell it as a new idea.
Patrick, did you overlook the two full uncut performance videos posted earlier in the thread?
[quote]On Jun 25, 2015, Robmonster wrote:
Patrick, did you overlook the two full uncut performance videos posted earlier in the thread? [/quote]

I am pretty sure he did and came to the same conclusion I did. I have to agree- this is just Spellbinding Boxes on a keychain. Though I think the advantage and difference with THE VAULT is that the dirty work is accomplished in front of everyone and not in your pocket.

RNK
Patrick commented that the video was 'choppy' and he wasn't seeing everything so I was pointing out there were uncut vids available.
Maybe he has a poor internet connection. :bg:
I am confused. First this:

"Magic Makers owns the rights to this amazing SS Adams Co effect and produces it in highly polished metal finishes and it comes with a professional coin vanishing hankie to make the effect complete and ready to use with no skill required..." OK, they're also gold plated.

http://www.magicmakersinc.com/p-39-spellbinding-boxes.aspx

But then Viking says:

"Made in the finest tradition of Viking quality, complete with detailed instructions.
Do NOT be mislead by advertisements touting gold plated boxes. The copies are vastly ineffective and a waste of your money. You deserve nothing but the best, as provided by Viking Mfg. Co."

http://www.vikingmagic.com/Viking%20Mfg/Coin-Money%20Magic/Nest-of-Boxes-BRASS

Myself...I'd go with Viking. But that's just me.

Doug
Hi all

Do this with a torn corner from a signed card.....

Or even better, have a card thought of, have them imagine the card between thier fingertips and have them tear a corner off and hand you the corner.....

After a few moments of madness make reference to your keys...

Make the gag of the card vanishing from thier fingertips, now start to open the containers one by one...

You get to the last one and open it to tip out the corner of their imaginary card...

R
[quote]On Jun 25, 2015, Dougini wrote:
I am confused. First this:

"Magic Makers owns the rights to this amazing SS Adams Co effect and produces it in highly polished metal finishes and it comes with a professional coin vanishing hankie to make the effect complete and ready to use with no skill required..." OK, they're also gold plated.

http://www.magicmakersinc.com/p-39-spellbinding-boxes.aspx

But then Viking says:

"Made in the finest tradition of Viking quality, complete with detailed instructions.
Do NOT be mislead by advertisements touting gold plated boxes. The copies are vastly ineffective and a waste of your money. You deserve nothing but the best, as provided by Viking Mfg. Co."

http://www.vikingmagic.com/Viking%20Mfg/Coin-Money%20Magic/Nest-of-Boxes-BRASS

Myself...I'd go with Viking. But that's just me.

Doug [/quote]
It would be ironic if Magic Makers have been ripped off here.
Watched the full performance postings. This does look pretty nice.
I don't see how you could use this for a ring unfortunately. The ring would have to be very small and thin with no stones. [/quote]
With this set, would it be possible to perform without a couple of the inner boxes? Just curious.
I love the effect and the simplicity of it. It is so easy to do.i was disappointed in the DVD. It went in many directions, then came back to the original point. Not enough time spent on the set up of the gimmick, having owned a brass version, it was obvious to me, but I felt it was glanced over. I also heard the word"Organic" 3 times. An over used catch word. There is nothing organic here.
But, the effect is made well, easy to do and easy to carry, weighs a lot less than a heavy brass version and is fun to do. Lay people love it too.
Even though it is plastic, it feels like the old pay phone plastic, strong and durable.
I went ahead and got this. Got them Yesterday. My boxes have a little flaw, The same flaw on all of them. It kinda looks like its there to help open the boxes. Is this normal?. I only watched a little of the D.V.D. but so far not bad.I do like the ideas of some of you guys on here. I will be putting this to the test tonight. Yes I said tonight. I know I only had it one day and I never perform a effect so soon but I owned the brass ones and have used them before.
[quote]On Jun 26, 2015, paperinick wrote:
I don't see how you could use this for a ring unfortunately. The ring would have to be very small and thin with no stones. [/quote]
With this set, would it be possible to perform without a couple of the inner boxes? Just curious. [/quote]

I don't see why not - I have tried loading the outer box and there were no problems.

A few thoughts:
-Plenty of reasons for keeping the keys in your pocket rather than on a table - e.g. the old line of 'If this goes wrong, you can have my car keys' etc.
-Interesting idea from Jamie Ferguson who referenced Peter Eggink's effect, Exit. This could be on a neck chain as an emergency pill/coin holder etc.
-The boxes look less 'magic prop-y' than the brass boxes, but could not be described as 'organic' IMO.
-I agree that lay people definitely love this effect having occasionally used the brass boxes for years.
-As emeyers99 notes, you will only get a slim ring in this, not a man's modest size wedding band or a ring with a reasonable setting.

I am happy with this, but for actually working this at a gig, I'm not sure it will find a regular place in my repertoire, as I have to compare it with the Nest of Wallets. The wallets take up less pocket space and are easier/less fiddly to reset (and can be done in full view of the spec on the offbeat).
However, with the boxes, the spec can actually open the last box and the method of attaching to the keys etc. is great. Hmm..

With that said, I did make up a belt holder a while back for the brass nest of boxes which I must dig out, by using a plastic pager holder with a belt clip (remember pagers?!). I just had to trim one corner edge slightly. This freed up the pocket space and kept everything out of sight above one of my back trouser/pants pockets. Worked like a dream. The holder was a snug fit in the pager holder so the boxes slid out easily and the holder could be slid out for reset.
Rather like this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Unication-Alpha-Elegant-Replacement-Holster/dp/B008YIDPLG
I have defaulted to nest of wallets. Very little pocket space (very key to me as a non pro who may walk around with something in my pocket for some time without doing it), easy reset and can hold a coin or a modest sized ring.
This looks cool might purchase at Magic Live when the bug bites.
Have to agree that nest of wallets is still the hands down winner.
I have to give credit where credit is due, this is a nifty little effect and such an easy load. Fortunately, after a thorough inspection, I did not find any flaws on my boxes, so another plus for that. I really like the thinking behind the loading and misdirection of this routine.

In my formal close-up and strolling shows, I produce a vanished ring out of a party popper that was in a Destination Box that the spectator was holding before I even borrowed her ring. It gets too good of a reaction to take that out of my gig, but I have been looking for a similar ring vanish and production for informal occasions when I don't have the box and party popper with me. This was the whole reason for my purchase of the Vault...something to have handy for informal occasions. My one negative critique with the Vault is that I am in agreement with Eric that this thing can not hold a ring, which is what I really wanted it for. I have tried it without the two inner boxes and it is possible for a men's wedding band or a smaller engagement ring, but then without the two inner boxes, there is more room to rattle around in. From years of borrowing all kinds of engagement rings, I come across too many large settings that would never fit in these boxes. So for me, I do take a bit of exception with the marketing of the effect. Not that it was outright untrue, but slightly misleading. The ad copy indicated that David wanted to further the ring flight plot, and uses the word ring a couple of other times in the ad copy. The cover photo of the DVD also shows a ring (ironically with dimensions) but you would have to find a tiny ring to do this. And the dvd never even shows anything with a ring. So, while a ring is possible if you wanted to lose a box or two, this is more useful for a signed coin.

With all that being said, while I am disappointed that my original intent won't be satisfied (i.e.: ring vanish), I will enjoy carrying this and start performing a signed coin routine.
To summarize, mentioning a ring load was completely false advertising.
[quote]On Jun 27, 2015, emyers99 wrote:
Have to agree that nest of wallets is still the hands down winner. [/quote]

AND a lot easier. I'm going to sell this item, way to much fumbling for me. I practiced the c....c...n to the k.. r... and it only worked 2 out of ten times perfectly.
I don't know if anyone remembers this as I would very much like to find if it still exists ? Around 10 years ago at the dealers hall at the Blackpool convention one dealer had a coin/ ring box prop which was kind of like a bill tube and worked a bit like the Russian doll principle . It was all self contained and once loaded it snapped shut and locked and when opened by the spectator was a series of little small tins one after another reducing in size until the coin etc was found in the last one . I wish I had purchased as never seen one since . If anyone can remember this or the name would be much appreciated 😀
I was thinking of buying this to use with a ring. Glad I did not pre-order since the ad was misleading. Thanks guys for the honest reviews. Seems like false advertising is becoming a common recurrence in magic. Truly sad. Until purchasers take note of the ones that are not honest and quite pre-ordering, this trend will not end.

RNK
Some rings will fit, I don't think it's false advertising, if you see their ring is on the large size, then use a signed coin instead as a fall back
I have been working with this the past two days.. hadn't showed it yet... I found that using a larger ring wedding ring.. the boxes close but not all the way... though this still has the appearance of all the way... so a larger ring to my mind does work... one could take out the smallest box... but I don't think it is necessary.

I don't think I will be living in fear on the size of a wedding ring...which is the specific reason why I went for this.

Marty
You'll rarely find a ring small enough to use this. Sure you can take out two of the boxes but that completely defeats the point of using a nest of boxes.
[quote]On May 29, 2015, Alex DLF wrote:
Looks nice. Maybe not as bice as the wallets by Mr. Einhorn. Will it hold up well on a key fob which will be carried everywhere, everytime ? Plastic seems to be thin. [/quote]

Being carried everywhere on a key fob won't be an issue... Don't worry about that.
That's perhaps the biggest practical difference and what sets the wallets apart. With the wallets, you just toss them in your pocket and you are ready to go anytime, anywhere. Not the case with Vault. Just having your keys on you isn't enough. You need the gimmick and the gimmick has to be in the set position. You can't really set it up on the fly. Not horrible, but still nowhere near as practical.
So I use Einhorn's NOW and Spellbinding Boxes - and now I'll be adding the Vault into the rotation. Nothing at all wrong with variety!

Jim
The vault fooled me completely when DP did it for me in Weston... and as I have stated, I love the nest o boxes plot.

but I have so much crap in my pockets that carrying a large set of keys, fobs etc doesn't work for me.

Craig Petty has the best idea yet on this... I love the chain around the neck idea..

currently on my practice table are the Vault.. and Einhorn's wallets.. assessing each .. playing with both..
There's a new version of The Vault which is clearly better.
Tell us more.
The clue is in what I said ;)

Maybe I should have been more transparent.
Transparent nest of boxes. Ya looks good. I also friends with him on facebook. Would like to see a demo on this.
Aha. How much more gold can we put on this lily?
[quote]On Oct 14, 2015, MR Effecto wrote:
Transparent nest of boxes. Ya looks good. I also friends with him on facebook. Would like to see a demo on this. [/quote]
You got it Mr Effecto. As a dealer in the game for a long time I still have my ear to the ground. :)
I am the only one that had the vault with scatches on each of the containers?
You're not the only one , but it won't affect it's function-ability , unless you're looking for perfection .
I made a claim to the supplier and said that the whole lot came with dents and scratches... I think they saved on shipping package.
Would you buy your next mobile phone with dents or scratches? Your phone would work exactly the same with a cracked screen! if it is new it should not have anything on it... that's my opinion
[quote]On Jul 13, 2016, efrados wrote:
I made a claim to the supplier and said that the whole lot came with dents and scratches... I think they saved on shipping package.
Would you buy your next mobile phone with dents or scratches? Your phone would work exactly the same with a cracked screen! if it is new it should not have anything on it... that's my opinion [/quote]

Haha , it really depends , I'm quite easily satisfied and thought the item was okay for its price . But of course I do not want a phone to be scratched up .